Dropbox Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dropbox Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Dropbox

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First was a HR / technical interview. Spoke about 2 projects and answered questions on them. 25 min online technical interview. Question was "Given a pattern and a string - find if the string follows the same pattern Eg: Pattern : [a b b a], String : cat dog dog cat "

Other Interview Reviews for Dropbox

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dropbox (Cambridge, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

One-on-one, 30 minute interview. Whiteboard coding, with helpful advice from the interviewer. About 5 minutes at the end to talk about Dropbox and any questions about the company. Overall, very friendly and relaxed interview process, with callbacks within 24 hrs for a longer interview (unfortunately, was not called back -- probably because this was my first technical interview for a company).

Interview Questions

• Questions about lists and sums of elements of the list -- not too difficult, except I blanked on a few questions about algorithms.   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Submitted resume at campus career fair. Heard back that night. Went through first round interview, which was relatively straightforward. Asked question about locating certain types of words in a dictionary. Interviewer was very happy to answer all my questions about dropbox. Very pleasant experience. Noticed next of day their decision. Excited to continue with the process soon.

Interview Questions

• locate certain types of words in a dictionary   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied at the career fair by just dropping off my resume. I was contacted within a few days saying that I was not the right fit for the job.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume online through the website, they got back to me a couple weeks later and I did 3 phone interviews over a couple weeks, the first one was mostly a conversation about my past projects and then a few related technical questions. My other 2 phone interviews were more technical and required writing some code using coderpad to solve a couple problems.

Afterwards I did the onsite interviews starting at 10am and ending around 4-5pm. The first one asked a few questions about motivation, then some coding, another coding interview, then a behavioral based interview, lunch, a couple more technical interviews (one about design/architecture) and at the end I got a chance to ask any questions during the last one. Overall very relevant problems without any puzzles or nonsense questions.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were too difficult and they didn't expect you to solve the problems in a certain way.   2 Answers

Negotiation

There was some room for negotiation after the initial offer, but the starting offer was competitive enough.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

On campus process, overall it was very fast and efficient.
    The interviewer was very friendly, presented himself and the company, and asked about my background.
    White board questions were fairly easy and required basic programming skills, they didn't care about the language I chose.
    Didn't move forward due to lack of mutual interest.

Interview Questions

• describe one of your projects and how it might be relevant   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied several years ago, the process has changed significantly since then. I did one preliminary interview and then an all-day series of technical interview. After that I had dinner with the team. There were a few weeks of negotiation afterwards, but that was largely a function of my slow response time.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox in November 2014.

Interview

I had applied online , and I was very excited when I first received the mail that they found a match in for software engineer intern post. I had passed the first round which was the string matching question, But couldn't make it to the second round of it because the interviewer gave me rather difficult problem since I applied online and it was finding a duplicate folder and specifying the roots.

Interview Questions

• Finding the duplicate files of the same root folder..   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

I applied online, heard back maybe a month later. I was asked to complete an online coding exercise on hackerrank.com. It was timed, 1 hour long, code a solution to a single problem. Took about a week before they told me I would not be moving forward in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Something about pattern matching with strings.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Initial reach out from M & A team to founders, had to do a lot of compliance paperwork, but no proper interview. We just all got our offer letters a few weeks before closing. Not bad.