Dropbox Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dropbox Program Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Dropbox

2.7

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dropbox in May 2016.

Interview

had a nice chat during interview with recruiter who found me on LinkedIN. she was very prompt and courteous.

the hiring manager was courteous as well, but wanted more in depth knowledge and experience on the subject.

Interview Questions

• specific to roles and other projects   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Dropbox

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

I recently interviewed with Google and Facebook. The quality of Dropbox's interview isn't as good.
    1. Google recruiter get on video call twice and phone call once with me, explain the process and exercise mock questions with me, and help me to refine my answers. Supper helpful. Dropbox recruiter didn't talk to me once, let alone preping me. My first screening is with hiring manager.
    2. My interview was scheduled on a Friday and only after I asked about agenda did I receive the full schedule. That was cutting very close.
    3. The questions asked by interviewers are just not as calibrated as Facebook's interviewers. Some of the Facebook's questions are so deep, I was so intrigued that I continue to search my own answers afterwards. Dropbox's questions are not as deep and focused as FB.

Interview Questions

• What was the process you implemented but failed?   2 Answers

Mar 13, 2018 – Head of Employer Brand

Thanks for your feedback. Please feel free to reach out to us directly at talent-feedback@dropbox.com and let us know who you worked with so we can pass along your feedback directly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I had a phone screen with a recruiter and was invited to an onsite to meet with the hiring manager. After meeting with the hiring manager I was invited back to meet with additional members of the team. On the day of my final interview I met with a few team members over video conference and in person. I found the interview questions to be very generic and presented as if the interview panelists had very little experience in conducting interviews, making it difficult to drive conversation and learn more about how I could help resolve issues within their team. When asking questions for more insight into specifics, they offered very vague answers or couldn’t provide answers as they were not directly tied to the projects I would be working on and suggested I save those questions for the one panelist who I would actually work with day to day in the role.

I also found scheduling interviews over the lunch period to be a huge distraction. One panelist entered my room holding a plate of chicken wings, refused to shake my hand, and proceeded to eat throughout the entire interview, staring down at her plate as she asked me 1-2 questions. I found her to be disengaged from the process and very disrespected as a candidate. After completing my final interview my recruiter contacted me for feedback and agreed to set up additional time with another member of the organization that I would work with more day to day to get more insight into the role, but ultimately fell through on this, and after a couple of weeks of awaiting to hear back from her after sending a follow up email, I finally received a rejection notice from the recruiter. Despite offering to set up time to discuss feedback if I desired, after requesting a brief phone meeting to learn more about the decision, she never returned my email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you completely dropped the ball?   2 Answers

Mar 14, 2018 – Head of Employer Brand

Thanks for the review. We’re sorry to hear that you had this experience. Please feel free to reach out directly at talent-feedback@dropbox.com and we can work on getting you appropriate feedback.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

I applied through a referral, and heard back 3 days later to set up a phone screen with the recruiter.

The overall process looked like this:

- 30 min phone screen with the recruiter
    - 30 min phone interview with the hiring manager
    - On-site/Virtual Interview, four 30 minute interviews, mix of individual conversations and panel interviews. I was told to make a presentation about a time I had used data to make a change, and what that process looked like.

I really appreciate the Dropbox team working with me on this, as I was unable to come onsite. They set up a virtual interview, and I was able to have great conversations with everyone, despite not being there in person.

Overall, it took about 5 weeks from application in to offer in hand.

Finally, my recruiter was constantly in touch and giving me very specific timelines that she was always able to meet, or even beat. This was a fantastic experience for me.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach dealing with bad data?   1 Answer
    • How do you build "radical candor" in a team?   1 Answer

Jul 11, 2019 – Talent Brand Team

Congrats on your offer!

Application

Interview

The interview process was fine up until the tail end. The recruiter requested my availability after extending an onsite interview invitation. After providing my availability, she reached out a day later informing me that the role was filled and that I would no longer be brought onsite. It's unfortunate that this interview practice was applied.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this role?   1 Answer

Nov 26, 2019 – Talent Brand Team

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Sorry to hear that you did not get a chance to interview with us. We understand that can be frustrating, and if there’s still interest with us (and we hope that there is! ) we encourage you to keep in contact with the recruiter in case a similar role opens up.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dropbox (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in December 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a Dropbox Employee. Then followed by a phone screening with the recruiter, phone interview with the potential manager and on site interviews with 4 people from the organization.

Recruiter was very helpful and proactive in terms of providing updates. I have never experienced such a great interview process before. Interviews were in a very relaxed environment, straightforward questions about the company, CV and your interest on company/role.

If you make it to onsite interview you will have a chance to have tour of the office and that is a great motivation too!
    Everyone in the office was chatty, friendly and helpful.
    I think the most iportant thing is : Be yourself, be prepared, be open and structured

Interview Questions

• Why Dropbox, why this role, why now?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time ... type of questions   Answer Question
    • Questions around the product/competitors   1 Answer