Duke Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.8

Engineering Technologist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainfield, IN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Plainfield, IN) in July 2017.

Interview

Quick "Do not reply" email with location, time and names of interviewers. Interviewed by 3 people in the department from all over the state. Each person asked 2 HR questions.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very bland, what would/did you do in this situation(s). Give an example of _________.

They were simple enough questions, however thinking of 6 similar scenarios off the top of my head was not as easy as it sounds.

It would have been better for myself to visually see the question, instead of them read it out loud to me. I process things through visuals and not hearing generally. I had to ask them a few times to repeat the question, as they were often so long you forgot what the first part entailed. The hardest part was trying to think of the scenarios asap.

My 6 questions only lasted 15 min.   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

Typical STAR interview questions were asked and it was pretty laid back. The interviewees were very nice. The interview was only 45 minutes and was all based on prepared STAR questions.

IT Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

The interviewers made me really comfortable, which could be a good or a bad thing. A good thing if you tend to get nervous, but you can get the impression that you did more well than you actually did.

Interview Questions

• How do you navigate working with those that don't pull their weight?   Answer Question

Office Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview

The company conducts panel interviews, usually the hiring manager, a nonunion employee and an HR business partner. They take turns asking questions and everyone takes notes on your response. During most of the interview, the panel does not give eye contact since they will either be writing or typing.

Interview Questions

• The questions are behavior based.   1 Answer

The pay relative to my current pay was less than favorable.

IT Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview day lasted from 830am-1230pm. You start out in a conference room with other people being interviewed and some current IT Associates and IT Managers. Half of the people being interviewed will go to their certain rooms at about 9 while the other half sit in the conference room and then get a tour around one of the floors. While sitting there it's just holding a conversation with everyone in the room and talking. It was not hard at all just normal talking. After about an hour of that, the second group goes to be interviewed while the ones that were interviewed hangout in conference room and talk. There are two people that interview you and nothing real technical, everything is behavioral. After the interview, everyone even the ones giving the interview, meet in a conference room to have a catered lunch. This is where the people who you haven't talked to yet, you will have a chance to talk to. Very formal and fun time while having lunch and learning about them and the company. I put I did not receive offer because I have not got that far yet. They take about a week or 2 to get back to you.

Change Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

2 person interview. They use the star answer approach. Make sure to use star when discussing your work history and tie it strategically to the job description. Make sure you address each task on the job description when talking about your work experience. Star stands for situation, task, actions and results.

Interview Questions

• Are Hulu willing to work ot?   1 Answer

HR analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager first, who made the interview process very comfortable. She was clear and precise about the expectations and goals for the role. Afterwards, I was introduced to a few of the team members, which helped me to better understand the bigger picture of the process and how they functioned as a team.

Interview Questions

• Explain why you are a fit for the role and what steps would you take to become successful?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager met me downstairs in the lobby, and had interview questions prepared that related to the type of work I would be performing. He asked about different scenarios I have been in, and the different types of deliverables I have created. Outside of the predetermined questions the interview was very conversational.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult problem I had to solve   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Columbus, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and someone called to set up the telephone screening. I called in but they had to bump me for 15 minutes as they ran over with another candidate. When I was able to get through for the screening, they explained the role of the paralegal and how it interacts with the other locations.

Interview Questions

• What achievement about which are you most proud and why.   1 Answer

Information Technology Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview

Applied for position and was immediately followed up with a recruiter. They wanted a copy of my transcript which I was happy to give. A week went by and I contacted my recruiter and received no response. After a month and many more failed attempts to get in touch with the recruiter I had forgotten about the position. Fast forward 4 months later and I am just now receiving a "thanks, but no thanks" email.