KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Duke Energy Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 302 of over 302 interviews

Employee Referral8%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Duke Energy

Application

I interviewed at Duke Energy

Interview

Panel interview that included the hiring manager and two senior employees in the same department. Round robin style questions that were read from a predetermined script. The whole process took about an hour to complete.

Interview Questions
  • Is diversity important to you. Why or why not?
    Answer Question

Duke Energy

Application

I interviewed at Duke Energy

Interview

Very straightforward, good communication, a few rounds. Communicate with a hiring manager who sets it up and several program managers who conducted the interviews. Virtual was an option. You get a chance to ask questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Duke Energy

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy

Interview

It is a Panel interview made up of at least 3 people: hiring manager, an administrative role, and supervisor. All questions and answers are based on the STAR Method. You’re rated on how well you can give a good example from each question they ask.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Duke Energy

Application

I interviewed at Duke Energy

Interview

I was called out of the blue and asked for a time the same week. The caller was somewhat rude and rushing me. They wanted to do an hour timeslot panel interview with the team. I declined because I didn’t want to waste my time without knowing many preliminaries not available in the job req. Next time Duke, please have someone that can answer questions do the scheduling OR allow a quick preliminary call with HR or hiring manager instead of jumping into a stressful 1 hr technical screen.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Duke Energy

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy

Interview

Easy interview. It was your typical situational questions. Don't overthink it. A good idea would be to take a look at their website and go over the job's duties and description.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Duke Energy

Application

I interviewed at Duke Energy

Interview

About an hour long phone call describing job. Asks a few situational questions about your behavior in past jobs and decisions you made. Fast interview process, had an answer within a week.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Duke Energy

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy in May 2022

Interview

It was a 3 round interview. I only made it through the first round. The initial interview was a peer interview. They were very nice. Although I hadn’t had an interview in years. Most of the questions were basic and conversation.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Duke Energy

Application

I interviewed at Duke Energy

Interview

Very thorough and good questions. Panel of interviewers made me at ease and asked very specific and relevant questions. Each of the 4 interviewers asked 2 questions each. At the end there was the opportunity to expand on anything question related, resume related and you could ask questions of your own.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC)

Interview

Asked very common behavioral interview questions. It lasted about an hour and was fully virtual. Honestly wasn’t too bad compared to other interviews with other companies. Took them 3 weeks of no contact to get back to me.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you had a difficult coworker and how you resolved the situation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Orlando, FL) in Mar 2022

Interview

STAR process is unnecessary. Makes it difficult for you to have a good Interview. Engineers and Quality control workers conduct the interview which isn’t fair in my opinion. Would’ve been nice if line supervisor or people who actually work In the field conducted the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you seen a safety hazard . Answer using STAR method.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 302 Interviews

Duke Energy Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Duke Energy as 72.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.82 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Customer Service Representative and Engineer I rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Customer Care Specialist and Engineering Co-Op roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Duke Energy takes an average of 38 days when considering 338 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Engineering Co-Op had the quickest hiring process (on average 13 days), whereas Customer Service Representative roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 29 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Duke Energy according to 338 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 21.95%