Duke Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Duke Energy Interview Questions

Interviews at Duke Energy

2.8

Communications Consultant Interview

Interview

Recruiting coordinator arranged 20 minute phone interview with the hiring manager, who provided more details about the position and business unit and asked questions about background, skill set, why I was interested in the role.

Nuclear Instrumentation Electrical Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview was very formal, they asked me a lot of personality questions as well as technical questions. I was really impressed at how they followed the interview protocol to the T..

Interview Questions

• Name a situation when someone you were working with wasn’t holding their weight   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

It was one interview with my eventual manager and it was mostly behavioral questions. Then they moved on to some specific experiences on my resume, particular AWS. We also chatted about a different team than the one I actually interviewed for because it fit my experience better so that was really nice.

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in August 2019.

Interview

I applied on their company website. It took about two weeks for my application to go from received to pending review. Once it was pending review I received an email from HR to schedule a phone interview with the Hiring manager and two other team members. Phone interview was scheduled for 30 minutes but I was on the phone with them for over an hour. I took this as a good sign. I got an invite from HR for an in-person interview within two days of the phone interview. They gave me several options on day and time to interview. The hiring manager started out with the STAR behavioral questions-5 of them and then asked some specifics about my technical knowledge. The interview was laid back and I felt really comfortable in the interview. Make sure you brush up on answering the STAR questions. Also listen for hints that they want you during the conversations. I was offered a position 3 working days after the interview. The hiring manager personally called me.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

GIS Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy in August 2019.

Interview

I first applied to the job via LinkedIn, which was posted by a staffing company since it was a contract position. The staffing company reached out to me and then submitted my application to Duke. I was given a phone interview with one of the supervisors from Duke. A few days later I received an offer. I didn't have to do an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe your accomplishments in your previous position.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview

It was a brief interview. I had previous experience with the employer so the interview was just a formality. It is a professional company. I recommend dressing appropriately for the position desired.

Interview Questions

• I had previous experience with the company so there were no questions.   Answer Question

Engineer I Or II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edwardsport, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Edwardsport, IN) in May 2019.

Interview

An on site two person panel interview. It took one hours in-person. Overall it was mostly about behavioral questions and project experiences. Got notified about the decision three weeks later.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview

Applied online and it took 2 weeks or 3 for them to get back to me for an in-person interview. During the interview process, I mostly got STAR Questions that related to me leadership skills and some technical questions that was related to material science and machine design.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with pressure or stressful situations?   1 Answer

Senior Field Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke Energy in March 2019.

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter followed by a more in depth interview with hiring manager. Standard interview with few questions on my background and a detailed description of job expectations. I was informed that they would make a decision in a short amount of time and would advise me whether or not I was selected. That was the last communication from them. Ghosted....

Interview Questions

• Standard background questions and what makes you a good fit question   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview

Phone interview. Simple interview and professional HR personnel. Later received an email with instructions for completing background check and prehire tasks. Overall process was not long at all, the emailed instructions were very clear and precise to follow.

Interview Questions

• Describe any customer service experience?   1 Answer