Duke Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2018

2.8

Sort:

Contracts Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview

HR/recruiting was good and timely regarding communication. I was told I'd interview with the hiring manager but walked into a room of 3 total people. The interview was 3 parts. Talk about yourself, answer 9 predetermined questions, and then ask any questions. Everyone was very nice. I was told they'd be interviewing a lot of people, which is what I read for other interviews on this site about the company.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Columbus, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and someone called to set up the telephone screening. I called in but they had to bump me for 15 minutes as they ran over with another candidate. When I was able to get through for the screening, they explained the role of the paralegal and how it interacts with the other locations.

Interview Questions

• What achievement about which are you most proud and why.   1 Answer

Associate IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview

I was called for an interview, it went well, basic questions about duties at my current job.

Lead Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Tampa, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by company HR rep roughly 3 weeks later. We set up a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager on a friday. The following monday I was asked to fly out for an on-site interview. The on-site occurred a week later. After the on-site I was informed I'd hear back on their decision within a few days. To this date I have not heard back from the company (3 weeks later).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were involved in a project or event that was not part of your normal duties/responsibilities.   Answer Question
    • How do you keep up with industry changes and NERC standard changes?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you took the initiative to take on a project.   Answer Question

Change Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

2 person interview. They use the star answer approach. Make sure to use star when discussing your work history and tie it strategically to the job description. Make sure you address each task on the job description when talking about your work experience. Star stands for situation, task, actions and results.

Interview Questions

• Are Hulu willing to work ot?   1 Answer

CCP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application online and received an email and call a few weeks later to set up a 2-hour interview.
    They accommodated all travel expenses and I met directly with the supervisor for the position. He took me up to his office and told me about the company's WBS and about his background and the position. Then we went over my resume and discussed any questions I had. The interview was about 45 minutes long.

College Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview

They prefer to do in person interviews but my was a phone interview because I was out of town. They asked the standard interview questions like greatest strengths, weaknesses, why I chose electrical engineering.

Interview Questions

• A time you had a leadership position and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Co-op rates are set at a corporate level.

College Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clemson, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Clemson, SC) in September 2010.

Interview

The interview didn't take very long as it was an on campus interview at Clemson University. The interview went well and I appeared to connect to the interviewer and the appeared to like my answers. However, Duke Energy was very slow in the hiring process and I did not hear back for a couple months after the interview.

Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview

Takes forever to hear anything, but well worth the wait I'm sure. Took probably 6 weeks to get an email to go for the MASS testing. Study for this one, you're gonna need it. Also, study wiring diagrams and get good at tracing them quickly. The physical abilities testing came afterwards, if you can wipe your own butt you can pass this portion of the test. After that I was close to 2 months before hearing anything on the interview. Interview was very straight forward with an emphasis on safety.

Applications Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in April 2010.

Interview

Had an interview with the hiring manager for an application support position. Overall, there was some technical questions and some personality type questions. The technical questions were more like "do you have experience with x" vs "how would you solve x". Overall, the interviewer was very professional, and positive about the experience.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with SQL server (i.e. Installing, writing queries, etc.)?   Answer Question

realized that the job was lower level then I had gathered from the emails beforehand.