Duke Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Duke Energy Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2018

2.8

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview

Applied online, was invited to come in person after about 3 weeks. 45 minute interview with a panel of 3. Straightforward behavioral questions. Left 10 minutes for me to asked them question. Received offer a less than a week after

Interview Questions

• Tell us about time management tools you use in everyday life.   Answer Question

Senior Fuels and Fleet Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received an email requesting an interview. I responded to the scheduler asking if the scheduling of the interview could be wait until the results of another Duke interview which just took place were known. I received no response from the scheduler. Within five minutes of being rejected for the previously mentioned interview, I was sent a very upbeat overly-happy and blatantly sarcastic email from the scheduler in response to my email, saying that the interview could be rescheduled later with all types of fun exclamation marks and corny sayings.

After a couple of weeks of silence from the scheduler, I sent an email inquiring if the interview could still be set up. I received no response back for a week and then all of a sudden received a very professional email requesting an interview.

When the day came for the interview, the hiring manager emailed me a couple of hours before the interview to reschedule the interview due to another conflict on his end.

Once the interview began the hiring manager made it aware that this would not be an interview that he was only calling me to find out " what's my deal" and " why I have been chasing him down for an interview". He is by far the rudest and most unprofessional person I've ever spoken to an employment setting.

During the interview, or investigation, the hiring manager began reading off emails that I had sent the recruiter asking for the interview to be set up.

It was obvious that I was blacklisted from human resources on the hand-off to the hiring manager and nothing I could have said would have been adequate or appropriate to this hiring manager.

The major takeaway here as if you do want to work for Duke Energy you have to play by their ridiculously unprofessional rules. After the interview you cannot ask any questions about the interview and its status. Do not request any update or ask any questions. If you request an update or ask questions you will be given a push-off answer and then you get put on a blacklist. You must interview, walk away and say nothing ever. That's the Duke way.

IT Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Friendly people, cool process, got to meet with Managers of plenty of different teams (instead of just interviewing with one person or someone from HR). Fun experience. Made me feel welcome and at home. Also gave me much better insight into the company and work than I normally get in interviews, which helped me make my decision.

Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in March 2018.

Interview

Great Interviews! Good look into the culture of the company! Fun and very informative interviews.
    I even got to do an offsite interview. I found this as a very different approach. I felt like where I was going career wise could be implemented in this department and company.

Interview Questions

• How can what you've done impact our business unit?   1 Answer

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Interview

The interview process was actually very relaxed. Three company representatives with their laptops asked me 2-3 questions each. All three were friendly and it made for a very comfortable environment. Hoping to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a difficult customer you had to deal with, and what how the situation was resolved   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duke Energy (West Lafayette, IN) in February 2018.

Interview

I automatically got an interview online through my university, and I met with them at a career fair before the interview. The interview had two guys I'd be working with and covered basic questions that you'd expect.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you struggled to learn something? What did you do?   Answer Question

Real Estate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview

Company representatives were friendly, professional, and knowledgeable about their hiring process. They were very proficient in noticing my enthusiasm regarding a potential internship with Duke. The amount of time elapsed between application, response, and phone/panel interviews was only weeks (month or so). On another note, the process was carried out far in advanced for the summer internship it regarded (application and hiring in fall months of year before).

Interview Questions

• What was one time you independently solved a problem in your previous place of work?   1 Answer

IT Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied for the job in early December and got an email asking for an interview a couple weeks later for mid January.

The interview went extremely well. It started out in a group setting where we just talked with each other. After that, they split off the group into 1-on-1 interviews, while the rest would tour the building with those waiting for or were done with their interviews. We also had the opportunity to talk with current IT Associates to interact with them and ask questions about their position.

The actual interview was with 2 managers. It was extremely laid back and comfortable. They asked the standard interview questions relating to things like history of experience and team skills. I can’t remember many of the questions, but I’ll put the one I had trouble with in the Questions section. Overall, there were no technical questions unless I brought up something technical from my resume. The biggest tip I have is to maximize your experience that relates to the various rotations while being eager to learn about the areas you’re not experienced in.

They told us a response would be given within 2 weeks, whether it be an offer or rejection. I received a phone call from the HR representatives a week and a half after the interview, where he offered me the position and outlined the benefits and things of that nature. I received information about the specific rotation a week later.

Overall, the interview was a pleasant experience. Just come to the interview and enjoy the conversations, and things should go well.

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Raleigh, NC) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied on line and got a offer to interview in about 2 weeks. They still haven't gotten back yet with a decision. I liked what I saw and will accept if offered the job

Interview Questions

• Mostly Behavioral Based questions. What did you do when this or that happened . Or tell us about a project you did that made a difference to the company. Those sort of questions   1 Answer

Senior Human Performance Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke Energy in December 2017.

Interview

The Phone interview with the hiring manager and one other team member got off to an uncertain start because HR provided a bad conference call number and gave the hiring manager an interview time 30 minutes before when they instructed me. After having no success calling in to the conference line, the HM called me and asked if we could interview over our personal phones. At this point, we discovered HR gave us 2 different interview times.

The interview felt flawless. The HM was telling me why Duke Energy was such a great place to work at, and about all the upward potential with this role. It was much more conversational than interview like. The HM told me he wanted to meet in person for a follow up ASAP, and I felt very confident moving forward.

Then, all of the sudden things got weird. After receiving awesome feedback about the interview from the recruiter, the HM and HR went dark. The holidays came and passed, with no word on the follow up. When I inquired, no one seem to know anything. Finally, after 5 weeks of not hearing anything back, I reached out to the recruiter one more time, who only stated “a hiring decision has been made...thank you for your interest.”

Overall, from scheduling, to misleading information from the hiring manager, to no follow up or care by anyone at the company, it really left a bad taste in my mouth. From a large organization like Duke, I would have expected much more professionalism from all involved. Pretty classless in my opinion.