Duke Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 13, 2018

2.8

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

Panel of three, management, leadership and one developing interview skills. Large conference room, you could tell the panel worked closely together, it seemed like a very easy skills test and a relaxed interview where they gave you plenty of opportunities to brag about yourself with your answers.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where I had made a mistake and how I handled the solution and what the outcome was.   Answer Question

Contingent Worker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview

A contingent worker interview is much more casual than a permanent full-time employee interview (I've done both). Both are very situational. Focus on Duke's leadership imperatives. SMART- Situation/Task you were presented, Action you took, Result of your actions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you led a group to reach a common goal.   1 Answer
    • Name a time you successfully dealt with conflict.   1 Answer

Infrastructure Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

split into two parts, one part was a sit down question style interview, the other part was lunch and more of getting to know personality. consisted of two managers and a director.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

asked what did i know about duke? then ask regular interview questions and took notes as i spoke. maybe about 9 questions nothing too hard. then told me about the company and position, and asked if i had questions. i put no offer because i just interviewed a couple days ago and was told i’d hear something in two weeks. pretty good interview so i’m confident that i got the position.

Interview Questions

• name a time when you witness someone do something wrongfully and what did you do.   Answer Question

Bilingual Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

My interview was great. They did not make me feel pressured and they were friendly. I wasn't too long. My interview dis take about 30 minutes and I had two people ask me questions. After that they explained the benefits of the job and answered any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• Recall the time were encountered a conflict with a customer and how it was resolved?   Answer Question

Interview

Was no interview. Knew me from past jobs. I met with a supervisor who knew me from a previous job and I was hired by him for the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview

Met college recruiter at career fair, 5 weeks later got an interview request. 30 minute phone interview was laid back and easy. Young interviewers. Got a call around a week later with an offer.

Legal Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

I appreciated that Duke Energy communicated with me throughout the interview process. It's the worst when a potential employer does not notify you regarding whether or not they will be moving forward with you, but DE did.

Lead Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Tampa, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by company HR rep roughly 3 weeks later. We set up a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager on a friday. The following monday I was asked to fly out for an on-site interview. The on-site occurred a week later. After the on-site I was informed I'd hear back on their decision within a few days. To this date I have not heard back from the company (3 weeks later).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were involved in a project or event that was not part of your normal duties/responsibilities.   Answer Question
    • How do you keep up with industry changes and NERC standard changes?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you took the initiative to take on a project.   Answer Question

Transmission Engineering Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Duke Energy in September 2017.

Interview

Applied during campus career fair. Got an email for on campus interview few days later.
    Interview was held by an HR personnel and an engineer. Most interview questions are pretty general and some were related to college experience (went through your resume, previous work experience, why engineering?, why Duke Energy?), nothing technical.

Got an offer approx. a month after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition to "efficiency"?   Answer Question
    • Name a challenge you faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • What is the most challenging class you've taken? How did you overcome it?   Answer Question