Duke Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Duke Energy Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2017

2.8

Information Technology Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview

Applied for position and was immediately followed up with a recruiter. They wanted a copy of my transcript which I was happy to give. A week went by and I contacted my recruiter and received no response. After a month and many more failed attempts to get in touch with the recruiter I had forgotten about the position. Fast forward 4 months later and I am just now receiving a "thanks, but no thanks" email.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Lake Mary, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied on 11/28/16 and went in for a interview on 12/12/16, I sat down with the hiring manager and one of the team leads. The interview overall was about the job position and requirements, along with behavioral questions and previous job occupations. Its been over 2 weeks and I still haven't heard anything back.

Mainframe Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Raleigh, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

I went through all my previous jobs that I had worked as a Mainframe Application and explained my experience using all the pertinent software and tools which were the same as the job interview was for at Duke Energy. It was easy for the interviewers to relate to my past experience with the job I was applying for

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know what I had worked with in my past work experiences and how I used the various software tools and languages in relation to the job I was being interviewed for.   Answer Question

I had a family emergency and could not relocate there at this time.

EHS Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Phone interview discussing skills and qualifications and how they pertained to the position. A brief summary of what work was being done at different sites, what the job duties entailed, working hours, approximate length of projects, followed by a background check and drug screen by a third-party.

Interview Questions

• What were some of your responsibilities on prior job sites?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Concord, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

After I submitted my online app the next day I received an email to take the 3 part assessment. Which was a little hard mainly the 2nd part, two days later I received a emailed informing me I passed the assessment. About 4 weeks later I received a phone call to come in for a face to face interview. I was interviewed by two managers, which lasted about 45min and About 3 weeks later I received a called phone call and a offer for the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

The process took approximately 3weeks. I appiled online. I received an email for testing couple days later. I got an email advising I passed the test the next day. Then got a request for a formal interview. Interview was very comfortable. I don't interview well so that is saying something. The following week received an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the best/ worst company you have worked for?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Safety Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Ocala, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied on-line and it took 6 weeks to get a phone interview. The interviewer was knowledgeable and explained that they were searching for the perfect fit vs. the perfect candidate. The interview lasted approximately 45 min and was a very informative experience.

CSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Lake Mary, FL).

Interview

Quick, easy, had to take a computer test that was timed and a little difficult but they let you know if you passed immediately. If you pass you pretty much get the job after another formal interview. After formal interview, they call you with in about a week to offer you the job. They immediately let you know about being on call throughout the year.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you calmed an angry customer.   1 Answer

IT Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

This interview was the easiest I have done for a CS job. There were no programming questions at all, which was actually a disappointment since I spent a good 10 hours across two days before the interview brushing up on vocabulary, acronyms, and libraries.The interview was mostly about how I handled some situations, what my interests were, what my long term plan for work was, and to see how polite and well spoken I was. It was more about how I acted and who I was than what I knew.

The interview started with two people talking about my background and the company, which later turned into a nice fancy lunch (they paid for it) with the two interviewers and a manager. I ended up answering a number of questions again for the manager over lunch, but a good amount of it seemed to be them observing how polite I was and how conscious I was about how I ate. I'm a very polite person and since the restaurant was very classy I asked them some questions about proper etiquette in some situations, which seemed to earn me a huge amount of points as I was actively learning and adjusting what I did.

They were very interested in my background in game development, but seemed to be more worried I would leave the company to pursue a career in it. After I explained it was simply a hobby and I had 0 interest in working in that field they began asking how it might help the company to have someone with the skills. I gave some pretty valid explanations on the subject and that also seemed to give some more points.

There was a small phone screen before this interview, but it was only about 15 minutes and your standard "what degree and experience do you have". It seemed more of a way to weed out someone who may have applied to the wrong position by accident.

I feel the interview was TOO easy for the pay they offered, but I feel like they gave me the job because I have a very long resume of open source code contributions so I think they choose candidates that don't need to answer tech questions since they have viewable code.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any situations where you had to work on a project you didn't want to do?   Answer Question
    • Was there a situation where you had to take control of a project for any reason?   Answer Question
    • What do you do for fun?   1 Answer
    • How can your skills be used to better our company?   Answer Question
    • What are your long term plans?   1 Answer

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

I was directly called for interview after job application. Some basic technical questions and STAR questions. There were 2 interviewers and they were really friendly. The interview lasted around 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation needed. They made an offer I couldn't refuse.