Duke Energy Interview Questions

Updated May 7, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 259 of over 259 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Duke Energy

Duke Energy

Application

I interviewed at Duke Energy

Interview

Immediate in person interview with leader of the team, toured around entire office, one on one questioning involving statistical, data analysis, and machine learning concepts. Somewhat basic level of questioning with one interviewer for first round

Interview Questions
  • What is a p value
    Answer Question

Duke Energy

Application

I interviewed at Duke Energy

Interview

Asked very specific technical question that I felt were so specific and unless you had a very good memory would have trouble remembering . Kind of stupid to ask about boiler pH in a boiler. That information is going to be covered in training. So what ask set point questions specific to their plant? Poor interviewer questions in my opinion.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Duke Energy

Application

I interviewed at Duke Energy

Interview

In every interview Duke Energy used the STAR (situation, task, action, and result) technique. Behavioral based interview is primarily the interview set forth by a panel of interviewers. With Covid they have moved the formal interviews to virtual to promote safety.

Interview Questions
  • Give us an example of when you had to work with a difficult vendor. What was the situation and how did you secure a positive resolution?

Duke Energy

Application

I interviewed at Duke Energy

Interview

email from recruiter and phone interview at set time; phone call was no more than 15-20 minutes. Got an offer at the end and was given a schedule to chose from

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Duke Energy

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy

Interview

The interview was not bad at all. Majority was behavioral questions and basically was with multiple managers. First round was with two managers and then all the interviewed students would socialize with all the managers during lunch in another.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in Dec 2020

Interview

For lighthouse team. After 3 one on one interviews the final round involved 3 candidates partaking in ux/UI user problem exercise (typical atm for kids challenge). Long story short. Zero response. Very unprofessional even my recruiter was shocked. Role was reposted

Interview Questions
  • Typical atm for kids problem solving exercise

Duke Energy

Application

I interviewed at Duke Energy

Interview

Straight forward interview going from person to person a total of 4 people interviewed myself and other candidates. Know your resume they ask direct job related questions off of it.

Interview Questions
  • Situation type questions, questions about your resumes they have your resume with them.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Duke Energy (Lake Mary, FL) in Dec 2020

Interview

STAR based interview lasting around 40 minutes. 3 managers rotating asking questions. Last few questions were not STAR related, more career based and job related. Very relaxed and easy going. Only one interview. Received job offer.

Interview Questions
  • Negotiation questions. How would you negotiate with a customer?

Duke Energy

Application

I interviewed at Duke Energy

Interview

Traditional interview style and questions. Behavior and work experience questions. HR friendly and helpful. Clear on what they were looking for in experience and culture. Quick to respond regarding next steps, benefits and how to be successful in their organization.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Duke Energy

Application

I interviewed at Duke Energy

Interview

Definitely more of a behavioral interview. They ask various questions on how you dealt with certain situations. They also ask questions regarding your resume and who/how certain organizations are led.

Interview Questions
  • How did you handle a situation where a teammate or co-worker did not put in the same or right amount of effort.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 259 Interviews