EXL Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2018

2.9

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EXL Service (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

I had 5 interviews which was excessive for an entry level position.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EXL Service.

Interview

It took me almost two weeks to know the interview result. Only one round, met 3 people. First person ask me about my past experience and some basic questions regarding my experience, Second person asked me statistical testings. The last person is a VP and I was asked to explain how I reviewed credit risk models.

Interview Questions

• how to do normality testing?   1 Answer
    • The assumptions of regression model   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EXL Service.

Interview

2 phone interviews with an in-person interview.

Fair warning, they are not willing to pay any fees or cost that the in-person interview requires so it's best if you're local.

Interviewed with a guy who made me wait 2 hours and showed 0 interest in the interview before it even began.

Another interviewer took me to lunch, and was telling me how these glassdoor reviews are fairly accurate and it's a terrible place to work at. (RED FLAG)

Interview Questions

• Some of the most ridiculous brain teasers I've ever heard.   Answer Question

Statistical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EXL Service.

Interview

Applied through on campus recruitment. First round general resume questions, one brain teaser, one case study. The interviewer was very knowledgeable and we had a very nice conversation of different approaches to the case. Second round general resume questions, 2 brain teasers, and two case studies.

Interview Questions

• Find the threshold of breaking an egg of a 100 storeys building given two eggs   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EXL Service.

Interview

First, interviewer tell about the firm and the work that's done in his team/role. And then moves on the ask about the interview. However, I would say most part of the interview was about asking problem solving, case-like questions. Of course, there was the general tell me about yourself, etc., but I felt that was not too much focused. The questions included asking about finding the probability for different combination of things.

Interview Questions

• Basic probability, simple programming/coding question, and a few business case questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EXL Service (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The recruitment process was a two step process:
    1. Telephone screen: Interviewer asked questions based on the qualifications and skills mentioned on my resume. There were also a few fit/personality based questions. These were followed by a short case study. The interview lasted for about 45 minutes.
    2. On-site interview: The second and final round lasted over an hour, and I interacted with a panel comprising 2 persons. I was asked to analyze a couple of cases, a few probability questions and a brainteaser. The interviewers also inquired about certain points on my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EXL Service (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

pass the phone interview, failed the onsite. I would like to talk about the onsite. All are indians, their english is sometimes hard to understand, but that's not the problem. The problem is the guy who interviewed me is especially sarcastic, I have get the answer to his case, but he required more. And he kept on give a indefatigable attitude to me. NOT EVEN SHAKE HAND WITH ME BEFORE AND AFTER THE INTERVIEW. I will recommend no one to this company.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EXL Service (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

First round was a 45min phone interview, and were asked about resume related questions and some brain teasers. The next two rounds were in their Jersey office with two senior consultants. A lot of cases.

Interview Questions

• Resume related questons, why exl, excel and sas related questions   Answer Question

Analytic Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EXL Service.

Interview

I got a phone interview about 45 min - 1 hour. First, introduce myself and some behavior question based on my resume and past experience. Then a brain teaser and a case study.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at EXL Service (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

Got a call through a referral in 2 days. 1st was phone interview. They asked me about my background and why i want to change my job. Some brain teasers and case study. Why EXL? Note: i'm still in the interview process. This was from first round.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between charge card and credit card?   1 Answer
    • How does credit card companies/banks make money? What is the main source of making money?   Answer Question
    • 25 horses. 5 race tracks. Find the fastest 3 horses.   Answer Question
    • How many edges are there in 3D cube, 4D cube and 2D cube?   1 Answer
    • How many people are in the air in the given day in US?   1 Answer