Epic Implementation Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Implementation Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Epic

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process at Epic consisted of 3 parts; the phone interview, competency exams, and on site interview. The interviewers over the phone are not necessarily from HR; they are current job incumbents for the role you're applying to. Consequently, they are not formally trained on giving interviews but they can tell you a lot about the job if you have questions. Interviewers for the Implementation Project Manager position tend to be young and sociable, so if you're able to make a personal connection (even if it's not related to the position), they'll likely recommend you for an onsite interview because they thought you were socially competent. The competency exams will quiz you for general intelligence as well as other traits like resiliency and logistical processing. If you don't score well on the exams, you likely won't be invited onsite (even with the recommendation of the phone interviewer). If you are invited on site, you'll spend a full day onsite. Epic will fly you to the campus and put you in a hotel/provide transportation. The interview day starts off with a demonstration of Epic's software with time for you to ask questions. After the presentation, you are interviewed in a small group (5-10 folks). After the group interview, you are taken on a tour of the campus and then fed lunch. After lunch, you're asked to give a presentation on any topic of your choice. An HR representative will give you more specifics on the interview when coordinating your onsite interview. Lastly, you're interviewed 1:1 with another employee. The day ends with an interview with an HR employee who goes through some logistical questions (when could you start, would you need reimbursement to relocate, etc.). Throughout this entire day, Epic will sell you to work there. The campus is impressive and the interviewers are endlessly attractive, positive, and very smart. I flew home incredibly excited to work at Epic. When deciding whether to work at Epic or not, just remember that Epic has a very strong reputation of bringing in young talent, working them until they are burned out, and continuing to add to the workload until they've had enough and decide that the lure of a taxed sabbatical is no longer worth it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic

Implementation Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic in January 2014.

Interview

I received an e-mail requesting a phone interview. The phone interviewer asked random and weird questions like my SAT and GRE scores. I was then told I was going to take a skills assessment, which involved an analytical section and coding sections.

Interview Questions

• You were painting the outside of a house. After you finished, you realized you forgot something, of which you needed 600. You went to the hardware store to pick up these three things. What are they?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI) in February 2013.

Interview

The hiring process involved a personality assessment, a phone screening, and a full day of interviews, presentations, and competency exams at Epic's campus in Verona, WI. Overall the process took about two weeks from start to finish once I heard back regarding my application. The interviews and competency exams were challenging, but the people involved were very welcoming and I felt comfortable in the environment immediately.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle several specific case scenarios regarding unexpected challenges I might experience over the course of an install.   Answer Question

Implementation Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic in June 2015.

Interview

It went pretty quickly after I submitted my application. They called to set up a phone interview day/time with me and after I did that I also had to complete an online test with a virtual proctor, as well as a personality test. It's a very thorough process to determine if you are worthy of an in person interview, but the phone interview is pretty basic and full of general interview questions. They are basically the google of healthcare IT so they don't just want someone qualified, they want someone extremely creative, analytical and willing to push themselves. You've got to have the personality to go with all of this as well.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in January 2013.

Interview

A very full day of interviews consisting of multiple 1:1s, computer assessment tests, scenario based problem solving, and a 10 minute presentation on the topic of your choice.

Overall, everyone was very nice and enthusiastic about the company and the position which was nice. The day became very long though.

Interview Questions

• Variety of questions on how to handle leadership and management scenarios.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in June 2011.

Interview

After the online application, personality tests and a phone interview, I came in for a full day interview because I live locally. The day included a tour, meeting with people in the role, having lunch with someone in the role, presenting on a topic of your choice, taking a few aptitude exams and seeing a demo of the system.

Implementation Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through a school job board. Within 2 weeks I was asked to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty basic and a casual 30 minute interview with a current PM. Next you had to take a skills assessment test, wich tested speed, accuracy, and comprehension in reading, logic, math, and code. It took around 2 hours and was definitely the deal breaker for me.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years? Why Epic? How did you choose your degree? Did you take a gap year? What are the 3 main criteria for accepting a job? When is your ideal start date.   Answer Question

Implementation Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

Online application, 30 minute phone call, followed by a series of online tests related to computer programming. Not being a computer background, the online testing was extremely difficult and certainly the reason why I did not progress in the process. Good experience overall tho - nice and easy interview. Online testing was tedious, took a very long time and the virtual test monitoring was easy to set up.

Interview Questions

• What is your interest in healthcare work? Where do you see yourself in 5 years, 10 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI) in March 2014.

Interview

Full day of interviews with multiple people. Short case study on the computer. Short presentation to small group. The night before some employees took the interviewees out to dinner so that was a good time. The campus is big and expensive and fancy.

Interview Questions

• Are you a detail oriented or big picture person?   1 Answer

Implementation/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI) in February 2010.

Interview

I have only interviewed once with them and am going to a second interview later this week. The first interview was on campus and was very relaxed; I was asked for my SAT score and my major GPAs...which was kind of weird, but I guess they weren't bad enough to rule me out. Before this interview I also took a Rembrandt personality test, which was also weird but interesting.