Epic Problem Solver/Technical Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Problem Solver/Technical Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Epic

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Epic (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2011.

Interview

The interviewer asked about general questions about my back ground, most challenged project you worked on and etc. Like most interview questions others posted. Felt I did ok.
Then a rejection email 2 weeks later..

Interview Questions

• most challenged project you worked on   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Epic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI) in June 2011.

Interview

A couple of days after I applied online, I got an email asking me to take a personality test (also online). Several days later an HR rep contacted me saying that they were interested in conducting a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and it was a basic check of my resume, including ACT/GRE scores. It was apparent that the interviewer was told not to allow the conversation to go over 30 minutes. About a week later I was contacted by a different HR rep saying that they wanted to bring me in for an on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of a tour, software overview, meeting with an employee in the position I was interviewing for, a situational interview, lunch/tour, a one-on-one interview with a recrutier, and then finally a math, verbal, and programming test. The on-site interview went from 10am to 3:30pm. I am still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• What is one positive and one negative thing each of your references would say about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in December 2010.

Interview

1. Phone interview: Just verified everything on my resume
    2. On-site interview: Math skills test, Logic test, wrap up with HR

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied through my university's career center website. Several days later I received an email thanking me for my application and inquiring as to my availability for a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of standard questions about my experience/what I wanted in a career. Even after over 30 minutes of back and forth questions, I am still unclear as to what exactly the position entails. The interviewer ended by saying that I seemed like a perfect fit for Epic but he had to go through HR and I would hear back shortly. I received an email a week or two later telling me that they had decided to move forward with other applicants.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to take a computer programming assessment?   1 Answer

Problem Solver/Technical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

Was approached at a career fair and was called for an interview 2 days later. The interview was basic, just a discussion of your background, etc. Received an email the next day to take an online assessment. Took the assessment yesterday, it was about 2 hours long. I have serious reservations about a company that uses a intelligence assessment online for someone with a PhD. I am now waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

I don't like the vibe I get.. sounds like everyone is just running around putting out one fire after the next, poorly planned and run in large part by people too young to manage a group of people.

Problem Solver/Technical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

Phone interview, didn't get the invite to visit the campus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in November 2012.

Interview

Submitted application through school career website. Went through a casual 30 minute phone interview, then invited to interview on-site. Spent the day talking to employees, touring the campus (pretty nice), doing a case study, taking assessment tests, and enjoying the city of Madison. Assessment tests take a total of about 3 hours while case study is about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize multiple clients with pressing issues?   Answer Question

Really nice people, young environment, and decent pay but not the field for me.

Problem Solver/Technical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic in February 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a HR person through email first. Then filled out online application. I was scheduled a phone interview 2 days after applied. Really enjoyed the conversation. Then there was a Skill Assessments test, which includes the English, math, and programming portion.

Interview Questions

• They told me all questions in Skill Assessments are SAT like, but the math is def harder than on the SAT.   Answer Question

Problem Solver/Technical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

Applied online and got called for a phone interview a few days later. Interview was with a person who actually does the job and not some random HR rep so that was a plus. Interview went for about 45 minutes and the person seemed pretty knowledgeable about the company (culture & purpose) and the job itself (it was his 5th year).

Problem Solver/Technical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Epic in February 2013.

Interview

An Epic recruiter contacted me after finding my resume online. I applied and was quickly told I'd receive a phone interview. I accepted and gave a list of times I was available, and they told me I'd be interviewed on Monday. Monday came and went, they never called. They emailed me again on Tuesday to tell me I was now scheduled for Wednesday (no acknowledgment that they missed the first interview), so I figured I'd just roll with it. Wednesday's time came and went as well with no call. Not sure if this will help anyone, but if they neglect to call you, you're not alone.