Epic Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview Questions

Interviews at Epic

2.7

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, got a standard phone interview, took assessments test. A few days later go the invite for on-site interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

Their process was quite thorough with a personality test as well as a skills test online. The interview on site included another skills test, a presentation, a one on one interview and then a couple get-to-know-you interviews with a couple applicants (for different jobs). The HR team gets back fairly fast regarding any questions. My biggest concern was the work-life balance, which all of the interviewers danced around.

Interview Questions

• There were a couple brain teasers involved in the skills test. Some interview reviews list them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Their offer was "[their] best possible offer".

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Interview

Talked to some reps at a university career fair, and applied for the position based on my conversation with them. After an initial phone interview, I had to take a skills exam that was about 2.5 hours long. I was later asked to interview on-site and it really didn't feel like an interview at all, but I thoroughly enjoyed my visit!

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

Applied through university recruiting. Within a couple weeks was contacted for a phone interview. This was very informational, conversational, and I've heard they (like most companies) are mostly interested in the questions you ask them and that you demonstrate legitimate interest. Within a few days following the phone interview, was asked to take a skills assessment. It took nearly 3 hours, so not my favorite, but it was problem solving in the area that I like so it wasn't terrible. A few days after I took the skills assessment I was invited on site. My onsite interview lasted from about 10 til 2. It was mostly fun stuff, with a technical case study interview thing and an HR wrap-up/interview. The campus was beautiful, the employees were friendly, the food was fabulous.

Interview Questions

• If you were given multiple offers, how would you decide between them? (unexpected)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate because this was actually my only offer, but I've heard Epic doesn't really negotiate.

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for a phone interview a week later. Phone interview went really well and was asked to answer the candidate profile questions and take a skills test. While taking the skills test, I realized that I wasn't the type of person who wanted to sit in front of a computer and program all day for 40-60 hours/week. Was told later that they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Read over resume and asked to elaborate on certain skills.   Answer Question

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic in February 2014.

Interview

Interview process in 3 steps. Sent in resume, was contacted within 1 day about a phone interview which happened within the next week. Phone interview was simple question just figuring out why interested in this position. Few days later was asked to take the online assessment with ProctorU. This was testing mathematical reasoning, logic and programming skills. This was pretty easy, but I have no programming experience, so left that bit blank. Following week was asked about scheduling an onsite interview and was flown out about a week after that. The interview day consisted of a bunch of meetings either small groups or one on ones and more assessments on the computer. Specifically verbal reasoning, programming and a case study. The day flowed really well and was actually pretty entertaining.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Cleveland, OH) in November 2013.

Interview

Invited for an initial phone interview. They asked normal questions. The one that caught me off guard was "Where do you see yourself in five years?" (Had a mini-existential crisis mid-interview.) They invited me to take an online assessment, which turned out to be several timed math exercises. It also included a programming section (no prior experience required).

Interview Questions

• The optional section of the programming assessment is rather difficult. If you haven't programmed in a while or are not familiar with Java, C, or C++ I suggest opting out of this section.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI) in January 2014.

Interview

A recruiter from HR contacted me 2 years after I applied for an internship, the semester before I graduated. A phone screen told me about Epic and different positions available. Passing that, I was asked to take an online logic test which took about 2 hours. The travel department arranged to fly me to Madison and have dinner with an Epic employee and other candidates. The next day, all candidates met at HQ for a tour and overview of the company, then we split into smaller groups and individual interviews. I spoke with 2 people working in the position I applied for and had a final HR interview.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 building themes Epic should consider as they expand the campus?   Answer Question

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

Received an email from one of the recruiters saying she had come across my resume online and inviting me to apply to the position, went ahead and did. heard back a week and half later saying they were't interested.

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic in October 2013.

Interview

I initially applied online and was contacted shortly after about taking the online assessments. This was a new experience as it was a proctored test whereby somebody watched me and my screen over webcam. I took the 2 minute Math Blast, Math, Logic (new programming language) as well as the Programming (wrote all in pseudocode).

After this initial assessment, I was contacted for a campus visit. Everything was set up and taken care for including hotel, flights and transportation around Madison. Went to dinner the night before with 2 other candidates and 2 current TS employees. Was an informal information session where we got to ask some questions about the next day, life at Epic and the job.

Spent the day on campus getting an overview of the company, their product, another informational session with a current TS, lunch with a different TS, a case study interviewing asking about how you'd prioritize certain actions, another SAT like Verbal assessment and a discussion with an HR representative. The whole thing was really informal and I left not feeling like I had a good chance to advocate for myself. Was contacted about a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected but come with questions. Lots of them. You'll be talking to a lot of people in similar roles so feel free to recycle them as each person may have a different answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Great starting salary for a recent grad. Look forward to living in Madison.