Epic Technical Writer, Project Manager, Trainer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Technical Writer, Project Manager, Trainer Interview Questions

Technical Writer, Project Manager, Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI) in May 2011.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to take a personality test after a few days. Maybe a week after that, I was invited to participate in a phone interview. It was very casual and easy. About a week later, I got an email asking me to take some assessments with a proctor in my town. This is where the process became kind of long and frustrating. It took a really long time for the materials to reach my proctor, like three or four weeks. I had long since given up on Epic. But I eventually took the writing assessment and was invited to interview in Verona a few days later. It was great to see Madison and to get a look at their campus. It's really really beautiful. The interview day was fun but extremely long. I was up for three different positions and so I met with three different employees who talked about their job for half-an-hour or so, and then I took more paper assessments. Had lunch with an Epic employee in their cafeteria, which was also really impressive. Then I had a one-on-one interview that involved reading about a theoretical situation and then talking about how I would handle it. After that, I gave a twenty-minute presentation to a panel of Epic employees (I think for most positions it's only ten minutes, but you go longer if you're up for a trainer position). And finally, at the tail end of the day, I had a one-on-one interview that was like any other professional interview I've been on. Things to note: you will be up there interviewing along with dozens of other candidates. There were probably 25+ people there the day that I was. Also note: especially if you're up for multiple positions, the day will be long. Even after my final interview I had one last assessment. I was there from 8:30 to 4:50. My interview date was less than a week ago so I'm still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary expectations?   3 Answers