Epsilon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epsilon Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2018

2.7

Associate Account Executive Interview

Interview

I interviewed on campus and everything went well. The questions were very standard and the person I interviewed with had previously been in the associate account executive position. He said that most of the required skills would be learned on the job but I guess there were other candidates that were more appealing

Anonymous Employee in Wakefield, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Wakefield, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied through my university's career portal, and had a first round on-campus interview a few weeks later. The first interview was mostly behavioral. The second round was an on-site interview where I met with five Account Directors for 30 minutes each. The questions were heavily based on past experiences in school, work, etc. that involved working with teams and clients, as well as trying to gauge your interest in the company. The process was quick - exactly one month between my first interview and receiving my offer.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you worked as part of a team where not everyone got along or had the same approach - how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wakefield, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epsilon (Wakefield, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very straightforward interview process, and I heard back within two weeks. First round was a 30 minute behavior interview; second and final round was around two hours, and again were behavioral interviews with about four upper management individuals.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were faced with conflict, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wakefield, MA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Wakefield, MA).

Interview

Phone screen that went over my resume, followed by invite for in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of 5 back-to-back interviews (30min each), which were largely behavioral. I appreciated the opportunity to ask questions and learn a lot more about Epsilon too. Everyone was super friendly, and HR was very helpful in understanding where I was in the process.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epsilon (Dallas, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

One on campus interview with 2 employees at the same time.
    One interview at HQ with 5 employees, one person at a time.
    very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Wakefield, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a brief panel discussion with Associate Account Executives currently in the role. From there candidates were divided into individual interview rooms and met with a varied of different account executives and managers. Very discussion based interview process and laid back.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epsilon in November 2012.

Interview

Campus recruitment process was early in the hiring process compared to many other marketing companies. Recruiters lagged a little in communication but ultimately provided detailed responses about the process if anyone had any questions. Multiple rounds including an on-campus interview and then at the headquarters interview with multiple mid-level managers discussing the company and your qualifications. Overall a pleasant process with offers being sent out before christmas.

Associate Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epsilon.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. They were looking for recent grads so I thought it was a scam. Turns out they're legit. Although the annoying job title is still misleading ... this is a sales job, but it seems like no company is willing to just come out and say that. I guess because who wants to go into sales?

I had a phone interview with someone at HQ since I live out of state from where they were hiring. The phone interview was pretty standard, lasted about 10 minutes, and asked mostly about my experiences on my resume and some behavioral questions. After that, I was surprised to hear that they wanted to fly me out. The phone interview went fine, but it wasn't phenomenal or anything.

So a few days later I was on a plane. It was a little annoying that they scheduled interview so close to when my flight landed as I had to catch a cab and the ride lasted 40 minutes, which ended in me being nearly 10 minutes late. I also didn't have any contact numbers for the people I was actually interviewing with, but fortunately they were understanding.

The interview was panel style, meaning I was at the head of a big intimidating conference table and being grilled by 5 people at once. I prepared quite a bit beforehand using questions from glassdoor and other standard interview questions, which served me well. With a panel style interview, you tend to get that 'good cop/ bad cop' dynamic. I felt like I was able to win some of them over but others remained stony faced and unimpressed. I was easily able to answer questions about my college and internship experiences as well as the really standard interview questions (like greatest strength and greatest weakness, tell me about yourself, why Epsilon, favorite and least favorite courses in college) but some of the 'bad cop' questions caught me for a loop. It turns out they would like to know more about you as a person and I did stutter on those questions. I wasn't expecting to be asked my favorite brands or what my hobbies are. Overall, none of them were very friendly and it was definitely not a relaxed atmosphere (as I have read in some other reviews)

The interview lasted about 30 minutes, which was shorter than the 45 minute allotted time but maybe that was due to my tardiness. I was also told by HQ that they were going to plan a lunch with myself and other recent grad hires from the previous year, but even after mentioning that to my interviewers, they seemed to either know nothing about it or had decided I wasn't worthy of it. Either way, it didn't happen and I ended up with quite a bit of free time to kill before my flight back.

My interview was one month ago and I haven't heard a thing from them since, even after following up and sending thank you cards. I have read on other reviews that this company tends to just go dark on people, which I think is very unprofessional. It isn't difficult to send out generic rejection emails to those you interviewed with in person, especially those who flew in from out of state. I can't say I'm too disappointed though. I asked them almost as many questions as they asked me during the interview and their answers were not satisfactory. Either they couldn't answer or their answers were very telling (ie when I asked them all to tell me what they liked best about working at Epsilon, they looked uncomfortable and struggled to come up with answers. After the first two people struggled through their answers, the rest of them kind of copied answers). All in all, just because you get flown in doesn't mean you got the job and it certainly doesn't mean you'll ever hear from them again in any way. They did cover the pricy plane ticket and some very expensive cab fare though... so their loss.

Also, for a recent college grad like myself, being flown out somewhere for an interview is quite an experience. I've never done a panel style interview either, so I feel that I at least improved my interviewing skills throughout this process.

Interview Questions

• Getting asked about my personal hobbies, my favorite brands (and why), especially after already being asked the "tell me about yourself" question   1 Answer

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Lafayette, CO) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an initial phone call from HR answering basic questions. The next phone call was with the manager of the position. The next step was an in-person interview with a few of the team members. I received a phone call from HR a few days later with an offer. Overall it was a fairly standard interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your work style, do you prefer to work in the office or at home?   Answer Question
    • How do you manage your workload? With 3 requests being asked of you, how will you handle and prioritize those requests?   Answer Question

Associate Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Irving, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

On-campus interview as a get-to-know-you type of deal, and then called back for an on-site interview with 4 different hiring managers. All back-to-back, so 2 hours total. Mostly the same questions, but they try to get a feel of which team you will fit best in.

Interview Questions

Epsilon Response

May 13, 2016 – Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you for your review and congratulations on your new position with Epsilon! We appreciate you detailing your experience from a campus perspective and wish you the best of luck in your career... More