Esri Software Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Esri Software Development Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Esri

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA).

Interview

University Career Fair --> HR Phone Interview --> Technical Phone Interview --> On-Site Interview (Full-day; 5-6 Interviews; Around 1 hr each) . Heard back about the in around 1 week after the entire process got over.

Interview Questions

• HR Phone Interview:- Basic HR Stuff: What kind of workplace would you like to work in; your top qualities; a project you are proud of; Why ESRI?

Technical Phone Interview:- Coding: Implement Fibonacci Sequence, another coding question involving string splitting and dictionary, Frontend: Event-loop (JavaScript), ID vs Class vs Inline Specificity (CSS), ID Selectors (CSS), Closure (JavaScript), ES5 vs ES6, Prototypes (JavaScript), Backend: GET vs POST Request, REST API features (stateless)

On-Site: Talk about your projects; Whiteboard programming: generate a histogram from given data; IIFE (Javascript); Box-Sizing (CSS), String Matching (SQL), Buffer/Intersect/Union/Reclassify Tools (ArcMap), Design a UX for a Restaurant App (that uses Map/ show locations). Why ESRI?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Esri

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Whole process took 2 month. Screened by the HR, very nice lady, asking about general questions and a little about the resume. Forwarded to the team lead and future team members for a further technical interview. The technical interview was about 40 minutes, there were the team leader, lead of production engineer, and the principle software engineer on the phone asking about questions related to different algorithms on the project I did (I sent the code before the interview). Then was the onsite interview. Presentation first (my own AI project), then was interviewed by the principle SDE. Whiteboard interview as you may expected, 5 questions in total, 3 dynamic programming questions. Then conversations about the project they are currently working on. After the interview, another round of interview with the SDE lead and PE lead, asking about ideas on the project and the AI system I built. Back to back interview again by two future teammates, asking about general C++ questions including C++ 11, memory management, ownership, OOP and went very deep into STL.
    Lunch break with future team members. After lunch, back to back interview with 2 more developers asking about C++ questions, STL questions and data structures. Then an interview with the director of software development. Asking about general C++ questions first, then went to the AI system that I presented, and moved to machine learning, asking about SVM and how to choose ML models. Last, an hour's interview with the CTL, asking about goals, perspectives of SD, failures ever had etc.
    Was an 8 hours interview.

Interview Questions

• What data structure under the hood does deque use exactly? Disregarding the push front advantage, why should people use deque?   Answer Question
    • why unordered map can not use pair of int as keys?   1 Answer
    • If you would like to implement a ranged base for loop yourself instead of using c++ 11's built in feature, how could you do it?   Answer Question
    • How to make vectors push_back function as efficient as c arrays ? Why it is slow?   1 Answer
    • If you are going to build a SVM by yourself, describe the logic.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Esri (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2018.

Interview

Really easy asked about previous experiences and what I did in my previous internships and skills I gained. I had four internships before this and I thoroughly explained the languages and technologies I was using, mainly focused on the big projects I had developed on and the impact I had at my previous intenships.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe your experiences at your previous internships or what projects do you work on, and tell me about them.   Answer Question