Esri Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

It’s a long process so make sure you aren’t applying last minute. Mine took 3-4 months, while others had an even longer process. They’re pretty transparent about the process and let you know how many interviews you will have to do.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the future at Esri?   1 Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Esri.

Interview

First round: got a call from HR about background and interest etc.
    Second round: got calls from hiring manager about position, background and experience
    Third round: full day onsite interview with team members mostly about experience and interest

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project that you did   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied online and they had a really quick interview process. Recruiter phone screen, tech phone screen, codepen interview (focused on OOP), onsite (mostly behavioral, a little technical with 1 leetcode interview at the end), tech phone screen with CTO

Incredibly quick interview process. Most delays were caused by my schedule. I had a codepen on Thursday and the next day they called me for an onsite where I flew out on Sunday and had my onsite on Monday. My friend had a much longer process so I think this is team dependent.

Interview Questions

• Anagram, Sodoku solver, design a card game based on war, and why do you want to work for this company   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Esri.

Interview

Everyone was very pleasant. First interviewed with HR (basic questions), followed by two phone interviews with management (spaced several weeks apart). Great questions, seemed to be enthusiasm all around. I actually really enjoyed the interview process, and learned a lot about their company.

However, that interview was several years ago and they are still hiring for the position I originally applied for. I periodically checked over the years since my interview (as I left the whole processed confused by the outcome), and noticed that their postings rarely change. During our discussions it almost seemed as if they were probing me for information, not the other way around. That combined with the fact that in four years they don't seem to have officially hired anyone for that specific position (or for any of the other listings in my city) is odd to me. I wonder if they post specific Account Manager/Sales jobs to find relevant people in the industry and question them about their individual markets. (If you read their IT interviews, too, there seems to be a pattern of digging for information on how to solve specific problems - though not sure if they actually end up hiring anyone for those listings.)

Again, my process was enjoyable in the sense that I truly enjoyed speaking to each person at every level. Everyone was very professional, intelligent, and kind. I am only writing this review to let people know they may want to keep other avenues open, even if it seems like Esri is going to hire them. I spent hours researching the company, for a job I believe never existed. On the bright side, they truly are an interesting company, so at least it wasn't time completely wasted.

Interview Questions

• What do you think this job entails? What do you think your day to day would look like?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Esri.

Interview

Took 2 weeks just to get through the first two interviews. First a 30 minute broader interview (why esri, how would past employers describe you, etc), then an hour technical phone interview with live coding.

Interview Questions

• Asked detailed questions about the sample arcGIS application that I had prepared ahead of time. What does this setting do, etc.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Esri.

Interview

It was a half-hour resume interview via phone call. I interviewed with two people, one, later on, was my manager and the other was a coworker whom I worked very closely with every day. And they got back to me in two weeks with the hiring decision. The process was pretty easy and quick.

QA Automation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Esri in October 2019.

Interview

Applied through ESRI Career portal.
    Process is HR interview followed by 2 Technical rounds and final Onsite interview (8 hours)
    Very slow in communication.Follow up communication from one round to next round was 20 days for me.

The technical phone screen was one hour (Skype for Business) by an ESRI Product Engineer where we will be asked to write program.
    The product engineer has higher expectations.I felt this quite difficult round.

Interview Questions

• Questions about previous experience in testing.
      Blackbox testing, whitebox /unit testing question.   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in careers with ESRI?   Answer Question
    • Questions on OOP Concepts in Java   Answer Question
    • A programming question: First duplicate character in a string, writing SQL query.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Esri (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied for 3 jobs in April 2019. I received a call from ESRI HR in October 2019 saying my PDF resume had "gotten garbled in their system and they just found it". First was an initial 30 minute video interview with an HR consultant who seemed only partly engaged in the call. We discussed all 3 jobs available at the regional office I preferred. Several weeks later I was contacted for an in-person interview. That interview was fairly rote in questions asked and quite casual. We focused on only one position during the interview, and when I inquired about the other two I felt more qualified for, I was told that was a different hiring group and I'd have to go back and start the process again to interview for them. I was not offered the one job, and reached out to HR to proceed with exploring the other 2. It has been 6 months and I've never heard another word from ESRI HR. I see that all 3 positions remain open at that office ...

ESRI was big on asking who I knew that worked there, and personal references seem to be leaned on heavily in their hiring process. I didn't bother to refresh my relationships with ESRI employees and try again. This process was rife with issues and a time sink from the start.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

Received email to schedule a phone interview. The HE rep called as agreed on the time and date specified. We were on the phone for only a few minutes discussing my past work experience. Only made it to the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked basic question on my previous work experience and salary expectation.   1 Answer

Geospatial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Esri (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2019.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR, phone interview with the office you'll be working at, quick phone call about onsite interview, then the onsite interview. I am doing my onsite interview tomorrow so I can't give insight on that yet. The phone interviews went well, the people are very nice and make you feel comfortable. Laid back, low pressure. The first phone call is to talk about the job description and to see if you're still interested, then the second is with the office you'll be working with, in my case 2 people. Both 30 minute conversations. They just want to learn more about you and see what you're interested in so they can see where you can fit in and grow within the company.

Onsite interview is half a day, 7 thirty minute interviews with separate people (all one on one). 2 technical interviews, but no tests or riddles/puzzles.

Senior User Experience Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

Received an invitation for an HR phone screener interview about a week after I applied. Then had 3 subsequent phone interviews with a combination of people on the team as well as team lead over the next month. Then an 8-hr onsite meeting with around 12 different people that included a 1-hr presentation. An intense interview process that lasted about 3 months in total.