Esurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 6, 2017

2.7

Web Optimization Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

This was an automated phone interview. They essentially ask the usual first interview questions, but your responses are recorded for review later. Harder than it sounds to interview without the feedback of a real person.

Interview Questions

• I found the first 3 questions to be very similar: 1) Tell me about yourself, 2) walk me through the last 10 years of work history, 3) describe you work experience that relates to this position.   Answer Question

Property Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Esurance.

Interview

Initial response took a couple weeks and consisted of an email from HR asking some situational type questions. A couple of days after answering those questions I was contacted for a phone screening where the recruiter proceeded to ask even more situational questions with a couple of them being repeated from the initial email. I felt the questions didn't really apply to the role I was applying for and the process was unfriendly and unorganized. After my initial experience and reading glassdoor reviews on the company I have decided this is not the company for me.

Interview Questions

• Star format. Tell me about a time you used investigational skills to solve an issue, a time when you used bad judgment at work, greatest professional achievement, walk me through your typical day..etc   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Esurance.

Interview

I didn't get past their robo-call phone screen system. It was an automated conversation like you would with your bank or insurer or something. Those usually go so well, right? "Press 1 if you ..." I like and perform better when interviews have a conversational tone (with a human being), where I can get a feel for the culture of the company and have a chance to ask questions. Basically, I like feeling like the company is genuinely trying to get to know me and vice versa. But the bright side of not getting a call back is this method helped me figure out the company wasn't a good cultural fit anyway.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Esurance (Greenville, SC) in July 2017.

Interview

check in at security then thru h/r then meet with 2 supervisors in 1 setting. I traveled from Norcross GA and it took 2hrs for arrival. The office was easy to locate and the staff was excellent.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at Esurance in June 2017.

Interview

One of the worst interview experience, conducted interview for five months , called on site, and I don't know what they expect from recent graduate after performing so well . They didn't even reimburse my expense, they only gave mental torture for five months

Interview Questions

• Can't share questions as I signed NDA , they are not a stable company, worst for customers and for interview candidates   Answer Question

Software Engineer - Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter that consists of behavioral questions. Tech screen with an engineer, and if you pass, you'll schedule an onsite interview within a week or so. Expect them to be slow.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interviews with the technical recruiter and the program manager. They flew me down to San Francisco and I spent the day interviewing with various members of the team that I'd be working with. It was overall a very straightforward process.

Interview Questions

• How would I write code to create a selenium test?   1 Answer

Technical Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Long interview process which includes 3 telephone screens followed by an onsite interview which took about a half day. There were four rounds of 30 min onsite screenings. Disappointing interview process.

Interview Questions

• Was asked tons of questions which are irrelevant to my title. I was interviewed for Technical Sourcer position (who is only responsible for creating candidate pipeline) but was interviewed for Sr. Recruiter & developer equivalent title. I have technical knowledge (computer science degree), sourced using various tools like LinkedIn, Dice, Indeed, Angel List. I am an expert in creating active candidate pipeline but still not enough and wants someone who has social media sourcing exposure, which is waste of time and efforts according to my experience. I was always proven successful with my sourcing using various acquisition tools and Boolean search methods. They should have notified me within the first 3 rounds of interviews that I don't have social media sourcing skills, not after an onsite interview.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Esurance (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Average, Good. Relaxed real world questions. No if I where a tree what kind of tree would I be? And why? No dumb personality profile tests. Warm friendly Human Recourses recruiting staff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fair enough.

Principal Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied using company web site. Next day, I got a call from recruiter and few days after was invited for onsite interview. Recruiter is very nice and very professional. All calls/emails and responses were in timely matter. Onsite interview takes all day, lunch was provided. Interviewers were very friendly and well prepared. Interview turned into very interesting discussions, where we were talking about common challenges and how to solve them

Interview Questions

• Come up with a set of test cases to test server side functionalities based on drawn diagram on white board   Answer Question