Esurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Claims Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Esurance (Richardson, TX).

Interview

Went through several interviews in person and over the phone. Conversations were more informal than I experienced with companies in the past. Discussions were strong on culture. Talented leaders in there Claims Senior structure. Seemed to value a mindset geared toward change. Left with a positive impression.

Interview Questions

• Why are you considering leaving your current position?   1 Answer

Esurance Response

Aug 13, 2018

Thank you for sharing your interviewing experience and we're glad to hear it was a positive one. All the best as you continue to pursue your career path!

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was approached by the Manger of the department online and asked if I was interested in speaking with them. interview details and information was provided in a timely manner. upon arrival, I waited for interviewer for 30 minutes. Finally a team member brought me up for interview with them. It is clear that this company doesn't focus on candidate experience.

Interview Questions

• None. The interviewer wasn't prepared, was a contract employee and was asked to interview me at the last minute   Answer Question

Phone Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Esurance (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2013.

Interview

I had an easy phone interview consisting of about 5 to 10 questions, depending on if the manager is an on site manager or not, you may have a face to face interview. My manager did not reside in the same state which is why I had a phone interview

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Talked with lots of folks, good detailed questions regarding knowledge of the audit process and past experience. Lots of interest in how audit areas were reviewed in the past. Got a tour of the office. Meet with Staff in a small group, and met with Audit Director. Seemed to indicate a good life work balance.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Esurance in August 2014.

Interview

3 rounds of interview
    1st HR interview
    2nd Technical phone interview
    3rd in 1:1 person interview with 3 people onsite

HR: Usual stuff. If you are not local, are you willing to relocation to the Sacramento area for this position (some assistance would be provided)?

What are your salary expectations?

Why are you looking for in a new job?

What motivated you to apply for this particular position?

What are your most important strengths and improvement areas?

Technical phone interview
    How does garbage collection work
    Some xml related questions
    Collections -Trees, maps linkedlist, array, etc
    which one to use when, which is faster, etc
    How to use syncronized HashMap

Onsite
    1st Manager: Similar to HR, given a choice between front end and backend which place would be my preference, description of team and work description, etc
    Next 2 technical: dont remember all of them here are most of them

types of ejb
    java basics
    collections
    xml - jaxb and jaxp
    how to marshal/unmarshal and a object with null value using only jaxb api (my guess is for serialization later)
    binary trees - explain and with the given set of numbers balance it

Interview Questions

• how to marshal/unmarshal and a object with null value using only jaxb api only   Answer Question

I may have put myself as a low baller in terms of salary when asked (given it was for position in CA) and got another job offer with better benefits

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Esurance (New York, NY).

Interview

Literally one of the most unprofessional and inexperienced recruiter I have dealt with in my life.

Had a phone call with the recruiter with "10 years" of recruiting experience. However, the recruiter could not differentiate the difference between Node and Node.js

Interview Questions

• You seem to know Node very well, but how well do you know Node.js?   Answer Question

Software Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Esurance in June 2008.

Interview

Received a call within a day of submitting my resume. The first call was with the recruiter who asked general questions about what I was looking for, salary, etc. The next interview was a call with the manager of the team which was more of a technical interview. The third interview was on site with the manager and several other technical folks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current company   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Esurance.

Interview

phone interview, just answer the recruiter's question one by one, did not feel so good. Not too much skills question. Only something about you experience, your plan for future. You software skills

Claims Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Esurance.

Interview

Initial phone screen and then a one on one interview at the office. Very informal, interviewer didn't even bother to wear a collared shirt. A lot of focus on management style and how you use metrics in your management.

Interview Questions

• What would your worst critic say about you?   1 Answer

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Esurance (Madison, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward, got to meet with two managers and the branch manager. Observed a representative for about 10 minutes as well. Mostly behavioral and "standard" interview questions, nothing that was too difficult.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Esurance (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Average, Good. Relaxed real world questions. No if I where a tree what kind of tree would I be? And why? No dumb personality profile tests. Warm friendly Human Recourses recruiting staff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fair enough.