Esurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Esurance Interview Questions

Updated Jan 31, 2018

2.7

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Esurance.

Interview

Applied for position in San Francisco, CA. Phone interview with Hiring Manager. Asked about my experience and why I wanted to be an actuary. Process took about 3 weeks with a self-paced virtual interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Esurance (Ogden, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was called to set up an interview. Received a call on Monday and interview was set for Friday. Was waiting with my phone at the given time and received a phone call 15 minutes late from. She started the interview asking why I applied for this position and then ended the interview shortly after stating that I would not make a good fit as she felt that I would not stay for long period of time. She offered to go into the job description and then let me decide if it was a position for me but I was already turned off at her late phone call and not respecting the time frame that was set up. I declined to take the interview any further.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Esurance (Rocklin, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Standard-HR call, telephonic technical with one coding problem, onsite with 4 interviewers for 4 hours.They came back the next day with an offer. The HR was not competitive as I mentioned I was interviewing at other places too , she wanted me to make a decision ASAP.Except for the HR all other interviewers were awesome but I got a better offer.The HR was not even aware of the company policy for green card and H1b process and could not explain the benefits.

Interview Questions

• My current project, technical coding knowledge, basics of testing methodologies and behavioral and scenario based questions.... all coding questions based on HashMaps.Managers are looking for a cultural fit.   1 Answer

Web Optimization Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

This was an automated phone interview. They essentially ask the usual first interview questions, but your responses are recorded for review later. Harder than it sounds to interview without the feedback of a real person.

Interview Questions

• I found the first 3 questions to be very similar: 1) Tell me about yourself, 2) walk me through the last 10 years of work history, 3) describe you work experience that relates to this position.   Answer Question

Director of Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied for this role and was contacted by the recruiter who was very friendly and professional throughout the process. He then set up a meeting with the CTO/SVP. The CTO was very courteous and gave an overview of the role. However, this was TOTALLY different from the job description!!! I felt it was a complete waste of my time. No wonder this position hasn't been filled in over 6+ months. I didn't get a response after the interview, but I wasn't interested anyway.

Property Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Esurance.

Interview

Initial response took a couple weeks and consisted of an email from HR asking some situational type questions. A couple of days after answering those questions I was contacted for a phone screening where the recruiter proceeded to ask even more situational questions with a couple of them being repeated from the initial email. I felt the questions didn't really apply to the role I was applying for and the process was unfriendly and unorganized. After my initial experience and reading glassdoor reviews on the company I have decided this is not the company for me.

Interview Questions

• Star format. Tell me about a time you used investigational skills to solve an issue, a time when you used bad judgment at work, greatest professional achievement, walk me through your typical day..etc   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Esurance.

Interview

I didn't get past their robo-call phone screen system. It was an automated conversation like you would with your bank or insurer or something. Those usually go so well, right? "Press 1 if you ..." I like and perform better when interviews have a conversational tone (with a human being), where I can get a feel for the culture of the company and have a chance to ask questions. Basically, I like feeling like the company is genuinely trying to get to know me and vice versa. But the bright side of not getting a call back is this method helped me figure out the company wasn't a good cultural fit anyway.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Esurance (Greenville, SC) in July 2017.

Interview

check in at security then thru h/r then meet with 2 supervisors in 1 setting. I traveled from Norcross GA and it took 2hrs for arrival. The office was easy to locate and the staff was excellent.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at Esurance in June 2017.

Interview

One of the worst interview experience, conducted interview for five months , called on site, and I don't know what they expect from recent graduate after performing so well . They didn't even reimburse my expense, they only gave mental torture for five months

Interview Questions

• Can't share questions as I signed NDA , they are not a stable company, worst for customers and for interview candidates   Answer Question

Software Engineer - Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter that consists of behavioral questions. Tech screen with an engineer, and if you pass, you'll schedule an onsite interview within a week or so. Expect them to be slow.