Esurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Rapid Response Team Tampa Fl Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Esurance (Tampa, FL) in October 2019.

Interview

I had applied to Esurance and within a week I was set up with a phone interview where they asked basic interview questions. If you do well in the phone interview then you move on to the video interview with 2 hiring managers. I only interviewed with one but the other manager came in at the end of my interview and asked two similar questions and he apologized if I had already answered them, so I re-answered the questions. I asked follow up questions and then they told me that they have to make their hiring decisions pretty quickly so someone will be in contact with me in a few days. Kendra Walker was my recruiter and she is FANTASTIC!! She actually called me that same day to tell me I got the job!! I completed my background check and a week after that she officially offered me the job. Overall very easy interview!!

Interview Questions

Esurance Response

Oct 14, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your interview experience, we appreciate it. Additionally, thank you for your understanding of the manager being late. Sometimes things come up which result in that happening and we appreciate your flexibility. We're thrilled to receive the feedback on Kendra and we're even more excited to see that you have made the decision to join the Esurance family. We look forward to your arrival.

Front End Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview describing my background and experience. I had a very nice interviewer who was kind and easy going. They got back to me within a week after the interview. Although I did not get offer, I had an overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Esurance in December 2019.

Interview

The hiring process was really fun. The staff was very understanding and fast with responses. I personally thought that the technical question was very reasonable and simple. Compared to many other companies.

Interview Questions

Esurance Response

Dec 31, 2019 – CIO

Great to hear positive comments about our interview process. Although I do not interview every candidate, I do review the interview feedback and, with my senior management team, work to ensure that we are assessing and hiring candidates with a solid software engineering foundation, who are self-motivated, and great team players.

Regards,

Al

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Esurance (Richardson, TX) in December 2019.

Interview

I was referred by an employee, so I automatically received a call from the recruiter. They set up an interview with 2 unit managers. Interview was quick and focused on job skills. Was then asked to review an Xactimate estimate & photos and note any discrepancies. After that, I was given a scenario and asked to make a coverage decision. I then had to role play with one of the managers and explain the coverage decision to them.

2nd interview with Claims Manager was quick - maybe 15 minutes or so. He basically explained the position and asked why I wanted to work as an inside adjuster.

3rd and final interview was a phone interview with the Claims VP.

Negotiated higher salary than what was originally offered.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a difficult claim that you handled.   1 Answer

Customer Support Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Esurance (Sioux Falls, SD) in November 2019.

Interview

The interview process was based on behavioral attributes. They included a grammar and typing test which you had to have a minimum score on. The typing test was completed online and included words that were not used on a normal basis.

Interview Questions

• What is one area that you feel you need to improve on?   1 Answer

Software Development Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

Applied online
    Recruiter emailed me about the time available for quick chat
    Recruiter told me thats the hiring manager liked my resume and wants to talk schedule a telephonic interview with a SDET

Interview Questions

• what do you do?
      what framework do you use?
      Design framework question
      Hackerrank coding link....

interviewer had more than 10-12 years of experience but mostly with a service based firm so was not that technical....ask about the framework design whom he was not familiar with...   Answer Question

Nov 18, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to meet with our team and for leaving a review about your experience, we appreciate it. We're sorry to see that you felt the interview experience was negative. If you'd like to provide more information about your experience please email our TA leadership team at hiringsupport@esurance.com. Receiving additional information will allow us to continue to find ways to improve our processes.

Customer Care Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Esurance (Tampa, FL).

Interview

My experience interviewing at Esurance was great. My recruiter was amazing and incredibly helpful. I had two interviews, one with my recruiter over the phone, and the second was a video interview. The whole process took around three weeks. It is wise to do some research and answer questions with the STAR method. Be knowledgeable about the company and prepare to ask them questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Oct 14, 2019

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your interview process and that the recruiter was amazing. We look forward to your arrival and having you on our team.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Esurance in September 2019.

Interview

The hiring process went extremely fast.! After the initial interview I had 2 others. The second interview was based on who i was as a person and the 3rd was similar. Just be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had a difficult customer and how did you manage to overcome it.   Answer Question

Sep 30, 2019

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know your thoughts and to help other interviewers.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Esurance (Houston, TX) in September 2019.

Interview

Very short initially the interviewer called me 30 minutes late. Said she could call me back later or we could go ahead and do it then. I Said let’s do the now. I was disappointed that I was either forgotten or overlooked to call for my phone interview and didn’t get a call back.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply with our company?   1 Answer

Sep 30, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and provide us with your feedback. We are always looking for feedback so that we can continue to improve.

Work From Home Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Columbia, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Esurance (West Columbia, TX) in September 2019.

Interview

I immediately received an email upon applying. Phone interview was set up. I wasn’t called. I waited the 20 minutes to let them know I didn’t receive my phone call and about 30 minutes later I was called. The interviewer apologized and said I’m sorry your interview spot didn’t pop up to alert me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Advised of equipment I’d be sent after we were finished with the short interview. Never got a call.   Answer Question

Sep 30, 2019

Thank you for leaving a reviewing and providing us feedback. This feedback helps us to ensure we are continuously working to provide a better candidate experience.