Esurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2018

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Esurance (Greenville, SC).

Interview

I started my application process by attending a job fair for Esurance. The interviews there were relatively brief, but they field a large number of applicants so it was to be expected. I had never attended a job fair before, but my impression of theirs was a good one. The process was smooth and with short delays. The interviewing staff were friendly and pleasant (a recurring theme throughout my hiring process).

After the job fair, Esurance followed up with an in person interview with two managers, about 30 minutes of job shadow time to get a feel for the job, and a few aptitude tests.

I was then made an offer over the phone a short time after that second round of interviews. Overall I had a very pleasant hiring experience and thus far am extremely pleased with how well my new employer treats their staff.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you resolved a problem with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Claims Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Esurance (Richardson, TX).

Interview

Went through several interviews in person and over the phone. Conversations were more informal than I experienced with companies in the past. Discussions were strong on culture. Talented leaders in there Claims Senior structure. Seemed to value a mindset geared toward change. Left with a positive impression.

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Esurance (Mesa, AZ) in May 2018.

Interview

The process began with an initial pre recorded phone interview. It was followed up by an interview with a recruiter and the last was an in person interview with several people onsite.

Interview Questions

• Review this sample insurnace declaration document and customer issue and answer a mock call from the customer.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Esurance (Tampa, FL).

Interview

I was phone screened by one of my potential peers, to be sure I had what it takes to be able cohesively work with my team. I then had a face to face interview with my perspective Manager, which gave me immediate feedback for me to rock my next interview, with the big boss. I then had a virtual interview with my potential Department Head. All of thia within a matter of two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Explain my process, in detail, that has made me successful in this role.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Esurance.

Interview

Online application. I heard my team members had a script to see how they sound on the phone. I somehow skipped it. I was close to a hiring date, interviewed with two managers. After, I spoke to our lead manager who was very honest and open. She has been a rockstar through all of my time. Somewhere between all this, I was able to shadow with a co-worker to see the experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle escalation calls? What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Submitted online application. Got a phone interview 2 weeks later. Been invited to their San Francisco headquarter for on-site interview with the team a week after. Got the verbal offer the following day. Documentation followed shortly. The recruiter has been very nice and supportive. The recruiting team was also very helpful. They totally know what they want and really treated everyone as their customer and would put themselves in other’s shoes. The speeding up and smoothing out of the whole interview process really helped me to relieve all the stress in my job hunt.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example that you have reached far and beyond other’s expectations.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Esurance (Sioux Falls, SD) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received a text message very shortly after asking me a few questions and giving me some more details about the job. I answered the questions and then received a request to set up a short phone interview. After the phone interview she asked if I would be available for a face to face interview. I did have to go online before the face to face interview and take a few test such as computer skills test and personally test. It is all very simple and nothing to worry over. Lindsey was my contact person thru the whole thing and she was so great. She was very helpful and motivating. I can’t think of anything else she could have done to make the interview experience/process any better:)

Interview Questions

• They asked about my past customer service experiences.   1 Answer

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

The overall interviewing experience was extremely positive as the lead recruiter as well as the business team displayed a great deal of professionalism and passion for the organization. In the business realm, very rarely do you ever come across recruiters that genuinely care about each applicant all while working to do what is best for both the company as well as the candidate on a personal basis. In addition, the hiring manager made a tremendous effort to judge me through 2 vital lenses: as a professional and as a person. This gave me a true sense of belonging, and I felt very welcomed throughout the interviewing process!

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a typical day for you in your current role.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Esurance (Ogden, UT) in February 2018.

Interview

The interviewers are exceptionally friendly. Great experience overall, interview process is lengthy, but not too complex. The questions are your normal interview questions, the length of training is phenomenal too.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Esurance.

Interview

Applied for position in San Francisco, CA. Phone interview with Hiring Manager. Asked about my experience and why I wanted to be an actuary. Process took about 3 weeks with a self-paced virtual interview