Evernote Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Senior Product Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Evernote (Redwood City, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

I submitted my application directly through company website - I was a big fan of the Evernote brand for years and decided to check if they had roles matching my experience the first day I started lookin for a new job. Yay, they did! Application process is short and sweet: basic info, resume, portfolio - easy peasy!

Two weeks later I got an email from the recruiter welcoming me to the interview process and asking to submit my availability. I had a 30 min call with the recruiter a week later. That screening call was very fast paced and much more intense than some other companies I spoke with - Evernote recruiter really wanted to make sure I had the skills and the experience to do the job. I really appreciated the tenacity!

In 3 business days after that I had a 45 min call with the VP of Design. It was also very thorough in terms of evaluation of my skills, leadership experience and cultural fit which is very important to the company. That call went well and within the hour I received an email inviting me to onsites.

Onsite interview took some prep time and consisted of an hour long portfolio presentation to the panel, followed by a whiteboarding session with designers, and a set of 1:1s with team members of different seniority levels. I loved absolutely everyone. They had smart and challenging questions which gave me confidence the team took the time and care to find the right person to fill the role.

I got a call 2 days later from the recruiter making me the offer. We were both very excited!

Interview Questions

• What type of a leader you are?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Evernote (New York, NY) in March 2020.

Interview

The scheduling part of the interview was a mess. After the initial phone interview, it took almost 3 weeks to schedule the next round. With no response, or updates from the recruiter. I had to send out follow up emails and the recruiter responded almost a week later with the schedule for the next round. Also, there was little information to keep me updated on what to expect for the first round.

Interview: There was certain communication disconnect with the interviewer (maybe he wasn't trained to take interviews). I was given a Java application to debug while I was a hands-on Javascript developer. It would have been great if the recruiter had sent out an email or provide some information on what to expect. The interview was scheduled for 1hr and stretched for 1.5hrs.

Feedback: Please keep the candidate in the loop on what to expect, schedule or on minimum send updates. Train individuals on taking interviews as good engineers aren't always the best interviewer. Overall it takes out a lot of commitment for an employed candidate and please respect that.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Evernote (San Diego, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

The process starts with either a phone screen with hiring manager or an internal recruiter, then there is a coding test / technical screen done live with another developer, final step is half-full day onsite interview that also includes Zoom video calls.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Evernote (Redwood City, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

I really like Evernote product so when I found out about the opportunity I asked a friend of my husband to refer me. Heard back from HR quickly. Three steps: 1. HR screening; 2. Technical Interview with a Data Scientist on SQL and python; 3. Onsite with 7 people from different teams. All the people I met were friendly, especially the HR and Data Scientists.

Interview Questions

• Typical HR questions, SQL and simple python. For the onsite, all about case and product sense   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Evernote in November 2019.

Interview

My interview experience with Evernote was very memorable, thoughtful, and efficient. It was also pretty unorthodox since I did not apply traditionally and it was for a contracting role.

I was in contact with a senior leader at Evernote and after expressing my passion and interest for Evernote, he helpfully forwarded my resume and portfolio to the recruiting team. Immediately the following day, I received an introductory email from the recruiter to schedule the phone screen. The phone screen with the recruiter was very positive and oddly, very fun. She was very personable, encouraging, and just as enthusiastic about Evernote as me. Feeling the synergy, the recruiter immediately scheduled my next 1:1 interview with a senior design leader. I had the same positive experience with the senior design leader, except this time we took a deeper dive into my design portfolio and previous work experience. It felt more like a conversation than an interview which made the experience even more enjoyable. Several days later, I received a follow-up email from the recruiter informing me that even though the team had enjoyed the conversations they had with me, my experiences were not a fit for the contract role. Despite the rejection, I had a wonderful time getting to know the team at Evernote.

Two weeks later, I heard back from the recruiter informing me that there was a new contractor position that had just opened that might be a better fit with my design experience. We immediately scheduled my 1:1 with the hiring manager that same day. In the 1:1 with the hiring manager, we had a very straight-forward portfolio review and fun conversation about my design experience with growth. The next day, the recruiter was prompt in scheduling a follow-up phone call to see how the 1:1 went and informed me that the team would like to offer me the position. I was beyond ecstatic.

Interview Questions

• I would like you to walk me through a design project — what the project is about, your role in it, and your design decisions.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evernote.

Interview

Had initial recruiter BQ interview followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. was expecting an hour technical phone interview but instead the interviewer called an hour early and the interview was just QA and lasted for 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• knowledge based interview like what is promise, gc and boxing/unboxing etc   Answer Question

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Evernote in August 2019.

Interview

The interview process started with a technical phone screen followed by the on-site round. The technical phone screen revolved around my background and certain scenario-based questions related to DevOps.
    The onsite round was broken down into various domains like
    1. monitoring: Primary focus was towards detecting system health issues across the stack covering both application and infrastructure
    2. system design: This rounds tested the knowledge related to microservices, containerization technologies, and deployment strategies
    3. debugging: One of the most challenging yet rewarding rounds. They ask you to connect to a faulty server and resolve several associated issues to bring it back to a functional state
    4. coding: Not very fancy DSA stuff but still some good coding problems to test your problem-solving abilities

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Interview

20min w/ Source --> 45min with HM (CPO) --> 4hrs onsite, 5 sessions --> Offer.
    The overall process is very professional and efficient. People are passionate about the company mission and excited to be part of the ongoing "turnaround" story. Offer was attractive. I ended up not leaving my current company due to personal reasons and timing, but would recommend (10 on a scale from 1 to 10) the opportunity to someone else with fitting background.

Note that they did not provide any pre-interview prep guide or general area covered by each interviewer, but the questions were nothing out of ordinary.

Associate Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Evernote (Austin, TX) in June 2019.

Interview

One of the most professional and seamless interview and recruiting process I've ever experienced. The recruiter was exceptional. She was prompt, thorough, and always there to answer questions or concerns.

The leadership team all took part in the interviews. Everyone is exceptionally talented and passionate about the company.

Evernote Austin office is led by brilliant and dedicated leaders. They are ready to face challenges as a team and truly care about their people and the work they do.

I went with another company because I opted for a different industry. It was tough declining the offer because everyone I spoke with was impressive. They're all great people. Would highly recommend joining this company, especially this office.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding prior experience in supporting employees and managers. The interviewers were all genuine and thoughtful in their questions.   2 Answers

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evernote in April 2019.

Interview

Starts with a phone interview with the recruiter. Very basic. Next is a technical screen with an engineer. The engineer started out with basic questions about Java. Some of them were very vague. After the questions, we did a simple problem on Coderpad. We finished a bit early since the question was easy. I was told I wouldn't continue even though I'm sure I answered everything correctly. I'm okay with this because if the engineers acted like him, I wouldn't want to join. He did not seem to have a good grasp of English as well as just being confusing the entire time.

Interview Questions

• What kind of variables are there?   2 Answers
    • Parse a URL and return a map of query params   2 Answers