Evernote Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Evernote (Redwood City, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

Interview process was simple, Phone round and Onsite.
    Phone round was 45 mins with simple Algo question and testing related questions
    Oniste: experience was good and everyone was prepared what to ask, no hassels.

Interview Questions

• 1. Phone round :
      a. write palendrome code.
      b. why evernote,
      c. how agile implemented in your project.
      d. challenges of testing apps on android and iOs device.
      e. how would you manage if lot of work.   Answer Question
    • 2. Onsite : 4 rounds
      - codeing questions : A long string A and a substring of that long string B, check if all the words in a substring are present in A and count the the word if it occurs more than once in string B
      - Sort the string
      - find the max product of the 2 adjacent numbers in an array   Answer Question
    • Current project related question   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Recruiter contacted me saying there was a position open that matched my skills. Had a phone interview with non-technical questions about my career goals and past projects, and afterwards a programming question was emailed to me to solve. Sent answer, got a quick response of no thank you, even though my solution worked!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Evernote.

Interview

Applied through Evernote careers website. Recruiter called in 2-3 days and asked to solve a coding challenge that should typically take less than hour. Question:"Given an int array of size n, write a O(n) algorithm to return the top 4 largest elements from the array. Please write your code as you would write in a production environment". Submitted answer after a couple of days. Probably spent 2-3 hrs on the code, trying to make it production worthy. Recruiter came back saying that at this time they don't want to move ahead with my candidacy. No feedback was provided.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Evernote (Redwood City, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

The company and the people i met seem to be good. The process was smooth. Had a couple of phone screenings, then an onsite interview. The questions were challenging and like the environment.

Interview Questions

• How will you remove duplicate tags from an xml document   Answer Question

The company seems to be very stingy with RSU's. I was offered 4 figure RSU's for 4 years. Who will join a pre ipo company for that number of RSU's.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Evernote (Redwood City, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I interviewed at Evernote twice, both times got offers, but they're different positions. The first time I was just graduating from grad school, and it took me a hard time to make a decision about which offer I should take. In the end, I chose a smaller startup in downtown Palo Alto. After working in the bay area for some time and seen their fast growth, I decided to apply again. And now I'm a full time employee here.
    The recruiter Pavlina is a wonderful lady. She gives you very quick responses, and eager to help the candidates. The first time that I interviewed at Evernote, I was a grad school student and nervous as I lack of experiences. But the interview in the Mountain View office went really well. The people are very nice, they listen to what you talk and give you positive feedbacks if you're on the right track, and they're very smart engineers themselves. Both of my interviews here are pretty standard, about 4 rounds, almost all of them are technical interviews. They asks about your general computer science knowledge, why do you want to work for Evernote, no brain teasers.
    And I would like to share about some of my working experience here too. Overall the culture is here very encouraging and positive, people are smart and friendly. Office environment is fantastic and food is great. Work life balance is good, no crazy hours like Apple or smaller startups. Compensation is competitive, but probably other companies will offer higher. You should know that it's Pre-IPO and you have a better career path than in Apple/Google/LinkedIn.

Interview Questions

• not really, all of them are pretty standard. if you have a solid computer science background you should be fine   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Evernote (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Talked to engineer at a career fair. He handed me a business card of their recruiter. I sent in my resume and was contacted for a phone screen. It was a friendly skype call and I answered a programming question using a collaborative web application where I could code the answer. I was then contacted for an on site interview. I was interviewed by two web application engineers and did not do as well as I was hoping to. Each asked me for background information and then two to three programming problems to write out on the whiteboard wall.

The whole process took around 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Match string pattern to list of names. Insert into a linked list at index k.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Evernote in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and the recruiter contacted me to sent up a phone screen. Talked about past projects and internships and was very nice about the entire process and very excited. Gave me a coding interview problem that has been listed here many times (Go through a list of strings and return the top N).

Afterwards I was scheduled with a phone interview with an upper level employee. It was coding based and I can say that it was absolutely the worst technical interview I've ever had. The employee was non-responsive for the most part, offered no help to work through a solution, was very much demeaning as well as gave an overall bad impression of the company. I asked initially about company organization and the interviewer told me coldly he wasn't aware.

After struggling through understanding his question on the interview problem, he questioned my knowledge of the subject matter at hand and then told me an answer that I had given him before five minutes ago. Yet because of the non-responsiveness of the interviewer, every question I asked him was treated as completely blank.

Overall I thought Evernote was a great company to work for, but that surely wasn't the case when dealt with someone from upper management. The recruiter was very very nice, but the only technical employee I received gave me a terrible impression.

Interview Questions

• Array vs LinkedList. Throwing an exception. Creating an list class.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evernote in March 2015.

Interview

I had a coding challenge, a phone screening with the recruiter, and 2 phone technical interviews with a software engineer and the engineering manager. The overall process was great. The recruiter was very welcoming and informative.

Interview Questions

• General data structure/algorithm questions (linked list, hashtable, recursion)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Evernote in September 2014.

Interview

Met recruiters at campus career fair. Then had an on-campus interview the next day. A few days later, the recruiters took me out for dinner at a local restaurant. Then I was contacted to do the coding challenge. After that was the final technical interview. Then they reached out to me with an offer.

Interview Questions

• The coding challenge was to find the highest frequency word count in linear time. This was moderately difficult.   3 Answers

Negotiation

For interns, there was no opportunity for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Evernote (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

First had technical screening over the phone -- about an hour, then technical interview onsite, full round, something like talking to 4 different people, 1 hour per person. There was something like a weeks before I had phone call and I had onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Write script in python, write some select statement in SQL, and some simple technical questions. I more or less answered the questions, but was not that impressive I suppose to receive an offer.
      I think that questions were more or less average ones, I mean -- no tricky google-like ones, just clean and solid technical questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Evernote in February 2016.

Interview

I sent my resume through their website, and after 2 days I received an email back. The recruiter scheduled a phone screen interview in the same week. The recruiter was very polite and motivated me a lot.

The next step was a coding challenge that was not given a due date but I decided to complete in 24 hours (probably lost code quality) and do much more than asked. The recruiter then answered saying that would send my interview summary and my code challenge to the manager to schedule a technical interview. After a few days, they sent me an email saying that they decided to do not keep with my interviewing process. I tried to understand what happened since the recruiter said she was just scheduling my next interview, but I had no answer back. In the beginning, it was a good process, but the lack of response in the final was something that gave me a bad experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about the experiences that are on your resume.   Answer Question