Evernote Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Evernote Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2018

2.9

Growth Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evernote.

Interview

A debugging round with a real life bug in a real life system, a system design round, a deep dive round talking about previous projects. Very disappointed that they don't reimburse local candidate travel expense to/from the interview site - I wouldn't have interview if they told me before the interview.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Evernote (Austin, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Very smooth interview process! Initial phone screen with questions about your work experience and what you’re looking for. Next was a phone interview with the Sales Manager with similar questions. From there, I had a video interview with a team member abroad, an on-site interview and then a video interview with the SVP of sales. The process took about 2.5 weeks. This company has an awesome culture that translated well through everyone I spoke with.

Interview Questions

Evernote Response

Jan 19, 2018 – Sourcer

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Evernote.

Interview

I had a phone coding interview which went very well but unfortunately I didn't receive an offer because of my different profile. The interviewer was very polite and the questions asked were not tough and very practical. I enjoyed the interview process overall.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evernote (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

1. Apply
    2. Schedule phone interview with recruiter
    3. Phone interview with recruiter
    4. Schedule phone interview with hiring manager
    5. Phone interview with hiring manager including some simple coding with coderpad
    ...
    I really enjoyed the interview with the recruiter. She was experienced and sized me up quickly and was very informative.

Interview Questions

Evernote Response

Nov 29, 2017 – Sourcer

Thanks for your feedback, we are glad your enjoyed your experience with us!

Software Engineer (Data) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Evernote (Redwood City, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Two phone screen followed by onsite interview. 4-5 round on-site interviews. The process took 5+ weeks (online application -> result)

All the interviewers I met were nice and friendly. This goes for the h.r as well. Well arranged process at most levels.

# Interviews
    Easy-Mid level leetcode questions in phone screen rounds. Onsite interview consists of System design, two rounds of coding (mid leetcode), a round of debugging and ends with a chat with the CTO.

#Result
    I got a reject, even though the interviews had gone good. They need people with more experience in 'xyz'. Another thread in glassdoor mentions similar reason. Sucks to go all the way and know this after on-site.

Overall it was a good experience. Met few great guys and will probably apply to other teams someday.

Though if you are planning to apply(data) and have <5yr experience, please clarify the expectations well in advance. Can't stress this point enough

Interview Questions

Evernote Response

Nov 29, 2017 – Sourcer

We appreciate the time you took to provide your feedback and hope to see your application in the future!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Evernote in November 2017.

Interview

I applied on their website, recruiter got in touch discussed position, told they move quickly through the hiring process.

The first phone screen was rescheduled unexpectedly and after the second one took place I’ve never heard back. Full ghosting for 3 weeks+.

That why I can assume I got no offer - but only Evernote knows for certain..

Interview Questions

Evernote Response

Dec 22, 2017 – Sourcer

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Your experience is incredibly important to us and we make follow up with every candidate a priority. We clearly missed in your case and are very sorry... More

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evernote (Redwood City, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

A Technical Recruiter reached out to my application from LinkedIn and scheduled a phone interview that lasted about 30mins. A technical phone screen with the Hiring Manager was scheduled which lasted around 45 mins and I was invited for the onsite interview.

The onsite interview sessions lasted for 5 hours with a lunch interview in the midst. I was greeted and was given a quick overview of the office and about the perks of working at Evernote by a very friendly HR person. There were a total of 6 interviews, some lasting an hour and some 30mins. Some of the interviews were over the video conference with people based offsite.

The questions asked in most interviews were pretty straight forward with a clear problem statement and relevant to the SRE position that I was applying for. The overall experience was very professional and positive, I was notified of the results in 2 days. Even though I wasn't offered the job, I really appreciate the professionalism with which the entire process was handled by the various teams involved & the recruiter was very open to questions & offered feedback on my interview which was very valuable.

Interview Questions

Evernote Response

Oct 11, 2017 – Sourcer

Thank you so much for your feedback, we are so glad that you enjoyed your experience with us!

Software Engineer Data Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Evernote (Redwood City, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

3 Technical rounds which include and take home assignment and others being online coding sessions.Although impressed with my skills I was told they need people with more expertise which I thoroughly understand.

Interview Questions

• Pull data out from GoogleBigQuery tables and calculate some statistics.   Answer Question
    • Find if an array has sub array which has sum 0 and then find start & end index.   Answer Question
    • Fix a failing test case which calls a down sized version of evernote API.   Answer Question

Oct 30, 2017 – Sourcer

Thank you for providing feedback on your interview experience!

Senior Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evernote (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

had an initial call with the recruiter for 30 mins and on my request, the next round of telephonic+collabedit session was organized the very next day.
    The interviewer was on time with the call and I was asked too many easy coding questions (like what is dictionary in python, how to retrieve values of dictionary(using a simple example), add sum of 2 digit integer(like input 23 should print 2+3=5), purpose of __init__.py, use of self, print all files and directories and the sub directory without using os.walk)
    I expected a lot more interesting questions, atleast medium level hacker rank kind, but these were very basic questions and should be asked to interns, atleast not for Senior/Staff level roles.
    Irony is that I was rejected with explanation that "we didn't quite see the technical skill we are looking for in this role".
    I am glad that I was rejected, it would have been a waste of time attending the onsite

Interview Questions

• none..all questions were too easy for senior/staff level role   Answer Question

Sep 21, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for sharing this with us. We are always working to improve our interview experience and appreciate your feedback.

-Evernote Recruiting Team

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Evernote in September 2017.

Interview

They reached out to me through CodeFights, and the first step was a phone call with a senior software engineering manager. This call went great, and I felt very good about the direction we were moving in. The next step was a technical phone screen. The interview was actually really fun (focused on debugging), and my interviewer was very complimentary. Multiple times, he stated that he was very impressed with me and specifically pointed to reasons why. At the end of the interview, he said they wanted me to continue to the next step in the interview process (another technical phone screen). He very specifically stated that I'd be receiving information from a recruiter about scheduling the next interview. Two days later, I received an email saying that they actually need someone with more experience and I wouldn't be able to continue through the interview process. This was really upsetting given that everything had been going really well, and I was already preparing to do another interview with them. I was not impressed, and it makes it feel like they are really not very organized with their interview process.

Interview Questions

• Given a large set of JavaScript code (including several classes) determine why all the tests aren't passing, and fix the code to allow them to pass.   Answer Question

Sep 21, 2017 – Recruiter

I'm so glad we were able to catch up on this over the phone. We apologize for the miscommunication on our part. We are constantly working to calibrate out technical screeners and hiring managers... More