Evernote Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 144 of over 144 interviews

Campus Recruiting7%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Evernote

Application

I interviewed at Evernote

Interview

The interviewer was not very prepared and seemed to make up questions as we went. I was a little disappointed in their lack of preparation. I asked more questions than she did. We spoke about some digital marketing needs of the company and she went on a.bout her own role but did not ask too many questions

Interview Questions
  • Asked me a little about past relevant experience
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evernote (San Francisco, CA) in Apr 2021

Interview

HORRIBLE - Never trust recruiters with only a few months experience. I emailed and then had to follow up and ask for confirmation of email receipt. The in-house recruiter was late by an hour. Then another email after the first chat asking to me to meet with the hiring manager. A week later no response. I am told this happens a lot with new recruiters...they just gather a large candidate pool, practice an elevator pitch and you never hear from them.

Interview Questions
  • Standard HR Questions, nothing special. The recruiter knew very little about the position and even less about software technology.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evernote (Austin, TX) in Mar 2021

Interview

Overall 1-month zoom virtual process: initial screening-HRM interview- Onsite interview- Sr. HRM interview Each step took a week and everything was very smooth, in the end of each round I got immediate feedback and instruction to move forward to schedule calls. The first two rounds were pretty good and both of them are very friendly. The recruiter was awesome and helped me throughout my process. The onsite interview was around ~5 hours long including (1 hr peer presentation with 15 designer - 1 hr design challenge with 2 peer designers- 45 min HRM(again same person)- 45 min with SVP engineering- 45 min with PM - 45 min with Design exec.) 2 Days later I got good feedback and they are moving forward. I remember they told me earlier that now there will be an HR round, But, they requested a Sr. Hiring manager call- I thought might be a team matching round. During phone screening with Sr. Hiring manager I had to explain the same 2 case studies 5th time in the overall process, later, she asked me if you have any question. I asked 4-5 questions but she answered the same thing that she joined the company a couple of weeks earlier so she does not have this many insights. The overall tone of my excitement turned down by her and I keep losing interest at this point. 2 days later I got a rejection. Pros I felt: -Friendly people -Only a few of them are smart Cons I felt: -Lack of management skills, -team sprints move slowly like really slow after talking with designers, -designers do not think thoroughly about the UI of Evernote(concluded from design challenge)

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Evernote

Application

I interviewed at Evernote

Interview

Communication through email, check in at front desk and someone comes down to greet you. I got a bag with snacks and a water since. I had a group interview but most of the other interviews are single person but could be up to 5 people you are meeting.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Evernote (New York, NY) in Mar 2020

Interview

The scheduling part of the interview was a mess. After the initial phone interview, it took almost 3 weeks to schedule the next round. With no response, or updates from the recruiter. I had to send out follow up emails and the recruiter responded almost a week later with the schedule for the next round. Also, there was little information to keep me updated on what to expect for the first round. Interview: There was certain communication disconnect with the interviewer (maybe he wasn't trained to take interviews). I was given a Java application to debug while I was a hands-on Javascript developer. It would have been great if the recruiter had sent out an email or provide some information on what to expect. The interview was scheduled for 1hr and stretched for 1.5hrs. Feedback: Please keep the candidate in the loop on what to expect, schedule or on minimum send updates. Train individuals on taking interviews as good engineers aren't always the best interviewer. Overall it takes out a lot of commitment for an employed candidate and please respect that.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evernote (San Diego, CA) in Jan 2020

Interview

The process starts with either a phone screen with hiring manager or an internal recruiter, then there is a coding test / technical screen done live with another developer, final step is half-full day onsite interview that also includes Zoom video calls.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience with ReactJS?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Evernote (Redwood City, CA) in Jan 2020

Interview

I really like Evernote product so when I found out about the opportunity I asked a friend of my husband to refer me. Heard back from HR quickly. Three steps: 1. HR screening; 2. Technical Interview with a Data Scientist on SQL and python; 3. Onsite with 7 people from different teams. All the people I met were friendly, especially the HR and Data Scientists.

Interview Questions
  • Typical HR questions, SQL and simple python. For the onsite, all about case and product sense

Evernote

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Evernote in Nov 2019

Interview

My interview experience with Evernote was very memorable, thoughtful, and efficient. It was also pretty unorthodox since I did not apply traditionally and it was for a contracting role. I was in contact with a senior leader at Evernote and after expressing my passion and interest for Evernote, he helpfully forwarded my resume and portfolio to the recruiting team. Immediately the following day, I received an introductory email from the recruiter to schedule the phone screen. The phone screen with the recruiter was very positive and oddly, very fun. She was very personable, encouraging, and just as enthusiastic about Evernote as me. Feeling the synergy, the recruiter immediately scheduled my next 1:1 interview with a senior design leader. I had the same positive experience with the senior design leader, except this time we took a deeper dive into my design portfolio and previous work experience. It felt more like a conversation than an interview which made the experience even more enjoyable. Several days later, I received a follow-up email from the recruiter informing me that even though the team had enjoyed the conversations they had with me, my experiences were not a fit for the contract role. Despite the rejection, I had a wonderful time getting to know the team at Evernote. Two weeks later, I heard back from the recruiter informing me that there was a new contractor position that had just opened that might be a better fit with my design experience. We immediately scheduled my 1:1 with the hiring manager that same day. In the 1:1 with the hiring manager, we had a very straight-forward portfolio review and fun conversation about my design experience with growth. The next day, the recruiter was prompt in scheduling a follow-up phone call to see how the 1:1 went and informed me that the team would like to offer me the position. I was beyond ecstatic.

Interview Questions
  • I would like you to walk me through a design project — what the project is about, your role in it, and your design decisions.
1 person found this interview helpful

Evernote

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evernote

Interview

Had initial recruiter BQ interview followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. was expecting an hour technical phone interview but instead the interviewer called an hour early and the interview was just QA and lasted for 30 mins.

Interview Questions
  • knowledge based interview like what is promise, gc and boxing/unboxing etc

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Evernote (Redwood City, CA) in Aug 2019

Interview

I submitted my application directly through company website - I was a big fan of the Evernote brand for years and decided to check if they had roles matching my experience the first day I started lookin for a new job. Yay, they did! Application process is short and sweet: basic info, resume, portfolio - easy peasy! Two weeks later I got an email from the recruiter welcoming me to the interview process and asking to submit my availability. I had a 30 min call with the recruiter a week later. That screening call was very fast paced and much more intense than some other companies I spoke with - Evernote recruiter really wanted to make sure I had the skills and the experience to do the job. I really appreciated the tenacity! In 3 business days after that I had a 45 min call with the VP of Design. It was also very thorough in terms of evaluation of my skills, leadership experience and cultural fit which is very important to the company. That call went well and within the hour I received an email inviting me to onsites. Onsite interview took some prep time and consisted of an hour long portfolio presentation to the panel, followed by a whiteboarding session with designers, and a set of 1:1s with team members of different seniority levels. I loved absolutely everyone. They had smart and challenging questions which gave me confidence the team took the time and care to find the right person to fill the role. I got a call 2 days later from the recruiter making me the offer. We were both very excited!

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 144 Interviews