Evernote Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Evernote Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2018

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Evernote (Redwood City, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Onsite consists of these sessions:

- Describe the project you worked on
    - Pair programming (with a laptop)
    - Find a bug/fix a unit test (with a laptop)
    - System design
    - Hiring manager interview

Interviewers are friendly, lunch is provided.

Front End Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evernote.

Interview

After applying online, I was selected and scheduled for a phone screen. The interviewer called 10 minutes late and her first question was, did you apply or did I reach out to you on hired? This was a red flag. The interviewer barely bothered to read my resume. Then, when my years of experience did not match her expectation, the interview was immediately ended. She apologized profusely because my experience was clearly expressed on my resume and she had failed to read it.

Interview Questions

Evernote Response

Apr 17, 2018 – Director, Recruiting

I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am really sorry to learn that your interview with Evernote was not optimal and will take your feedback back to our Recruiting team... More

Growth Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Evernote (Redwood City, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

This is my onsite experience with Evernote. It is a very positive experience. It consist of a full day interview with a complementary lunch. The interview is well organized and test the candidates through all aspect of software engineering. Everyone that interviewed me was nice, and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• The interview consists of five parts; a peer presentation, lunch (cultural), coding (algorithmic), system design, debugging and finally hiring manager chat.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Evernote (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

The process was over a month. First schedule call with hiring manager and then with a team member. The second interview was particularly hard and long. Overall, a very good experience.

Advise - Try to code as fast and efficiently as possible.

Interview Questions

• The question has been mentioned in the thread. Plus one design question.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Evernote (Austin, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

Two phone interviews and an in-person interview, which consisted of several rounds of group interviews. I then waited for almost *two weeks* before receiving any sort of communication from Evernote. They eventually sent an email which was a short, standard script saying they have "moved on with other candidates". Utterly disappointing and very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Describe making a peanut butter jelly sandwich, in detail.   Answer Question

May 10, 2018 – Director, Recruiting

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your experience. We are appreciative of the time that candidates spend interviewing with us and make every attempt to close the process in... More

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evernote in April 2018.

Interview

Had a wonderful experience. The interview process consisted of a phone screen and two technical interviews. I loved the technical interviews, especially since they consisted of looking at real world code and debugging a small but important error, which I thought was more enjoyable and realistic than a simple algorithms questions.

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Evernote (Austin, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

1. Had an initial phone screening with a Senior Recruiter (30 min).

2. Phone interview with the hiring manager (30 min).

3. Invited to an onsite interview which was divided into 4 segments: meet and greet with the office manager, 1st round with 2 senior managers in the support department, 2nd round met with the hiring manager whom I spoke on the phone with and the training and implementation manager, 3rd round was a written test asking "Describe how to make a PB&J sandwich?" (2 Hours total)

3. After this onsite interview I was told by the Senior Recruiter that he would reach out to me with their decision but he never did. After a week went by I had to send another follow up email requesting to know if they had decided to move forward with my application. They then proceeded to respond with a generic email saying I didn't get the job. I'm perfectly fine that I didn't get the job though I was disappointed. Only thing that rubbed me the wrong way was they sent me the incorrect generic email. The email they sent me thanked me for speaking with them on the phone... Huh? We spoke onsite! Sent them a follow up email thanking them for letting me know but recommended they be more courteous of people's time and let them know of their decisions rather than leaving them in the dark. As well when you send a rejection email at least do your due diligence and make sure you send the correct generic email.

Interview Questions

• Describe for me a time you had to help a customer with a major issue they were experiencing and the process you took to get that issue resolved?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Evernote (Redwood City, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied in February and was interviewed in March.
    There was an online coding round with a Software Engineer. They expected me to give the solution in 30 mins and code in 15 mins. The problem was really difficult and at least for me, it could not be completed in 15 mins.
    Was Rejected with just one round and no reason was specified for the rejection.

Interview Questions

• They asked Searching related questions and strong DS fundamental questions.   Answer Question

Jun 18, 2018 – Sourcer

Thank you for your feedback on your conversation, we strive to make interviews challenging yet attainable. We will look into the questions we ask.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Evernote (Redwood City, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

- Phone call with recruiter
    - Phone call with hiring manager
    - 2 hour onsite to assess fit (2 sessions)
    - 3 hour onsite with team (4 sessions)

There were two main themes:
    - I was given a problem / challenge associated with the product and asked to go through the process of how I would solve it
    - I was asked situational / behavioral questions

The interview was pretty straightforward, no curveballs. It seems that Evernote is no longer asking candidates to prepare a presentation. I enjoyed meeting with the team. Everyone was extremely professional and the interviews themselves were more conversational, so the entire process was low stress.

The Evernote recruiting team is top notch, and were extremely helpful throughout the entire process

Advice: Make sure you use the product and try to empathize with the users. Approach each session as if you were in a work meeting with a coworker, as opposed to providing robotic answers to an interview question

Interview Questions

• I was provided a problem with the product and was asked to diagnose and solve   Answer Question

Growth Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evernote.

Interview

A debugging round with a real life bug in a real life system, a system design round, a deep dive round talking about previous projects. Very disappointed that they don't reimburse local candidate travel expense to/from the interview site - I wouldn't have interview if they told me before the interview.