Evernote Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Evernote Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2018

2.9

Front End Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evernote.

Interview

After applying online, I was selected and scheduled for a phone screen. The interviewer called 10 minutes late and her first question was, did you apply or did I reach out to you on hired? This was a red flag. The interviewer barely bothered to read my resume. Then, when my years of experience did not match her expectation, the interview was immediately ended. She apologized profusely because my experience was clearly expressed on my resume and she had failed to read it.

Interview Questions

Evernote Response

Apr 17, 2018 – Director, Recruiting

I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am really sorry to learn that your interview with Evernote was not optimal and will take your feedback back to our Recruiting team... More

Growth Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Evernote (Redwood City, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

This is my onsite experience with Evernote. It is a very positive experience. It consist of a full day interview with a complementary lunch. The interview is well organized and test the candidates through all aspect of software engineering. Everyone that interviewed me was nice, and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• The interview consists of five parts; a peer presentation, lunch (cultural), coding (algorithmic), system design, debugging and finally hiring manager chat.   Answer Question

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Evernote (Austin, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

1. Had an initial phone screening with a Senior Recruiter (30 min).

2. Phone interview with the hiring manager (30 min).

3. Invited to an onsite interview which was divided into 4 segments: meet and greet with the office manager, 1st round with 2 senior managers in the support department, 2nd round met with the hiring manager whom I spoke on the phone with and the training and implementation manager, 3rd round was a written test asking "Describe how to make a PB&J sandwich?" (2 Hours total)

3. After this onsite interview I was told by the Senior Recruiter that he would reach out to me with their decision but he never did. After a week went by I had to send another follow up email requesting to know if they had decided to move forward with my application. They then proceeded to respond with a generic email saying I didn't get the job. I'm perfectly fine that I didn't get the job though I was disappointed. Only thing that rubbed me the wrong way was they sent me the incorrect generic email. The email they sent me thanked me for speaking with them on the phone... Huh? We spoke onsite! Sent them a follow up email thanking them for letting me know but recommended they be more courteous of people's time and let them know of their decisions rather than leaving them in the dark. As well when you send a rejection email at least do your due diligence and make sure you send the correct generic email.

Interview Questions

• Describe for me a time you had to help a customer with a major issue they were experiencing and the process you took to get that issue resolved?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Evernote (Redwood City, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

- Phone call with recruiter
    - Phone call with hiring manager
    - 2 hour onsite to assess fit (2 sessions)
    - 3 hour onsite with team (4 sessions)

There were two main themes:
    - I was given a problem / challenge associated with the product and asked to go through the process of how I would solve it
    - I was asked situational / behavioral questions

The interview was pretty straightforward, no curveballs. It seems that Evernote is no longer asking candidates to prepare a presentation. I enjoyed meeting with the team. Everyone was extremely professional and the interviews themselves were more conversational, so the entire process was low stress.

The Evernote recruiting team is top notch, and were extremely helpful throughout the entire process

Advice: Make sure you use the product and try to empathize with the users. Approach each session as if you were in a work meeting with a coworker, as opposed to providing robotic answers to an interview question

Interview Questions

• I was provided a problem with the product and was asked to diagnose and solve   Answer Question

Growth Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evernote.

Interview

A debugging round with a real life bug in a real life system, a system design round, a deep dive round talking about previous projects. Very disappointed that they don't reimburse local candidate travel expense to/from the interview site - I wouldn't have interview if they told me before the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Evernote (San Jose, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Recruiter contacted through LinkedIn and set up a Phone interview. The whole process took 3 weeks. The interview is very bad and rude and only know ask the most difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• Basic Calculator with +,-,*,/,(,)   1 Answer

Mar 5, 2018 – Sourcer

Thank you for your feedback, we strive to provide the best possible candidate experience. If you would like to share additional details about your experience please reach out to your recruiter and we... More

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Evernote (Austin, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Very smooth interview process! Initial phone screen with questions about your work experience and what you’re looking for. Next was a phone interview with the Sales Manager with similar questions. From there, I had a video interview with a team member abroad, an on-site interview and then a video interview with the SVP of sales. The process took about 2.5 weeks. This company has an awesome culture that translated well through everyone I spoke with.

Interview Questions

Evernote Response

Jan 19, 2018 – Sourcer

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Evernote.

Interview

I had a phone coding interview which went very well but unfortunately I didn't receive an offer because of my different profile. The interviewer was very polite and the questions asked were not tough and very practical. I enjoyed the interview process overall.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evernote (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

1. Apply
    2. Schedule phone interview with recruiter
    3. Phone interview with recruiter
    4. Schedule phone interview with hiring manager
    5. Phone interview with hiring manager including some simple coding with coderpad
    ...
    I really enjoyed the interview with the recruiter. She was experienced and sized me up quickly and was very informative.

Interview Questions

Evernote Response

Nov 29, 2017 – Sourcer

Thanks for your feedback, we are glad your enjoyed your experience with us!

Software Engineer (Data) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Evernote (Redwood City, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Two phone screen followed by onsite interview. 4-5 round on-site interviews. The process took 5+ weeks (online application -> result)

All the interviewers I met were nice and friendly. This goes for the h.r as well. Well arranged process at most levels.

# Interviews
    Easy-Mid level leetcode questions in phone screen rounds. Onsite interview consists of System design, two rounds of coding (mid leetcode), a round of debugging and ends with a chat with the CTO.

#Result
    I got a reject, even though the interviews had gone good. They need people with more experience in 'xyz'. Another thread in glassdoor mentions similar reason. Sucks to go all the way and know this after on-site.

Overall it was a good experience. Met few great guys and will probably apply to other teams someday.

Though if you are planning to apply(data) and have <5yr experience, please clarify the expectations well in advance. Can't stress this point enough

Interview Questions

Evernote Response

Nov 29, 2017 – Sourcer

We appreciate the time you took to provide your feedback and hope to see your application in the future!