ExxonMobil Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 28, 2017

3.1

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied online through the Recent College Grads job posting. I received a text from a recruiter asking for a phone interview which occurred the following week. Phone interview basically just was told about the position and asked if I had any questions/ when I could fly down for an interview. Flew down the following week and had dinner with a recent hire the night before the interview. Interview day consisted of a leadership interview, technical interview, and general questions from one of the managers. The day also included presentations from HR regarding benefits, a plant tour, a meet and greet with other engineers, and a general overview of the company. Was contacted the following week with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went above and beyond what you were asked to do.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I initially applied through my University's career fair. They had on campus interviews for the following 2-3 days. About 1 month after these interviews, I was asked to fly out to Houston for another round of interviews, which consisted of 3 separate one on one interviews. I received word of my offer about 2 weeks after my trip to Houston.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you managed or were in charge of a large group of people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

It was on university campus and very formal. It was a behavioral and one on one interview. The questions were not familiar to me and I had to find answers for them at the interview moment.

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Lafayette, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

I attended a career fair held at my university and spoke to a representative of the company. They invited me for an interview then and there. Interview took about 45 minutes and it went very well. All questions were STAR-type questions. Got invited on-site to Houston for the final stage of the interview process

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you lacked a resource during a project. How did you go about solving the problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter through university. It was a short 30-minute interview. It was a standard behavioral interview. No technical questions were asked. I applied with my resume and cover letter and was contacted a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What was your least favorite class?
      Give an example of a time you solved a problem and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

It's a one-hour phone interview. It includes two parts: 1. they first did job position introduction as well as their background introduction; 2. They went through my Ph.D. work (based on my resume) and asked me to explain some experiences that I listed on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Some behavior questions such as: How do you feel about mentoring undergraduate and graduate students?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (New York, NY).

Interview

They came to our university for a career fair. I talked to them and was asked to apply online. I did and then got an on campus interview. The interview was 1 to 1 and the interviewer is a graduate from my university. The questions are all behavioral questions. I did not get an on-site interview afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What is your strength?
      What is your weakness?
      Do you want to work alone or in a team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

College campus screening then a callback for a series of 5 interviews with various managers and engineers on site. The interview was mainly to assess how I interact with people, most questions were easy and about my resume.

Interview Questions

• Mainly about resume and experiences at internships   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Baton Rouge, LA) in October 2015.

Interview

University Recruiting: attended university career showcase, one-on-one interview for 1 hour, contacted by site to set up site visit and next round of interviews
    Site Visit: arrived evening prior to interviews to have dinner with host and other engineers, day of interviews consisted of three 45-minute interviews (mixture of behavioral and technical questions) and a 30-minute session with HR to discuss benefits.
    Note: My interview process was sped up due to an impending deadline for an offer from another company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were in a group, and a group member was getting off-track.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a technical decision in a short deadline.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by them through my university's recruiting process. I was interviewed on-campus the following week, with positive feedback within a week. I spent two months waiting for a response but was notified that the position I was being considered for had been filled.