ExxonMobil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.9

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

They call you in and set up an interview face to face, then you have to go out and meet the crew, they take you to a plant and teach you everything

Market Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

The company was professional but terse. I was expected to have extensive knowledge of managerial jargon even though I was applying for the post of analyst. Expect stress rounds. Personal life commitments are treated as red flags - they want you to be 100% committed to the company.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the campus hiring website. Then I attended the info session where they answered basic questions about how the interview process is. Last was the face to face interview and job offer in a couple days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a group problem and you came up with the solution   Answer Question

Advanced Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paulsboro, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Paulsboro, NJ).

Interview

Interview lasted from approximately 9am to 4:30pm, 5 interviews with various levels of employees (technical staff, first line supervisor, senior manager) with a 1 hour candidate seminar (including a Q&A from a technical audience) and a facility tour.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Ithaca, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Brief, but technical. Asked important personality questions but kept it to a more technical sense. Asked brain teaser questions that got people by surprise. Honestly just trying to get the glassdoor unlimited access.

Interview Questions

• What is the stress strain curve of an object composed of two materials   1 Answer

Full Time Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Denver, CO) in September 2017.

Interview

I met with Exxon at my Career Fair and was asked to interview two days later. I was asked behavioral type questions and about my work experience. It was a one on one interview, and the engineer doing the interview was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when something on your project was changed and how did you handle that?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisburg, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Lewisburg, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Sit down, character interview. they asked several questions about the type of person I was and my engineering experience. Overall it was intensive but not too difficult or tricky, in terms of the questions they asked.

Senior Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

One phone interview; a few in-office interviews. I felt like the company is very professional and very accommodating and I had a great experience. They don't try to trip you up, but make you feel very comfortable.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Galveston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Galveston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

My interview was very welcoming and friendly. The employees were very welcoming and so nice to me that made me really want to work there I go to the Exxon Mobile store everyday so I basically know all the employees that work there.

Interview Questions

• Why did i pick exxon mobil?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in July 2017.

Interview

I applied in April took a compentancy test in June and had a two hour interview in July- the process takes a while. The first hour was a technical interview aimed at my qualifications and experience. The second hour was a behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me if a time you skipped a step in a procedure to make it go faster   1 Answer
    • If you were doing as much as you can and we're still unable to finish all your tasks in one day how would make sure they were all done?   1 Answer
    • Tell me one thing you dislike about your current job   1 Answer