ExxonMobil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX).

Interview

Spoke at the career fair with a representative. Then applied online through the school career website, where 20 individuals from the engineering school were selected for on campus interviews. After that stage there was a phone screening which ultimately ended up with an all day interview/visit at the Houston campus. The night before was a recruitment dinner, which helped answer any questions you may have and is with younger engineers. All interviews were behavioral questions, as long as you prepare STAR examples beforehand you will be fine! People skills go a long way with EM, so it's best to be yourself. Process started in August and ended in November, went very smoothly and they really seem to care about you.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time you kept repeating something through trial and error and kept failing. How did you eventually overcome this challenge?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

You go thru a lengthy amount of interviews. Behavioral interviews and work history interview.
    Even after you get the job offer you still have to wait almost two moths for your information to come back.

Finance/Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX).

Interview

First an on campus interview, then interviewed at Houston. 3 interviews. 2 are behavioural and 1 is a mix of industry accounting and finance. Overall they just want to get to know you and they really care about your grades and specifically accounting knowledge. You get to meet many people and everyone is very nice.

Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Pensacola, FL) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied online, got a email to take phase 1 and then if you passed got invited to take phase 2 and then took phase 2 and if you pass that then possible get a interview. ExxonMobil called to set up a interview about a month after the test.

Dialer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Miami, FL) in April 2018.

Interview

It was quick and easy got the job on the first day the guy asked me a bunch of questions and I answered them. Pretty basic interview. Prerty fun interview but once u g t the job they start treating u bad

Interview Questions

• What are my strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX).

Interview

Initial Phone Screening and then a quick turnaround for in person interview. Met with 4 HR managers as part of the in person and received a call a week later with an offer.

Computational Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX).

Interview

I had one phone interview with three people on the other end. They told me that I should hear back from them within three weeks, at which time I might be invited for an on-site interview. After three weeks, I got an email saying "Personnel selection is difficult when a limited number of positions exist and a choice needs to be made between several outstanding candidates... we do not have a position to offer you at ExxonMobil." A few weeks later, I saw that the position was still listed as open on their website.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to give a summary of my research. The only other question that I specifically remember was about decomposition techniques for integer programs.   Answer Question

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

6-8 Interviews across a full day. I got assigned a new hire to be your contact and guide me from office to office - my guide took me to dinner the night before with a couple other employees. The discussions were very informal with managers. I mostly asked questions about their experience and listened. The hardest thing was to stay alert and awake during the long day.

Interview Questions

• Not much was asked of me - I just mostly listened to what the interviewers said about the company.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX).

Interview

The hiring process was great! It was about 1 1/2 long, interviewed with 4 people at two different time. In the past, I've always feared group interviews but the process was good.

Entry Level Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Beaumont, TX).

Interview

I had two interviewers one electrical engineer and another chemical. Interviewers were nice and friendly. They mainly asked behavioral questions but some questions were technical as well for example questions about my previous internship experience and what I did there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict at workplace and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question