FICO Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2017

2.8

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FICO (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quick and simple. Interview time and location were communicated through email. The interview itself lasted 120 minutes. Every 40 minutes new interviewers would come in and ask different questions. The interviewer really dug into my resume to make sure I had the necessary skills for the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FICO

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at FICO in March 2016.

Interview

Three interviews total: one phone interview followed by two Skype interviews. The first phone interview was a basic screening that was both behavioral and technical. Exactly one week later, I had two Skype interviews on the same day, and they were both entirely technical. Third interview had a fun question tailored according to what was on my resume.

Interview Questions

• What is object oriented programming?
      Explain polymorphism.
      Explain inheritance. Does Java support multiple inheritance?
      Assume someone has problems loading images on a page. How would you go about troubleshooting?
      Walk through an algorithm for creating a major scale (in music) given a starting note.
      Describe an independent side project.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FICO (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online through a job board. About a month after submitting my application I received an email asking to answer and submit a questionnaire regarding my experience and the job in question. Some time after that I received an email to schedule a phone interview. I received an on site interview about a week after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Java concepts, OOP concepts, explain previous work and experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Rafael, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Had multiple phone interviews, each with different teams, and the teams that liked me got involved in the on-site. My on-site consisted of 3 interviewers (only 1 team followed up with me, so I don't know how this would vary for people who match up with more), which really focused on my past experience and projects. There were a few technical questions, but they were really simple.

Interview Questions

• Situations where deadlock could occur.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Applied online, got a call for interview within 2 weeks, had a phone screening initially then 2 more interviews on phone. No onsite.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FICO (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2012.

Interview

This is a contracting position and people from Infosys interviewed me. No one from the client interviewed me. The interview went for about 60-90 minutes and they asked questions on Core Java, Hibernate, Spring, JSP, MVC, AOP, Database queries, Database concepts. The interview was done by two people who are working for Infosys in India. They didn’t mention their positions.

Interview Questions

• What is Dependency Injection and how did you use it in your past project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Jose, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

First I applied online on Linkedin for this position and after 2-3 days one of their recruiters called me. We scheduled the first phone interview. It went well and about one week after the phone interview I got an email from them asking me to appear for f2f interview at San Jose office.

Interview Questions

• What did you like in the job description that made you apply?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FICO (Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

1 technical and 1 HR was held.. They were really nice and encouraging us throughout the process. Mostly questions were based on the projects done and other things mentioned in CV

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thanesar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FICO (Thanesar (India)).

Interview

it had 3 rounds
    written having java and aptitude.. written was tough though and aptitude section was mostly having the questions of probability..
    then interview F2F.. 1 or 2 rounds technical of programming and ds and DBMS
    then final was HR

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raipur, Chhattisgarh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FICO (Raipur, Chhattisgarh (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

The process went on for two days.

Day 1 :- A pen and paper test was given consisting of 30 questions out of which 15 were technical questions related to JAVA and C++ other 15 questions were aptitude mostly from permutations and combinations and probabilities. 2 marks were awarded for every correct answer and there was a 50% negative for wrong answer.

11 students were shortlisted for interviews.

Day 2 :- The day began with Pre Placement Talk, after which the interviews started. There were 2 technical interviews and 1 HR interview. In the technical interviews questions were asked from data structures and programming only. In the HR round of interview they asked a few regular questions.

Note :- Communication was key to the interviews even the techincal interviewers asked questions about family, hobbies, etc to probe our communication proficiency.

5 students got selected.