FICO Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 11, 2017

2.8

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FICO (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

one phone call followed by onsite technical round and finally onsite meeting the vp of engineering.questions were based on your experience, I was more into cloud and java so questions were related to that

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FICO

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FICO (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quick and simple. Interview time and location were communicated through email. The interview itself lasted 120 minutes. Every 40 minutes new interviewers would come in and ask different questions. The interviewer really dug into my resume to make sure I had the necessary skills for the job.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at FICO in March 2016.

Interview

Three interviews total: one phone interview followed by two Skype interviews. The first phone interview was a basic screening that was both behavioral and technical. Exactly one week later, I had two Skype interviews on the same day, and they were both entirely technical. Third interview had a fun question tailored according to what was on my resume.

Interview Questions

• What is object oriented programming?
      Explain polymorphism.
      Explain inheritance. Does Java support multiple inheritance?
      Assume someone has problems loading images on a page. How would you go about troubleshooting?
      Walk through an algorithm for creating a major scale (in music) given a starting note.
      Describe an independent side project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FICO (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online through a job board. About a month after submitting my application I received an email asking to answer and submit a questionnaire regarding my experience and the job in question. Some time after that I received an email to schedule a phone interview. I received an on site interview about a week after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Java concepts, OOP concepts, explain previous work and experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Rafael, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Had multiple phone interviews, each with different teams, and the teams that liked me got involved in the on-site. My on-site consisted of 3 interviewers (only 1 team followed up with me, so I don't know how this would vary for people who match up with more), which really focused on my past experience and projects. There were a few technical questions, but they were really simple.

Interview Questions

• Situations where deadlock could occur.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Applied online, got a call for interview within 2 weeks, had a phone screening initially then 2 more interviews on phone. No onsite.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FICO (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2012.

Interview

This is a contracting position and people from Infosys interviewed me. No one from the client interviewed me. The interview went for about 60-90 minutes and they asked questions on Core Java, Hibernate, Spring, JSP, MVC, AOP, Database queries, Database concepts. The interview was done by two people who are working for Infosys in India. They didn’t mention their positions.

Interview Questions

• What is Dependency Injection and how did you use it in your past project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Jose, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

First I applied online on Linkedin for this position and after 2-3 days one of their recruiters called me. We scheduled the first phone interview. It went well and about one week after the phone interview I got an email from them asking me to appear for f2f interview at San Jose office.

Interview Questions

• What did you like in the job description that made you apply?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rajpura, Punjab (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FICO (Rajpura, Punjab (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

i applied through a college. first of all they told us about their company, where and on which technology fico works.
    PPT
    Written Test
    Technical & Hr interview

written test includes 30 mcq questions from which 15 are aptitude and other 15 are coding. then in module there is 3 written question like summary, skills, passion.
    top 150 students are eligible for fico
    from written test they selected 15 students and from interview they select 4 students

cons
     acutally they are getting late so that some student's technical interview is not done just from their hr interview they select it

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FICO (Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

First of all there was a written test which included 3 sections:
    1) Questions of aptitude mainly related to probability with medium difficulty level.
    2) MCQ's of Core Java and questions related to recursion and basic concepts.
    3) Questions to check the way you think.
    After this there were 2 interview rounds one including technical and the other one was HR.

Interview Questions

• In technical round questions from the written test were asked to check how you solved it , following a code to be written preferably using java related to DS. Then a few questions related to DBMS and XML..   Answer Question