FICO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FICO Interview Questions

Updated Oct 2, 2017

Interview

The interview process started with an inquiry from a recruiter, followed by a questionnaire exploring general qualifications for the position.
    A phone interview was followed by an onsite interview with five 1-on-1 meetings and a presentation. It was all organized efficiently and professionally.

Analytical Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

It was very organized. After meeting with the manager, I met with most two groups of two people each and then went to lunch with the manager and two other people on the team. It was very organized and the process wasn't stressful or very difficult.

Interview Questions

• How would you analyze a dataset with 1,000,000 observations and 10,000 variables.   1 Answer

Analytic Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a couple phone interviews, followed by an on-site day of 2-person panel interviews, and I was asked to give a talk on an area related to predictive analytics. The 2-person panel interviews were very friendly and allowed me to get a sense of the people I would be working with. There was a variety of questions on some basic probability concepts, machine learning algorithms, and computer programming, but all of the questions were very fair. Additionally, I was treated to lunch with a couple of the directors, which offered valuable insights into the company.

All in all it was one of the more comprehensive and refreshing interview experiences I've had.

Analytic Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at FICO (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process started with a brief 20 minute phone call with the talent recruiter. After this came an hour long call with a managing scientist. I was then contacted to come in to the FICO office in SD and completed several interviews with senior level scientists that culminated in me presenting some of my own analytical work.

Interview Questions

• You play a $5 gamble that pays off 2:1, you will continue to play the gamble until you win with an unlimited budget. What is the expected value of the game for your strategy?   1 Answer

Interview

A company recruiting team member reached out to me about the job. Recruiter has been professional, straightforward and helpful. After phone interviews, I was invited to an on-site interview. Another recruiting team member scheduled my travel and nicely accommodated all my travel preference. The on-site interviewing team was professional, knowledgable and respectful. The company generously coverers all travel expenses and I had a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• All reasonable questions. No unexpected/surprising questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FICO.

Interview

The interview process was filling out a questionnaire, a phone interview about the questionnaire and then 3 1:1 in person interviews. The process went by quickly. They made feel like I was priority to the company. They also checked references after the offer was made.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FICO (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

one phone call followed by onsite technical round and finally onsite meeting the vp of engineering.questions were based on your experience, I was more into cloud and java so questions were related to that

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at FICO (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. HR reached out to me based on my background and then I conducted interviews with the following people

HR phone screen, hiring manager interview, colleague interview, VP interview, Sales presentation, product interview.

Software Engineering - Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FICO (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I worked at FICO as an intern so my interview process might not apply to everyone. I applied online and received a call the day after. After 2-3 phone calls, we scheduled an on-site interview. The entire process took less than a week. The interview, which lasted for roughly 2 hours, was extremely laid back. As an ex-intern, I had a great experience getting interviewed by some of the people I already knew at the office. Two weeks later, I received a call with an offer, which I accepted.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FICO (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

1 hr phone interview, first 15 minutes introducing the data analytic team then go through past projects about 30 minutes, and a case interview about fraud detection Finally failed on fraud detection for feature selection(transaction, customer segmentation .etc). Try to thank away of your core expertise.

Interview Questions

• Given fraud detection and various features, how do you select to predict the fraud?   Answer Question