FICO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at FICO

Sort:

Lead Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Diego, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Fairly Standard, There was a phone screening, followed by a technical interview by a team. The technical interview was fairly detailed.

Then a cultural fit interview with a director.

Interview Questions

• Cultural fit interviewer asked me for 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fico HR does not have a lot of room to negotiate pay rates at this level. They stretched a little, but that took lots of approval from higher up.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Applied online, got a call for interview within 2 weeks, had a phone screening initially then 2 more interviews on phone. No onsite.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Jose, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

First I applied online on Linkedin for this position and after 2-3 days one of their recruiters called me. We scheduled the first phone interview. It went well and about one week after the phone interview I got an email from them asking me to appear for f2f interview at San Jose office.

Interview Questions

• What did you like in the job description that made you apply?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Rafael, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Had multiple phone interviews, each with different teams, and the teams that liked me got involved in the on-site. My on-site consisted of 3 interviewers (only 1 team followed up with me, so I don't know how this would vary for people who match up with more), which really focused on my past experience and projects. There were a few technical questions, but they were really simple.

Interview Questions

• Situations where deadlock could occur.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FICO (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

one phone call followed by onsite technical round and finally onsite meeting the vp of engineering.questions were based on your experience, I was more into cloud and java so questions were related to that

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FICO (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2012.

Interview

This is a contracting position and people from Infosys interviewed me. No one from the client interviewed me. The interview went for about 60-90 minutes and they asked questions on Core Java, Hibernate, Spring, JSP, MVC, AOP, Database queries, Database concepts. The interview was done by two people who are working for Infosys in India. They didn’t mention their positions.

Interview Questions

• What is Dependency Injection and how did you use it in your past project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FICO (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online through a job board. About a month after submitting my application I received an email asking to answer and submit a questionnaire regarding my experience and the job in question. Some time after that I received an email to schedule a phone interview. I received an on site interview about a week after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Java concepts, OOP concepts, explain previous work and experience   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FICO (Denver, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

Two 30 minute phone screenings (HR with recruiter and technical with the hiring engineer) followed by a technical on-site interview that lasted 3 hours. The on-site interview involved three 45 minute sessions with different members of the team, as well as two 1-on-1 sessions with the principal engineer. The first two sessions were technical in nature, testing my general knowledge, as well as my technical and problem solving abilities. The first session was a mix of Q&A followed by white-board psuedocode, while the second half was a pair-programming session in two different environments I'd be using.

The last session was another Q&A discussing my ability to work in a team environment as well as competency in software development practices.

Interview Questions

• Using psuedo-code, how would you go about implementing a linked-list?   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Got the interview call through college hire and was called for F2F interview. There were 5 rounds and took around 4 hrs. Interviewers made me feel very comfortable and were interested in knowing what I did/knew and about my interests rather than finding out what i didn't know:) Interviews included both technical and non-technical questions and was more like a discussion.

Interview Questions

• Java concepts and some other questions related to MS projects   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

1 Skype round, 4 Webex round, 7 onsite interviews in San Jose office for DevOps Engineer II role. I was given the verbal offer and then revoked because I negotiated and joining dates were not clear. Overall, experience was negative, unprofessional, impolite and indecisive about the offer.