FICO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FICO Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2018

Scientist II Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at FICO.

Interview

HR phone screen, technical phone interview, then was brought on site for a day involving 3-4 panels, lunch, and a talk. All around pleasant and fair. Good experience. Received offer the following day, no lowball or games.

Interview Questions

• How to print numbers from 1 to 100 in bash?   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I initially had a phone interview followed by two on campus interviews(which happened on the same day). The phone interviewer asked em about my programming experience, along with some questions related to object oriented programming.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about data Structures and array, and more complex questions that followed, regarding array manipulation and time complexity.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FICO.

Interview

Flawless! From the moment I was contacted by HR they were super responsive and made sure to follow up when they said they would. I proactively received communication just to let me know they were stil making final decisions. Overall a pleasure to work with

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult people?   1 Answer

Facilities Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FICO (San Jose, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The Hiring and Interview Process went very smoothly and quickly.
    I was approached by the Director of Real Estate about a potential Facilities Manager position with this company. I was then contacted by the Lead Talent Acquisitions Recruiter about the position and interviews were set up in various locations. All the interviews with FICO employees and managers went very smoothly and efficiently. Also, during this process, Since I interviewed for a previous position from last year, a lot of my previous interview questions/answers were accessed and used to determine my skills and experience for this position. It was noted that I was a little thin on management experience so it was decided during the candidate selection process that the managerial position would be reclassified as a Facilities Administrator position. I was offered the position after a great deal of consultation between the FICO Facilities and Human Resource teams. I immediately accepted the job offer after having the updated job description presented to me. The Background Check and Employment Onboarding process directed by the Lead Talent Acquisitions Recruiter, the Facilities Operations Manager and the FICO Human Resources team which went smoothly and all questions regarding it were answered professionally, promptly and diligently.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style and how do you apply it to work with our staff?   Answer Question

Interview

The interview process started with an inquiry from a recruiter, followed by a questionnaire exploring general qualifications for the position.
    A phone interview was followed by an onsite interview with five 1-on-1 meetings and a presentation. It was all organized efficiently and professionally.

Analytical Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

It was very organized. After meeting with the manager, I met with most two groups of two people each and then went to lunch with the manager and two other people on the team. It was very organized and the process wasn't stressful or very difficult.

Interview Questions

• How would you analyze a dataset with 1,000,000 observations and 10,000 variables.   1 Answer

Analytic Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a couple phone interviews, followed by an on-site day of 2-person panel interviews, and I was asked to give a talk on an area related to predictive analytics. The 2-person panel interviews were very friendly and allowed me to get a sense of the people I would be working with. There was a variety of questions on some basic probability concepts, machine learning algorithms, and computer programming, but all of the questions were very fair. Additionally, I was treated to lunch with a couple of the directors, which offered valuable insights into the company.

All in all it was one of the more comprehensive and refreshing interview experiences I've had.

Analytic Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at FICO (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process started with a brief 20 minute phone call with the talent recruiter. After this came an hour long call with a managing scientist. I was then contacted to come in to the FICO office in SD and completed several interviews with senior level scientists that culminated in me presenting some of my own analytical work.

Interview Questions

• You play a $5 gamble that pays off 2:1, you will continue to play the gamble until you win with an unlimited budget. What is the expected value of the game for your strategy?   1 Answer

Interview

A company recruiting team member reached out to me about the job. Recruiter has been professional, straightforward and helpful. After phone interviews, I was invited to an on-site interview. Another recruiting team member scheduled my travel and nicely accommodated all my travel preference. The on-site interviewing team was professional, knowledgable and respectful. The company generously coverers all travel expenses and I had a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• All reasonable questions. No unexpected/surprising questions.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FICO in August 2017.

Interview

Very informal. Interviewer was more concerned with speaking at length and being agreed with. There were only basic questions related to the actual position. This interview was more a test of ego than of qualifications.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage cost related to a Statement of Work   1 Answer