FICO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FICO Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FICO (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

The local team leader reached out to me. When I said I wasn't interested in a new position, he persisted, and I was willing to discuss their development. It was worth it! The discussion and follow-up discussion were very cordial and productive.

Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Rafael, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very smooth and quick. Kathy called me and coordinated everything from A to Z with great professionalism. The process took about 3-4 weeks.
    1. I had the first touch with Kathy, then
    2. a technical phone interview (about 1hour), then
    3. an on-site interviews with the team in San Rafael, then
    4. short phone interview with the VP of analytic, then
    5. written test,

The process seems long, but it wasn't actually.

Interview Questions

• Mainly review of my CV and some questions about mathematical optimization   Answer Question

Analytic Science Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within 1 week by HR to forward them a resumé. Soon after, I was offered a phone interview which took ~1 hour.

Within a month, I was contacted again about scheduling a day to go in person to the office for a full interview. This interview consisted of multiple 1-2 person panels. Each panel was a back and forth conversation discussing my previous experience, or asking questions.

The company took me out to lunch, then after lunch I gave a 1 hour seminar talk with a short QA sessions after. There was one last panel at the end of the day.

Soon after I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Many problem solving questions were asked, one example is what is the probability to get heads at least once when flipping a coin 10 times?   Answer Question

Analytic Science Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FICO (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me to interview for the position of Analytical Scientist. The entire process took one week. I first interviewed with an HR person, then the department hiring manager then I was asked to come in for an in-person interview with. The in-person interview took about 3 hours and was asked moderately easy questions. No real technical question (i.e. no programming).

Interview Questions

• 1. I was asked about sampling designs. Data may be too large to fit into a model, so what's an appropriate sampling design? (More conceptual, less theoretical)

2. I was asked about data integrity and validation. Data cleaning, detecting anomalies, etc.

3. How would you handle missing data? What are some common statistical data imputation techniques?

4. How would you detect outliers? What is an influential outlier?

5. I was asked about model/variable selection process.

6. I was asked about technical skills: Python, Perl, C++, Unix

7. Why do you want to work at FICO?
      Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

1 Skype round, 4 Webex round, 7 onsite interviews in San Jose office for DevOps Engineer II role. I was given the verbal offer and then revoked because I negotiated and joining dates were not clear. Overall, experience was negative, unprofessional, impolite and indecisive about the offer.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FICO (Bozeman, MT) in November 2016.

Interview

I was recruited via linkedin by a local senior director giving me a background of FICO and what they were looking for. He put me in contact with another senior director who sat down with me to discuss my interests. He gave me an idea of what to expect and a timeline. Later, he contacted me as things progressed in a concentration area I was interested in and set up a 4 hour interview (an hour per person including both senior directors and 2 people in the role I was interested in). I received feedback in a couple weeks and then we touched base a month later as the position progressed.

Interview Questions

• It was primarily a conversation with each person more so that direct questions. They were character based interviews more so than form based.   1 Answer

Software QA Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was really straight forward. Had a phone screen with HR. Then one with the hiring manager. Went onsite for about a half day worth of interviews. Got an offer the following week. The package was very standard and fair. The whole process took about 3 weeks to complete.

Interview Questions

• Add a computed attribute to a full binary search tree.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FICO (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview is a day long. You will have 4 sessions with 2 people each. They will treat you to lunch. There is also a presentation. They will appear smart and ask you wide breadth and deep depth questions. However, they don't really do anything complicated themselves. They will cover programming/engineering, Big Data, and Machine Learning/AI/Data Mining. All they do is use some basic Big Data tools (Storm, Spark/Scala, Hadoop, etc...) to process data to feed into a neural network to detect anomalies (e.g. cybersecurity and financial risk). They took a lot of notes from what I said, but I didn't learn much from them; they won't answer any of your probing questions and will dance around your questions, especially if you ask them about how they tune their neural networks.

Interview Questions

• Given the word, "pepper," what are the number of ways to create words (valid or not) using the letters in this word?   2 Answers
    • What is a distribution you may use to model data whose range of input values is [0, N]?   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FICO (Denver, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

Two 30 minute phone screenings (HR with recruiter and technical with the hiring engineer) followed by a technical on-site interview that lasted 3 hours. The on-site interview involved three 45 minute sessions with different members of the team, as well as two 1-on-1 sessions with the principal engineer. The first two sessions were technical in nature, testing my general knowledge, as well as my technical and problem solving abilities. The first session was a mix of Q&A followed by white-board psuedocode, while the second half was a pair-programming session in two different environments I'd be using.

The last session was another Q&A discussing my ability to work in a team environment as well as competency in software development practices.

Interview Questions

• Using psuedo-code, how would you go about implementing a linked-list?   Answer Question

Analytic Consultant I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FICO in August 2016.

Interview

A company representative came to my college career fair. Then I applied the job online. Two weeks later I was asked for a phone interview that scheduled in the next week. The phone interview took about 15 minutes. I was asked some general questions like location, education, etc.. Result came out in another week.