FactSet Software Engineer Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

The whole process was very quick and professional. HR Rep handled the whole process and it only took about a month from the email to offer package. Submitted application online. Was contacted for phone interview. Then got flown out for onsite interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Interview

Initially had a phone interview which began with an overview of the company and the internship program. Then the interviewer asked some basic technical questions and some behavioral questions.

About a week and a half after that, I received a positive response and was called in for an on site interview. The on-site began with 3 technical interviews, beginning with a code review. I was given code in c++, which I am not too familiar with because my background is mainly Java/Python, but the interview was more focused on the concepts used than the actual syntax. The second interview was a design interview, and the third was a algorithms/data structures interview.

Then, another interviewee and I were taken out to lunch by two former interns and then the remaining interview was with one of the senior directors and was more behavioral.

Overall, everyone I encountered was pleasant and seemed like they really enjoyed working there.

Internship Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview was a little strange. The interviewer did not ask any questions about me. Didn't ask about my school, courses, previous jobs, and projects. The entire interview consisted of two technical question. The first question was to reverse a string, and the second question was to find a loop in a linked list.

Interview Questions

• write an algorithm to reverse a string.   Answer Question
    • Given a linked list, write an algorithm to find any loops in the list. The algorithm must run in O(n) time, where n is the length of the list.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (London, England (UK)) in April 2012.

Interview

2 sets of interviews: 1 with 2 Software Engineerings and 1 other with 2 HR people.

First one asked programming bases questions to find out how much you know the basics of your main language and then going through some code, explaining what it does and running them through a run of the code.

Second was a meeting with HR people, explaining reasons for appling to the job and the skills you have to bring.

Interview Questions

• How work you work out all the prime numbers up to a given range?   3 Answers
    • Going through some code explaining what it did, was a function with 2 parameters calcuating a^b with recusion and showing how it is executed   Answer Question
    • General HR questions, why you want to work here, why you do you degree, team working, leader etc etc   Answer Question