FactSet Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FactSet Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet in February 2017.

Interview

ask some basic data structure and ood questions, and some project background and what is your question and tell me about yourself it is not very difficult the interviewer is very good and talk very happyask some basic data structure and ood questions, and some project background and what is your question and tell me about yourself it is not very difficult the interviewer is very good and talk very happy

Interview Questions

• search time in arraylist vs vector   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview is not so difficult. Mainly focus on the basic data structure. For example compare merge sort and quick sort. And some basic problems about Object Object pattern of C++. And a very easy algorithm problem

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FactSet (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

I've been applying in wustl career fair. And got an interview on next day morning. It's too soon for me that I don't even have time to prepare so I got denied.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online through our school's online career board. Extremely fast turnaround with notification for interview in less than a week. I met with an software engineer in-person for a 1:1 interview on campus. Standard technical interview, asked about data structures (in my case hash tables) followed by a coding question. The interviewer was fairly enthusiastic and open to discussing the ins and outs of the company.

Interview Questions

• Asked me how to check if a string is a palindrome. Followed up by asking how to check if inserting, deleting, or replacing a character would result in a palindrome.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet in November 2016.

Interview

I applied FactSet on the campus career fair and got a campus interview on next day. Later I've received an onsite interview invitation. The onsite interview has many rounds which contain technique interviews and HR/Manager interviews. The whole process is smooth and comfortable. People there are really nice and smart.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet in October 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview which is basically a screening process. I have a background in data analysis but my interview mostly consisted of data structures and multi-threading. I couldn't answer clearly and it was definitely my fault that I didn't review data structures and threads to brush up the concepts. For any future aspirants I would advice you to go through data structures and threads.

Interview Questions

• What are the requirements for an object to be used as a hash key for a given HashMap?
      Given a network thread and set of worker threads, how would you manage the processing of the data?
      How would you make sure that all data has been processed from the network queue?
      How would you make sure while distributing the network load that the threads are not busy?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It's not always quick and easy to get hired. The job interview process can be lengthy. Being interviewed once and getting a job offer is typically a thing of the past. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews, and even third interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

Onsite Interview
    Some tech questions about algo and data structure and object oriented design
    and talk with director about my intern experience and web develop.
    Lunch with two engineers.
    Great culture and people here.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Just an online test and then they would give you phone interview. I applied for an intern position and heard back quickly from a HR. You just need to schedule finish 3 online test technical problems.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do your think about FactSet.
      2.What kind of environment you want to work in?
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet in September 2016.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at the University Career fair and they encouraged me to apply online.
    Got a phone interview scheduled.
    During the phone interview asked me about my previous work and some data structure questions.
    Was expecting Java questions but asked me a lot of C++/C questions.
    Couldn't understand the interviewer at times.
    Also had me go online to type out some algorithms on collabedit.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a circular Queue?   Answer Question
    • How can you check if a Binary Tree is a Binary Search Tree   1 Answer