FactSet Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FactSet Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Interview

HR was really nice and very prompt. However interviewer seemed to be a software engineer with not much background in interviewing people. Even though I applied for a software engineer position and I informed him that I have not worked with web technologies much, he kept on asking web related stuff instead of OOP concept or any programming question or anything in general other than web technologies.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

On campus interview. 30 mins. Two interviewers. Ask questions regarding resume, what have you contributed to the projects, what are the most interesting part etc. then ask an algorithm problem. Need to answer on whiteboard. Very nice interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Two sum maybe with duplicates. Find all sum combination to the given target. No duplicates are allowed.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet in February 2017.

Interview

ask some basic data structure and ood questions, and some project background and what is your question and tell me about yourself it is not very difficult the interviewer is very good and talk very happyask some basic data structure and ood questions, and some project background and what is your question and tell me about yourself it is not very difficult the interviewer is very good and talk very happy

Interview Questions

• search time in arraylist vs vector   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FactSet in February 2017.

Interview

Met recruiter in a career fair at my university and handed over my resume.Got an email for technical phone interview (30 mins).I scheduled it for the next week.Was all prepared with data sturcture,oops,dbms concepts.One hour before my interview I got an email from the interviewer that it would not just be a technical phone interview,rather it would be a live coding session on collabedit.I was not prepared for this but I had no choice.He asked me just one problem solving question and interview went for 45 mins.I got a reject mail the next day.

Interview Questions

• input would be like key- value pair.for eg this- that,is-was,like-for ...and given a string with no spaces we have to replace any string which is in the key part of the map with the value part.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview is not so difficult. Mainly focus on the basic data structure. For example compare merge sort and quick sort. And some basic problems about Object Object pattern of C++. And a very easy algorithm problem

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FactSet (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

I've been applying in wustl career fair. And got an interview on next day morning. It's too soon for me that I don't even have time to prepare so I got denied.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online through our school's online career board. Extremely fast turnaround with notification for interview in less than a week. I met with an software engineer in-person for a 1:1 interview on campus. Standard technical interview, asked about data structures (in my case hash tables) followed by a coding question. The interviewer was fairly enthusiastic and open to discussing the ins and outs of the company.

Interview Questions

• Asked me how to check if a string is a palindrome. Followed up by asking how to check if inserting, deleting, or replacing a character would result in a palindrome.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet in November 2016.

Interview

I applied FactSet on the campus career fair and got a campus interview on next day. Later I've received an onsite interview invitation. The onsite interview has many rounds which contain technique interviews and HR/Manager interviews. The whole process is smooth and comfortable. People there are really nice and smart.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet in October 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview which is basically a screening process. I have a background in data analysis but my interview mostly consisted of data structures and multi-threading. I couldn't answer clearly and it was definitely my fault that I didn't review data structures and threads to brush up the concepts. For any future aspirants I would advice you to go through data structures and threads.

Interview Questions

• What are the requirements for an object to be used as a hash key for a given HashMap?
      Given a network thread and set of worker threads, how would you manage the processing of the data?
      How would you make sure that all data has been processed from the network queue?
      How would you make sure while distributing the network load that the threads are not busy?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It's not always quick and easy to get hired. The job interview process can be lengthy. Being interviewed once and getting a job offer is typically a thing of the past. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews, and even third interviews.