FactSet Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 14, 2017

228 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT).

Interview

Process consists of an initial 30 minute technical phone interview. I was asked about my experience, then some simple technical questions (explain what hash map is and how it works, describe a function to reverse a string, what is the difference between a scripting and a compiled language).

Next, I was flown to their Norwalk HQ for a round of onsite interviews. The hotel was comfortable and FactSet provided transportation to and from the airport. The onsite consisted of 5 rounds of interviews. There was a debugging round in which I had to find errors in a linked list implementation, an algorithms/data structures round consisting of simple string manipulation, an OOP round where I had to model a parking garage using OOP principles, a fit round where I had to talk to a Director about my background (how did you become interested in software), and finally a talk with the recruiter where we discussed logistics.

The recruiter was always extremely slow to respond (sometimes took weeks to email back), but otherwise the interview experience was very nice overall. The entire process from phone screen to offer took just over a month.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview with online editor. Had a brief introduction to the interviewer and the company. After which, I talked about one of my projects on my resume. Then I was asked some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between javascript, java and python?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between linked list and array? what are their access time complexities?   Answer Question
    • what is a recursion?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between Static vs. dynamic typing of programming languages?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between the java and c++ memory management.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet in October 2017.

Interview

Got a 30 minute in-person interview. Talked about my previous experiences and work preference. Asked basic OOP questions. Question wasn't hard but was nervous so I struggled through it. Got the solution in the end.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers, count the total number of 3s and 5s digits that appear in the array (ex. 305 would be counted as 2).   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

The whole process went on 45 minutes. However, unlike the other interview, it took like 43 minutes to ask me details about projects on my resume. And only 2 minutes for me to resolve a programming question.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet in September 2017.

Interview

Met them at campus career fair. One phone screen before the onsite. 3 technical interviews and a behavioral. Know your algo and ds and you'll be fine. Everyone was very friendly and easy to talk to.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FactSet in September 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me asking me if I would interview. In a few days we had a technical interview over the phone. They process moved quickly and was painless. Interview question was very easily and I finished quickly. Then we discussed how to optimize together.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet in September 2017.

Interview

It's a 45 minutes phone interview, which was supposed to be a general technical interview. However, the interviewer spent 43 minutes asking questions about projects on my resume and at the last 2 minutes, asked to me do OOD.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

I applied online after going to a job fair and received an e-mail saying I would be contacted for a over the phone technical interview. During the phone interview, I was asked a few simple OO questions and was told I would be contacted about an in-person interview later. I never received any information and when I contacted them again I was told they'd be looking for other candidates.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would associate specific values with specific strings   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Had one on campus interview in a job fair. One telephonic screening interview which was easy and covered the fundamentals of algorithms and data structures. A series of technical and HR interviews on-site.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Interview

HR was really nice and very prompt. However interviewer seemed to be a software engineer with not much background in interviewing people. Even though I applied for a software engineer position and I informed him that I have not worked with web technologies much, he kept on asking web related stuff instead of OOP concept or any programming question or anything in general other than web technologies.