FactSet Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FactSet Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 7, 2017

233 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Introduction and technical questions about resume and complete an algorithm problem. The interviewer is a frontend engineer and asked questions mostly about that part. Did not finish the algorithm problem because time left for coding part was somewhat limited.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Software Engineer() Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet in November 2017.

Interview

Everyone at FactSet was friendly and professional. Algorithms and object-oriented design questions weren't challenging.

Only issue is that they didn't give me a choice when choosing a language. They made me answer questions and interview in C++ even though I don't list C++ on my resume and told them repeatedly I don't know the language.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Only made it to the first round phone interview, they asked basic object oriented questions. Talk about inheritance Vs. abstraction. Then a coding challenge which you could use any language. They gave me a problem about string compression.

Interview Questions

• String compression program challenge.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT).

Interview

Process consists of an initial 30 minute technical phone interview. I was asked about my experience, then some simple technical questions (explain what hash map is and how it works, describe a function to reverse a string, what is the difference between a scripting and a compiled language).

Next, I was flown to their Norwalk HQ for a round of onsite interviews. The hotel was comfortable and FactSet provided transportation to and from the airport. The onsite consisted of 5 rounds of interviews. There was a debugging round in which I had to find errors in a linked list implementation, an algorithms/data structures round consisting of simple string manipulation, an OOP round where I had to model a parking garage using OOP principles, a fit round where I had to talk to a Director about my background (how did you become interested in software), and finally a talk with the recruiter where we discussed logistics.

The recruiter was always extremely slow to respond (sometimes took weeks to email back), but otherwise the interview experience was very nice overall. The entire process from phone screen to offer took just over a month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview with online editor. Had a brief introduction to the interviewer and the company. After which, I talked about one of my projects on my resume. Then I was asked some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between javascript, java and python?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between linked list and array? what are their access time complexities?   Answer Question
    • what is a recursion?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between Static vs. dynamic typing of programming languages?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between the java and c++ memory management.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

The whole process went on 45 minutes. However, unlike the other interview, it took like 43 minutes to ask me details about projects on my resume. And only 2 minutes for me to resolve a programming question.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet in October 2017.

Interview

Got a 30 minute in-person interview. Talked about my previous experiences and work preference. Asked basic OOP questions. Question wasn't hard but was nervous so I struggled through it. Got the solution in the end.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers, count the total number of 3s and 5s digits that appear in the array (ex. 305 would be counted as 2).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in October 2017.

Interview

3 rounds of technical interview.
    1. code review (class error)
    2. ood (BlackJack)
    3. algorithm (implement queue with stack, skyline problem)
    Also 1 round HR and AD.
    Staffs are all nice and friendly. Office is new and quiet.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Submitted Resume in GHC. After a week, I have arranged a phone interview with a software engineer. The interview went well. I have been asked two technical question. One is FizzBuzz and another is max stack.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to print Fizz Buzz   Answer Question
    • Implement stack functions and add one more function that can find the maxima in stack.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet in September 2017.

Interview

Met them at campus career fair. One phone screen before the onsite. 3 technical interviews and a behavioral. Know your algo and ds and you'll be fine. Everyone was very friendly and easy to talk to.