FireEye Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FireEye Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2018

3.1

Senior Staff Build Release Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FireEye.

Interview

FireEye, I hope you see this if you want some feedback about how possibly improving your recruitment process. By following your current approach you are likely only going to get betas at best and that is a long shot.

I was reached out by a recruiter through LinkedIn and we scheduled a phone call after exchanging some details through linkedin msgs about the position.

I was told by the recruiter herself to contact via text msg in advance to the interview to remind her about the scheduled call. In case she forgets to call. This was my first red flag.

I texted 15 mins before the interview and got re-scheduled because... she forgot about it and was busy. At this point I was disappointed on FireEye but decided not to drop it, I mean, anyone could have a bad day any given day so we re-scheduled.

I was told, once again, to text the recruiter in case she forgets to call and to have my salary expectations ready, and I quote, "please within reason" since she does not have the time to deal with long calls with candidates. The lack of professionalism at this point was beyond anything I had experienced in my entire career.

I did not text her in advance this time to remind her about the scheduled phone call and, expectedly, I did not get any phone call at the agreed time. I guess my inability to follow simple instructions was at fault for not reminding her to call me, at the agreed time.

Fast-forward one month from those events and now I just received an automated email from FireEye (extract below).

I guess I dodged a big bullet with FireEye since this nightmare of a "process" does not speak well about your culture:

> "Although you have many skills that would allow you to contribute at FireEye, there are other candidates in the process that fit our current needs."
    I suppose those other candidates that fit your process have the time to keep the calendar of the recruiter working just fine and are good at making phone calls to do the FireEye recruiters' job for them.

>"Should another opportunity become available that matches your background, we will not hesitate to contact you.
     Thanks, but no thanks.

>"Please feel free to check out our website for additional positions that may interest you."
    I indeed took a look at your website to see if I could find some position of my interest and I found you are looking for recruiters and sr compensation consultant. Since I only need to forget making calls and insult people by asking them to work underpaid (within reason) I feel entitled to get any of these.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to text them in advance of the phone call in case they forget to call   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FireEye (Draper, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview consisted of a phone interview, and a face-to-face interview. The face-to-face interview was grueling and an individual interviewer named Rich was not friendly at all. The panel format of the interview was very difficult as you essentially had 4 individuals questioning you at once.

Interview Questions

• Please explain the troubleshooting methodology for mail not sending from a server?   Answer Question

Oct 4, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback and we are regretful to hear about your negative experience. We take all critical feedback very seriously and want all applicants to have the best experience possible... More

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FireEye (Detroit, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

They post a job on Linkedin; you submit your cover letter and resume. A recruiter responds to you within hours if your experience is in a related field; however this recruiter doesn't necessarily read your letter & resume thoroughly, which is evidenced by the questions he will ask during initial screening. He then presents his findings to "the team" and indicates that you should ping him via email within 5 business days if you do not hear from him by then.

Interview Questions

• What was your W-2 and quota achievement over past 3 years; year-by-year? (Kept drilling down. This was the almost entire focus of the 20-minute conversation.)   1 Answer

Nov 8, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for letting us know about your experience interviewing with us at FireEye. We are appreciative of any feedback, as we make every effort for a positive and enjoyable candidate experience... More

Associate HRBP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FireEye (Milpitas, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

One onsite interview and five phone interviews with no further communication from the hiring manager. Not even a "thank you" for spending hours interviewing with the team. Reached out the recruiter, and was told the position was on hold. However, the position is still posted on FireEye's careers' site. Real professional!

Nov 8, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

FireEye strives for a positive interview experience for all candidates. This experience is not the norm and we are very sorry to hear about your negative interview experience with us. Thank you for... More

Cloud Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FireEye (Remote, OR) in August 2017.

Interview

A recruiter phone screen that included a question about expected salary was first. I really appreciate that question as it can save a lot of time for both sides.

Following this was a coding challenge with a four-hour time limit. It took me three hours, and 30 minutes of that was just installing requisite (open source) software. I actually had to teach myself how to use several libraries while I performed the challenge. Someone with prior experience with the libraries could reasonable finish the entire thing in a little over an hour. I was told the language ahead of time but nothing else. It was a really well put-together code challenge; I was impressed with its scope, realism, and clarity.

We scheduled a 30 minute call to go over my solution together which mostly involved a brief pass to explain my design decisions and then a series of questions about "how would you do X differently were this in production." It was short and sweet.

The entire process was very polite. I was not considered for further interviews as while they stated they were impressed with my skills, they decided to move forward with someone else. (I believe the competition was willing to work for a significantly lower salary, which is totally fine.)

Interview Questions

• How would you implement <this data structure relevant to my program> if this code were to be scaled up and used in production?   Answer Question

Oct 4, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for taking your time to interview for a position at FireEye. We are happy to hear you had a positive experience with us. Although you may not have been considered for this specific... More

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at FireEye (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

The process was excellent, well organized and the recruiter was very responsive through each step. The company moves quickly so be prepared and flexible to align with the recruiters schedule. Overall, I think FireEye has the best process and overall candidate experience compared to 30+ interviews I went through.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about experience. Some situational Qs. Def come prepared -- FireEye moves quickly in search of the best talent out there.   Answer Question

Oct 4, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Your positive experience is exactly what we strive for at FireEye! We are thrilled to hear you felt your candidate experience was the best out of 30+. FireEye takes the onboarding experience very... More

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FireEye in June 2017.

Interview

Got contacted by the HR. She connected me directly to the hiring manager. He gave m an exercise to solve. I submitted it within 3 days. kept following up but never heard back. Got a mail after a month saying they have hired an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• Data Analysis exercise related to their day to day work. Wasn't too tough. understanding the data is challenging though.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FireEye in May 2017.

Interview

Process was good. I don't remember exactly when I applied for internship, but I got call on the last week of May (one week was left for CPT deadline in my university!)Interviewer was very knowledgeable, and friendly. Tested on Networking skills, and programming skills. Nice experience!

Interview Questions

• Had a lot of questions on Networking protocols (all OSI layers)   1 Answer
    • Coding questions - count number of set bits etc   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FireEye in May 2017.

Interview

I had 2 phone-screens for internship program. First round was with manager and it was mostly resume based. He asked about my projects, basic OS questions on pipes, file systems and system calls and networking concepts.I was then asked to share my screen, logged into Hackerrank for a coding question in any language I was comfortable with.
    Second round was also on networks, database(my prior work experience based) and coding. They were basically seeing the approach towards the problems and how quickly I can correct my mistakes.

Hadoop Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FireEye in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I had a phone call with HR and two phone interviews with the team. The interview was fast and smooth. HR team were very clear and communicative. NO site interview for intern positions.