Fisher Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fisher Investments Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.7

Investor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

phone interview with their HR person. went well. i was told at the end that i'd be moved forward to the next interview in the process and would hear back by the end of the following week. never heard back until a month later with an email saying no job offer.

Interview Questions

• they ask your expected salary   1 Answer

Investment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

The first round was easy. The person I spoke to was very friendly and joked around instead of asking the questions like a robot. They asked about any conflict you've had in, more speciifcally in a group. They also wanted to know why you wanted to work at Fisher so make sure you have a unique answer for that.

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA).

Interview

Initial contact with Fisher happened at a university career fair followed by one phone interview and one video interview. The final round of interviews took place at HQ in Camas, WA.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with capital markets?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Provo, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Met rep at a college career fair, the interview took place the next day. The interview was very relaxed with a couple of behavioral questions but mostly just a presentation about the company. Felt like they didn't actually care that much about getting to know me, instead they were just trying to sell the company.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time when you have succeeded when other's have failed?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (West Lafayette, IN) in February 2017.

Interview

30 minutes of questions and discussion followed by 15 minutes of company and job description. The interviewer was very well put together, organized, and clearly knew what talent the company is looking for. Fisher Investments will hire from any major, they have an in depth 1 year training process and are confident that they can teach their new hires what is needed to be successful and competitive in their industry. They still give preference to finance and business majors. Fisher Investment's is a very ethical company and is most concerned with hiring great people, not just skillful workers.

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

The process took around 2 months. They really just want to see if you are a good fit for their team. The interviewers were very friendly. It helps to stay on top of them for getting back to you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

After a brief phone call, I was asked to come in for a site interview that included a tour and a 40 minute interview. Shortly thereafter I was notified that they would like to move forward with the interview process, and they scheduled a final phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. Why do you want to work for FI? What are you most proud of accomplishing in the last four years?   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

The interview process was very well structured and helped me learn a lot about the company and the positions available. Began with a phone interview where I had a great chat and then three rounds of onsite interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Had a phone screening interview, followed by a skype interview, followed by an onsite interview. Got the impression they were trying to meet some kind of quota and not interested in actually hiring as interview process was rather expictided and impersonal. Didn't spell my name right.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of questions about explaining difficult topics.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA).

Interview

Had connections with some of the employees from FI visiting campus. Passed along my resume and was asked to come to an interview on campus. It went well, not long after I got a call from another recruiter for another interview over the phone and then on Skype. Completed those and was moved onto the interview in Camas, WA. Interviewed with three team leaders within Client Services (before this recruiters and I mostly talked about talent acquisition). Was supposed to hear back within two weeks but didn't hear back until after a month later being told I didn't get the position.

Overall, the experience was great except for the delay of them getting back to me.