Fisher Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA).

Interview

First interview was on the phone; lasted about 45 minutes. The interviewer asked about my experience as it pertains to the position. She was able to answer all of my questions about the position and the corporate culture of fisher and organizational structure.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your experience as it pertains to this position   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

Phone Interview then an onsite for a superday, mostly low stress. The people were fairly friendly - the culture seemed a bit cult-ish with people talking about Ken Fisher like a god

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about Fisher - the founder, company philosophy, their products, etc.   Answer Question

Investment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Dallas, TX) in May 2020.

Interview

A recruited called me after a couple exchanges via email. Talked about basic previous experiences and qualifications, nothing out of the ordinary. After reading the reviews for the company I really started disliking them. During the interview they tried to get me to talk bad about my last employer by asking the same question in different formats but really looking for a particular answer. They guy didn't seem inviting. Most of the bad reviews are right. This company seems like a cult of Ken Fisher and if you don't like his method and ways of doing things then dont work there. Seems like all decisions from investment to hiring decisions are made by Ken Fisher and his four disciples in his investment committee. The regional "leaders" who runs the branches dont have any decision at all.

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

I applied through their FIsher Careers page for post-grad roles. After submitting I was contacted via email by a recruiter no more than 2 weeks later. This was followed by a phone interview with a recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how your experience may apply to this position?   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

Online application followed by brief phone interview with recruiters. Was first introduced to Fisher through campus recruiting. I was able to visit the campus in Plano through a university program.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where you had to work through a difficulty in the workplace   Answer Question

Regional Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

Multiple phone and video interviews, accompanied with an on-site interview for several hours. Initial Recruiter call. Secondary phone interview. On-Site interview with 4 people and an additional interview with 1 person via video while on site. One followup phone interview and

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Portland, OR) in March 2020.

Interview

First I received an email from a jr. recruiter who set time for me to speak with a senior recruiter. The senior recruiter was more of an informational call for me to understand the job and to make sure I should move on to the next round. Next you meet with a hiring manager for a more in-depth conversation

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (New York, NY) in March 2020.

Interview

Three part interview, phone, video, in person. Very easy imterviews. Conversational mostly. Asked about why I chose my major, why I wanted to work in Finance, and what I knew about the company. I applied for a "launch your career all majors welcomed" position and then after my phone imterview I was recommended to the Client Services position and Regional Sales Associate position. Both these positions soumd nothing like what they really are and really need renaming. They're both operations based positions meaning high workload and lots of paperwork. The video interview was two hours and I interview with someone from both client services and Regional sales. I was then selected for an in person interview for the Client Services position. I was flown to Camas, everything paid for on their end, and had a short interview after a 20 minute tour. I was offered the position and an offer letter was sent to me that day. The in person interview was by far the easiest part. I tried to love this job! I really wanted myself to like the idea of working at Fisher and living in the Portland area. I declined the offer. I'm not sure why but I just dont trust Fisher investments. They pay much more than most places but really with hours worked youre only making about 19 dollars an hour. If health insurance benefits are extremely important to you then maybe its worth it because they pay for everything and have great plans. 401k is eh Ive seen better. This position was also in Camas, where the diversity os basically nonexistent. I couldnt picture myself there at all.

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in March 2020.

Interview

Good, was very helpful and all interviews were conversational. They were very friendly and asked mainly behavioral questions. Not too much to worry about at all. Would love to work there.

Investment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in March 2020.

Interview

Process was to talk with a phone recruiter, then submit a very standard formal application and resume, which was reviewed by managers then to have a 1-time 3 hour block interview with 3 people including 2 group leaders and 1 VP overseeing the pool of teams as well as a mock client call with an unknown subject, though they did provide some "news" from years past it would supposedly be based on. All 3 people I met with were very cold, asked antagonizing question with a condescending tone rather than seeking to understand me or my background. The mock call was very difficult to assess what they were evaluating and was on a different subject than was communicated to me beforehand. While I had decided not to pursue Fisher after completing the interview day, I was also surprised to learn I was also not offered the role, when all 3 interviewers had told me they also hire people for this role with no experience, and I had 5 years of experience. Bullet dodged, I think.

Interview Questions

• How is your relationship with your current manager?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

Easy phone interview, they ask many questions and it takes only about 15 minutes. After the phone interview they follow up via email for next steps where they might interview in person.