Fisher Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Portfolio Evaluation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in December 2017.

Interview

Had an initial call with an HR representative, they were very nice and wanted to gather information about my interests and why I was looking for a new job.

They then pushed me to the 2nd round phone calls with two senior employees of the company who currently work in the division I was applying for. Both conversations were positive, professional, fun, and laid back. I did not get grilled with typical interview questions.

Lastly, they flew me up to the HQ in Camas, WA for on site interviews with the VP and another senior staff member of the team. I also had a chance to teleconference with a previous employee I chatted with to cover any concerns about the company and environment (it's a very open atmosphere and collegial setup).

Interview Questions

• What concerns do you have in regards to the role or firm?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

Basic questions on personal traits and goals. Mostly let me do the talking. Interviewer kept quiet for minutes after asking questions. Measuring your effectiveness on the phone while asking relevant questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to get into finance?   1 Answer

Investment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

After scheduling 3 weeks in advance, I had a 30 minute phone interview with Fisher Investments. However, it quickly became apparent that the interviewer was not paying attention to what I was saying and that I wasn't being seriously considered as a candidate.
    Also, the interviewer was unable to answer any of my (relatively basic) questions. Ultimately, this was one of the worst interviewing experiences I have had.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you exceeded a customers expectations.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Fisher Investments? Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

VP Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

A headhunter hooked me up with their recruitment firm and it went from there. The process has been about 1 1/2 months so far. I loved every part of the interview. This type of business and atmosphere is where I thrive. Competition only makes you a better salesperson. I truly hope I get this position as I am ready to start with this company. They have a great story and have a lot of pride in what they do and the care they give the clients. I have been very successful in similar roles and ready to get back out there and pound the pavement (phone).

Interview Questions

• What keeps you up at night?   2 Answers
    • How much money do you want to make?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

First interview was a basic phone call with the recruiter. The next stage was meeting with 3 different teams (review associate, client-service associate, and investment associate). The interviewers all seemed like they were forced to be there and seemed to show no interest in speaking with me. It all seemed like they were put off by having to interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? Weaknesses? Describe a time when you went above and beyond, what would your boss say are your best qualities?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

Was reached out to on LinkedIn which lead to a 30 minute phone screening. After that, one longer phone call with a manager. Then a 1.5 hour video interview with 3 people of various roles. After that, flown out to HQ in Camas, WA for tour/more interviews with 3 people. Lastly, a 1 hour video interview with the VP. Despite the lengthy process, questions were mostly behavior and repetitive. They do a good job of giving clear perspective regarding what the job involves/inciting questions. Took around a month in total. Everyone was very friendly and easy to talk to. This is a warm-calling remote sales position, but they offer a lot of movement within the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you've helped someone make a decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I initially talked to a recruiter over the phone who I really enjoyed my conversation with, then interviewed at Fisher Investments in person. There isn't really much diversity (mostly white males). The interview itself was fine, you meet with whatever hiring managers are interested in you. The roles themselves didn't interest me at all (mostly sales and client services) but I liked the fact that they offer so much mobility within the company. Mostly everyone I talked to has been or plans on being in Fisher for a while, moving from position to position.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

I applied for the position on its official website. It took more than one week and I get the phone interview from California. They told me I will get a response in about one week, nobody reply me.

Launch You Career Program Interview

Interview

On campus interview was pretty straight-forward. They asked why Fisher Investments. The interviewer was really nice. After the on campus interview I was selected to being phone interviewed. I got rejected afterward.

Interview Questions

• What are something you did outside of school that shows your motivation to keep learning?   Answer Question

Investment Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in February 2018.

Interview

Started applying for a different role. They recommended me to the investment counselor role. Phone interviews for the most part in the beginning. Was asked to fly in for an in person to San Mateo. Took 4 weeks for an associate to reach out to me and another 2 weeks after that to get the travel plans settled. Then out of nowhere they wanted another phone interview, scheduled 2 days before travel. The next day they said they were canceling my in person. 1 day before me leaving. After I had already purchased non-refundable hotel rooms for my stay.

Front of House Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

Relaxed. Mostly questions about myself to see if i would be a good fit. Interview process consisted of just one interview and I heard back a couple of days later with the job offer