Fisher Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

VP Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

A headhunter hooked me up with their recruitment firm and it went from there. The process has been about 1 1/2 months so far. I loved every part of the interview. This type of business and atmosphere is where I thrive. Competition only makes you a better salesperson. I truly hope I get this position as I am ready to start with this company. They have a great story and have a lot of pride in what they do and the care they give the clients. I have been very successful in similar roles and ready to get back out there and pound the pavement (phone).

Interview Questions

• What keeps you up at night?   2 Answers
    • How much money do you want to make?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Interview

phone interview

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA).

Interview

The interview process is pretty straight forward. It's all behavioral and very conversational. They want to get to know you as a person and understand your motivation to make choices.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and three weeks later they contacted me about an interview. They mostly asked fit questions and were extremely friendly. A week later I went into their office for an interview with the hiring managers. They also asked basic fit questions about my goals and what I want to do with my life. It was very conversational and easy going atmosphere.

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

Really well laid out process, they have you come in and get a tour around the campus, then they have you in a room where you get to meet one on one with several hiring managers. I had three individual interviews and a tour and was there roughly 2 hours. Good impression.

Interview Questions

• Where are you at compared to your co-workers performance?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in February 2015.

Interview

On campus interview after a career fair, phone interview a week later, with another phone interview a week after that. Got the sense they would hire anyone at all, ending up doing some research on the company and got a little turned off to it, ended the process. Talked about san fransisco office but it became evident they don't want you going anywhere but their Washington office.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Very simple. I applied online and a week later had a phone interview. The interview discussed my background and my interest in Fisher. A few weeks later I went in for an on-site interview. I met with several employees from three different departments. A couple of weeks later I had one more phone interview where they made their final decision. The whole process took a month and a half

Interview Questions

• What does Fisher Investments do?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work in the financial industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

They put you through a series of interviews. The first being 15 minutes of very basic questions. Second being a camera interview. The final interview they fly you out. You don'y apply for a specific job, they put you where they feel like you would succeed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a very weird Skype process with very basic questions considering my background. If you apply for an associate level role, even if you've been out of school for a year or two, they ask about college hobbies. Not really typical for most companies in the Bay. This was one of the many reasons I dipped out of the interview process early. The second was they have very low pay and are not willing to negotiate, which makes me think the comments regarding hierarchy, and old fashioned approach to career advancement is likely to be present at this company.

Associate Interview

Interview

The phone interview was roughly 25 minutes long, the person asked me about the skills that I had and what was my most concern about the company. but after several business days' waiting, no reply at all

Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in January 2014.

Interview

I applied through my school's career services department and I got a call a few weeks later for a phone interview. The interview was pretty easy; I went through my resume and past and there were a few behavioral questions but it wasn't difficult. I got a second phone interview and that was really basic and shorter than the first. I was called a week later and told that they would not be moving further with my resume. When I asked more about the position they dodged the question. If you apply here, you will probably end up cold calling people.