Fisher Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fisher Investments Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA).

Interview

Applied for an investment associate and was flown out to Camas, WA to interview in person for three roles that were NOT what I applied for. Continued with the process after seeing some possibility for the client service rep role, and eventually talked with the VP and got an offer from him. Two weeks later, when they were supposed to send me details of the offer they told me I actually had no offer. I explained I had been given an offer, they were "sorry for the miscommunication" usually it required a chat with the VP before getting an offer. I explained I DID in fact talk with the VP, and when I was supposed to talk to him a second time, I was rescheduled FOUR TIMES for a 15 minute phone call that I ended up never getting. Overall a sloppy company with no dedication to its values. Also was disappointed when I went to their office and saw NO people of color, only white males with a scattering of women. Require a 50 hour work week, and to work overtime to meet those 50 hours even if work is accomplished and no overtime pay.

Interview Questions

• Why fisher investments? What do you know about our history?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Gainesville, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online through my campus' careers website. It was just a generic application (i.e., not for a specific type of role). A few weeks later, I received an email with instructions on how to set up a 30-minute phone interview. The interview was also generic; they're just trying to get an idea of what you like and then pair you with a similar type of role in the company. I have an info systems background, and she mentioned that those roles are particularly competitive to get. She was very nice, though, and the interview consisted of just basic behavioral questions. Make sure you know a little bit about what Fisher does and why you want to work for them.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about FIsher, explain your background, walk me through your resume, have you ever experienced a time when... (typical behavioral questions)   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA).

Interview

From initial phone screening, to phone interview, to on site interview, to feedback, the process took over a month.

Wasn’t selected for position which is fine, but the manager said it is company policy to not give out feedback after an on-site interview. This was baffling and insulting given that a good recruiter is a coach and consultant for their candidates.

My assumption for the “lack of feedback” is that the company is retooling their image and doesn’t want poor talent acquisition processes to be known publicly.

Fishbowl type environment where management is always watching.

Any Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

first round interview was just a friendly, easy going conversation about college and my resume. Asked a few questions about my experiences but mostly wanted me to get more of a feel of the company

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

Positive, then VERY negative. I first met with a friendly representative at my university's career fair, had a casual interview where we went over my past experience and his background. Following this, I spoke to a recruiter over the phone, and we discussed my familiarity with Excel, as well as my past experiences again. She informed me that the company would let me know regarding my candidacy status within a week and a half, but never responded to me. I emailed her approximately 2 weeks after the interview requesting an update on the selection process, and I have yet to hear a response almost 4 weeks later.

Investment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

Phone call that was mainly behavioral questions; lasted about 30 minutes and was a way to explain more about the role. Pretty easy process overall, but job was not for me

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

Standard phone screen then a video interview with two managers. Company seems like a pipeline, other reviews were accurate in this aspect -- hyper specialized roles, take that as you way.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

I applied via college platform and had an on-campus info session interview. Then I was scheduled to a phone-interview. Mostly, basic question for the interview like resume, skills, expectation of salary and etc.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Very simple. I applied online and a week later had a phone interview. The interview discussed my background and my interest in Fisher. A few weeks later I went in for an on-site interview. I met with several employees from three different departments. A couple of weeks later I had one more phone interview where they made their final decision. The whole process took a month and a half

Interview Questions

• What does Fisher Investments do?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work in the financial industry?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in October 2017.

Interview

Met recruiters at campus career gallery, attended information session the same night. Phone interview followed by video interview upcoming. Phone interview was very easy and just getting information on you, as well as filling you in on the company.