Fisher Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fisher Investments Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.7

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

First interview was with a recruiter and the 2nd round of interviews was with 3 differ account executive managers. All managers were very transparent with what the role was and were also very personable. I enjoyed the process but wish I was more prepared going into it, it was my first interview so I wasn't experienced with the process but they made it comfortable and very professional.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

Met them at the career fair at my University. Got an on campus interview the next day to go over my resume and answer some vetting questions. Overall they were very friendly during the campus interview. 3 weeks later I got a call from a recruiter congratulating me for getting through the first round and inviting me to fly to their headquarters near Portland. It was slightly intimidating interviewing on the their campus however they did a good job trying to make you feel relaxed with there catered luncheon and after interview drink social. I interviewed with 4 individuals throughout the firm. 2 easy interviews and 2 difficult ones.

Interview Questions

• If I were to randomly meet your best friend at a bar, what would they say about you?   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

I was contacted via Linkedin and I eventually passed the phone screening.

After a few weeks, I was invited for an on-site interview. I came prepared with company knowledge, dressed up in a suit and put on a big smile.

I felt that I interviewed well and that I had enough experience in other industries that would help me gain an offer at Fisher.

All three of my interviewers were conducted by White males (2/3 being Ashkenazi). I had a zero chance of being extended an offer, as I did not particularly fit within their racial standards. At one point, I felt uncomfortable because the last interviewer asked about how I learned Arabic, even though they never cared to ask about my Spanish skills.

Lastly, the HR team took me on a tour of the San Mateo office and considering all six floors, I did not see one Black, Asian or Latino person working within their building. Basically, 99 percent was either White Christian or White Ashkenazi, which is actually normal for the Finance industry.

The HR later called me to ask me about my interview. I told relayed to them the lack of diversity that was evident there, and how this is shameful considering the Bay Area is one of the most diverse regions in the US. The HR person stated ,"we care about diversity and...". Basically a bunch of lip service. I was quite baffled as to how much the HR person was lying, especially after I just finished walking around their entire building and seeing only one race sitting there working next to each other at their tables.

If you interview at Fisher, be prepared to be interviewed by one certain race/religion.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with an issue at work?   Answer Question

Data & Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen. Flew out to San Mateo for an interview a week later. Was given a tour (the building was practically empty) and then interviewed for two positions online in their office. Strange to be flown out to interview online and not in person but everyone I met was genuine. Very easy interview, the positions were not exactly what I would like to do though.

Investment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

The Interview was brief, and the recruiter primarily described the available positions. I was asked basic questions like what interested me about the company, etc. Overall it was very easygoing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA).

Interview

I interviewed with two guys. The first one went pretty well. The second one, however, did not go so well primarily because, the guy interviewing me, was completely condescending to me for most of the interview. Not only would he respond in a condescending manner but he would always interrupt my responses and would usually degrade them and make me feel as if I was completely incompetent for this role. It was sad because I had a really positive perception of Fisher Investments as everyone I had met this person was nice and seemed genuine but this interview with this individual really sealed the deal (as in me declining the offer.) The fact that this guy is a team leader and I would be potentially working under his wing was enough for me to decline the offer they gave me. I understand if the interview was meant to be a little more intimidating or aggressive in nature; however, there is a very fine line between being intimidating and just flat out being a jerk and rude. This was completely unprofessional and unnecessary; the Management team really need to have a talk with this guy.

Interview Questions

• The second interviewer flat out asked me, "You mentioned you recently graduated, so why haven't you been able to get a job up until now?" (A weird and rude question at the same time.)   3 Answers

I'm not going to move all the way to Washington just so I can get constantly bashed by this fellow. It's amazing. All it takes is ONE person to ruin the whole thing. They lost a shot at getting an extremely diligent and dedicated worker.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Flew to Washington, sounds like they interview a lot of people. Basically could tell from start they had no interest in me. Ask questions designed for you to fail. Definitely do not recommend .

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in June 2017.

Interview

Phone call interview, I just thought the recruiter was calling to set up an interview. He asked a couple questions about my work history and job preferences and then said they would review the info and call back to set up an interview. It was very basic.

Interview Questions

• What kind of job are you looking for?   1 Answer

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

Applied online and heard back within a week or two to set up the phone interview. The phone interview was very easy and casual, just trying to make sure you are a competent person. My online video interview was scheduled for the following week. The recruiter I met with was very nice, but seemed like she had a quota to meet, called be by the wrong name, and did not seem very invested in our conversation. I already kind of expected all of this to happen after reading other experiences on Glassdoor.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online replying to a job board posting
    Turnaround response time almost one month to include resume submission and wait time
    Overall process very long in comparison to other companies for early interview stages