Fisher Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fisher Investments Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2018

2.7

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

Three month process with three interviews. I had a three hour interview with multiple departments to find which department I would best fit in. The managers debated the best fit area for me and I was offered a job for that manager.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation you were involved in? How did you respond   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA).

Interview

Very thorough process with a phone interview, skype interview, and an in-person interview in the Camas, Washington office. Fisher was very good with communicating and got back to me quickly with any questions I had. Spoke with mostly current account executives and managers who were formerly account executives. Questions started with them getting to know me and whether I would be a good fit with the firm. After that, almost all of the questions revolved around why specifically I was interested in a sales job.

Interview Questions

• With having a more analytical background, why are you applying to this sales role?   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

Started with an on-campus interview. Fairly simple and easy interview. Received a phone interview about two weeks later, which was all very easy and behavioral. They flew me out to Camas, Washington to interview on-site. A little intimidating, but wasn't too bad. Questions weren't very difficult. Was a great experience regardless.

Interview Questions

• Why Fisher? How would you deal with a client service issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Portland, OR) in December 2017.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter on campus, the next day I had an interview. Very basic questions then a lot of talking about themselves
    I didn't hear back until almost a month and a half later, I got a phone call asking to set up a phone interview. Again very basic questions
    then more of them explaining the company. A week later I got an email saying they were flying me out to Camus, WA. I stayed there for two days total
    this was the strange part.
    I got a 15 minute tour by someone who was hired 5 months ago, pretty basic then lead me into interview room where my schedule who who was interviewing me and what department and when was on the door. The interview room was all glass windows so everyone working on the floor could see you. First guy came in asked pretty simple STAR questions but challenged every answer I gave, it threw me off. I had 3 interviews all with maybe 5 minutes in between. It was a very intense atmosphere. At the end I found out each interviewer scores you on a specific thing. You can only get an offer if you score high enough with everyone you interview with that day. So even if you do great and have a great connection with one manager but the other one doesn't find you to be a good fit you will not get an offer. Very strange.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in the north west before   Answer Question
    • explain to me why I should care about something that your passionate about   Answer Question
    • explain a time where you thought everything was going right, then due to the customer it was wrong (strange question)   Answer Question
    • How do you handle a difficult customer/situation   Answer Question

Investment Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in December 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. Then a phone interview by recruiter followed with a face to face interview. The face to face was very uncomfortable and i had never experienced being interviewed in stages. First this person comes in and doesn't introduce himself at all nor his position with the company. Starts asking questions in a very intimidating manner. Then after almost 1 hour answering his questions you shake hands and ask for next steps. The interviewer goes "oh you are not done hang on another person will come in to interview....You are wondering...why isn't this process clear and why arent they explaining whats happening.
    So you wait for another 10 minutes wondering why separate people then the next person with a higher level of intimidation and cockiness asks you questions in a vert demeaning manner. Bottom line is they are looking for stock broker type person but not really because they dont want you licensed, ok so its customer service related but not really, its also sales
    I literally feel i wasted 2 hours of my life by allowing 2 cocky people "interview" me to then find out that the latter one was an IC so not even hiring managers
    How rude! To not even introduce themselves...who they are ...it says a lot abotu the company because these 2 represent FI first and foremost

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Dow? What about current stock market? How would you calm a person who is wanting to pull all their money out because of a bad market?   Answer Question

Investment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Plano, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview to explore my background and what I wanted to do and to ask which of their offices I would like. I had a second interview with one of the people in the Plano office (where I wanted to be). After that, they informed me that they were flying me to Texas. I flew to Texas and had the day to look around. My interview was at their office at 8:15 the next morning. I was met by someone in their waiting area the next morning who showed me around and took me to the conference room where my interview was. I interviewed with three people. The whole thing took approximately 3.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• What would your wife say are the two best things about you?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Atlanta, GA) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied for the internship at Fisher Investments in Camas, WA. I have only had one phone interview and am about to have another phone interview soon. the interview started off where they talk about what the internship will be like and what the company does then the interviewer goes on to ask a basically all behavioral questions and questions about resume so not too bad. overall good experience with interview process

Portfolio Evaluation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in December 2017.

Interview

Had an initial call with an HR representative, they were very nice and wanted to gather information about my interests and why I was looking for a new job.

They then pushed me to the 2nd round phone calls with two senior employees of the company who currently work in the division I was applying for. Both conversations were positive, professional, fun, and laid back. I did not get grilled with typical interview questions.

Lastly, they flew me up to the HQ in Camas, WA for on site interviews with the VP and another senior staff member of the team. I also had a chance to teleconference with a previous employee I chatted with to cover any concerns about the company and environment (it's a very open atmosphere and collegial setup).

Interview Questions

• What concerns do you have in regards to the role or firm?   1 Answer

Investment Associate Interview

Interview

They explained the position and then asked me a few questions and then said they would get back to me in a week or two. Overall not a lot of questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in a company?   1 Answer

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

First interview was over the phone and very short (10 minutes). Second interview was a skype interview, and it was mediocre. The interviewer seemed bored and did not want to be doing the interview. Basic behavioral type questions and software capabilities (Macros, VBA, Vlookup, Pivot Tables). Took much longer to reply for a second interview than expected.