Fisher Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

VP Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

A headhunter hooked me up with their recruitment firm and it went from there. The process has been about 1 1/2 months so far. I loved every part of the interview. This type of business and atmosphere is where I thrive. Competition only makes you a better salesperson. I truly hope I get this position as I am ready to start with this company. They have a great story and have a lot of pride in what they do and the care they give the clients. I have been very successful in similar roles and ready to get back out there and pound the pavement (phone).

Interview Questions

• What keeps you up at night?   2 Answers
    • How much money do you want to make?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and three weeks later they contacted me about an interview. They mostly asked fit questions and were extremely friendly. A week later I went into their office for an interview with the hiring managers. They also asked basic fit questions about my goals and what I want to do with my life. It was very conversational and easy going atmosphere.

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA).

Interview

The interview process is pretty straight forward. It's all behavioral and very conversational. They want to get to know you as a person and understand your motivation to make choices.

Associate Interview

Interview

The phone interview was roughly 25 minutes long, the person asked me about the skills that I had and what was my most concern about the company. but after several business days' waiting, no reply at all

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a very weird Skype process with very basic questions considering my background. If you apply for an associate level role, even if you've been out of school for a year or two, they ask about college hobbies. Not really typical for most companies in the Bay. This was one of the many reasons I dipped out of the interview process early. The second was they have very low pay and are not willing to negotiate, which makes me think the comments regarding hierarchy, and old fashioned approach to career advancement is likely to be present at this company.

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

They put you through a series of interviews. The first being 15 minutes of very basic questions. Second being a camera interview. The final interview they fly you out. You don'y apply for a specific job, they put you where they feel like you would succeed.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Very simple. I applied online and a week later had a phone interview. The interview discussed my background and my interest in Fisher. A few weeks later I went in for an on-site interview. I met with several employees from three different departments. A couple of weeks later I had one more phone interview where they made their final decision. The whole process took a month and a half

Interview Questions

• What does Fisher Investments do?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work in the financial industry?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

phone interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA).

Interview

First there's a phone interview and then an in-person interview, all expenses covered. You have a series of consecutive interviews with different managers from different departments to see where you'll fit best.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something you want to share that's not on your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Atlanta, GA) in September 2018.

Interview

2 rounds: phone and in-person. Overall laid back and relaxed experience. Met through career fair and had an interview the next day. Later on, I had a phone interview and then was asked to come in-person. They flew me out their campus. I am awaiting results but had a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Why Fisher, Why the financial industry, what kind of environment are you looking for?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

You interview with three different people for three different positions. They really grill you. Constantly ask you what are your weakness and failures. I understand they want to see what kind of person you are under pressure, but when the interview only consists of asking you those questions, it gets depressing and you feel worthless. Ask and then move on to other better questions where you actually get to know the person!! Also the pay is horrible!! 50hrs for 50k? It’s basically 19/hr pay your employees more if you expect them to work that long per week.