GNC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

Sort:

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GNC (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

Store manger calls you asks when you can come in for an interview. Sometimes they second interview with SSM or RSD but mine didn't care. We picked a day, takes 15mins to an hour. Easy, regular questions. Know easy stuff about sales also, nothing crazy. Be nice and be driven. Ask questions, act like you want the job.

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GNC.

Interview

Few questions;
    Such as tell me about yourself....
    What are your strengths and weaknesses?
    What would you do in *insert occasion*?
    How would you handle?
    Situational problems; I have a problem with *insert problem* now gather as many products as possible that relate and after give a reason as to why you chose those exact products

SSM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GNC (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was easy. It started with back and forth emails between the hiring manager and I. Followed by an on-site interview which lasted roughly 10 minutes. Majority behavior and experience based

Interview Questions

• What was one problem you've faced in your life and how did you solve it?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GNC.

Interview

G eezz N o C ognizant ! The most awkward interview that I had so far in life. Very uninformed staff not sure what they are doing. Lack of professionalism. They don't really know what they are looking for. It was very odd and unprofessional. Questions were really irrelevant and irritating. They sent me thank you letter 10 mins after our phone interview - very rude.

Interview Questions

• They were talking about changes about their new system but nobody knows anything about it.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GNC.

Interview

Talked to a few different people, interviewed by myself, everyone was very polite and I didn't feel intimidated at all... Asked very typical questions: "Tell me about yourself", "What do you want to gain out of this internship?" "Tell me about your previous job" "Have you had any other internships?" etc.

Senior Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GNC (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very intense interview process. I was an internal candidate. First interview is a panel interview with the Regional Sales Director and current SSMs in the region. A group of final candidates were assigned small satellite groups to oversee for the duration of the contest that was running at the time. I did not find this portion of the interview process to be productive, overseeing stores on a temporary basis made it difficult to hold employees accountable for their performance. However, my group did win this phase and I continued through the process. The next interview was with the Regional Loss Prevention Manager. He arrived unannounced one morning and conducted a surprise audit to ensure my store was operationally sound. After passing the audit we had a sit-down interview, which resulted in his submitting a letter of recommendation to the Divisional Sales Director. The final step involved meeting with the DSD and a team of Regionals at another store, reviewing the expectations of the position, discussing the career path of the job, etc. Wasn't much of an interview at that point, just more of a final meet and review, and my DSD submit a letter of recommendation to the home office. A few weeks later I was notified by my RSD that my paperwork had been processed and I officially had the job. My biggest advice to any internal candidate is to not lose sight of the needs of your own store and ensure your merchandising, loss prevention, and promotion practices are thorough. Your home store will be under heavy scrutiny, and you don't want to lose your opportunity over something that was easily avoidable.

Entire process took roughly 10 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important quality a Senior Store Manager needs to have?   1 Answer
    • Would you rather be liked or feared?   1 Answer
    • What would you do with an under-performing manager?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Drum, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GNC (Fort Drum, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

The gentleman who called me to set up for the interview was friendly and seemed very interested in having me as an employee. He made it seem like I was the only person who had received a call for the job.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember exactly how the question was worded, but it was very specific and not something that everyone would know right off the top of their head. I gave my best answer and the man interviewing me seemed to accept it. He then told me to hold on for a moment and he walked away. About 20 minutes later, he returned to tell me that they had a bunch more people to interview and he would let me know either way within a week - I never heard back from them.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GNC (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

It was easy and fast.
     My manage was a pretty chill dude.
    I answered pretty basic questions.
    Took only 20 minutes.
    Learn about your body little.
    The job was a easy catch overall

Interview Questions

• What are your past experiences?   1 Answer

Accounts Receivable Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GNC.

Interview

I interviewed with two people, with one taking the lead. The person who I would have reported to directly did not ask questions but did provide information about the job. The direct supervisor seemed like a very cordial and experienced person (who I might have enjoyed reporting to), however, the lead interviewer kept stressing negatives about the job to an unreasonable degree. Once the candidate conveys that a particular aspect of the role (whether that be system related or function related) is not at all objectionable, then it is time to move on. The interviewer can certainly pose challenging questions for the purpose of vetting, but should demonstrate professionalism and loyalty to the company and not spend most of the interview making negative commentary about the work environment, the system, or the position. The lead also took me back down to the lobby to return the access card (normal), but to tell me which exit door was closer to the T-Station (very odd, given the centrality of their office tower - great location!) There was an expedited hiring process underway, so my experience may have been atypical in regard to how long it took for them to make an offer to the candidate they selected.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last position?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GNC (Columbia, MD) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview process for me wasn't that long because I was an internal candidate. They had already known about what kind of person they were going to promote, and what I was capable of doing. The important part in this was carrying out exactly what the company wants to hear.

Interview Questions

• What can you provide the region as a senior manager? what direction will you take in order to achieve this?   Answer Question