GNC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GNC Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GNC (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

the interview process was very easy and fast they called me and i had the
    interview on the same day. they are very friendly, you can be relaxed go in there and kill it.
    Great

Interview Questions

• they asked me have you used and GNC products   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GNC (New York, NY).

Interview

Non-formal. I was referred by the regional manager for the area so I was hired before the interview basically. But reinforce your role or interest in the exercise/sport world, this will help them know your the real deal. Also, talk about products you have tried or bought from them before.

Interview Questions

• They want to know your an ex-athlete or athlete basically   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hallandale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GNC (Hallandale, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Easy and quick, dress nice, smile alot and look eager to start working, answer a couple basic interview questions and got called back the next day to start. They will hire you quick and easily if your a young college kid because the starting pay is $8.05

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GNC (Milford, NH) in November 2016.

Interview

At my current job, I waited on the manager of the local GNC. He liked my attitude and how I waited on him. He wanted me to come in for an informal interview since he was looking for help. I brought in my resume and we talked. If this had been an actual interview, he could not ask a lot of his questions because there bordered on personal (I have an HR degree, so I know what you can legally ask and what is illegal to ask). Like many managers, I have interviewed with, he wondered why a well read, intelligent person like me would apply for a job like this and what was holding me back (As with most college graduates, I cannot get a job I went to college for, so I have take what I can get). He gave me a user guide on supplements to study and come back so he could quiz me on it and also gave me a basic math and writing test.

One of the people I work with at my current place of employment is friends with a person that works at that GNC, and lots of negative, overbearing aspects about the store and why that person is quitting (I would write them here by Glassdoor guidelines prohibit me from doing so, but i will say they are beyond negative), so I called the store when I got home from work and left a message that I would have to cancel because i decided to pursue other aspects.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GNC (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

The initial interview process was simple, with two other managers. Easy questions, mostly about my history. On the 2nd interview, the regional manager came in, and was all about competitive sales. Which I've done. But when asked if I currently took any supplements, I said no. Told her that as a former chef, I am fairly aware of what my body needs and I don't need them in my current state of health. That was it, interview was over.

Interview Questions

• asked if I currently took any supplements?   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at GNC (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Meet with department lead an dev team manager. Typical questions on SDLC and object oriented programming. Experience with ms access, SQL, ETL. Describe a difficult issue and the steps taken you you to get to a successful resolution for it.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GNC (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

GNC seems like a great company to work for, but the interview process was rough from the start. I was contacted by an HR Rep in late September to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. He asked for my availability, which I gave him. I heard nothing for almost a week so I followed up again, at which point this person said they were just going to skip the phone interview and set up an on-site interview.

I went in that day, checked in at the security desk and waited for the HR contact to come down. I never met him, as someone else in HR escorted me to the interview room. For what it's worth, she was very nice and even offered me a bottle of water. The hiring manager then came into the room and he was great. I felt like we got along well and I would have been very happy working for him. He spoke highly of GNC, and the role definitely seemed like something I was qualified for and would enjoy. However, that's where the interview went from "great" to "worst interview ever".

The next person I interviewed with was a woman who was a Financial Analyst of some sort. I wouldn’t report directly to her, but I was told there would be a dotted-line from my role to hers. Well she was the rudest person I've ever interviewed with. As an example, she asked how frequently I used Access and I said that I don't use it daily, but that I have used it and am confident I wouldn't have an issue utilizing it there. She pursed her lips, shook her head, and said in a rather disgusted tone "Hmmm. That's a shame. I really wanted someone with expert abilities in Access". It’s hard to put her attitude into words, but this message definitely could have been conveyed in a more appropriate manner. She then proceeds to tell me about how GNC is just a so-so place to work (according to her, they don't pay well, don't give a great employee discount, have horrible cubicles and office layout, no company-sponsored family events, don't allow jeans in the office, she had to beg for a laptop instead of a desktop on her first day, etc.). She also told me about how great her former employer was. The icing on the cake was when she matter-of-factly said "I'm not even sure why you're here. Sometimes HR sends me an elephant when all I need is a mouse". I think this was her way of telling me that she felt I was overqualified (despite her Access comment?), but I was in a bit of shock. At one point, I was even wondering if I was on one of those "What Would You Do?" or "Punk'd"-type shows - that's how horribly the interview went with this woman! I left the interview wondering how I would ever work with her if I were to be offered a role (although it was clear to me that this would be highly unlikely, as she obviously didn't care for me in the slightest).

Well regardless, I sent a thank-you e-mail that afternoon and waited a few weeks before following up with HR to check on my application status, as I hadn't heard back. I got no reply, then followed up again a couple weeks later. This time, I got an automatic response telling me the person didn't work there anymore and to contact another individual, which I did. About 2 weeks passed and I still hadn't received a response from the second individual, so I followed up with her one last time this morning. At this point, I know that it's highly unlikely that I'll hear back either way and I'm left wondering if my interview process was a fluke or if I should proceed with caution when considering other roles at GNC. (As a side note, the position I applied for is still posted. It is now mid-December. They may still be conducting interviews, but this still doesn’t excuse the lack of response after numerous attempts on my part - and there's certainly no excuse for the negative way I was treated by the woman mentioned above.)

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GNC (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Phone Interview, Followed Up by Round of Interviews with Department/Team; Interviewers were late, unprepared, and read my resume' while I spoke. Senior Leader spent more time 'nitpicking' my resume' than actually using our time to dig deeper into what I could do for them; Left so 'underwhelmed' by interview experience. Months later, heard through national recruiter they have gained horrible reputation re: this specific department.

Interview Questions

• So....ummm....tell me about yourself....   1 Answer

GNC Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GNC (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Two interviews, nothing special. They just asked me if I liked cleaning. They asked me if I had any experience in the feild. You have to be really something special to not get the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I was into fitness.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GNC (Paramus, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

Completed an on-line application. A store manager called and said he had been attempting to contact me. I had only one message from him. I knew more about GNC than he did during a brief interview.Second interview was in another location - arrived and the person who was to conduct the interview was not there. I had to go to a different location. Interviewer kept me waiting, never offered me a chair, I found one and brought it over. Answered every question and asked several of my own.
    I asked for a card so I would be able to follow up. "Just call the store and they will know how to get in touch with me" was the response.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer