Geek Squad Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2015.

Interview

There was a two-step interview process. First was done by the GM and the second was done by the lead of Geek Squad. They call you when they are ready to offer an interview and schedule over the phone. After the first interview, they'll call you back for a second if they are interested. Standard operating procedure.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with an angry customer. How did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Chandler, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Asked questions about how i would repair certain issues with computers, customers and my overall experience in IT as well as customer service . Setup interview over the phone, then there was 2 in person interviews and after the second interview i was offered the job.

Computer Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Geek Squad (San Bernardino, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Met with an employee during open interviews. I met with a supervisoru I got called back for a second interview with the general manager a week later. He was more I was offered the position and a raise for later.

Special Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Houston, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

I applied for a job in march and got a call in july. The interview was the day after. I had to wait about 30 mins for the manager to come and then the interview started. The questions were typical; what jobs I have had before, what are your strengths, weaknesses.

CIA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Springfield, OH) in June 2008.

Interview

Interview consisted of a one on one interview with the general manager, no technical questions were asked, just vague questions on previous experience and if I had sales experience.

CIA Senior Interview

Interview

The interview mostly consist of questions about brand loyalty to Best Buy and whether or not you can speak to the issues in the department currently. The best thing to do is have a business plan ready and to be able to provide resolution to any suffering metrics. The more information you have, the better.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest problem facing the department right now?   1 Answer

Operations Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Geek Squad in March 2015.

Interview

It was a comfortable environment and easy to ask questions. They were impressed I printed out my resume' and had it ready to talk about. Waited an extra 15 minutes after schedule time, but that's normal for retail to do; testing patience.

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Akron, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

I originally applied for the auto tech service writer position, but when I met with their Geek Squad DCI, she told me that she wanted me for the position of Operations Agent. The entire interview process was pretty laid back and even when I had to meet with the GM, we'd chit-chat about other things between questions. The whole process took four days and they offered me the job right after the second interview with the GM

There were no trick questions and nothing in great detail about computers. They recognize that on-the-job training is more valuable than theory. Just have a clue on how retail works and how you should interact with employees and customers and you should be fine.

Anonymous Employee in Fairview Heights, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Fairview Heights, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was two part. First you talk with the geek squad lead and if you interview well they will give you a call back for the second interview. The second interview will have you with the Best Buy stores General Manager to see if you are a fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• What keeps customers coming back to Best Buy when there are so many other stores that carry the same product?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Thousand Oaks, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Involves understanding of basic computer repair protocol, ability to work well with others and manage peer interaction follow up protocols with clients units. Ability to multi-task is required and flexibility to assist in the operation of several different aspects of Geek Squad is required.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions that were not directly related to the operations of the department.   Answer Question

Negotiation

negotiation for scheduling is possible, negotiation for pay is locked in to a percentage increase if you are already working for the comany