Geek Squad Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Geek Squad Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Geek Squad.

Interview

Easy. If you know your stuff, you’ll d great. Geek squad is a great place to start your career. Higher education is not required. Great coworkers. Great benefits. Possible long term position too.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Geek Squad.

Interview

Short in person interview that was from a script of questions with your answers being written down. Follow up interview with GM on more situational questions to make sure you fit on a personality level.

Geek Squad, Consultation Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online and was scheduled for an interview time with a geeksquad. He asked mostly standard questions from a sheet and wrote my answers in the blanks, occasionally adding some of his own to keep conversation going and make the interview less dry. I was then asked back to interview with the general manager who made me the compensation offer. The interview process was fast but actually getting started at work took time - I think since the offer it was 3 weeks before I was in the store working .

Interview Questions

• About my work background, my schooling, a set of standard geeksquad inteview questions, and some questions about dealing with theft.   Answer Question

Consultation Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Pasadena, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Very fast interview process, not a difficult position for educated technicians. Phone screen, then a lower level supervisor interview, then next day a general manager interview, got an offer some hours after GM interview. Scheduled to start the following week.

Interview Questions

• Qualifications? Work history? How to handle certain scenarios.   1 Answer

Advanced Repair Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Geek Squad.

Interview

I applied online through the Best Buy careers site. I waited 2 weeks after applying for some kind of communication, but nothing happened. I finally decided to call the store, and ask for the hiring manager. She was very kind and gave me an interview for the following week. My interviewer just read questions off some paper she had. I really didn't like the questions They were all focused on hypotheticals, store setting, other employees, and not the actual job. She only asked me one technical question out of a 15 minute interview. Really disappointed on how the interview went.

Consultation Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salinas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Salinas, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone screening, GS Manager interview, Store Manager interview. They didn't ask me anything about computers, but I am finishing a BS in Computer Science so they may have taken it for granted. Only concerned with custumer relations and store theft.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry client?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Geek Squad.

Interview

Straight-forward. 3 interviews: phone, Geek Squad Manager, General Manager. At no point was I asked any technical questions. The first interview was basically to see if I had a pulse and manners. The second interview was my manager asking me questions off a check-list. The third interview was strangely intense with the general manager asking all kinds of ethics-related questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you think we should deal with an employee theft?   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

I interviewed at the South Philadelphia location over my Summer back from college. I enjoyed the process, the people were extremely amicable and the experience overall was very down to earth. If you do pursue a position centered in IT, be prepared for scenario based questions and be ready to articulate cause-effect and action-result details of situations. This is crucial, as in any job application.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you have dealt with unruly or mild-mannered customer and how you approached it. What was the result?
      What do you think of the current state of IT where it relates to the relationship between the consumer and producer?
      How do you approach PR in the IT field?   Answer Question

Advanced Repair Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Geek Squad (Baytown, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Very standardized, good, multiple interviews with different managers, technical as well as customer service type scenario questions. Asks questions on sales experience, tech experience, customer service experience, what would you do if presented with a certain scenario, etc.

Interview Questions

• Standard technical questions, customer service questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Geek Squad.

Interview

There was no interview process. I had previous experience with Best Buy and was promoted internally based on my sales experience. This is how most Consultation Agents were hired at my location.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you need a formal interview?   1 Answer