Global Custom Commerce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Global Custom Commerce Interview Questions

Interviews at Global Custom Commerce

2.7

Design Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Global Custom Commerce.

Interview

simple and straight forward, just have sales background they will teach you the product information. You have a group interview with a few management after you talk to a recruiter and get a tour on the facility.

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Global Custom Commerce (Houston, TX) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied on-line and was contacted shortly by the recruiter. This was a rather pleasant gentleman who actually went through my resume in detail and talked with me about the company and the position.

Next was a phone screening with a senior developer. He asked broad entry-level questions which I felt were appropriate for the job. After that, I was assigned a small project to put on GitHub. I was allowed around 3 days to complete it and finished it early. Nothing too difficult.

Next came an in-person interview. I arrived early to the location and was told gruffly to wait by some sort of receptionist man. He acted in a most unprofessional manner, loudly cursing at his computer while having some sort of IT issue. The unprofessionalism shown caused me to almost walk out of the office thinking I had stumbled across some sort of two bit company not worth my time. After waiting 25 minutes past the interview start time, I went up to the front desk and reminded another gentleman that I was here for an interview which should have already begun. A few minutes later an HR woman quickly escorted me to a small conference room where I met (very) briefly with the senior developer I had spoken with on the phone. This meeting was so fast I hardly recall what was said.

Next, two mid-junior developers met with me. They asked me basic questions about my resume and past projects. This interview felt very odd as I was the one having to guide the process along. I don't think they had much experience with actually conducting interviews, although they both answered my questions of the position and company well. They were also generally nice people to interact with.

I was told there would be a meeting to go over the candidates and they would let me know soon. A week later I contacted the HR woman of the position and she said they would be getting back to me with a decision. Never heard from them again. Overall, it was just an average experience.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Global Custom Commerce.

Interview

Spent 30 minutes talking to the recruiter. General questions about my background. The recruiter talked more about the company than I did about myself. Next round was with hiring manager. Spent another 45 minutes. Most questions were behavioral. They came across some toxic culture recently. Questions were related to how to fix unproductive employees. What will I do if I catch someone sleeping at work. After those two interviews no feedback, no email, no response. Even after following up with emails and messages, I never heard back from them. Highly unprofessional for not communicating the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions. E.g. How do you handle employee who is not productive?   Answer Question

Design Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Global Custom Commerce.

Interview

The hiring process is broken up into 4 phases:

1st. Phone
    2nd. In person with Director of Sales
    3rd. A group panel interview
    4th. In person with VP of Sales

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The online test is job clickbait - the user is forced to spend 30 minutes of their time to "create a profile", and when you want to see your results, you need to upload resume, fill out skills, basically create a searchable record for BlindData's clients to peruse. Great way to find candidates, very unfriendly experience for the interviewee

Interview Questions

Global Custom Commerce Response

Nov 27, 2017 – Social Media Marketer

It seems that you're confusing us with BlindData.com. We're the window coverings company, Blinds.com. However, if we're mistaken, we'd love to hear your feedback on the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Global Custom Commerce (Houston, TX).

Interview

Met with employee panel, then manager who hired me on the spot. Apparently the company was desperate for people to fill positions which should have been a warning, but they chalked it up to a business growing by leaps and bounds.

Interview Questions

• Do I work well with others, and have a reliable mode of transportation to work.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Global Custom Commerce (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I was invited for a formal face to face meeting with the team. I enjoyed meeting everyone within the organization, however my meeting with Marketing was one of my horrible experiences. I felt that he had some type of attitude towards me, but I didn't know what I had did as he didn't want to speak with me anyway. I definitely was not his choice, thank God for the Holy Spirt that would lead and guide you because as bad as I felt after the interview. No one contacted me or followed up with even by email. Just recently I emailed HR for a follow up and still no response. Sometimes God allows you to see a company's truth before you actually get in to deep. Please practice your communication style and delivery style. you can deliver bad news and people will appreciate your honestly no matter what the outcome is.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if someone gave me 5 million dollars.   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Global Custom Commerce (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

First off, let me say that I am not one to write a review, but I feel one is definitely warranted after the level of professionalism and curtiosy I received during my application process with Blinds.com.

I have been job hunting for the past 5 months and dealing with multiple recruiting agencies and Recruiting managers. Blinds.com has really set the bar when it comes to transparency, communication, and feedback.

During the initial phone screening, it really felt like the recruiting manager was taking the time to get a good understanding of not only my expertise, but also me as a person. I did not feel like I was just a number in, what I could only imagine, a giant stack of resumes. Laughs were had and there was a sense of comfort during the call. At the end it was clearly communicated to me that in the chance a few days had gone by without hearing anything from her, to give a quick phone call or email to check the status. To my surprise, I did not have to do this and the feedback that was given was not only positive but tailored to the conversation we had at the beginning of the week. I can imagine this is no simple task for such a highly rated and sought out company in Houston.

So a BIG Thank You to HR for making the experience feel significant from start to finish. It was a breath of fresh air after so many other disappointing application experiences.

Interview Questions

• What were my passions and values inside and outside of the work force.   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

process took about 2 weeks, recruiter call on a wed... had a phone interview. she called me back in a couple hours asking i come in for a interview the next day. went to the face to face interview... It went well the next day the called ask can i meet with the director of CS.. had that interview.. Then the next morning they called and offered me the job,

Interview Questions

• She had me act like like i was on the phone talking to a customer   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Global Custom Commerce (Houston, TX).

Interview

First interview included an initial tour of the office. It was amazing! Anyone would be so impressed by their office structure & company culture. The HR rep was also a great guy.
    After the tour I spoke with a manager & later spoke with two actual employees. The first manager was so nice and made it feel like a conversation rather than an interview. It made me feel easy and comfortable. The other two employees were two women in the position I was applying for. They were also really nice and down to earth. I was not nervous at all because of them.
    The final interview was with the director of CS. Now this one I was nervous for. She was a nice lady, but was straight forward. I could tell she wanted to really know who I was and why I wanted to work here. Overall, wonderful experience! Best recruiting experience I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• What experiences have I HAd in the past, where a customer did not budge and decided not to work with me and how did I handle that?   Answer Question