Global Custom Commerce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Design Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Global Custom Commerce (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Round 1) Started with a tour of the office by HR recruiter, next was interview with a Sales Manager to determine what you work ethic like, where you see yourself in the future of the company, what are some of you goals, what motivates you, etc. Next is a panel interview with a mix of employees (sales, CS, Live Chat) to determine if you are cultural fit for the company. Then go home and take a computer test.

Round 2: Uncomfortable interview with Chief Sales Officer/Operations Officer where you answerin questions about whether you sell good

Round 3: Interview with the CEO. asks how you improve, what motivates you,

Interview Questions

• What motivates you, how do you improve yourself, what is important to you, what makes you a good salesperson, why should i hire you,   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The online test is job clickbait - the user is forced to spend 30 minutes of their time to "create a profile", and when you want to see your results, you need to upload resume, fill out skills, basically create a searchable record for BlindData's clients to peruse. Great way to find candidates, very unfriendly experience for the interviewee

Interview Questions

Global Custom Commerce Response

Nov 27, 2017 – Social Media Marketer

It seems that you're confusing us with BlindData.com. We're the window coverings company, Blinds.com. However, if we're mistaken, we'd love to hear your feedback on the interview process.... More

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Global Custom Commerce (Houston, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

Multiple interviews (some peer led, most conducted by managers and senior leaders) for any job at Blinds.com - they interviews themselves are very in-depth and lengthy.

Expect to be tested on practical knowledge, be tested for cultural / personality fit and to be expected to ask lots of good questions during the interview process yourself. Do your homework (they'll ask direct questions to see how well you know their business and company, it counts a lot) and be curious about them.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing you've done to improve yourself this month?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Global Custom Commerce in May 2016.

Interview

The process was dragged out approximately 2 months. A few weeks after applying I was sent a request for dates in order to set up a phone screen/interview. After sending info and several emails to recruiter without any response. I received a generic rejection email suggesting that I redo my resume in order to secure an interview (the same phone interview they requested dates for.) After posting a review on here about the negative experience. I was then contacted again to set up another phone interview. At this point it was obvious that they were just going through the motions and had no intentions of taking my application seriously, as this rescheduled interview was clearly in response to the review I posted on here about their sub-par recruitment process. Repeated follow up emails received no response but an unfavorable review got their immediate attention. I will say that the recruiter I spoke with appeared to be genuine and professional, and probably was making the best of the resources that were available.

However, for a company that features a "google like" culture their recruitment process needs significant revamping and additional personal. As this is the first interaction potential employees have with the company. It’s OK to have a “cool office”, and cartoon character days at work, but not when you don't have adequate resources to maintain your recruiting department. The idea that all potential employees care about is being able to wear shorts and t-shirts to work, and eat cake all day has been a bit overblown. Having a streamlined business operation from recruiting to when the product reaches the customer is also important to potential employees. My experience with this company has shown that not all that glitters is gold. I was initially excited about the prospects of working for the company as depicted on their website and media pages. However, the inconsistencies in the recruiting process for me was a sign of how operations are probably conducted at the departmental levels. From the other reviews I have read I am glad it turned out the way it did.

Recruiter also stated that the process consisted of 4 interviews plus providing a work sample. Seems a bit excessive for the position and nature of the work.

Interview Questions

• what skills do you have that will help in this role
      salary expectations
      strengths
      what do you know about the company
      why do you want to work here
      experience with certain applications, excel, tableau   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Global Custom Commerce.

Interview

Very informal, interviewed with hiring manager then the team. This company has made a point to be more like google unfortunately they are not. Questions were behavioral and lacked actual performance substance

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I would put the company first   1 Answer

Jun 16, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

We appreciate your candid assessment of our interview process and will use this to improve. Best of luck on your career journey!

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Global Custom Commerce (Houston, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Multiple interviews with many culture related questions. Really deviates from the job description and job requirements. This was my first sales position and it went really smoothly because I really didn't need to answer too many questions around sales.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite super hero and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Global Custom Commerce (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Several one-on-one interviews then a panel interview. The panel interview is hosted by sales reps who you will eventually work alongside. You're also interviewed by the main sales guy who may let you know if you got the job.

Interview Questions

• (Panel Interview Question): Sales is competitive. What do you do when another sales rep asks for your help?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Global Custom Commerce (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and quickly received an email asking me to attend a hiring event at their office.
    Upon entering their office I was greeted and escorted to a computer lab. A basic call center skills test was completed on the computer. Once the skills test was finished I was told I qualified for a "prescreen."
    While waiting for the prescreen I was in "the van" a conference room with other people. While waiting in the van other applicants were visited by their friends who currently worked at the office. It soon became apparent nepotism plays a role in getting hired.
    I was then moved to a small room and told to wait for a phone call. I received a phone call from which I determined was a hiring manager... He asked me VERY BASIC questions that took a couple minutes before the prescreen ended. I was then told they needed to screen the rest of the applicants before getting back with me. The next day I received a rejection email. Overall, the guaranteed interview seemed like a waste of time. Prescreen could have easily been completed over the phone at home. It really helps if you know someone who work here.
    On a good note... most of the people seem happy to work here. Also, the treatment of people applying is very professional. Snacks and refreshments were offered while you waited for prescreen.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Global Custom Commerce (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Took an online test. Then had a phone interview a few days later. The next week, I attended the job fair at their office. Had a brief tour, a one-on-one with HR and then a three-person-panel meeting. Returned the next week to meet with the VP of sales and Chief Sales Officer - very nice people! Received an offer by phone 30 minutes later. The whole process took about 10 days.

Interview Questions

• If a theme song played when you walked into the room, what song would that be and why?   1 Answer

Apr 15, 2015 – Recruiter

We appreciate the feedback. Glad you had a positive interview experience!

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Global Custom Commerce (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I was invited for a formal face to face meeting with the team. I enjoyed meeting everyone within the organization, however my meeting with Marketing was one of my horrible experiences. I felt that he had some type of attitude towards me, but I didn't know what I had did as he didn't want to speak with me anyway. I definitely was not his choice, thank God for the Holy Spirt that would lead and guide you because as bad as I felt after the interview. No one contacted me or followed up with even by email. Just recently I emailed HR for a follow up and still no response. Sometimes God allows you to see a company's truth before you actually get in to deep. Please practice your communication style and delivery style. you can deliver bad news and people will appreciate your honestly no matter what the outcome is.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if someone gave me 5 million dollars.   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Global Custom Commerce (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for customer service but was interviewed for sales due to scores. The interview process with Allen was awesome very nice young man. Although I applied for customer service I interviewed for sales for the better opportunity as he explained. The place is really nice & although I was not accepted for sales, I'm such a positive thinker & I am still hoping for a chance at the customer service roll I have excellent customer service skills and would like to apart of the team if giving the opportunity.

Interview Questions

Global Custom Commerce Response

Apr 3, 2015 – Recruiter

Thank you for the feedback! Continue to follow us on social media and keep in touch. We do our best to make sure individuals who join our team are on the right seat of the Blinds.com bus and we hope... More