Grab Backend Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grab Backend Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Grab

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grab (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Overall, I was very impressed with the company. Maybe because of Grab or a small company is not listed, their home for the interviewer very seriously, and very friendly. Throughout the interview you can feel the sincerity and respect. This feeling is not experienced in most large companies.
In addition, although the number of rounds of interviews, but I have communicated with a few engineers, recruiter, and the Seattle office manager gave me the feeling is very good, are more pragmatic and willing to dry team.
Grab finally gave me the offer. As a small company, their package is still very competitive. Especially the cash part, almost I got the offer of the most generous one. In addition, a variety of benefits and insurance are also the industry's top.
I have not decided whether to accept their home offer. But this is one of the three companies I interviewed down and personally feel the best. For those who eager to challenge and opportunities, I really recommend you to consider Grab.

Interview Questions

• Coding, solutions design and proposal, GoLang, distributed architecture   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Grab

Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grab (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in April 2018.

Interview

Onsite interview. A round of technical review with the director in my target group, and a round interview with HR about my interests and career plan. The process is about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Algorithms, and describe one project from your resume in detail   Answer Question

Backend Engineer Interview

Interview

the coordinator was helpful. he directed me to proper answers and affirmed on correct answers. expectation was different of the role and he was upfront about it. Once the interview was over we discussed the pros ancd cons of the design too

Backend Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Grab in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got a reply after a month with a Codility test. Attempted the test and as usual failed it. Got a reply after a week or two with the rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Codility test with 3 questions. 2 were easy. 1 was difficult about graphs which was easy to in N2 time but I had to do it in N time.   Answer Question

Backend Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Grab in May 2017.

Interview

I gave an online programming test last year after which I was perhaps not short-listed. This year, I got into contact with the recruiters again and was scheduled for a technical interview over Skype.

The first round went fine, there were some design and implementation questions related to distributed architecture, work I'm already doing, my work experience and technical skills, etc.

After this first round, I was invited again for another round a couple of days afterwards. However, it had to be rescheduled to a later time with some other interviewers due to logistical reasons. For my second interview, again on Skype, there was only one of the two interviewers who asked me a bit about myself, my work ex, skills, why I wanted to work at Grab and a few technical coding questions. I solved the coding questions and wrote code fairly well though I wasn't sure what the interviewer wanted to test and why. He asked me if I had ever travelled outside the country, why I wanted to work for Grab and he was insistent on the the finer boundary cases or implementations details (like implementation of multi-level hash map) which unlike interviews I have given, are better left to the actual implementation. Even though I answered all of his questions fairly well and he also seemed satisfied when in the end, he told me something like that I could expect another round of interview, I have not received any communication from them regarding my process since weeks. It could be a rejection from their part but the process seems like to have been abandoned by them which makes me feel as if I could have better saved my time by not interviewing with them.

Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grab (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2015.

Interview

1st was Codility Test
    2nd was interviewed by 2 senior engineers, asked about my past experiences and backend related questions like how to optimize the location queries
    3rd was interview by one of the pioneer engineers

Interview Questions

• Ruby: What is the difference between @ and @@?
      SQL: What is the difference between outer and inner join?   2 Answers

Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grab (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2016.

Interview

During the telephone interview, the interviewer failed to introduce himself nor explain the role and we immediately jumped into a technical test. There was no room for personal introductions or space to make me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• I was then given an obscure test to complete and provided with little information.   Answer Question

Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grab (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2015.

Interview

First was a codility test online with 2 questions. Next is a brief discussion with the recruiter about the role and the company. next is a technical skype interview with one of the engineers.

Interview Questions

• First is a codility test. then the recruiter called for a skype interview. Then a technical interview with one of the engineers.   3 Answers