Grassroots Campaigns Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grassroots Campaigns Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2017

1.9

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns.

Interview

Three over the phone interviews, mostly asking about political agendas. They look for liberal responses, very friendly, and easy-going. About a few days between each call, all asking similar questions from people in different departments.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about...company they are working for at the time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online through their website. A few days later, someone called on the phone and asked about previous canvassing experience. He also mentioned the nonprofits that they campaigned for (at the time, ACLU and Planned Parenthood) and asked if I was interested. I was invited for an in-person interview a few days later. In person, they gave a paper application to fill out. Someone gave an intro on what Grassroots is about, talked about expectations/quotas, etc. There were multiple people there, but interviews were short and individual.

Assistant Canvass Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied and was contacted by the person from the office I would be working at. There was a brief phone interview. We set up an in-person interview which would take place at a different office. I had a two hour drive to that office, arrived twenty minutes early.

I waited for close to an hour but the office was locked and there was no response when I knocked or called. Eventually I left and sent a follow up email. I have received no further contact from Grassroots.

Interview Questions

• What issue do you think is most important to our nation right now?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward. The Canvass Director first explains the organizations Grassroots is partnering with and their goals. He/She also explains the salary, requirements, and the hiring process (aka, the trial time before you actually get hired). Then, they call you a personal interview. It really depends on your past experiences. If you have had leadership roles, are good at communicating, and show passion, the interview is rather short.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work with (insert name of organization)   Answer Question
    • If I am in the fence of donating $15, what would you say to make me actually do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

They literally hire you if you look attractive. You don't really have to juice anything because they all know what you will be really doing, canvassing. You're basically going to beg people for their cash and you have a certain quota you have to fulfill or you're fired.

Fundraiser Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns.

Interview

The Assistant Canvassing Director sat down with me and asked me questions. I answered the questions honestly. The questions were about my experience, but also about where I stood on the issues. I was also asked about how I would respond in a hypothetical situation.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any leadership experience?   1 Answer
    • Have you Canvassed Before?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if somebody you stopped was hesitant to give you money?   1 Answer

Canvasser Interview

Interview

- easy going people, there was not a lot of questions just basically as long as you were sort of talkative and outgoing they would probably hire you
    - Short interview at the office, you can get started working the next day if you want or even right after the interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Sacramento, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was not told that there would be a group interview to begin with, which took about 30 minutes mostly because we were waiting on a meeting to be over so interviewer could use the office they were in. My individual interview finally happened over an hour after I arrived for what I thought would not take that long. They answered my questions and offered me a job on the spot for 10.50 an hour. I really did this as a practice interview as I really did not want to do this job. It will work great for college kids.

Interview Questions

• What cause am I most passionate about.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, 10.50, take it or leave it.

Assistant Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

The phone call was very brief. I felt as if my resume was not looked at or taken into consideration because when I talked to them they thought I wanted a canvasser position! Clearly if they read my resume that would not be the case. I love grassroots campaigns & I know these environments are usually fast paced but whoever is making the initial phone call to prospects needs to actually LISTEN.

Field Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Learned a brief history of the organization, was asked about my leadership experience and skills, and I filled out some paperwork. The interview was very informal and friendly, and probably took about forty minutes.