HERE Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HERE Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.9

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HERE Technologies.

Interview

1 phone interview - job offer received and accepted. Joined company less than 2 weeks after starting interview process. Hiring manager was knowledgeable and kind. Too bad senior management does not value these traits and decides to do layoffs primarily on office location not what value you bring to the company or your team.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

STAY AWAY!!

Here are the facts:

1) I applied for a job at HERE Technologies.
    2) I was contacted within just a few days. {So far so good.}
    3) I had a telephone interview with the hiring manager, which went so well that I was immediately invited to onsite interviews. Those too went well (evidenced by the fact that the company then scheduled a “final” telephone interview with the manager of the hiring manager). {By all accounts, the call went well.}
    4) Two months after I had on-site interviews, I received an offer. I requested to review a few points of the offer and two days later, HR informed me that there was now a “hiring freeze” in effect. {Really? All of a sudden? After two months of stringing me along?}
    5) In fact, between receiving the offer and then having it rescinded due to a “hiring freeze” I had read on Glassdoor that the company had just reduced the 401K company match the prior week.
    6) Throughout the interview process, endless delays occurred due to employee travels. While I certainly know from experience the challenges associated with keeping up with office commitments while traveling, this “situation” seemed to be the norm at this company. Apparently, no business is conducted when someone is out of the office traveling. It’s amazing the company actually works in technology, because it certainly doesn’t operate with anything remotely coming close to a sense of urgency! These endless delays contributed to the two-month process. Perhaps if the company had its act together, I would have already been working at the company long before the” hiring freeze” went into effect. Perhaps I dodged a bullet. However, the company is now left with unfilled jobs and even more work on their desks due to endless feet-dragging. Congratulations! With such indecision and glacial decision-making, I think I’ll “pass” on buying any of the stock.
    7) Soon after the company told me that there was a “hiring freeze,” I saw that they’re still advertising for the job that I was offered. The job req description is exactly the same, but the posting date has been updated, indicating that the company was not only lying to me, but to all the other applicants who will also waste their time in applying and possibly interviewing. {The lack of respect, professionalism, even maturity, is astounding! Unfortunately, it’s all too common.}

Interview Questions

• How will you use your background, experience, and skills to succeed in this role?   Answer Question

Full Stack Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HERE Technologies in April 2017.

Interview

It was a referral , I got a call from the hiring manager itself . Phone interview for 45 minutes , I am an entry level but was asked experience level java questions.

Interview Questions

• What is multithreading , generics, oops, sql query, syntax for javascript etc   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HERE Technologies.

Interview

It starts by one hour phone interview which includes describing the details of my resume. Then three Skype interviews which was related to modelling of data scientist projects. They talked warmly and it was enjoyable. The programming questions was easier than other companies.

Interview Questions

• General programming questions related to basics of data structure like binary trees.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was long and the communication from both the hiring manager and HR was non-existent. It was clear the hiring manager was unsure of what they were looking for but they did not do a very good job of communicating.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience and how it relates to the role?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I got a call from technical recruiter after few weeks of my online application submission. He asked general background question and scheduled interview with team lead. I had 1 hour technical interview with him and they will ask wide range of question like core java, data structure, algorithm, Scala and do some code exercise for half an hour.
     I passed the technical interview with team lead and then they scheduled onsite interview with other team members. Cannot disclose questions because of NDA. But this interview is pretty easy than the first technical interview.

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

4 to 5 technical interviews. Questions ranged from singletons to threads. Data structures and algorithms were also prevalent. Then a decision by panel.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of nodes pointers write an algorithm to determine if they are connected.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Here is hiring software developers of all capacity and I was fortunate to get a call through a staffing company. I had phone interview with a team member and the questions were mainly in Java/ enterprise domain. I was also asked questions on past experiences. After that I was called onsite to meet and interview with the team. I was interviewed by 2 people at a time, 2 such interviews. Their focus was on problem solving, approach, architecture, scalability, java nuances, etc.

Overall, very talented, seasoned engineers with a role that gives you good opportunity to learn big data, Hadoop, AWS, all the hot technologies.

Interview Questions

• Architecture of project, Java OOPS, Maximum rectangle to fit list of given points on co-ordinate system, Fibonacci, etc.   Answer Question

Unfortunately had to pass the role as it was contract to hire and I wasn't comfortable taking it up.

Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I was called by hr and followed by a phone interview and then face to face interview. Very general q regarding the resume. Don't pay that well but benefit seemed good.

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HERE Technologies.

Interview

The initial phone screen was brief, nothing real technical, but asked me in for face time anyway. They scheduled the entire day. The first interview was a barrage of useless technical details that pushed the extreme as far as useful programming. It was more of a game for the arrogant little dweeb who ended up lying about my skills. Every other person appeared to have a chip on their shoulder. Steer clear of this career sinkhole. The people were either bored with their position or very paranoid. This was the office in Burlington Massachusetts.