HMSHost Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HMSHost Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2017

1.9

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews. Then a 1 on 1 with HR. 2nd interview with HR and director of operations. Was a great experience. Very professional. I was unprepared for one of there questions. I totally blanked.

The director was very patient with me and my blank look. He put me at ease, and rephrased the question. I eventually came around and said the answer. At this point i felt i blew the interview and, my chances of getting the job.

The interview concluded, and was told I would hear from HR in a few days. To my amazement, i get the call a day earlier then i was expecting. With a job offer!

Honestly a good company.

Interview Questions

• what's the 2 most important things to a corporation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at HMSHost (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

The interview was easy. They ask about your experience and if you can pass a background check. They also asked about your ability to stand for hours. When they hire you, you have to pass a background check and a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me a time when you were in an uncomfortable situation?   Answer Question

Storeroom Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HMSHost (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was very straight forward. I applied online and got a call 2 days later for an interview two days after that. I met the HR manager outside of security and we sat and talked for about 15 minutes. I appreciated that she acknowledged that most of the questions were not applicable because they were bout customer service, which I would not be doing. I had worked for this company in this position before, so I was very confident going in, and was hired on the spot after she explained the company and union benefits.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan your tasks when given a list?   1 Answer
    • What do you do if you and another employee don't get along?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HMSHost (Dallas, TX).

Interview

When you go for you're interview, you will get hired more than likely. There will be a lot more people there than you expect, and the majority of Managers just hire everyone that qualifies. Although they will talk to you and make sure you are friendly. I really don't recall the interview questions , as it has been 6 years

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost (Little Rock, AR) in July 2017.

Interview

Got a call after about a month, he screened me on the phone, told me about the restaurant and asked me about my life. He then invited me to an on-site interview. It was short and standard. He didn't read off of a sheet and wasn't monotone or boring. It was a real, engaging conversation. I felt like he cared about what I was saying, and didn't feel the need to lie. I was very comfortable. John gave the best interview I've ever participated in because he was to the point, and aimed to get to know me as a person. You know if you get a good vibe off someone within 5 minutes, and I hate the droning interviews most companies conduct.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • What constitutes great service to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at HMSHost (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview first. Than a formal meeting, background check and than a test on safety at Airport. Must wait about 3 days for background check. The process was quite lenghty for the background check.

Senior Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HMSHost (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

Initial interview with one of the managers and director, at same time; then I got invited back for a second interview with the VP/Corporate Controller. The interview styles on both occasions were conversational. Though I didn't land the job, they all seemed to be a supportive group of leaders looking for highly technical finance/accounting professional.

Server/Bartender Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HMSHost in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online - sent in resume, was told to go to job fair and then was told to come to an interview at the airport. went on interview - SUPER simple

Interview Questions

• Told me about position and expectations. Simple questions such as availability, if it sounded like a good fit, etc.   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

Overall it was fairly casual, but a little unprofessional. The interviewer was about an hour and a half late for 10+ interviews. We were in a public space. Some interviews lasted about 10 minutes mine lasted about 45 minutes and was mostly useless banter. Just about everyone got the job due to high turnover.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HMSHost (Portland, OR) in December 2016.

Interview

The interviewing manager seemed busy and distracted. The interview was misleading. I was told wages would be $2 an hour higher than they were, but was later told that wages were including tips.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one challenging experience at work that you were able to handle.   Answer Question