HMSHost Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HMSHost Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

1.9

Server/Bartender Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HMSHost in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online - sent in resume, was told to go to job fair and then was told to come to an interview at the airport. went on interview - SUPER simple

Interview Questions

• Told me about position and expectations. Simple questions such as availability, if it sounded like a good fit, etc.   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

Overall it was fairly casual, but a little unprofessional. The interviewer was about an hour and a half late for 10+ interviews. We were in a public space. Some interviews lasted about 10 minutes mine lasted about 45 minutes and was mostly useless banter. Just about everyone got the job due to high turnover.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

2 level interview process. First one is usually with the Brand Protector. The second interview is usually with 2 uppermanagement team members. The first interview was located in a bar that the company runs. The second interview was in the confrence room in the Main office area under the service areas.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel you could add to the identification of a problem, and how would you solve the situation? If you were hired, would you like to be considered in moving up in the company? What skill have you attained that make you feel qualified for the position in question.   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mantua, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HMSHost (Mantua, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and they called within a half hour. I scheduled an "interview" for the next day. She works both sides of the turnpike and I went to the one I originally applied for and was told she was at the other, so I was a little late. She was another few minutes herself, so she didn't seem to know or care that I was late. We went into the dining area and she said that the person who had called hadn't actually printed my application, so I had to tell her everything again. There wasn't a single experience/situational question other than if I had ever worked third shift. I hadn't applied planning on doing third shift anyway, but she told me they make $1 more plus work alone so they keep all the tips instead of splitting with others on a shift. She told me about their dress code and attendance point system and that if I got 3 points in my first 90 days I'd be fired and that was a write-up at any point after that then told me who to tell and how far in advance for requests off. She said as soon as my background check came back I'd be good to start. She said my first week will be training on first or second shift and about halfway through she'll meet with me to make sure I still want to do Starbucks (the busiest/hardest place in the plaza) and third shift, but she could move me to one of the other two restaurants or the gift shop for any shift if I don't catch on or decide not to do overnight. I left my wallet in the car, so I filled out the form for the background check outside (needed my license #). I came in and handed it to the girl working and ordered as well, debit card in hand, but she just gave it to me free.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HMSHost (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

They just hires anyone who comes to apply. They host a job fair,no one got turned around due to them being so desperate. Ppl quit the same week they start due to them finding out about the pay! Which they would tell you a pay rate at the time of the interview to get you to stay! Then once u start it's something different.

Assistant Manager II Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

Easy interview. Management knew me already just had to get promoted and sign contract. Been with company for 4 years got to work in different restaurants recieveced promotion by my store manager

Transportation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

was 1/1 interview process. was easy. asked questions about past experience/ availability/negative overall experience/ but do not recommend it to anyone. what is your availability? Tell me about yourself/ was interviewed by 2 people.

Interview Questions

• availability/ Why should we hire you? what is customer service for you/tell me about yourself   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

The interview process was quick and informal since it took place during a job fair. The man conducting the interview was actually writing down everything on a piece of paper as I told him the answers. Looking back everything seemed like just a formality. It seem they had already decided to hire me after hearing my availability.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?   1 Answer

Runner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HMSHost (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I applied online, they called me the same day for a brief telephone interview, the next day was the interview in person. They talked to me about the position and if I was willing to do it, after I said yes, they asked me about myself and then, they told me that I had to go for a introduction session the next week.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Basic process. One face to face interview with standard situational questions. As long as you pass the background check they hire you. High turnover job due to weak management controls.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A