HMSHost Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at HMSHost

1.9

Utility Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranbury, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HMSHost (Cranbury, NJ) in February 2020.

Interview

Very informal, guy explains everything to me, I thought I’d be a “Parking Lot Attendant” which I applied for, but turned out it was really for a garbage man/janitor. Signed papers got to work the next week.

Lounge Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HMSHost (Fort Worth, TX) in December 2019.

Interview

Very brief and Straight to the point. First, it was a phone interview and then face to face interview. Face to face interview was also very short. Asked about customer service, what skills are needed for customer service.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HMSHost (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I went to their job fair in Chicago and the interview was short and friendly. I was hired on the spot. They gave me so paperwork to begin badging

Anonymous Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost (Westminster, CO) in June 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a senior level Manager for a phone interview. The position was outlined, and we spoke for almost 45 minutes. She indicated that she felt I had every quality needed, and the exact experience that they were looking for. I was told another Manager would
     contact me for an in person interview the following week. She told me to let her know if I didn’t hear anything, as the manager that was going to contact me was new. I didn’t hear anything and reached out a week later to let her know. Now a couple weeks down the road, despite several attempts to get a hold of her, I have had no calls or responses to my emails. It’s fine if the position was filled, but it’s a good recruiting practice to notify other candidates when a job is filled, especially when you tell them what a great fit you think they’ll be for the position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my successes staffing in an airport environment.   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

I got called in to have a sit-down interview with the manager. He was really nice and everything was super easy and laid back. He only asked me a few questions, mostly just about myself and past job experiences. Got offered job on the spot and filled out the forms for a background check afterwards.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost (Dallas, TX) in March 2019.

Interview

Applied online. Then brief HR screen via phone. Then brief 30 min interview via phone with hiring leader. Was advised next steps to follow in coming days. I followed up via email and informed few more days needed. I followed up again and got no reply from both HR and hiring leader. I moved on.

Assistant Director of Food and Beverage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Interview

Had a LONG string of emails between me and the woman in HR with a firm 11 AM interview on Friday. I drove 45 minutes to the Airport, parked, found my interview spot at 10:45 and checked in. I proceeded to wait until 11:30, until finally going to the counter to ask if someone was coming down. I was told yes, that they had just spoke to someone, and they were on their way. I waited another 7 minutes or so, until a lady came up to me, just to tell me that they didn't have me on their schedule for the day. I told them who I spoke to, that we had emailed back and forth and agreed on this day/time, they said that person was in orientations until at least 2pm, therefore I couldn't wait at all, oh and by the way, they don't validate my parking. They told me to write my name and number down, and someone would be in touch. Their apology was pretty tepid, and they made excuse after excuse, not really taking responsibility, acting as if it was just a goddamn mix up.

Nobody contacted me, not even to apologize, until I emailed THEM, basically to SOLICIT their contact. And funnily enough, the lady that got back to me (the same original lady from HR) said she was in the "hospital" sick, and had just got back that day (?) Strange, since she had been in "orientations" all day on Friday. I replied with this factoid, and asked her if I had been dismissed as a candidate - knowing full well what she would say - nothing, not a peep.

Nightmare experience. Screw up my interview, waste my gasoline and time, take parking $$, and then either can't get their lies straight, or the employees don't know what one another looks like. AVOID AVOID AVOID if a company will treat you like this with an INTERVIEW, then imagine how they must treat their employees.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. I never got to the interview because of their incompetence.   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2019.

Interview

Interviewer was extremely friendly and easy to talk to. A lot of scenario questions are asked. Be prepared! They tell you if you’re hired right after the interview which is really nice.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2019.

Interview

I went to one of the job fairs and was hired on the spot. I walked into the hotel, signed in on a piece of paper and had a seat. 10 min later i was called in to meet with one of the managers, and she asked me what my availability was and if i knew anyone who worked at the airport currently

Interview Questions

• i was literally only asked what my availability was and that’s it   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

Good interview with friendly staff. I originally applied for a different position and HR called asking me to apply for something else they thought I’d be a good fit for.

Interview Questions

• What’s the most important thing to a company   1 Answer