KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

HMSHost Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 251 of over 251 interviews

1.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at HMSHost

HMSHost

Application

I interviewed at HMSHost

Interview

They hold two interviews on average. Call back time is not extensive. Waiting period for airport security badge is what really holds up the time between the job offer and starting the job.

Interview Questions
  • Describe how you would perform in this role.
    Answer Question

HMSHost

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HMSHost

Interview

I filled out the application online, then a third party called me and did the interview over the phone. It took about 5 minutes total. It was very easy and quick. But the rest of the hiring process took about 6 weeks total due to having to get federal background check and all.

Interview Questions
  • What would make me a good candidate for the job?

HMSHost

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost in May 2022

Interview

Streamlined, yet the process is easier at this particular airport due to the gracious staff. Made everything as less stressful and gave me a less of an on edge vibe of nervousness. Which is a big plus since most interviews post pandemic now can be a nervous "wanna go back to work experience".

Interview Questions
  • Basic background work history questions, which are from a set list of questions for corporate purposes. If your experienced and have a genuine love for what you do job wise, should be a easier experience.
1 person found this interview helpful

HMSHost

Application

I interviewed at HMSHost

Interview

First I received a call from HR with some initial screening questions. Then they scheduled me for an interview. The interview was with one of the managers and it took like 15m. They asked common interview questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

HMSHost

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at HMSHost in Apr 2022

Interview

Standard questions, information about company and employment. Transparency and positivity in communication as well as clear expectations and responsibilities. A comfortable meeting with energetic staff, all necessary details provided. Positive experience.

Interview Questions
  • What are your previous work experiences and did you enjoy them?

Anonymous Employee in Copenhagen, Capital Region

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost (Copenhagen, Capital Region) in Apr 2022

Interview

Good interview just left a little confused post interview process but all in all it wasn’t bad at all . More communication would be ideal though . Interviewer was very polite and professional.

Interview Questions
  • What makes you want to work at this corporation.

Anonymous Employee in Kenner, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost (Kenner, LA) in Jan 2022

Interview

I went to the job fair and was hired on the spot within 30 minutes. I was promised a sign on bonus and was never awarded it without practically begging management. Hiring process was long. took about two weeks to get hired after getting badged.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HMSHost (Las Vegas, NV) in Nov 2021

Interview

Very easy interview process. Made me feel comfortable and welcomed and easy to talk to. Explained the whole process with detailed information and explained how the hiring process worked and the benefits of the company.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation where I went above and beyond for a customer?

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HMSHost (Newark, DE)

Interview

The interview was pretty laxed. It was mostly a bunch of customer service experience related questions and availability questions. I think they needed to staff the plaza at the time honestly.

Interview Questions
  • What experience do you have? Have you bartended/been a barista before? How would you handle a difficult customer?

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost (Milwaukee, WI) in Jun 2021

Interview

Job fair. Go through a Round of questions regarding your background. Then if called back , you have to have a background test followed by finger printing. Badging takes a week and soon afterwards orientation with a paid training period.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 251 Interviews

HMSHost Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at HMSHost as 59.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 1.94 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Cashier and Shift Supervisor rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Server and Barista roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at HMSHost takes an average of 14 days when considering 254 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Cashier had the quickest hiring process (on average 6 days), whereas Bartender roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 19 days).

Common stages of the interview process at HMSHost according to 254 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 28.32%