HMSHost Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

Sort:

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HMSHost (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Two people interviewed me had me wait outside then called me back in to set up a badge appt explain the hiring process, and set up the next day for me to enter orientation after that i was givendors a contract to sign stating my pay rate.

Assistant Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HMSHost (Saint Paul, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

I met on of the Area Managers at a job fair. I was interviewed by her and then I was contacted the very next day by a Regional Director for a 2nd interview. I was given a 3rd interview within 5 days after that. The process was very good. Fast. Area Directors were very nice. Very pleasant process.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to manage a store that does not have a set "peak" time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Really no negotiations phase involved. Very straight forward.

Assistant Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HMSHost (Denver, CO) in November 2010.

Interview

Interview process is fairly easy. If you have worked in the industry for a few years in a managerial capacity and are able to give appropriate corporate friendly answers during an interview, this is not a difficult job to obtain.

Interview Questions

• There is a question about what would you do when 5 different things happen on a crazy day. The idea is that you are able to correctly prioritize each item in their order of importance. Listen to all of the items before you start speaking and it is ok to ask for them to be repeated.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is a salary window for every position. This window is generally about 6-8K so always ask for a couple extra thousand more than is offered. Nobody gets offended and you will get an honest yea or no.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

Easy interview. Management knew me already just had to get promoted and sign contract. Been with company for 4 years got to work in different restaurants recieveced promotion by my store manager

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews. Then a 1 on 1 with HR. 2nd interview with HR and director of operations. Was a great experience. Very professional. I was unprepared for one of there questions. I totally blanked.

The director was very patient with me and my blank look. He put me at ease, and rephrased the question. I eventually came around and said the answer. At this point i felt i blew the interview and, my chances of getting the job.

The interview concluded, and was told I would hear from HR in a few days. To my amazement, i get the call a day earlier then i was expecting. With a job offer!

Honestly a good company.

Interview Questions

• what's the 2 most important things to a corporation?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elverson, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost (Elverson, PA) in November 2011.

Interview

It's a simple process. You answer many of the same questions you answered on the online form. Managers ARE friendly; after all, they deal with people and employees all day. If you seem reasonable intelligent and are willing to do the work, they'll give you a chance. Your first time there will be a bit confusing because the employees and customers don't share a parking lot.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

By the time I applied they used a phone test, which I passed because after a week they called me. I got interview for line cook at burger king since I didn't speak English at the time, I had to work BOH. They hired me, but instead of burger king I went to work at Casa Bacardi, where I was able to learn, English as well as the skills to become a server.

Interview Questions

• They asked me, how I was going to be able to communicate with the server and other co-workers that didn't speak Spanish?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They said that like every other job, the communication was a very important part of the position, and that they were going to give me the opportunity to show them that I could pass the barrier of the language, and I did.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

I applied on its website. Couple days late, I got an email and scheduled an phone interview. After the phone interview, an interview was scheduled. The interview was not hard. Regular interview questions. No skill tests.

Short Order Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

There is seven to ten people in the room. We all came to sit in front of the supervisor and was interview one by one. When the whole process was over, she told us we need identification and to be hand-printed to check our background. Once our backgrounds are clear that we would come back and sign tax forms and be trained before we started working.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HMSHost (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and easy. At first I declined as I wasn't looking for a bartending position. A server position became available and then it wasn't. I was called again for a bartending position I accepted and was brought right in to start the badging process where I am no waiting for the background check to be completed.