HNTB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 29, 2018

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HNTB (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, a month later received a response to do a phone interview with HR. After HR meeting did a phone interview with a few engineers, and then completed a video interview with the team I would be working with two weeks later. I received an offer a week later. The HR team seems to be amazing, and the engineers who I spoke are great.

Project Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HNTB (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

I had not applied but was contacted by a recruiter who found my profile on LinkedIn. We had a couple informal phone interviews before they asked if I would be willing to interview in person. I was given a couple assessment tests on my knowledge of Excel and basic contract language which were more difficult than I anticipated but they are designed to test your level of comfort rather than a pass/fail exam. The hiring manager and accompanying staff were very friendly and professional. The questions were generally about my past experiences and how I would react in different situations.

Interview Questions

• When you have a disagreement with a colleague, how to you continue to work with them in a professional manner?   Answer Question

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HNTB (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Came into the office and met with the team. Very nice group of people in a relaxed environment. Perhaps too lax. Received a verbal confirmation but never a formal offer. Didn't appreciate being kept in limbo.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous project analyst experience.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HNTB (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It was my wierdest interview experience.
    I applied online for a job in october 2016.
    I got a call in january 2017. It was HR screening. She said she will get back to me in one week.
    No response after more than a week. I followed up. She said she will let me know. Followed up with after not hearing from her. A telephonic interview was set up with a Vice President.
    Talked to the VP over the phone and everything clicked. He said they will call me for face to face by next week.
    No response after a week. I followed up with the recruiter. She said it will take about another 2 weeks to set up a face to face interview.
    No response after that time frame. I followed up. Another telecon was set with the Area leader and VP of human resources for the following week. Telecon happened and after an hour of telecom the HR representative insisted to let them know my salary range expectation. I replied with what my expectation were and it was within what they were offering.
    No response for more than 2 weeks. I DID NOT followed up.
    The HR rep called me if I would be interested in another job that they are trying to fill and has the same salary range.
    I said No thank you.

After talking to so many players involved I could feel the disconnect and internal politics in the Company
    I felt that I really don't want to be a part of a company that has already scared me with their convoluted interview process.

Interview Questions

• Position related questions and how how my experience relate to what they are looking for   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HNTB in April 2017.

Interview

A series of phone interviews, with the section manager at the office I was applying to. I go to school out of state, so the only way I was able to interview was over the phone. HNTB was very accommodating with this factor.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HNTB (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Telephone call from Regional Recruiter one day after submitting resume to position which was positive and in person interview set up within a week. Was emailed a link to fill out an application and a Drake personality survey from an HR Coordinator. In person interview with HR Manager and Administration Manager for an hour with 20 behavioral questions. I was told they would skip some questions if I had already answered it and it covered one of the other questions. They were only focused on behavioral questions and it seemed as if they were picked out of the HR behavioral manual or the Drake survey.

Interview Questions

• What is the worst thing that happened to you in the last 6 months?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you and your supervisor did not agree and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How do you decide what task to do first when you have more than one?   Answer Question
    • If you are already working on a something that has a deadline and you know you have to get it done today and someone else gives you something and they tell you it's important, how do you decide what to finish first when you know you can only do one?   1 Answer

Inspector I Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at HNTB (New York, NY).

Interview

Sat down with the PE for the Detroit, MI office. Knew I was going to get the job going into it - thats how this company operates - fair warning.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the table?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HNTB (Miami, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

They call and ask a few questions over the phone. Then set up a meeting for a personal interview. There they ask very specific questions and go over every single line of your resume.

Water Resources Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HNTB (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

First was a phone interview screening with a recruiter out of state. The interview screening was only a 15 minute phone call. There were only a handful of simple questions about skills and interests. I was told that I would hear back shortly, but I had to email back a month later to hear that I didn't make it to the next round. The recruiter was very friendly, but the friendliness may be confused with interest in hiring you.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with AutoCad? When are you available to start? What are you looking for in a company?   Answer Question

ITS Stuff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HNTB (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I got a phone interview for a potential position related to ITS. The person I was talking to got my resume days before. He said their group had a potential project related to ITS. After they win the project, they will begin hiring people. The aim of the interview was to check whether I was interested for the potential position, so that they can keep my resume. The process was quite friendly and I got several information on the duty of the job and the career ladder of the position.