HNTB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HNTB (Baton Rouge, LA) in October 2014.

Interview

Ask basic questions
    Tell me about yourself
    What is you greatest strength and weakness
    why are you interested in the company
    tell me about a time you dealt with a conflict
    Why should i hire you
    what do you know about our company
    what questions do you have for us
    how does your past work experience relate to this job

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HNTB in October 2014.

Interview

Went through a phone screening with Recruiting, 4 in-person interviews one afternoon, and a final phone interview with their Group Director. Then nothing. after a few days of not hearing anything, I called 3 times, left two voicemails over the course of a week - they would not answer the calls or return messages. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Great questions from the Group Director around leadership skills and traits.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HNTB (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with Vice President on rail division and finance division.
    Overall Only 1 interview. No phone screening
    No on-site interview.
    The phone interview took 30-45 mins
    no relocation mechanism for interns.
    Work examples are very important in the overall evaluation process.
    from interview to receive official letter, it takes 4-6 weeks

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions:
      Tell me more about your background and projects you worked on
      Submit work examples
      May require recommendation letters   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HNTB (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, a month later received a response to do a phone interview with HR. After HR meeting did a phone interview with a few engineers, and then completed a video interview with the team I would be working with two weeks later. I received an offer a week later. The HR team seems to be amazing, and the engineers who I spoke are great.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HNTB in April 2017.

Interview

A series of phone interviews, with the section manager at the office I was applying to. I go to school out of state, so the only way I was able to interview was over the phone. HNTB was very accommodating with this factor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at HNTB (Oakland, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

the office was set up nicely with pretty receptionist. but the person who did the interview did not seem too interested. they had big projects but it may have not been very interesting.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HNTB in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online in October, contacted late november/early december to see if I was still interested. Emailed and talked on the phone with an HR rep who set up the interview. I told the HR girl I could meet on a Wednesday morning or Friday afternoon (this was during finals week so there was no wiggle room), she scheduled it for Tuesday and wasn't happy when I told her that would not work. She also told me I would be reimbursed for travel expense (5.5 hour drive there and another 5.5 hours back) but I never was and when I emailed the HR rep about it, she did not respond.
    I was supposed to interview with 3 people, only 1 showed up. He was very rude, interrupted me while I was speaking before I could finish answering the question. He asked me about things that were not only on my resume, but I had spoken about 5 minutes prior (Do you have internship experience? When will you graduate school?). He checked his phone while meeting with me several times. He was clearly not interested in me or anything I had to say and acted as if I was wasting his time. Incredibly disrespectful to someone who traveled 11 hours to be there.
    The final straw was when he said projects need to get done on time regardless of quality and I was naive for thinking things should be done right the first time.
    I have interviewed for several internships and jobs and gotten an offer on every single one. I have never left an interview with such a bad impression of a company

Interview Questions

• How do you strike a balance between getting things done right and getting them done on time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HNTB (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview was ok. First round after career fair went well and then was flown out for second round which tedious. Seems like a great place to work, unfortunately feedback was not positive and no offer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HNTB (Houston, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Pretty simple process, probably because I had a personal connection with one of the PMs. Started off with short email correspondence and discussion of skills. Shortly after I had a phone interview with the another PM. Very brief discussion of education, precious experience (I had none), and interests in the field. About a week later I received an official offer letter. 3 weeks all told

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness and how can you improve it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HNTB (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Very friendly HR and college relations staff. Applied online and they reached out to schedule and interview with the VP. Personality based questions to see if you would be a good fit for the company. Person that was interviewing me asked questions to try to get to know me to see if I would be right for the job at hand. Asked open ended questions. Asked about academic of professional interests.