Hensel Phelps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Hensel Phelps

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps.

Interview

I received a series of phone calls from different people within the company two were from hiring managers and the other was from a project inspector. It took a little over a month.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   Answer Question
    • Talk about what sets you apart from your peers. Do you consider yourself a self starter?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They sent me an offer letter to my email within 30 mins of my last phone interview.

Construction Estimator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got phone interview with HR and the Chief Estimator. Nothing spectacular to look forward to. over all great experience to better prepare for the next company

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding my previous experience: Difficult scenario, challenging projects etc...   Answer Question

Construction Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (Orlando, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Amazing, Got to meet the head of different departments. I got a feeling that it was a really nice place to work. We rotated talking to the same person for about an hour each. I got to talk to the guy that does BIM as well.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I got into Construction Management   1 Answer

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I was referred by an executive from another major contractor who spoke to a construction management class. He said the interviewer was very approachable and willing to help find the right people and guide those to a place in the company and if was better to another firm outside the company. After a few attempts by email I was able to meet with upper management. They were very encouraging and keen to help and see if there a place in the organization. He looked at both the companies perspective and what he thought was the interviewees perspective to see what might be a good fit. Ultimately I went to another firm, but left with a healthy respect for their positive attitude.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question would be: Distill10 years (insert your yrs) of experience into one or two direct lines that sum up your focus and career path.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps.

Interview

I had one in person interview at the NSBE career fair. The interview consisted of two people. It was like a panel interview. It wasn't nerve wreaking they were both very easy to talk to.

Internship Interview

Interview

I had a short phone call interview asking me very casual questions, very laid back. And then an in person interview that took about an hour with one of the executives I believe. Overall process was fairly short, I was applying for an internship with no real construction job experience.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps.

Interview

It was good. Interviewer was friendly. He was easy to talk to and not intimidating at all. It was a good interview experience, even though I did not get the job.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps in October 2015.

Interview

I happened to know the interviewer, simple questions with no hassel. I was looking for an internship a year from now, he told me that he cannot promise me that. I'll interview with HP again next semester and try to get an offer from them. Overall, it was a great interview experience.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps in October 2015.

Interview

Very laid back. Had interview at a restaurant with a group of three people. They asked a lot of questions regarding previous construction experience. I believe they were looking for someone with a little more than what I had.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

The interviewers were nice and the process took about 20 minutes. There were three staff interviewing me. They asked me some general questions. What I would do if I disagreed with my manager, etc.And they also gave me a scenario question, which I was not very familiar with.