Hensel Phelps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 29, 2017

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps.

Interview

I received a series of phone calls from different people within the company two were from hiring managers and the other was from a project inspector. It took a little over a month.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   Answer Question
    • Talk about what sets you apart from your peers. Do you consider yourself a self starter?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They sent me an offer letter to my email within 30 mins of my last phone interview.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

Good Cop/Bad Cop. One interviewer seemed genuine and interested in your background/history. The other seemed to have an attitude problem and was not interested in doing the interview at all.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Spoke briefly in person, and was advised to fill out online application as well. After doing so I was asked if a certain time/date would work for a phone interview, then would not hear back for a week. After the third occurrence I told them I was no longer interested.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps.

Interview

There were about 6 20 mins interview. You meet with different level of the management. The interview was not hard but it took about 2 hours. Traditional interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why do you want to work in construction?
      Name some tools used in the construction?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was conducted by both the General superintendent and the Operations Manager for this specific project. Interviewed with each one on one for approximately 45 minutes. They concentrated heavily on experience listed in resume, asked some typical questions to reveal decision making processes and character.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you have resolved a conflict with a subcontractor?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The entire interview process with Hensel Phelps was a pleasure. The head of the marketing department followed up with my resume submission fairly quickly after I applied online. We spoke over the phone briefly (10/15 minutes) about what I was looking for as far as the Marketing Coordinator position and compensation. She extended the invite to meet for an in-person interview the following week. I met with 3 members of the marketing team. The interview was not intimidating at all as they were all very eager to listen and carry on conversation. Questions were reasonable, they had me describe my previous experience in detail, asked for my knowledge on different types of software, and my ability to multitask and organize. She followed up within the next few days with an offer. At the time I unfortunately had to decline, which I regret and should of pursued the opportunity, but I am thankful for a great interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge over specific software (InDesign, Photoshop, Microsoft Word), detail of previous work experience, ways I organize myself and handle multi-tasking, volunteer efforts for previous employeer   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aiea, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (Aiea, HI).

Interview

Applied through an email online, simply sent resume, and was then invited to the office for an internship. Went to the office on our scheduled day, was promptly welcomed in. Asked a series of questions that seemed like more of a conversation than a strict interview.

IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greeley, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps (Greeley, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online, which does not have a apply online button. You must apply for the job you want, there is no pile of resumes just sitting around. When they called, the first phone interview went great. Only about 15 minutes. About two weeks later they called for another interview in Greeley. Upon arriving, I notice that the building that their corp. is in is really nice. Lots of awards. I interviewed with The IT manager and the DBMS manager.

Field Engineer/Office Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps in October 2016.

Interview

Met them at a university career fair and stayed in touch afterwards. I got an email about scheduling a phone interview a few weeks later. The person in charge of hiring was very nice, and kept me in the loop the entire time. They did a phone interview first to determine if you're a match, and then they bring people in to the main office for in person interviews.

Field Engineer/Office Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hensel Phelps in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview that was easy. The employee that held my interview was very nice and easy going. Not very many questions, more of a phone conversation than an interview. I got invited to do an on-site interview the following month, which consists of 5 interviews, each being roughly 20 minutes a piece.