Humana Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2017

2.9

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humana (Overland Park, KS) in June 2017.

Interview

Spoke first with a recruiter, who asked only two questions. I've since had three interviews, each with two people. They've asked a mixture of behavioral questions, and simple questions. Before the second interview, I was asked to read about a fictional situation and prepare agendas for meetings.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a project that you led that did not turn out as expected. What did you do to improve the outcome?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Humana

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humana.

Interview

First interview was Telephonic with a recording.. which could be difficult if you think of something later in the process, you cannot go back and change nor add to anything previously stated. If your questions are answered satisfactory, the next interview would be a face to face with regional personnel.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Tampa, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied through Humana Careers. Initial interview was a recorded interview on Montage System. Follow-up interview was through the Montage system and was a video interview with Team Leader and two other project managers.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions that solicited examples of how I would support Humana Core Values.   Answer Question
    • Also asked for examples of projects I've managed.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

excellent use of time to expose me to culture and values. I would recommend humana to anyone looking for a job. wide range of opportunities.

Interview Questions

• what is the most challenging work place solution you had to do.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY) in October 2013.

Interview

Recruiter call, then two interviews with the business team and hiring manager. One final phone interview with the Director then they called back a few days later with an offer.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Humana in February 2012.

Interview

Internal recruiters are great once they find you- Taleo system is not liked by majority

Interview Questions

• describe your Management style- and how you deal wit others of different PM styles   Answer Question
    • How do you excel feel about managing projects virtually.   Answer Question

Negotiation

easy

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY) in January 2012.

Interview

the process was ok but very very long. Get EXACT details of what you will be doing and what your responsibilities will be. Make sure you know what you are expected to do and how they want it done. Humana is not looking for people who work outside the box.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Irving, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

It was very disconnected - the manager/team interviewing me was not in synch with the HR people, so there were many miscommunications and bumps in the process. Basically, a resume is submitted (I used careerbuilder), and a manager calls you - unbeknownst to HR .... very disconnected.

Interview Questions

• There were no real questions! It was basically getting to know you to see if they like you. That probably should have been a big warning sign.   Answer Question

The benefits were atrocious (heatlth benefits, unbelievably).

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY) in March 2011.

Interview

Rather lengthy interview process. You begin with an automated HR interview followed by another phone interview. Then, if you make it into the pool you might sit with either an HR rep or the manager of the department. The entire process can take up to 2-3 months. Don't expect a rapid process.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work keeps you motivated and engaged to come into work?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Humana in November 2011.

Interview

Had 3 interviews for a Project Manager position. First a phone screen by a recruiter who asked basic questions like why I wanted to work for Humana, describe what I currently do in my job, strengths/weaknesses, etc. Then about 4 weeks later I had a follow-up phone call that I had been selected to do another phone interview with the hiring manager for the position I applied for. This was more analytical type questions - how do I manage multiple projects at once, how do I deal with unhappy clients, what am I looking for in a job, etc. Finally about 3 weeks after that I was called to set up an in-person interview. I scheduled my interview for 2 weeks from that day (soonest they could do it). The in person interview consisted of a panel of 4 people interviewing me in a Q&A type interview. A lot of questions were situational questions - how would I handle different situations and problems. It lasted about 3 hours. Then, I got a call almost 3 weeks after that with a job offer. It was a very long process, but its a big corporation and that is just a part of trying to get in the door with such a large company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you worked in a group setting to achieve a goal and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about some of the ways that you have increased efficiency at your current job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They made an offer based off what I was currently making in my job, but it was $7k higher than I am currently making, so it was a great offer.