Humana Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Pharmacy Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Irving, TX).

Interview

11.27.17-Applied online. The online application does have a interactive component where you listen to pre-recorded calls that simulate the call center environment and you have to record information while listening. It was fairly simple, they are looking to see if you can listen, type, and multitask to a certain extent. Soon after I received a confirmation email that my application had been received.

12.04.17-Received an text message stating they've reviewed my background and feel I may be a good fit for the position and asking if I had a few minutes to answer some questions. I thought this 2nd screening was pretty cool because you just text back and forth. It asked pretty straight forward questions like, "Have you ever worked for Humana or one of it's affiliates?", "Why are you looking for part time work?" (for this they're looking to make sure they won't lose you or that you're just working there until you can find a full time position) and "What is the best part of customer service?"

12.11.17-Received and email stating I've met all the requirements so far and invited me to schedule an in-person interview. They provided a link to sign up online.

---brief break for holiday season---

01.10.17- Had the in-person interview. It was me, another candidate, and two hiring managers It was very easy going and casual. They asked each candidate 2 behavioral based STAR questions and discussed details about the job. Very laid back, no need to be intimidated. Be sure to bring multiple paper copies of your resume to the interview. In your STAR formatted answers, be sure to include ways that you went above and beyond, ways you dealt with angry customers, and try to drop any special projects you've previously worked on to help you stand out.

Interview Questions

• Describe your most rewarding customer service experience.   2 Answers
    • Describe a time when you had to quickly establish a report with others.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to multitask within different systems.   Answer Question

Agent Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was in a group setting. A lot of the questions were pointless or did not have anything to do with my ability to perform. They make you feel very comfortable and want you be yourself. show personality and that you're ready and willing to work and then job is yours.

Contracts Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Humana (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

I had a total of 3 interviews, one with HR discussing the role, my second interview was with the hiring manager after maybe a month of us playing email tag and then with a face to face with the hiring manager another director and the VP of Contract and Operations

Interview Questions

• They asked all the basic interview questions, why do you want to work for Humana, why would you be a good fit ect...   Answer Question

Patient Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Humana (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Was contacted to do a phone interview with automated phone system very self explanatory and easy questions . What can you bring to the company ( qualifications) :
    Why should we choose you ,

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where your outcome in a situation did not come out as you had hoped for .   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Humana in November 2014.

Interview

Leading up to the interview there is a lot of pre-work to be done to impress them before getting that in person interview. You have to do a phone interview that is an automated process. That made me nervous. Then there is a skill assessment online to do. During the interview, a new person was asked to sit in on my interview because they were training that person for a higher position. It was nice to have that person in there because that person was just as nervous as I was. The 2 people I interviewed with were very nice and we had discussions about things like we were friends out for a cup of coffee. It was a great interview. The best I had in years.

Interview Questions

• If we were to ask the person who is not your biggest fan about you, what would they say? If we asked your biggest about you, what would they say?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered more than I expected. I couldn't pass up the salary and benefit package offered to me. It was that good.

Perl Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Humana (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Recruitment screening, Test, phone interview, webcam interview, upper mgt panel interview. Meeting with both the hiring manager, recruiter, and various peers of the role. Test was mostly logic and programming questions in peril, Java, and other languages

Interview Questions

• What programming language is my strongest   1 Answer

ITPM Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humana in February 2017.

Interview

Automated recording questionnaire (impersonal) used for interview. Questions presented and brief 2 second pauses for response times with no replay options. Absolutely no follow-up and when I sent an email inquiry seeking an update I received an email informing me that I was no longer being considered for the position.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Humana (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter first. My resume was pulled from LinkedIn. Then on site with manager/s. Progressed to 2nd interview with team. Enjoyed the people I met on site and the recuiter was a good representative for the company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY) in March 2012.

Interview

Fairly straightforward and not difficult. Referred by a friend, and knew other internal contacts. Not intimidating and east overall. Liked the process recruiters and process. Met a few people on the current team and was taken to lunch.

Interview Questions

• About my experience and motivation   1 Answer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY) in April 2016.

Interview

Easy behavioral questions mixed with basic job related questions. They really like when you explain end to end process in details. Dress properly, be confident, be relaxed and speak clearly.

Special Investigator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humana.

Interview

I applied for this job online, and within two days I received an email saying I had been selected for a phone interview. I scheduled this interview via the link they provided. A few days later, the recruiter called at the exact time, and I had a 25 minute phone interview. This mainly consisted of going over my resume and experience, very similar to a job screening online. He asked a few questions about specific work experiences, etc. At the end of the interview, he said he was recommending to the Hiring Managers that I move on to the next phase, which would be an online video interview. He then said I would hear back from either him or a Hiring Manager from Humana in the next 5 to 7 business days. After the 7 day mark came and went and I had not heard anything, I attempted to call back the number the recruiter had called me from for the phone interview. I was not sure if I had somehow missed the call. I left a voicemail and never heard anything back. I attempted to send an email a week later to the email address I originally received (not thinking this would actually be read by someone), but never received any reply. The job was still open for a few more weeks, and eventually I received an email saying another candidate had been chosen. I was not impressed at all with this process. I would have rather not been told at the end of the first interview he was recommending I move along in the process, if I was never going to hear from them again. I realize things happen and they likely found someone they wanted to hire, but a system in place to find out your status in the hiring process would be beneficial. This made me appreciate the current company I work for, and I won't be applying for any Humana jobs again.