Huron Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Healthcare Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2018.

Interview

1. screening with healthcare hiring manager 2. strictly behavioral interview with healthcare director 3. video case with healthcare director 4. office visit with 3 parts I. coffee chat with two current analysts and another candidate II. fit/behavioral with director III. fit with associate Huron was very receptive in their communications to me and in answering my questions throughout the process. Each step was conducted very professionally and also felt very personal, which separated Huron from other places I interviewed with. The hiring manager was especially great. I got my offer letter the Monday after my Friday interview, and accepted after having a great experience all around.

Interview Questions

• Typical tell me about a time questions. Many of them relate to Huron's core values on their website. The case was mostly interviewer led and related to a hospital staffing issue. Be sure to verbalize your thought process and be structured in your reponses.   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

Online Assessment Test:
    --1 min self-introduction
    --10 excel questions
    Super easy as long as you have experiences with excel, you will be able to answer all correctly.

Reference Form:
    Have to fill out a reference form with 2 references

On-site Interview:
    One leadership interview and one case interview.
    Leadership interviews: very typical. Tell me a time...Why consulting...Why huron.....

Case interview: very different from what you would prepare for McKinsey..Bain..etc. It is interviewer-led and the questions are very general. First two questions are about why this happened with this client and what is your solution..then the third question interviewer asked me to make a recommendation to upper level management ASSUMING that I have all my data and research done. There is a math problem following the case interview as well. Very simple.

Overall experience is average. They made you feel very welcome but after the interview, they won't answer your follow-up email at all.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was 5 stages. 1. Phone screen, 2. Excel assessment test, 3. 45 minute phone interview, 4. Case interview, 5. Final round office visit

The interview process was rigorous but pleasant. Everyone I interacted with at Huron was very friendly and genuinely interested in getting to know me. The phone interviews were standard behavioral interviews but felt much more conversational than others I have undergone. The case study is both qualitative and quantitative but if you are familiar with general case interview approaches then you will be fine. Final round was an office visit with a couple of interviews with managers and consultants.

Interview Questions

• I was asked many of the questions that previous reviews listed. Why Huron? Why consulting? Why this practice? then on to standard behavioral interview questions to gage your experience, fit, and working style. Find a way to turn the interview into a conversation.   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Completed excel test, on-campus interview (case and behavioral), final round in office. Case was fairly straight-forward, very interviewer led. Everyone was extremely helpful and nice throughout the process. Very willing to answer questions and very committed to company values.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in December 2017.

Interview

Process starts with phone interview with recruiter, followed by two more phone interviews with managing directors. Following that is an invitation for the onsite interview day which consists of 4 interviews (Peer, Values, Case, Behavior). All interviewers were extremely friendly and could tell that they really enjoy being at Huron. Heard back next business day with offer.

Interview Questions

• If you had a business, what would your values be? You have 2 projects that take 2 hours each but only have 3 hours. How do you prioritize? Be familiar with case interview frameworks, but don't try to force one framework.   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

I went through 5 rounds of interviews. First one was a phone call with a general recruiter and the second one was with the main recruiter for this role. The third interview was a 45-minute behavioral interview, fourth was a 45-minute case interview. The final round was an in-person, 3 hour interview with an Analyst panel followed by two 45-minute interviews.

I didn’t get an offer in the end but I thought this process was well structured and the recruiters are very responsive. Great company! Good luck.

Interview Questions

• If you had to explain what consulting is to your family, what would you say?   Answer Question
    • If you had a business, what would your three main values be?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about travel?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Interview

Very easy process overall. I applied through university and set up an interview about two weeks later. Started off with an hour long behavioral interview and questions regarding travel and how i heard about Huron. After the behavior interview was a 45 minute case study. Smooth process from start to finish but unfortunately did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you have two tasks to complete, each which takes two hours, and only have 3 hours to complete it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Corvallis, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

When you first walk in, you get greeted with a greeter. You basically hear him describe the job and everyday life. You can ask him questions. You then wait until the manager interviews you.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you have faced and how to overcome it?   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in October 2015.

Interview

The interview had two parts - behavioral and case study. The behavioral was 4-5 of your basic behavioral questions asking about teamwork etc. The case study was easy to understand and the interviewer guided my answer (he asked me step by step questions). Overall the interviewers were very nice and easy to talk to - they were not trying to be intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that there was conflict in a group and how did you handle it? Tell me about a time your group had low moral and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

This process went rather quickly (1 month) and the team was great. The majority of my interviews were over the phone including the case study. The team was very professional and I could tell that they were genuine. I really enjoyed speaking with them. Most questions were behavioral. As long as you practice, you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• If you started a company tomorrow, what would your company values be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

There was both behavioral and case interviews with various levels of company employees. I was interviewed by people from HR, high level employees, and employees that would be more at the level that I would be starting at.