Huron Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Huron Consulting Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2017

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

Phone screening interview, then a phone behavioral interview. Then a morning at the office with a couple of interviews - I believe it was another behavioral interview, a case interview, a learning interview where you talk with someone about the role you are applying for, and a Q&A panel where you get to ask analysts any questions you have. Everyone was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• The case interview was about a hospital cafeteria that needed financial help. What would you do to figure out the problem, what would you recommend, what do you think the possible downsides would be from your recommendation, etc. The interviewer asks guiding questions, which is really helpful.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

I applied, got an interview on campus about 2 weeks later, and then was offered a final interview that same day and went to New York for a half day interview at the end of the week. It took them 4-5 weeks to get back to me with their final decision.

The one on campus involved some behavioral questions, some about my resume, and a small case interview. The final interview took place in their New York office. An employee reached out before to help me with the interview process/ answer any questions. Once I got to the New York office, I had breakfast with two employees and three other applicants, where we asked questions about working at the company. I was then was taken to the office I would be in for the rest of my time there. I had two case interviews and one behavioral one. My first interview involved one of the employees coming in and explaining the case. He gave me a packet of four or five patients involved in a medical trial and a page describing the rules and regulations that surrounded medical trials. From there, I was given 45 mins-1 hour to determine whether the medical trail was compliant with regulations. The same person then came in and we discussed what I had found and working at the firm.

For the second case, I was given a computer. Someone came in and gave me another packet with three questions that resembled word problems. She explained the problems to me and gave me an hour to work on them. These questions regarded market growth, company growth, and what macroeconomic factors of could cause growth/ shrinkage. I used excel (mostly for relatively easy calculations) and had to do research. When she came back in, we went over the problems. She also asked me about where I found my research and how/why I trusted the sources.

The behavioral interview part was pretty straight forward. I was asked questions about my resume, strengths, weaknesses, and a time when I had to deal with conflict in a group and had to learn something quickly.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Telephone interview with HR. She provided a very vague description of the job. Very direct no soft skills.
    Telephone interview with the hiring manager.
    In person interview with 6 people. One of the female interviewers was 20 minutes late for the interview. She was dressed in sneakers yet they felt the need to remind me to dress in business attire; they should pass the same to their management staff. Hiring manager did not know how to conduct the test he created. Myself and the smartest and most attentive interviewer walked him through how he should have conducted the test.
    The environment didn't appear diverse. Nepotism exist - the hiring manager and another interviewer were both hired by the CIO.
    The use out date technology.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied through the career center on campus. The first interview was an on campus interview. First half was behavior and the second half was a case interview (order can be switched too). The interview was primarily interviewer led and fit a basic case format.

On site had an informal meeting with three entry-level consultants followed by two fit interviews.

Interview Questions

• If you were going to start your own company what would be five values you'd want the company to have?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Laramie, WY) in February 2017.

Interview

The process involves an informational interview with employees at Huron, This was then followed by a formal interview with a managing director and an interviewer. I was then notified that I received the position by the interviewer.

Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Typical interview process, screening phone interview, in person one to one, then third interview with 3 different individuals. Hard process, but to be expected. They were wonderful in the process and gave me updates when they had them. Were always professional and they notified me with a phone call that I was the runner-up for the position, along with feedback of why. Extremely helpful and respectable in the way they did things. The way this team functioned as I candidated, I will be checking back for other open positions.

Interview Questions

• Many questions regarding very specific difficult situations one has been through professionally, also questions on specific experiences you have with each of their core values.   Answer Question

Life Sciences Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Huron recruits out of colleges but I applied online. I was emailed 1.5 months later about having a phone interview. First round interview on the phone, lasted approximately 25 minutes. Asked basic resume/ behavioral questions and the other half of the interview was learning about the role, the company, expectations for travel/ when to start.

Interview Questions

• Describe your work at (current employer).   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

Applied online. Received a quiz (pre-interview screen) to complete before on campus interviews to assess compatible skills they were looking for I guess. Did not receive an in person interview. Quiz seemed very technical/specific for a consulting role in healthcare.

Analyst Higher Education Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I completed 4 rounds of interviews in addition to an excel test. My third round included a case study and a math test. My first three rounds of interviews were very positive, but my final round really turned me off to the company. In the end, it wasn't a good fit for me; I'm glad I flew out to Chicago and learned that for myself.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you integrated your community into one of your projects.   Answer Question

Peoplesoft Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First a phone interview, then a face-to-face on Huron's main offices in Chicago. Four (45 minutes each) interviews: One technical, one case study, one with functional staff and one with a director. Very smooth process, all personnel was very professional. The interview questions were from general behavioral questions to specific technical-related questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went against popular opinion in order to produce a positive change   Answer Question