ING Direct Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ING Direct Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2017

2.8

BI Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ING Direct.

Interview

After first round of telephonic was called for in person interview where had opportunity to manager and other team members.
    Had discussion with them about my background and technical skills.
    Encountered with questions in the area I had previously worked on.

Coach Interview

Interview

4 interviews and pre screening

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ING Direct (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Two phone calls with the Head of Marketing.

The phone calls were very relaxed. He discussed the organization structure of the marketing teams and gave a brief overview of what projects the company was working on. Then he provided information about the role I had applied to which was very helpful.

We then had a follow up call two weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Phone interview then group and finally single.

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ING Direct.

Interview

In person interviews with various levels of management within the department

Negotiation

pretty cut and dry.

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

Large group meeting first with other potential employees. Two interviews and was offered the job. MOre worried about who you know and what potential clients you may have.

Interview Questions

• What is your plan to maximize your business   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ING Direct (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

ING was looking for recent graduates to become financial advisor for there company. It's not what you all think. The job is all modern day cold calling. You have to find clients on your own and make them commit to ING. Most of these clients should be rich too, which would make it even harder for a 22 year old.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ING Direct (Wilmington, DE) in April 2012.

Interview

Awesome. The people were friendly, the atmosphere was hip and cool but professional. They had a free espresso machine in the lobby and I had a couple of shots before my interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when,,,,   1 Answer

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ING Direct (Wilmington, DE) in February 2012.

Interview

Received interview through on-campus recruiting. Originally it was only one 30 min interview, but then it changed to 2 30 minute interviews with two people in the marketing department.

interview mainly consisted of behavioral questions and some questions focused on what do I know about ING Direct and what do I think about the recent merger with Capital One. 2nd interviewer asked me a few more different behavioral questions and a mini-case question

Cultural: very horizontal, most people live in Philly

Interview Questions

• ING Direct is thinking about opening up a student checking/savings account. How would you go about doing that?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about ING Direct through your research?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the most important parts of your career history   Answer Question
    • Which Microsoft Office Suite program would you be and why?   Answer Question

Bank Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ING Direct (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied for job online via career website. Was contacted by a recruiter from the company. Spoke with recruiter on the phone and info was sent to me via email. Looked over emailed information and took required personality test online. After phone interview and personality test, was invited for interview at office. Interviewed by two different managers separately. After offer was given, was required to take drug test at independent facility.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was fixed and stated during initial applications process. Salary for this position non-negotiable. Salary also included performance bonuses.