ING Direct Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ING Direct

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ING Direct (Wilmington, DE) in April 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with 4 people. It was HR and pretty basic question

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ING Direct (Wilmington, DE) in February 2012.

Interview

Received interview through on-campus recruiting. Originally it was only one 30 min interview, but then it changed to 2 30 minute interviews with two people in the marketing department.

interview mainly consisted of behavioral questions and some questions focused on what do I know about ING Direct and what do I think about the recent merger with Capital One. 2nd interviewer asked me a few more different behavioral questions and a mini-case question

Cultural: very horizontal, most people live in Philly

Interview Questions

• ING Direct is thinking about opening up a student checking/savings account. How would you go about doing that?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about ING Direct through your research?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the most important parts of your career history   Answer Question
    • Which Microsoft Office Suite program would you be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ING Direct (Wilmington, DE) in December 2009.

Interview

After filling out my online application I received a phone call that same day. I was given a short phone interview and was then asked to come in for an in person interview. I had to wait a few weeks until I was finished with school, or the whole process would have been much shorter. For my in person interview I was given a tour of the building by human resources and then was interviewed by two of the coaches for the sales teams. Lastly, I had to do a practice sales call. It took one week for me to hear that I did not get the job due to a lack of sales experience

Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ING Direct (Saint Cloud, MN) in August 2008.

Interview

I applied online and put down that I was referred by a friend that started a few months ahead of me. Since I lived about 2 hours away form the interview place at the time, I had a first phone interivew and then they agreed to interview me in-person. Usually, you go to ING two times to interview but since I was communiting far they held my 1:1 interview first then agreed to move me on to the next stage immediately and I interviewed with the Sales Floor Manager immediately. During the interview, the Sales Coach was intimidating and I had to sell them a pencil and they asked, if I was trying to sell them the pencil, what would I do? The most important thing to do is ask questions about whey they need the pencil, etc. It was okay.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not really get to negotiate. If I remember correctly, you put your desired salary on the application but for this position, there really is no room to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ING Direct (Wilmington, DE) in April 2008.

Interview

Staff was really great, super friendly. I had a few one on one interviews and then a group interview. Asked mostly behavioral questions. They wanted me to come back in to meet head of sales and discuss offer details. I declined the offer because the job wasn't a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, Weakness, Story about dealign with a difficult client, how do you motivate your staff..   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ING Direct (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

The process was very straight forward with no surprises, they let you know how everything is going to go before you arrive for the interview. They even disclose salary and expectations before interview. They have nothing to hide... You usually interview with 1 or 2 maanagers or coahes to see how well you interact with them and other associates. They want real people who are eager to learn and not set in their ways.

Interview Questions

• They did not have any unexpected questions except for the usuL "NAME a time you failed at something""   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ING Direct (Wilmington, DE) in April 2012.

Interview

Awesome. The people were friendly, the atmosphere was hip and cool but professional. They had a free espresso machine in the lobby and I had a couple of shots before my interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when,,,,   1 Answer

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ING Direct (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

It was easy and I was excited. They made the company look very appealing. I applied online and then i recieved a prescreening call. Right after speakign with the hr associate I was offered an in person interview. I arrived and was initially shown a video with three other potential hires. After the video they split us up and we each had two interviews with current management staff. It was pretty positive and they mainly wanted to see if we fit into the atmosphere of the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years.   1 Answer
    • Why are you applying for this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation of benefits of salary what they offer is what you get and if you don't lik eit you don't accept the job.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ING Direct (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

First meet with the human resource person. They give you a tour of the two sales floors so you can get an understanding of how the environment. Then you have two one on one sessions with two coaches. From observing their interviewing technique it seems they always have a plan when going in. Sometime its good cop, bad cop and sometimes they both grill you on just sales questions. When you done your walked out of the building. I received a call in two hours letting me know I go the job.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ING Direct (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

ING was looking for recent graduates to become financial advisor for there company. It's not what you all think. The job is all modern day cold calling. You have to find clients on your own and make them commit to ING. Most of these clients should be rich too, which would make it even harder for a 22 year old.