ING Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ING

2.8

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ING (Scottsdale, AZ) in September 2013.

Interview

Hiring process takes too long approx 2-3 month. Interview was intimidating took 2 hours and was with 6 people individually.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Smooth

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ING (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Responded to an online job board posting and received a call about 3 weeks later from the HR dept. Did a 20 minute phone interview with VP of HR, which consisted of basic job interview questions such as, strengths, weakness, what would your former employer say about you, why do you want to work here, etc.

Received a callback interview the next week and interviewed with two attorneys in their legal department. both were extremely nice ladies. They basically just asked questions based on my resume and I think were trying to get a feel for my personality. Surprised I didn't hear back from them because I thought the interview went well.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you excelled at work with little or no instructions.   Answer Question

Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ING (Windsor, CT).

Interview

Had an initial interview with the hiring manager and a peer. Was called back for the second and met with four individuals. The second round was not a pleasant experience and showed the reasons why I didn't want to work there. One guy in the interview asked if I was married and had kids. Very awkward. Another interviewer did not seem to like me from the handshake. I could tell it was not a professional place. Seemed very disorganized. Half way through the second round I was saying that I would not want to work there.

Interview Questions

• Are you married? Answer - yes. Do you have kids. Answer - yes.   2 Answers

New Business Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ING (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2010.

Interview

1. Complete an on line application
    2. Phone interview with the recruiter was requested to see if salary and job requirements are met.
    3. A. One on one interview with the manager took at least 45 minutes. At least 10 questions were asked from the manager.
    4. Did not hear back from the employer and did not receive a phone call or letter from hiring manager whether the job was offered to another candidate

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
      Explain the role of a Business Analyst
      What are the problems that the agent is facing when running an illustration
      Can you work with difficult people   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Interview

HR telephone screen, criminal background check, two-stage interview process with hiring manager and hiring manager's manager. Somewhat casual, standard interview questions, no technical evaluation or test given. Focused on gaining general background of candidate but not a critical evaluation

Wealth Management Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ING (Jersey City, NJ) in June 2013.

Interview

online interview, then a phone interview. second round interview was a group interview. finally you had a interview with a manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ING (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2011.

Interview

I applied for the position on a popular website and was contacted within two weeks to interview. They were flexible in offering to interview me later in the afternoon, due to not being able to get away from my current position. The interview lasted about an hour and was pleasant and casual, one on one.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   1 Answer

Received another offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ING (New York, NY) in January 2007.

Interview

The interview consisted of two recruiter interviews (one phone, one in-person), a group phone interview (hiring mgr and team lead), one hiring-manager interview, and finally one HR interview (in person). According to the recruiter, I beat out 20 other prospects and it was down to me and one other candidate. The interviews went very well and it appeared I would be hired because I was told the hiring manager liked me a lot, however trouble came with HR. As I was sitting with the HR manager, she picked up a phone call and in that time I took the opportunity to look at my cell phone to check the time (as the interviews took much longer than anticipated and I needed to catch a train). It seems that glance sealed my fate and I didnt get the offer. The HR manager told the recruiter that I "answered my phone" during the interview (completely false, on the contrary, she answered her phone) and said the other interviewee was more "polished" than I was. Indeed this interview process was a huge waste of time over the span of one work week.

Interview Questions

• How would you solve a problem that you didnt have the solution to without going to your manager?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ING (New York, NY).

Interview

they select you to take one test; pass it and you have to take two more tests; then if you pass you go to interview; tests don't really make sense and/or depict who the candidate truly is or is capable of

IT Intern Interview

Interview

Very easy. I went to a recruiting event. One of the HR liked me and gave me his card. I emailed him and got called for an interview. Interview was 4 people asking behavioral questions. Very nice people and easy going. That was the first interview of my life and I still got hired!

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you went out of your way to solve a problem. How?   Answer Question

Negotiation

n/a