IPG Mediabrands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands (Syracuse, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through my campus database and had an on-campus interview. The interviewer was very laid back, almost too laid back. The interview was a bit odd. Didn't ask any of the typical questions and they also seemed to not have any openings, which was odd.

Interview Questions

• Biggest pet peeve
      Greatest accomplishment
      Describe my brand   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through both university and a recruiter.

After applying for one month, I got the phone interview from HR asking basic behavioral questions.
    Then I was brought to a in-person interview meeting with five team members each for half an hour.
    They are very friendly and the office looks pretty good. The interview was more like a conversation than a strict Q&A. There were also some basic technical questions about statistics and programming.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview was a three hour process with two people, one senior and one colleague. Both people and the office were very welcoming and personable, and the interview was more of a conversation than a rigid Q&A. Following talks with each person, there were three quizzes/ actives including a quick data analysis exercise in Excel.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you manage and prioritize multiple projects at a time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was for a little lower than I asked, but in range. I negotiated for the number I originally asked for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The HR and technical teams are not on the same page. Highly under prepared HR, which resulted in waste of one working day for me. I was first screened by the Division head and then an in person interview was setup. It felt that the teams involved in arranging the interview were not in sync.

Interview Questions

• Nothing Technical, only behavioral question. Tell me about the most challenging project you have previously worked on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

The overall experience was great. The HR department is working extremely hard to find the best candidates for the job. They were friendly and warranted a warm environment so you weren't nervous.

Interview Questions

• Name a project that I had to work on and its outcome.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands.

Interview

There was none. The interviewer and I agreed on a time. I waited 20 minutes after the scheduled time for her to call. She then sent me a cancellation notification via Google Calendars and did not respond to my follow up email asking why the interview was cancelled.

Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied online and received an email to set up a phone interview about a week later. I waited for my phone call for 45 minutes, and never received a phone call. After waiting for 45 minutes, I sent an email to the recruiter asking to set up another time to talk, and was ignored. I sent another follow-up email a week later asking yet again to reschedule, and was told that the job had an offer pending to someone else. It would have been nice to know this before wasting my time preparing and waiting for the phone call for 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask me any questions because they never called me.   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands (Albany, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

one-to-one interview with finance manager and then with the head of finance who is very nice and ask some basic technique questions and some questions relating to communication skills and problem solving skills

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands (New York, NY).

Interview

I Applied online and then had a phone interview and then went in for an interview at the office in NYC. It was about 3 hours long. It was a really good experience. I have not heard back yet.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands.

Interview

I applied online through the general application and was contacted a few days later by a recruiter who asked to set up an initial first-step interview. I replied back and did not get a response for almost a full business week. Spent the next few days trying to get in contact with the person or a related employee to show my enthusiasm and qualifications for the position. Got in contact with another person in the department who seemed impressed with my initiative and said they would try and get in touch with the recruiter and would let me know by the end of the day. That person also disappeared on me. Finally got an email later from the original recruiter saying the position had been filled and he had been too busy to get back to me.

I should've taken the hint that it wasn't possible to get the position due to the fact that they posted the internship on the 4th and said the start date was the 6th. Additionally, I should've known I most likely wasn't ever a candidate for the position considering when I finally got in contact with someone, they immediately recognized the position and seemed okay with letting me continue the interview process. it doesn't make sense that the position was filled the very next day if the recruiter was too busy to get back to me. Overall it seems like they already had a candidate or two in mind ready to start on time but they started contacting other applicants just as a safety net.

IPG Mediabrands seems like a really cool company to intern for but their hiring process has been really frustrating for myself, as well as for other associates that I know who have also been left hanging without an answer for weeks. I'm okay with not getting a position, but stringing a qualified and enthusiastic candidate along is something else entirely.

Interview Questions

• Invited for a call but didn't even get to make it to that first step.   Answer Question