Jacobs Process Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jacobs Process Engineer I Interview Questions

3.2

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Process Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

First you do a phone interview. Next, you get called in and talk to the hiring managers. After, you will speak with 4-5 fellow engineers individually and they will ask you about anything from school to work experience to your work ethic in general. Very nice and professional people and they want you to succeed.

Interview Questions

• What was your senior project about and how did you contribute?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Jacobs

Process Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

Very relaxed and straight forward. I interviewed with 4 current employees of varying levels in the company. Getting to speak in a somewhat informal manner with a vp helped me learn a great deal about the company and what to expect.

Process Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

I applied around Feb and interviewed in March. They took three weeks to respond with an offer. The interview was 6 hours long. The HR department was in contact within 3 weeks to inform me it would be another 2 weeks. They called 1 week later and made an offer. There was no negotiation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jacobs (Long Beach, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I met with Jacobs at a school career fair and handed in a resume. They later contacted me for an interview. The interview was very conversational, and was around 2 and a half hours long. I interviewed with five people: first session with one, second with two, third with two.

Interview Questions

• They asked a very broad spectrum of questions. Mostly reviewing your resume, and experience. No technical questions. They were all very nice people, none were awkward, they just want to get a feel for who you are and what you're capable of.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Lakeland, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

Short phone interview followed by an in person interview less than two weeks later. Interview was held in a conference room with hiring manager and multiple senior technical personnel. General questions included 'Why do you want to work in this position for this company? How will you help this company? Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?'.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies and interests?   1 Answer

Process Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leiden (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Jacobs (Leiden (Netherlands)) in June 2015.

Interview

Initially meet representative of Jaocbs Engineering at a career fair. This was followed by sending in the application to the HR department. After a gap of approx 1 month, the application was forwarded to a recruitment agency for initial screening which included a Skype interview. After a gap of aprox. 1 month, the results of the interview was announced following which the dates for the final interview with the company was decided.
    The interview process included two separate interviews with a process engineer and the deputy manager of the process engineering department.

Interview Questions

• Very standard interview questions. The interviewers had a list of questions to ask from.   Answer Question

Process Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rotterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Rotterdam (Netherlands)) in December 2014.

Interview

It was two stage interview and both through the phone: first one was mostly HR questions. The one who interviewed me was a wise and patient person: sometimes I could not come up with an answer due to interview pressure and he just accepted. After one week they contacted me for the 2nd interview, and it was completely technical: lots of questions.

Interview Questions

• Name relief scenarios
      The allowable pressure drop in PSV inlet line
      Re limitation for laminar flow in the pipeline, and how viscosity has effect on it
      How to follow up an email   Answer Question

Process Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2011.

Interview

Began with a simple phone interview with small behavioral questions and questions about the company. The panel interview follow approximately 4 weeks later, where it was extremely difficult to receive progress updates as well as organize an interview date.

The interview consisted of the HR Manager, Chief Process Engineer and a Graduate Student. The interview lasted for 1 hour and consisted of detailed behavioral questions ranging from team to leadership roles and situations.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to deal with a bad teammate and how did you approach this.   Answer Question
    • Name a situation where you saw something unsafe, and how did you react to this.   Answer Question