John Muir Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at John Muir Health

1. Featured Interview

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Muir Health (Walnut Creek, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

Well designed, timely, and professional interview process with timelines established during the each stage of the interview. Also, included a good mix of leadership, stakeholders, and relevant questions. Overall the interview process was positive.

Interview Questions

• Tell me which products and services would you scale to other physician practices   1 Answer

Mental Health Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at John Muir Health (Concord, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

Entire process took about 5 months from application to start date. Online application, phone screening and interview, in-person interview, and HR interview. The process was long but I received the job offer in the HR interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you look for during a safety check?   1 Answer
    • What is your comfort level interacting with someone experiencing extreme psychosis?   1 Answer
    • How will your past experience prepare you to be successful in this setting?   1 Answer

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Muir Health.

Interview

Unit manager by phone then face to face. Scheduled for HR over the phone. And did the checkster. Discussed benefits and possible salary offer. I’m still waiting for the offer hopefully they will.

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Muir Health (Walnut Creek, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied on the John Muir website. I was contacted the next day she went over the available position and scheduled a interview. The interview consisted of 2 people interviewing me one went over my past work history and skills and the other one asked a number of clinical questions then I had to take a 10 question test about administering medications. A few days later I was contacted by a different lady who scheduled me with a second interview with HR. I was also sent a email that requires 2 of my previous managers to complete a survey about me. The second interview consisted of about 10 “explain a time...” questions. I was then offered the job. After that I was required to submit to a background check, complete a physical, blood work and a drug test. Then I was scheduled for orientation.

Interview Questions

• What injection is given at a 45 degree angle and what types of medication do you give using this method?   1 Answer
    • Where is a injection given at a 10 degree angle and what type of medical is given?   1 Answer
    • Where is the most accurate baby temperature taken and is it normally lower or higher that a normal temp.?   1 Answer
    • What shows a sign of infection on a UA?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for John Muir?   Answer Question
    • If you need to administer 200mg and the medication comes in 100mg per ml how many mls do you give?   1 Answer
    • What’s a normal O2 reading and when do you alert a MD?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult patient and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • What’s a normal blood pressure reading?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake at work and how you fixed it?   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Muir Health in May 2018.

Interview

I got a call a week after I applied on line. I went on a panel interview on a Monday. Everyone was positive and nice. I received an offer that Friday.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at John Muir Health (Concord, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for two one-on-one interviews. One with HR recruiter who was very friendly and had a list of pre-set questions. The second interview was with the unit manager which was more causal and conversational.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you don't like about nursing?   1 Answer

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Muir Health (Walnut Creek, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

short easy fun quick simple easy, not to hard. asked about personality and scenarios. Shared my flexibility and passion to work for a great trauma hospital. Shared my willingness and capability to strengthen my skills

Benefits Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Muir Health (Walnut Creek, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Panel interview; heads of various divisions. This was for the John Muir Physician Network. There was a round robin of questions. People were very nice, but the meeting was somewhat disorganized. Waited about 40 minutes while a conference room was found, then the person who greeted me had to round up the various people that were to be on the panel. Cooled my heels quite a lot. Interview was quite unstructured with everyone sort of asking questions that were germane to there own specialty. Was disappointed that it was so disjointed.

Scribe Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Muir Health (Walnut Creek, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Online application, phone screening interview, in person interview.
    They did not seem to know any information from my phone screening interview. The person I spoke to was in charge of outreach not hiring. Was in depth but not too bad if you have medical or science background.

Interview Questions

• What makes you more qualified for this position than another candidate?
      Summarize a movie in 5 minutes.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Muir Health (Walnut Creek, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was great and painless and the manager and the department director were very kind. They made the interview process very easy. They were smiling and in an obvious good mood, which is always a plus.