KB Home Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KB Home (Denver, CO) in February 2008.

Interview

First interview was in hotel at hiring conference set up thru recruiter. The interview seemed very informal--more than my other interviews that day. This put me at ease and made the interview go more smoothly. Questions consisted mainly of behavioral questions and questions designed to gauge my interest in the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was done through written correspondence. This gave me the opportunity to respond with well thought out questions.

Construction Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KB Home (Dallas, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

Initial written assessment to determine management style and minor organizational skills. Pretty straightforward responses and some problem solving required but not anything confusing or tricky. Followed by face to face interview and phone interview. Sounds like a great company to serve.

Interview Questions

• Heavy emphasis on customer relations and organization skills. Speak to style...customer always right...and what resources using to stay organized.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Interview

The interviewer told me that he usually only hires from BYU and BYU-Idaho (so apparently it hurt me that I went to a much higher regarded school). He also talked about his Mormon mission. He then noted that I went to a catholic junior high school, and asked if I was Catholic. I answered yes. I didn’t get the job.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KB Home (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2007.

Interview

I was called by the staffing agency, who set up an appointment with me for the very next day. I arrived and was asked to fill out a physical application, and escorted to the testing room where I was given a personality test, and skills test. Then I was interviewed by the recruiter, who then passed me to the executive who needed an assistant. They needed to fill the position immediately, so they made a decision right there. It was good not to have to wait around for days. I started the following week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the home building industry at a time like this? (Mortgage crisis)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was done through the staffing agency- I gave them a salary range and they returned with an offer on the highest end of that range.

Senior Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at KB Home (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from an outsourced recruiter. Did a quick resume review/job description and scheduled an onsite assessment. The assessment took about 45 minutes in their office and consisted of reading (ie critical thinking) and math questions. The recruiter had prepped me for the type of questions. I felt it was tougher than other pre-employment assessments I've taken and left questioning if I had passed.
    The recruiter called me 1 day later and told me I had passed and then scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was star type questions and then she told me she would call me to schedule an 1:1 on-site. I was set up for a few days after the phone interview.
    The hiring manager was friendly and his questions were pretty standard about scheduling and abilities. He mentioned the position was slightly different than what I had applied for so I asked him if he thought I would be a good fit and he said very positively that I would. I got a canned rejection letter 2 days later. I emailed the recruiter and asked for feedback. I never received a reply.

Interview Questions

• What is your professional weakness or area for improvement?   Answer Question
    • Will this salary work with your budget and needs since its a small pay-cut?   1 Answer

Land Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KB Home (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter who was almost surprised at how well my credentials fit the position. I had a quick phone interview, followed by an on-site assessment, and a follow up interview. We scheduled a time for my in person interview. I get a call mere hours before that they need to cancel because the person who I need to meet with has the flu. At this point it has already been a good three weeks since I was originally contacted. I eventually had my interview, which I thought went very well. Was called by the recruiter saying I did not get offered a position. Later that night I sent a follow up e-mail thanking her for reaching out and the opportunity to interview. No response.

Interview Questions

• General background questions on experience, pretty straight forward, nothing designed to trip you up or make the experience completely uncomfortable.   Answer Question

Land Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KB Home (Pomona, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

I originally worked with a recruiter. The interview with the recruiter was pretty standard. Once I had the chance to be interviewed by the company it self, the interview went smoothly. I interviewed with 3 different people. None of the questions were very challenging, just your basic qualification questions. It took about 3 weeks before I received an offer for employment.

Interview Questions

• Name a challenge in your life and how did you over come it?   Answer Question

Forward Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at KB Home in June 2013.

Interview

Standard Interview Process. I was asked to go over my background, what I am looking for in an employer and my strengths and weaknesses. Like many interviews they were concerned with how well you would fit in with the team. There were not a lot of technical questions. The actual hiring process in lengthy due to corporate approvals, testing and paper work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

standard, they asked what I wanted to get paid and presented an offer which I accepted.

Sales Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KB Home (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Recruitier called, asked a few question, then schedules Personality Test. If you pass, you get a phone interview. If you pass that, then a panel interview(mine was 5 men)

Interview Questions

• Phone interview is basic & easy. Panel interview is a bit intimidating: Why do you want to work for KB, Tell me about yourself, How many homes have you sold......   Answer Question

Sales Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KB Home (Denver, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

You will have at least 2-3 interviews to get your position, the first was with the VP of sales and the second was with a regional sales manager. Both interviews were pretty easy going and if you can hold a conversation you should be fine. All in all it was a pretty standard process though. M

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer, what did you do and how was it resolved?   Answer Question