M&T Bank Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 527 of over 527 interviews

Recruiter8%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

M&T Bank

Application

I interviewed at M&T Bank

Interview

It was pretty simple and casual and very standard questions. Best to not go in stressed, or anxious. It felt like the point of the interview is more to see how you are personality wise.

Interview Questions
  • Was there a time where conflict arose and you were able to handle it? How did you diffuse the situation?
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in Jun 2021

Interview

The first interview was with someone from HR and it was a 30 minute phone interview. I was then asked to schedule a video-call interview with three of the department managers. (M&T VP's) The decision on the position will be made in one week, as they are moving rapidly to fill positions that were lost during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

M&T Bank

Application

I interviewed at M&T Bank

Interview

I didn't make it through the first round. The interview was behavioral but had many POV questions. I struggled a little to answer questions about topics that I had never had to address.

Interview Questions
  • If you met a difficult customer, how would you convince him to buy your product?

M&T Bank

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank

Interview

1st interview was with HR. Very nice and personable. Moved on to a 2nd interview with the hiring manager. Professional but also very personable interview. The decision and all information for the offer was communicated very well. Overall a great experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

M&T Bank

Application

I interviewed at M&T Bank

Interview

The interview was broken up into two parts. Met with 4 people total. I was asked situational questions as well as employment history. The interviewers were formal but personable. Overall it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you faced conflict with a co-worker

M&T Bank

Application

I interviewed at M&T Bank

Interview

Tedious. Essentially four interviews. They put you through the ringer. Questions were not super hard, but it’s hard to gauge what they are looking for. They are going to train you, so I believe if you possess the necessary fundamental skills, it boils down to like-ability in the interview process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

M&T Bank

Application

I interviewed at M&T Bank

Interview

3 Rounds of interviews, first was with HR just getting to know me, then I met with two Branch Managers for an hour and last round included 2 thirty minute interviews with 4 Senior Branch Managers

Interview Questions
  • How would you try to encourage customers to utilize the M&T app?

M&T Bank

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at M&T Bank in Apr 2021

Interview

Recruiter reached out via email followed by phone call. First was codility online coding test. No response after coding test. Asked for feedback still no response from recruiter. Overall Unprofessional and poor communication.

Interview Questions
  • Leetcode question. Given a number insert a given digit to make largest number.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in Apr 2021

Interview

Did a coding challenge. Then interview after passing that. The Interview process was unorthodox. HR was out of the office so she scheduled me to meet with a senior developer in the program via webex instead. I had a technically interview with him and he had a great personality. I asked questions about the longevity of the program, culture, and other business related questions. Interview was roughly 30-45 minutes long. I left feeling as if it went well after the call. A few days after, my next interview was scheduled via WebEx. Someone else conducted my interview instead of the designated person as originally schedule. He said he was in charge of the program. He was late. He had audio issues all throughout the video conference to where I couldn't hear him, constantly asked him to repeat himself due to his audio drop, or told him his audio was muted. He did say he already had a decision and we didn't have to do the interview but I continued anyways for practice. It was obvious he did not want to conduct the interview. My mother passed away the morning of the interview so I was going with the motions and was over it within 5 minutes, which was probably counterproductive at the end. Got a generic rejection email a week later. The whole process took about a month.

Interview Questions
  • Describe the Agile process and why would a company use Agile.
  • If software/code is not working how you anticipated it to, what are all the steps you would take to debug it? Do you use debugging software or manually debug?
  • In a collaborative team based project, how do you know if the software you are developing is going well? How do you know it's going bad? What would you do if it going bad or behind schedule? What are the steps you took to fix the problem? Based on that project do you prefer working on a team or alone?

M&T Bank

Application

I interviewed at M&T Bank

Interview

Friendly, inviting, and curious about my experience. Not nerve-wracking or anything. The people I've al spoken to are very friendly and interested to know how I can contribute to their growing tech force

Interview Questions
  • Describe your experiences and why you're a good fit for the job?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 527 Interviews