M&T Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at M&T Bank

2.6

Full Stack Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in April 2020.

Interview

First HR Call, Second technical interview with 6 managers - almost a day. During my first call, we had clear conversation about my current profile and job requirement.

But they were looking engineers for new start Nota so they need developer with expertise in UI development, back end development and most importantly he MUST be DevOps person - usually this three triangle requirement is hardly feasible in one SUPER man.

I was not aware that they need more kind of DevOps person. Though I have good interview experience with these 6 managers but they should clear regarding their requirement before spending entire day of interview.

Any way, thanks for the interview.

Management Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview

Process started with a phone interview with two recruiters.
    In person second round at the headquarters in Buffalo, New York.
    Very professional process - sent form to fill out expenses I incurred while interviewing.

Management Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview

I discovered M&T Bank through a college career fair. I submitted a resume and a cover letter, shortly after I was contacted by a recruiter. I interviewed with the recruiter, resembled more of an info session. A few days later I was invited for a phone interview and an in-person interview by HR. They coordinate everything and reimburse you for travel.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to study at your university/college ?
      Can you talk about your previous customer service experience ?
      Why Retail?   Answer Question

IT Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (New York, NY) in March 2020.

Interview

For months had been contacted by recruiter from M&T to be an IT Auditor. Finally interviewed with her and it went great. She said she would send my name to the hiring manager and I would hear back soon. Two days later I received an auto generated response turning me down. I emailed the recruiter and never heard back. Not very professional in my opinion.

Management Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview

A quick phone call. The HR director is super nice, asks a bunch of behavioral questions. Including any extracurricular activities, projects and etc. towards the end they said would reach back within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult team member.   Answer Question

Management Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview

I interviewed because I met them at a college career fair, and then got invited to the second round! The interviewer was super nice and questions were pretty easy.

Technology Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

First had a phone screen with the recruiter. Passed a software coding test. Followed by a phone screen with the hiring manager. Then held an on-site interview.
    Overall, everything was great until the on-site where they seemed disorganized. The room furniture was inappropriate for 2-person interviewers were they sat at 2 different tables. One interviewer was late and his English was hard to understand. Also, while I appreciate their honesty, they weren't very good at making me want to work there. Additionally, I got conflicting information about the role and no clear picture of its key objectives. Lastly, they have a completely open-office layout which for me is a deal breaker.

Interview Questions

• Both phone screen interviews involved questions about my previous experience, accomplishments and interests. Part of the on-site interviews involved various competency or STAR type questions.   Answer Question

Mortgage Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ballston Lake, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Ballston Lake, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

I arrived to the Interview on time. I was immediately dismayed when both my interviewers ("unnamed", Vice President and "unnamed", Banking Officer/Mortgage Originations) showed up in Jeans and hoodie sweatshirts and I was in a business suit and tie. This is not a startup or a tech company, but a bank. I would expect at LEAST business casual, but this was full blown casual. This made me feel awkward and uneasy. They asked a few questions on my history, but no behavioral type questions. In a way, I am happy I did not get the job. I would not want to come to work on a daily basis to such an unprofessional atmosphere. If you are looking for a job with absolutely no dress code, this is the place for you!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview

Brief initial phone interview, followed by phone call to set up in person interview with branch manager and direct supervisor. Interview lasted less than 30 min, decision was made within the week.

Interview Questions

• An example of a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

MDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview

I was selected to come to Buffalo for the interview. The company covered the expenses and the stay. The interview was pretty straightforward. Talking about my resume. It was mostly behavioral and there were no technical question. My suggestion would be to know your projects and to be able to explain them thoroughly