M&T Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a fair process, they asked me about my prior experience and where I wanted to go with my career. I met with a couple of individuals and they all seemed nice.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Initial communication with HR. Standard questions were asked. Nothing out of the ordinary. I had a secondary interview with the hiring manager was superior. He was excited about the position and I believe was looking for someone with a diverse skillset. My third interview was an on-site interview. I met with the hiring manager and his boss, both VPs. I also met briefly with a project team leader. They were all looking for leadership qualities as well as technical skillsets necessary to properly manage a team.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was completely unexpected. However, I think the original thought for the position was expanded into more of a management role based upon my experience. Discussion was based upon my diversity of experience as well as my management experience. As a technical leader, the questions regarding my management style was discussed in some detail.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

After a couple of phone screenings I went to Buffalo for a whole day of interviews across various departments at the bank's HQ. Interviews were short (~30 mins each) but we had nearly a dozen in a day so it was non-stop. Relatively straightforward behavioral questions, not much technical stuff.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I was brought in to interview with what I thought was only one person, but she brought another manager in the interview with her. They discussed the position I was applying for, asked what I do in my current position, and then asked if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• What is a weakness of yours?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

The telephone interview was easy and the woman I spoke with was very nice. The in person interview was unprofessional. The man who interviewed me had no questions prepared and asked me basic questions about my experience with computers and my training style. It seemed as though they already had someone chosen for the role and interviewed me as a formality.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview and in person interview, process took about 3 weeks. Very standard and they got back to me quickly. They ask a lot about your banking experience, if you have any.

Interview Questions

• What would your current employer say about your attendance?   Answer Question
    • Name a work related dispute you had with a coworker and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Amherst, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at M&T Bank (North Amherst, MA) in April 2010.

Interview

Taken to small room where was asked basic personality questions and a few ques about financial background.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Baltimore, MD) in August 2007.

Interview

My interview was arranged through family friends and was more of a general informationl interview than an interview for specific position. I first met with the head of HR, who was extremely nice, and we just walked thorugh my resume andhe asks me what my potential areas of interest at the bank were.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview

I first had a phone screening interview (~25 min); it was relatively easy and there were no hard questions or anything too specific. I was then offered a second interview about a week and a half later that was more targeted to the position. It lasted about 50 minutes and I was asked pretty basic questions pertaining to my experience and skills relating to the position requirements.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were in a position of leadership.

Describe a time you completed an analysis/project and recommended actions based on your findings.

Describe why you would be a good fit for this position.

What about this position interests you?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview

Interview consisted of three parts:
    On campus interview
    What I was told would be a final interview as a Super Day in Buffalo, NY
    A final phone interview

They never ended up following up after the phone interview... very unprofessional