Magellan Health Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 138 of over 138 interviews

Employee Referral12%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Magellan Health (San Diego, CA) in Nov 2021

Interview

the interview process was really good, asked the normal questions that a interview would normally ask and the guy who interviewed me was very nice he told me about the company and its background as well as asked me about my personal expierence

Interview Questions
  • what made you choose our company?
    1 Answer

Magellan Health

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magellan Health

Interview

Initial interview with hiring manager was great but it took a long time for follow up to move on to next stage. Other than hiring manager other interviewers seemed to have no clarity on responsibilities for the role

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Magellan Health

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Magellan Health in Oct 2021

Interview

Very easy and relaxed. we did over a zoom call. The manager was very nice and easy to talk to. The call was less than 30 minutes, I got a call back the same day with a job offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Magellan Health

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Magellan Health

Interview

Long and unnecessarily drawn out. They don’t tell you everything upfront, but what they *think* you want to hear. I was scheduled for an interview about a week after I applied. I met with the hiring manager’s manager for a second interview the following week. Both seemed like nice, honest people, I liked them both. I was told I would hear something the following week. Three weeks later, the hiring manager contacts me to talk “logistics”. Still no actual offer had been made, which I found suspect. He told me I would be hearing from HR. Cool. Afterward I get an email asking me what my current salary is, which I declined to reveal. HM follows up with “I should have asked what you would like to make. We’ll be in touch.” HR contacts me about two weeks later to make an account with their system, which I had already done. For two weeks I go back and forth with HR about this over email, smh. HR finally contacts me to ask if I’m still interested, which at this point it had dwindled to nearly nothing. She told me all the “benefits” upfront and the salary very last, of course. I asked if there was any room for negotiation, which she stated they are usually “firm” on, and when I told her what I was looking for, she laughed in my face and expected me to accept after that. Nah, I work from home currently so I’m not relocating to go back into the office for low pay. Please do better, Magellan. Be honest upfront about what you’re offering so you can save everyone’s time. Luckily, I’m on to bigger and better things! 😜

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Magellan Health

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magellan Health

Interview

Very open and upfront about opportunities, salary and benefits. True transparency so you can make an informed decision. Great communication. Staff was pleasant and welcoming. They left the door open for the future.

Interview Questions
  • What experiences have you had working with this population?

Magellan Health

Application

I interviewed at Magellan Health

Interview

The interview was pretty easy, typical questions asked, why should we choose you, why do you want to work with us, what are your strength and what are your weaknesses?

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Boston, MA) in May 2021

Interview

Via phone, pleasant, and good time frame. Felt comfortable speaking with their recruiter. Phone connection was not great in the beginning but it was fixed later. Heard back from the hiring manager very quickly after.

Interview Questions
  • How I found the job listing and what makes me want to apply?

Magellan Health

Application

I interviewed at Magellan Health

Interview

I got rejected the first interview they couldn’t tell me why and then 30 days later got called for the same interview for the same position. They didn’t even remember it was a big chaotic.

Interview Questions
  • How do you like working in a call center?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valles Mines, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Valles Mines, MO) in Mar 2021

Interview

Lot of questions regarding past experience surrounding different areas of previous jobs. Also likes and dislikes of current and previous jobs. Questions surrounding how I found out about an opening

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Phoenix, AZ) in Mar 2021

Interview

They asked me about 6 common questions, they are mostly looking for call center experience. They are very pleasant over the phone/computer. It wasn't a super difficult interview. That was the extent of the interview process.

Interview Questions
  • What was an instance where you went above and beyond for a patient?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 138 Interviews