Magellan Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Magellan Health Interview Questions

Interviews at Magellan Health

2.6

ADMINATRATIVE ASSISTANT Interview

Interview

Great and helpful very easy going asked the right things in a very inviting space. Seemed hip and a good vibe within the culture. Leadership engaged but not to micro. Great lateral growth.

Interview Questions

• Where I went to school   1 Answer
    • What is about your skills you like the most   1 Answer

MFLC - Military and Family Life Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Windsor, NY) in November 2020.

Interview

Quick phone call and then Clinical Interview. The phone interview took about 10 mins. I am currently waiting on the Clinical interview. Everyone I have dealt with so far has been extremely nice.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Magellan Health.

Interview

Virtual. The hiring manager literally took one look at me and the disinterest on her face was clear. After every answer I gave to very basic questions, there was a very long pause, and then she would say, "that makes sense." It was painfully obvious she wanted nothing to do with me and she ended the interview 35 minutes early.

Interview Questions

• None - interview was supposed to be 45 minutes but we were done in 10   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Interview

Quick and smooth. Started with a phone screen from recruiter. About 10 days later I got a phone call from the hiring manager explaining the position and schedule a group interview on Zoom as this is a remote position. Everyone was super chill but professional. They asked relevant questions about my backgrounds, work experiences, and projects that I worked on. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions

Magellan Health Response

Sep 25, 2020 – Recruitment Marketing Director

Thank you for reviewing our interview process. We are glad it went well for you!

Customer Care Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magellan Health (San Diego, CA) in September 2020.

Interview

Throughout my interview process, from the phone screening to the phone interview and zoom interview- everyone was very polite and professional. It also helps to do a bit of research about the company to answer the zoom questions more comfortably that they will ask.

Interview Questions

• "What intrigued you to apply for Magellan" (similar wording)   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Magellan Health.

Interview

Smooth. Person was easy to talk to. Knew what she was looking for. Questions were all job related. No give me a time when or what if questions. My kind of interview.

Interview Questions

Magellan Health Response

Jul 9, 2020 – Recruitment Marketing Director

Thank you for the review of your interview.

Data Reporting Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magellan Health in May 2020.

Interview

This was quite honestly the most unprofessional interview process I have ever experienced. Look elsewhere if you have morals and integrity.

I applied for the role via the careers portal and heard back from a recruiter the very next day. I was an excellent fit for the position both technically and through my healthcare background. The recruiter stated that she wanted to do a phone screen that week (It was Monday when I received the email). I sent over my availability for the entire week and NEVER heard back.

By Thursday I sent a follow up email making sure that she had received my initial availability but STILL did not receive a response. I waited until the following Wednesday to send an additional email just to reaffirm my interest in meeting.

Friday, I finally received a response at 3:00 PM asking if I was free to meet in two hours at 5PM, without any apology or explanation as to why she ghosted me for nearly two weeks. I was busy at the time but responded to let her know that I could accommodate her schedule the following week.

Here's where it gets even worse:
    She calls 15 minutes late to our 30 minute interview then starts rushing through everything because of time constraints. I started walking through my background, to which she responded that "This might not be a good fit"... Why? Because apparently there were hard requirements for the position that were not listed in the job description AT ALL! She listed a technologies and specific experience in Medicaid and Medicare that had nothing to do with the original posting....none of which were listed on my resume, so why call me at all in the first place? Such a waste of time and highly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Magellan Health Response

Jul 9, 2020 – Recruitment Marketing Director

I am so sorry to hear that you had such a bad interview experience with us. We will speak with our recruiters to ensure this doesn't happen again.

RN Reviewer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Magellan Health in March 2020.

Interview

I was contacted by the hiring manager directly after applying. It was a video interview with 3 managers, as position is remote. It was very comfortable and they were friendly. Mostly told me about the job, but where open and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little about your background and what’s brought you to the company.   Answer Question
    • It was informal, mostly telling me about the job and skills necessary to be successful in the role   Answer Question

May 1, 2020 – Recruitment Marketing Director

Thank you for the review of your interview process.

Senior Correspondence Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2019.

Interview

Very streamline. Spoke with Recruitment Specialist first. Very straightforward questions about my previous employment with Magellan and general recruitment-type questions. We set an appointment for an interview with the hiring manager. Interview with hiring manager went fine but in retrospect I believe I did not present as well as I could have. We talked about what I could potentially bring to the position and I was encouraged that three things were named. I appreciated being considered for the position.

Interview Questions

• Most had to do with my roles during my previous employment with the company. Other questions about my employment since.   1 Answer
    • Previous employers   1 Answer

Feb 14, 2020 – Recruitment Marketing Director

Thank you for reviewing our interview process!

QI Data and Reporting Analyst- Healthcare Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Magellan Health (San Diego, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

I arrived 20 minutes early for my interview. I rang the doorbell outside the office, no answer. After 20 minutes a person shows up and asked me what she could help me with, she was the receptionist (and she was on break). She looked in the computer to find that I was NOT on the schedule. But she reached out to one of the contacts I had, who informed her that I was going to be interviewed. I was then greeted NOT by the hiring manager, but by one analyst who I would have collaborated with. He didn't knew which conference room to take me into, so he picked "one" (the ONLY one available). So they weren’t prepared at all for me. This other analyst and I chatted for about 20 minutes, so at this point I was already 20 minutes into my 1 hour of the scheduled interview. At the 25th minute, the Director came into the room. She introduced herself and we chatted. All 3 of us were having a friendly conversation that lasted about 15 minutes. Sharing experiences and my skills.

However, things changed. At minute 40 the Director's personality completely changed. She went from being friendly and charm to being direct, abrupt, and serious. She asked me several questions and "demanded" a straight answer or a "straight example". She refused to look at my printed examples I had brought with me, telling me she wanted them verbally. At the 60 minutes I thought it was done. I started giving my thank you's and good-bye's when she abruptly told me I could NOT leave yet. That she was going to hand me down a written test and I had 20 minutes to write down a full page of an analysis she thought out of the blue.

Here's my problem with this interview: I was scheduled for a 1 hour interview. I arrived early, and nobody opened the door. When I was finally let into the reception, there was no record of my interview on the calendar. The interview didn't start until 20 minutes after, and the FORMAL interview I suppose didn't start until 40 minutes after. Then after my 60 minutes, I was still asked to stay and do an impromptu written exam that could be no less than 20 minutes.

Magellan's Director didn't took my time into consideration at all. Had I been late for an interview, that means automatic disqualification. I was early, my interview started very late and I was even "forced to stay way passed the end time". I had other personal appointments were I ended up being late, hoping that I would get this job if I sacrificed my time.

The next day, I was automatically nixed for the position. Fine, I'm not asking to get the job. But Magellan should have been considerate of the schedule I was allocated and my time. I feel I wasn't treated appropriately and it has been one of the worst interview experiences in my career.

Interview Questions

• To give them an example of an analysis or dashboard I have created in the past.   1 Answer

Dec 27, 2019 – Recruitment Marketing Director

So sorry to hear about the interview experience you had at Magellan. We will strive to do better in our process. Thank you!