Magellan Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.5

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a request to schedule a phone interview w/ a recruiter first. That was pretty basic, just going through the job description and requirements while talking about my last few positions. Next up was a phone interview with a Hiring Manager in the department, which was more in depth about the position and the department's role in the organization. Was asked some basic behavioral type questions but was also very conversational.

Interview Questions

• The Hiring Manager in the 2nd phone interview asked me to describe a technical training program I'd designing and developed, and the result.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magellan Health in April 2017.

Interview

I found a posting online and applied. I heard back from HR within 24 hours of submitting my application. I had three phone interviews - each with supervisors I would be working with during the internship.

Interview Questions

• The phone interviews were really more conversations than they were interviews. The supervisors just wanted to see if I'd be a good fit, what my future plans were, and they explained to me exactly what I'd be doing in the intern position.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magellan Health in March 2017.

Interview

Was contacted for a phone interview with manager level team member. After the first interview there was a second phone interview within a few days with SVP of Corporate Development and Strategy. Received Offer a few days after that.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryland Heights, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Maryland Heights, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone call with a talent acquisition agent, if they like you a phone call with an executive in the department you are applying. Mine were both via telephone but you may have the opportunity to interview in person.

Customerservice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

They called me and we did an interview over the phone. Decided it was not the job for me so did not schedule a face to face at the company

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for our company   1 Answer

Marketing and Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magellan Health (New Haven, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

2 phone interview - recruiter and hiring manager. On site interview with 6 people - 3 in person and 3 over video. The people interviewing all asked interesting questions and each gave me insight into the role with the one exception of the recruiter who spoke mostly about himself and how busy he is.

It was an interview for a remote position, so I had to drive 4 hours for the interview. After that travel, I found it frustrating to have 6 interviews in 6 hours when 3 of the interviews were done over computer which I could have done remotely. Also, they paid for my one night in a hotel but not gas or meals.

Vice President Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Magellan Health.

Interview

Easy casual interview, first recruiter over the phone, then boss over phone then boss in person. All casual and friendly. Overall easy interview. Process moved fast once it got started.

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Met one on one with the hiring supervisor so that there was no confusion on whom you would be working for. It was cordial and professional and informational about the position including expectations.

Interview Questions

• Flexibility in working with others.   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryland Heights, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Maryland Heights, MO).

Interview

Panel Interview with three supervisors. Mainly described the job responsibilities and dynamic of the team. Asked relevant questions associated with my previous and current employers. Very relaxed process where I didn't feel like I was being put on the spot.

Claims Processor II Interview

Anonymous Employee in University City, St. Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Magellan Health (University City, St. Louis, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very simple and quick. I applied got an email for my assesmne Test same day I completed them I got a call to come in for an interview. Went in interviewed with 3 supervisors

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simply and easy met with 3 supervisors and they all where friendly and knowledgable. They answered all my questions and gave good insight to the company policies. All in all it was a good experience. The company seems to have a lot of perks and they have flex hours which will work for me and my family. The whole process was really good and very simple.

Seems like a really good company to grow in and learn a lot from