Cover image for Magellan Health

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Magellan Health Interview Questions

Updated Dec 20, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 161 of over 161 interviews

Employee Referral12%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Magellan Health

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magellan Health

Interview

first, someone called you on the phone to see if you are still interested in this position. Then, there's an interview with HR. After that, there's another interview to take your language assessment test in your other language.

Interview Questions
  • how do you handle with you have conflict with your client?
    Answer Question

Magellan Health

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magellan Health

Interview

Interview was thorough with three steps, but positive! Met many staff members giving me a good idea of what to expect. Everyone answered my questions and they seemed involved and interested. A team I could see myself on!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

1d

a

HIM

I'm a RN by title but left the profession to pursue other things. I'm currently in HIM dept at our local hospital, I'm tossing around becoming a coder. Has anyone on here ever switch gears and branched of their nursing education and go to coding or something in healthcare? Please share your experiences or suggestions.

36 Comments

Healthcare

126.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Magellan Health~2201
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Magellan Health? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Magellan Health employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Magellan Health

Application

I interviewed at Magellan Health

Interview

Job description and easy going. Few questions and the panel made me feel at ease. Interview over zoom for about a hour. Then we went over questions or concerns I may have had about the job

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Scottsdale, AZ)

Interview

I initially had phone screen with recruiter, call dropped while she was asking me about my current work history/experience. Recruiter said she would call back, never did. Couple weeks later I receive email to schedule an interview with the team. It was a panel of 3 people. Overall neutral experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Phoenix, AZ) in Oct 2022

Interview

Applied online, emailed a week later for the initial phone screen. The phone screen is with Sr. talent acquisition to gauge experience and skills for fit, video interview the next day. The talent acquisition knew nothing about the role outside of the job description, more worried about keywords on resume, experience, and if interested. Video interview date/time was forced with no flexibility, if you need to move it they will cancel. Video panel interview with 6 employees (2 directors, 1 Sr., 3 didn't speak) all of which are on the team or leadership of position. Only the 2 directors turned on their camera, while 3 employees came in, didn't say anything and left within 10-15 minutes. 1 had a series of technical questions regarding application terminology/definitions and specific use case scenarios. Emotionless, dull, and critical with no regards to character/behavior. Position posted did not match what skills and technology were expected from interviewers.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Chicago, IL) in Oct 2022

Interview

A received a phone call out of the blue from an unknown number. I decided to answer it and the lady on the other end was not clear about what company she was calling from and I has to ask as she was speed talking. She asked if I had a few minutes to talk and the first was "why are you looking" the second was salary and after I told her she just said "I wish you luck" and was ready to hang up. I had to ask her if my salary demands were too high and get clarification (again). I am not sure who they have doing their prescreens but not scheduling calls and calling from unknown numbers is not a way to add senior talent to your team and certainly not for less than what I was requesting.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Birmingham, AL) in Oct 2022

Interview

The interview process is very straightforward and to the point. The talent acquisition specialist reply back pretty fast. They give a brief detail of the job or what they are looking for in a potential candidate.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to use your customer service skills?

Magellan Health

Application

I interviewed at Magellan Health

Interview

The interview was in several steps. It started with a Face to Face interview. There were following interviews with multiple staff. The setting was casual. I enjoyed the interview process. There was explanations of benefits.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Magellan Health

Application

I interviewed at Magellan Health

Interview

Interview with two people via zoom. They all took turns asking questions. It was very great to learn about the company in the interview. They asked about my current job and why i choose to leave it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Magellan Health

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Magellan Health in Sep 2022

Interview

Easy going, felt like a good conversation getting to know each other. The director was very Professional. They provided a lot of Education on the job. They were open to all the questions I asked and gave appropriate answers.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 161 Interviews

Magellan Health Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Magellan Health as 57.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.60 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for MFLC and Care Manager rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Customer Service Representative and Military Family Life Counselor roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Magellan Health takes an average of 19 days when considering 178 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Military Family Life Counselor had the quickest hiring process (on average 6 days), whereas Claims Processor II roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 29 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Magellan Health according to 178 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 25.27%