Mayo Clinic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

3.1

Special Project Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

I was referred by my internship mentor for the job. I had a 30 minute interview by Department Chair. Was asked questions regarding background and skills, plans in the future. The interview was very informal, was more of the chair wanting to know who I was and what my background was.

Interview Questions

• What makes you suited for the position you are applying for?   Answer Question

Patient Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

Panel interview, five supervisors from different departments ..... basic interview questions ....... the interview process was fast, they ask all of the questions and keep everything short. May sure to ask questions and interested in the position

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interview

Interviewed on site, hiring manager was late, seemed distracted. Asked behavioral questions and at one point yawned during my answer. Was prepared and gave examples related to questions. No follow up questions and manager seemed unaware of recent trends in area they were hiring; since I asked specific questions and was met with a non answer. Never received a message after interview. Unprofessional bordering on arrogant like I was wasting managers time. In a word - disappointing. I was relieved I didn’t get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions look ok’ing st how you handle situations.   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN).

Interview

60 minute behavioral interview panel with a panel of peers and managers. No tour and limited opportunity for questions. Read up on behavioral interviews and have a good set of examples ready.

Patient Service Specialist/Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview was with 8 department managers. Asked questions about computer programs used and experience with customer service. Customer service experience is very important to them. They will ask that you prove you completed a medical terminology course or will have to take one through them.

RN Operating Room Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

Met with Nursing Placement Coordinator, Karen first to discuss position and orientation schedule. Then, met with RN Manager for surgical team and Nursing Educator to discuss position further and schedule/training process. Also answered a case scenario question and about 6 other questions related to RN experience.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans in the short term and long term for your career?   1 Answer

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

After applying for this open position, my resume and cover letter were given to the hiring manager. They pass along the best qualified applicant's to the department who is interviewing. Once you arrive at the interview, a panel of 2-5 people will greet you and ask you behavioral interview questions and go over your past employment record and your skill set. If you are the best candidate for the position, you will get a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to meet a supervisor or co-workers unreasonable request. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

IT Programmer/Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interview

The interview was two hours onsite in front of a panel of five people. There were several behavioral and technical questions. The technical questions included whiteboard code writing, analyzing bad code, and creating a SQL query. After the interview I was shown around the facility.

Interview Questions

• (Whiteboard question) Create a singleton class (a class which has only one instance). How would you test it? How would you improve your implementation?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between array and set? HashSet and TreeSet?   Answer Question

Biostatistics Interview

Interview

Get a call from someone who is looking for interns, asked questions about past research experience, asked questions about thesis. Was a nice conversation, not challenging at all. Get response soon after the phone call.

Assistant Housekeeping Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mankato, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Mankato, MN) in August 2017.

Interview

I didn't get hired, they interview other people. I thought the interview went well. Never heard back though. She was very nice, but I don't have anymore to say about it