Mayo Clinic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mayo Clinic Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

3.2

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interview

I applied online and got a digital interview through a web application. There are 5-6 questions, before each question you can have 30 seconds to prepare, and have maximum 3 minutes to answer. You can have one chance to re-record your answer.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interview

Hiring process was over Skype. The expectations, hours, and description of the unit were very transparent. You interview with a general HR person then move to the hiring manager for the unit

Interview Questions

• The questions were behavior based, and matched the tone of the questions on the Mayo website. There was also nursing specific questions that could be for any floor but required prioritizing which patient was the most sick.   Answer Question
    • Situation with handling a difficult patient   Answer Question

Medical Imaging Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Mayo Clinic first contacts you for an informal phone interview, followed by a formal in-person interview. The in-person interview was one- on- one and the interviewers were down to earth and pleasant. I felt very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Varied, some were behavioral while others were traditional interview questions.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interview

Had a telephone interview and next was invited to the Rochester, MN office. Had a face to face interview with a panel of 6 members. Interview went well and was well received and treated by them. Got the result within a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions related to CRM, background on experience, lot of behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Rehabilitation Related Job Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interview

Must apply for each posting separately, then you may or may not be invited for a phone interview as a preliminary step, then may or may not be invited back for 2nd personal interview.

Clinical Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN).

Interview

very thorough, meet lots of people, behavioral based questions, very organized, well planned, went smoothly, can't complain. Starting from HR to supervisor to staff, they got all grounds covered and arranged very thing from transportation to hotel. Very pleasant experience

Vice Chair- Global Business Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN).

Interview

Very thorough process. Started with a phone screen the progresses to panel interview which consisted of behavioral interview questions (which Mayo is famous for!) Second round interviews were a case study of a hypothetical book of business. Very through and although I didnt make the cut i was very impressed with the external facing part of the Mayo business.

Interview Questions

• Case study in hypothetical book of business and I had to analyze, make recommendation and present a plan of action to a panel.   Answer Question

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied on a Monday 01/09 and got a call on Friday 01/13. The initial phone call was just confirming interest in the position and then scheduling an interview via webcam due to my distance away from the actual clinic. Webcam interview was set up for 02/02 (first they had available). Had to set up a "tech check" before the interview to make sure the connection and everything was going well. The interview consisted of a panel of 2 people, one was a nursing manager, the other a hiring manager. I interviewed with the hiring manager 1st which was more like a regular conversation. Description of the job was given, followed by questions about myself, start date, etc. The main questions asked at the end were more so "behavioral questions/situations". This was basically a practice run before my interview with the nursing manager. There is a SHARE model that is linked in the email they send you to prepare for the interview, I suggest reading over it & practice. The hiring manager went over the questions & gave feedback on what the nursing manager would expect back. After that, about 5 mins went by then I had another webcam interview with the nursing manager. The exact same questions were asked with an additional 4 (7 questions total). That interview was a little more intense but not by much. Overall a wonderful experience, was told I would hear back within a week so hopefully something good comes back soon!

Update 02/03/17
    I was formally offered the position 1 day after my interview. The phone call was about 20 minutes and consisted of the job offering and on boarding process which will be official in a later email.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with a difficult colleague, what was the situation and the outcome?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

First met with a placement coordinator who reviewed the training process and asked about 5 basic behavior questions + a prioritization question, then went to the unit to meet nurse managers and they asked about 8 behavior questions and another prioritization scenario question. Everyone was extremely nice!

Interview Questions

• A time you researched something and implemented your findings into practice   Answer Question

Animal Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Interview process was pretty simple. Applied and received email stating my resume had been passed on to hiring manager. From there was emailed about an interview. The panel interview only had 2 people and was the typical behavioral questions style. The people were very friendly and the interview was comfortable.