Mayo Clinic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mayo Clinic Interview Questions

Interviews at Mayo Clinic

3.1

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interview

Fairly easy. I applied online and got a call after a few weeks. I did an interview with a panel of associates. It was a semi-informal and they are quite nice.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN) in March 2020.

Interview

Phone screen with coordinators, then setup for interview with managers by HR. Was advised that I needed to start licensing process to be available once hired. Had to call HR to see if interview still going ahead -manager was late to interview, other didn't show. Charge nurse was called in. Went ahead. Was asked scenario questions that didn't pertain to the unit I work & have experience in. Later received non-descript email saying they hired other candidates. Asked for feedback, no response. Asked HR if they could get feedback & management wouldn't respond. Poor experience. Now have to pay to verify that license until I leave nursing. Can't recommend.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about assessing floor patients & post-op discharges (I work ER, was applying for ER). Other typical questions "tell me about a time...|"   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Interview

long time waiting, it takes a long time for interview to another. Phone interview first, then in person interview. The in person interview is long. The staff there is nice,

Quality Engineer Interview

Interview

It went well I was prepared so that helped tremendously in the whole interview process. It is behavioral based interview questions for all positions that I am aware of.

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interview

Two day process. Met the each member of the research team one on one. We then had dinner together and had a good time. Next day I met with each faculty member.

Medical Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN) in February 2020.

Interview

I had an appointment in March for an interview but Mayo had an opening 2 weeks before. The panel wasn't too friendly. I got my degree in December so most of the questions didn't pertain to me.

Communications Interview

Interview

The recruiter called and asked me a few questions. She then proceeded to tell me that the position was only 30 hours so it was hourly and would not qualify for benefits. None of that was mentioned in the job posting. She then said another interview would be set up next week, but then I get an email a few days later saying they're no longer interested. Very shady experience and definitely will not be applying to any more of their positions. And it's ridiculous that a healthcare organization is skimping out on healthcare for their own employees.

Interview Questions

• Am I ok with not getting benefits since it's only 30 hours a week?   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic in January 2020.

Interview

Applied online with a resume, cover letter, and 2 recommendation letters (I used one academic and one professional). HR emails you to set up an interview. I heard back 3 weeks or so after applying online. There was a strictly timed 30 minute phone interview with two Mayo Clinic employees (one had been there 5 years, and one had been there 25 years). I was asked 3 questions, and there was no "tell me about yourself" as they had read all the materials. One week after interviewing I was emailed with a decision from HR, and I appreciated the transparency in the process.

Interview Questions

• Our #1 value is focus on the patient. Tell us about a time you put someone before yourself.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you led a project from conception to implementation.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever tried to lead change and experienced push-back or challenges? How did you deal with that? Knowing what you know now, would you do anything differently?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Interview

Two interview process
    Bother interviews were over FaceTime.
    First interview consisted of situational questions you may find in the work environment. After answering what you would do there would be a debriefing and critique. This interview is less formal.
    Second interview was with a panel and was a mix of questions about the candidate with more situational questions

Interview Questions

• What is a difficult situation you encounter in prior experience and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Scottsdale, AZ) in November 2019.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted to have a phone screen interview via email a few weeks later. Employer changed the date after agreeing to a time previously. After successful phone screen, scheduled a day long interview with each team I would potentially work with. People working there are very nice and professional. Waited two months without further contact from the teams or manager. Received an email notifying me that they "decided to pursue other candidates who more closely fit the needs of the department at this time."

Interview Questions

• What specific skills do you have that will help us in our department?   Answer Question
    • What previous job experiences do you think will help you working here?   Answer Question