Mayo Clinic Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 376 of over 376 interviews

In Person6%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Mayo Clinic

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic

Interview

1. HR interview 2. Group interview It took two weeks to hear from the HR and then it took another 3 weeks to hear from hiring manager after the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about the time you have dealt with difficult patients or coworkers. Tell me about yourslef.
    Answer Question

Mayo Clinic

Application

I interviewed at Mayo Clinic

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. Communication was clear and straightforward throughout the process. The questions showed that they clearly understood product management. The people were friendly, smart, and gave me a great impression of the organization.

Interview Questions
  • What was a time that you had to change a decision based on market feedback?

Mayo Clinic

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic

Interview

I applied online, and received a request to complete some additional questions about my experience. I was then contacted by someone from HR to schedule a phone interview. The interview involved a team of 3 persons from the Company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mayo Clinic

Application

I interviewed at Mayo Clinic

Interview

Relatively painless. They were very nice. Followed kind of a script but deviated as they saw fit. First interview was only with two people and the second was with a panel.

Interview Questions
  • I don't remember the exact questions. One was something like describe a time that you received feedback from a superior that you did well, what was it for?

Mayo Clinic

Application

I interviewed at Mayo Clinic

Interview

Typical panel interview with 4 people and they asked about a dozen questions. It was low key, no pressure at all. The panel consisted of the supervisor and people currently working in the same area. Nobody from HR or any other area was on the panel.

Interview Questions
  • Describe how you would handle a typical programming problem.

Mayo Clinic

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic

Interview

I applied online and was contacted to set up a time to come in and interview for the position. Overall, the in-person interview was a very positive experience and the placement coordinator was friendly and approachable. Questions were behavior-based. The interview was approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mayo Clinic

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic in Mar 2021

Interview

Recruiter contacted me and I submitted my resume. Six days later got an email to schedule an interview. Was told it would be behavior based questions and to prepare a 3-5 minute case presentation. Interview was a panel interview via Skype with 4 people from the department. Lasted about 45 minutes, everyone was very nice. Asked me to do a second interview the following day, same set up with 4 different people from the department. Again, very nice. Received an offer later that afternoon. All questions for both interviews were behavior based, so definitely prepare for that.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you went above and beyond for a patient. Tell us about a time a patient was unhappy with you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Minneapolis, MN) in Mar 2021

Interview

apply the position, got back in two days, had virtual interviews, nurse coordinator first, and unit manage. asked 6 situational questions and 5 patient care questions, questions are very good selected.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Phoenix, AZ) in Mar 2021

Interview

I was called by the Nursing Placement Coordinator to discuss my qualifications over the phone and to schedule an interview. Interviews were held over Zoom. Questions were standard interview questions. My first interview was with the Nursing Placement Coordinator and was very positive and professional. Later that same day, I had a second interview with the hiring manager of the floor I applied to. This interview was extremely brief (10 minutes), the interviewer cut me off in my responses as she continually interrupted me, and she did not discuss the position much. When I asked questions about the position and work environment, answers were very short and I felt like I was burdening her with my curiosity about the position. I believe they already knew who they were hiring and my interview was a formality and a waste of my time and PTO at my current job.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a time you had a conflict with a coworker and how you handled it.
  • If a patient called you to state that the nurse forgot to give them their pain meds what would you do?
  • Describe a time you exceeded patient expectations.

Mayo Clinic

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mayo Clinic in Feb 2021

Interview

5 questions via email, 40 min zoom interview with their APP’s that asked me 4 behavioral questions , then 3-30 min Zoom interviews with physicians, staff, and administrators where again behavioral questions were asked. Following that interview they did ask for 2 references and checked with both by phone. Still have not heard back regarding an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want this position and why do you want to work for Mayo Clinic?
  • Why are you wanting to leave your current position?
  • Several behavioral questions were asked.
  • What is your salary requirement?
  • Name a time you went above and beyond for a patient.
  • Why are you the best person for this job?
  • N/a N/a N/a N/a N/a