McKesson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKesson Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.7

Claims Examiner Interview

Interview

The interview was pretty routine, very comfortable enviroment, interviewer was nice and professional. Expect a behavioral interview and make sure you remember previous situations you encountered during your previous employment.

Help Desk Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Cary, NC).

Interview

Online application then screening interview from a recruiter. I didn’t hear anything for 3 weeks then one day I received an email stating that they wanted to set up a formal face to face. I went to the interview and I felt like it went well.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (New York, NY).

Interview

This company obviously needs more recruiters. I've interviewed for 2 positions and each time the recruiter (different ppl) took 2+ weeks to get back to me with definite interview times. Each time the recruiter would say they were coordinating with the hiring manager or the office or something else and "would get back to me." This second interview the recruiter gave me a date but not a time (TWICE). After repeated calls and emails she finally emailed me back and blamed the office stating they actually had to reschedule (who knows if that's true). For the second time it happened again. It's been a week since that scheduled date and she literally still hasn't responded to anything. I don't personally know where the office is or I'd be proactive. Thankfully I've accepted another job but I wonder how much this company is missing out on. Each recruiter said I was a top candidate but they need to get it together. It's not efficient to take 1 1/2+ months for an in-person interview. Each recruiter would apologize and state they have soooo much going on but it's simply ridiculous. It takes 2 weeks to get a email response and longer for any actual coordination. If you can get through it does seem like a really good company with great pay.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, what sets you apart, where on your resume illustrates the experience needed, etc.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKesson (Irving, TX).

Interview

3 hour in person interview session at the Irving office.
    They were confused on their own schedule and two people called into the conference room I was in 15 mins late instead of walking into the room. Then a panel interview with 5 people to discuss a case study they had me prepare for ahead of time. Then one on one with one person that was also on the panel. Then with two others that were on the panel. Then a wrap-up discussion with VP who was also on the panel.

I normally don't do reviews on social media but feel obligated to alert/warn other job seekers and colleagues who may consider this company. They admitted they are in a "state of flux" with their move from San Francisco in February. But, they still don't have key players in place and didn't even have a hiring manager for this role yet. In fact, they couldn't tell me exactly what the product/program was that I would be working on and just said it hadn't been determined yet. At the end of the interviews, they told me even before I left the building that they didn't feel like I was a fit. Pretty amazing since they didn't even tell me what I would be doing so I could truly know if I was a fit or highlight the areas of my background the were related to the specific role. I was very surprised they were interviewing someone without a hiring manager or a specific job as well as what seemed like a disjointed interview approach since they are a Fortune 5 company. Maybe that will change soon too. Unfortunately, this was a waste of time for them and myself since I can't say I learned anything through the process except that I am I did not join this particular group at this time.

Interview Questions

• They attempted a few behavioral interview questions from a script. Tell me about a time.... (Positive experience and Negative experience)   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKesson (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Terribly unprofessional phone interview - had an appointment scheduled, they auto cancelled a few minutes after it was scheduled to start, and then called me a few minutes later to ask if I had a piece of experience. When I said I didn't, the recruiter effectively told me they couldn't move forward. While it didn't seem to be her fault, that's a piece of information you can clarify in an email rather than scheduling a phone screen, canceling it last minute and then calling a few minutes later to ask the question.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKesson (Bloomfield Hills, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

Online Google Chat process that was super in depth about the "Getting started process". The HR Dept reached out to me via my email. The questions weren't tricky and I received an offer right away

Legal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McKesson (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online, received a email requesting for a telephone interview with a recruiter. I scheduled a time and received confirmation of my telephone interview. The day of my phone interview the recruiter called almost 30 minutes late. She explained time got away from her and she wanted to set another time. We set up another time and day. I was ready and waiting for her to call and she never called again. I sent her an email stating that if this is how McKesson conducts business, I don't want any part of it and to take my name off the list for consideration.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKesson.

Interview

Condescending and Aburpt: Only apply here if you are an exact match to role and their salary range, even though you don't know what range is.. You have to really want to work for them, versus exploring the opportunity. ALL initial questions all seemed about screening people out, rather than looking for a skills to the position that was posted. Never even discussed the posting after 11 mins the leading questions got me to " NO " pile.

Interview Questions

• 6 minutes into the phone screen, I Need you to complete following statement:" I do not want to be considered for a position that pays less than x, I need you fill in the x"   1 Answer
    • Do you have any other interview scheduled and in what stages are they. We would expect the courtsey of you withdrawing your application if you accept a position elsewhere.   1 Answer

Contract Revenue Support Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McKesson.

Interview

There was no interview received a confirmation to be interviewed and a phone number verification the recruiters name and time never received the call. My question is simple what do I do at this point set another appointment and someone call me or is there anyone I could speak with about this issue I'm having I just want the recruiter assigned to me to please give me a call or notice by email

Interview Questions

• How do I reach a recruiter to start the over the phone interview process...I have the name of the person she was suppose to call me never received a call.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKesson (Irving, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I first was invited to have a phone interview, where they conduct their initial screening. After passing through their initial assessment I was asked to meet with the hiring manager for an in person interview. When I came in for my interview I met with one member of the team I would be working with and the hiring manager.