McKesson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2018.

Interview

Firstly, the hr system is amazing!! I have dealt with hundreds of companies human resources, this is the best I would say. They follow-up regularly and are very prompt.

There were four levels in the interview process. The first level is half-hour hr interview. She asked regular questions about flexibility with working hours, travel etc., The second level is half-hour interview with hiring manager. 10 mins to explain my experience, my interests; 10 mins to explain the job role and 10 mins for technical questions.

The third level is web-ex programming interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager also asked me to browse the syntax if I want to. He checked how I think rather than how advanced my code is. The fourth level is with the supervisor who digs deep into the resume and asked a few technical questions. She ended the conversation explaining to me that I should work hard and keep learning all the time. Even though the last level was tough, I enjoyed conversing with such a proactive supervisor.

All through the interview, I tried to explain how enthusiastic I am to code. I am sure if someone has great interest and experience in coding, McKesson will definitely welcome them to the team.

Next day after the final level, I was told the verbal offer. Then the legal document verification (a week), signing the offer letter, drug test and background verification(5 days) happened. The process is not too slow not too quick.

Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Carrollton, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I did not apply for the position, the recruiter sought me out. Did the Phone Interview which was short and sweet and she advised that she will forward my resume to the hiring manager and it's contingent on if the manager wants to interview me that she will then set me up for the 1:1 interview. Got an email the next day to set the interview a week out with the hiring manager. I was very prepared and was actually disappointed because she didn't ask me any questions that was actually considered an interview or would have me express my experience and skills. After that I was in limbo for a month until the generic No.

Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKesson (San Francisco, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

Interview on the phone with Recruiter. Interview with Director and team. Interview with Vice President.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite subject in college?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Open

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

The process was very good. My resume was giving to the compnay by a professional recruiter and I went in to meet with six or seven of the current employees, and later I was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for this company.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very informative and pleasant. The interviewers asked very insightful questions and were very interested in my background/experience. The interviewers provided a very helpful view of the department/team structure.

Patient Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at McKesson.

Interview

Contacted for a telephone.

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Alpharetta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR covered background and items on resume. Follow-up phone interview with hiring manager went more in-depth into the specifics of the position. In-person interview was with hiring manager and members of the Performance team, describing the team structure and work methods. A short written test was given regarding object-oriented programming concepts.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between an interface and an abstract class in object-oriented programming.   Answer Question

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Springfield, MO) in May 2011.

Interview

I worked with a phone recruiter first, and he kept me very up-to-date with what was going on with my recruiting. At each step he e-mailed me in advance to let me know what to expect. I was not selected for the first position I applied for, but I have already applied for another position.

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McKesson (Alpharetta, GA) in June 2010.

Interview

Fairly straightforward process. It starts with an interview with a recruiter who makes sure you have the communication skills and the cultural fit for the company. Then a phone screen with a director who goes through your experience and wants to make sure you are a good technical fit. Lastly, you come in for a face to face with several other managers and directors. A lot of the interviews are one on one but there are a couple whith dev managers that are panel based.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a non-technical problem that has required you to get buy in from disparate groups and required some negotiating.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was some negotiating but there is not much leeway.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKesson.

Interview

The whole process lasted for a month and a half. I interviewed with 2 team leaders over the phone then interviewed with a hiring manager. We talked more about C#, Java, .Net and Agile/Scrum.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about a lot of questions regarding agile and scrum   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Implement a Queue using a stack. Win32 API questions, Red black trees, What is LPARAM, WPARAM. How would you describe yourself ? Do you like working in a team/by yourselves? Biggest challenge you faced, strengths and weaknesses ?