McKesson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2018.

Interview

Firstly, the hr system is amazing!! I have dealt with hundreds of companies human resources, this is the best I would say. They follow-up regularly and are very prompt.

There were four levels in the interview process. The first level is half-hour hr interview. She asked regular questions about flexibility with working hours, travel etc., The second level is half-hour interview with hiring manager. 10 mins to explain my experience, my interests; 10 mins to explain the job role and 10 mins for technical questions.

The third level is web-ex programming interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager also asked me to browse the syntax if I want to. He checked how I think rather than how advanced my code is. The fourth level is with the supervisor who digs deep into the resume and asked a few technical questions. She ended the conversation explaining to me that I should work hard and keep learning all the time. Even though the last level was tough, I enjoyed conversing with such a proactive supervisor.

All through the interview, I tried to explain how enthusiastic I am to code. I am sure if someone has great interest and experience in coding, McKesson will definitely welcome them to the team.

Next day after the final level, I was told the verbal offer. Then the legal document verification (a week), signing the offer letter, drug test and background verification(5 days) happened. The process is not too slow not too quick.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McKesson (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Mine was a HR call, followed by a phone screen with the hiring manager, followed multiple rounds of in person meetings, followed by a final meeting with the boss of the hiring manager. It depends on the group you are interviewing for and the level at which are going in as.

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McKesson (Houston, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied on January 25 and got an email on the 29th to schedule a phone interview with HR. Had phone interview on the 31st. Was asked specifically about contract experience with human subjects and asked questions about positions on my resume. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager on February 22. It was a good conversation and I felt at ease talking with her. I was told they were still taking in applications, but HR would be in contact either way. After about a month I was contacted to go in for an in-person interview with the other contract specialists and the legal counsel. Went in on April 5 and had a good conversation with the other specialists and the Counsel. Everyone was nice and were easy to talk to. After two weeks I had not heard anything so I sent an email to the hiring manager to follow up, and the next day I got an email from the recruiter asking for a writing sample. I submitted two samples. Two days later I got an email from the hiring manager telling me that I was in the final running with two other applicants and that executive leadership was reviewing our applications and that they would be in touch once a decision was reached. I got an email on May 4 telling me I was not selected. They said they enjoyed talking with me and learning about my experience and that I was a strong candidate, but they went with an attorney instead. Needless to say I was very disappointed. Not only did I not get the job, but I lost out to an attorney. It seems really unfair that and attorney can apply for paralegal/contract administrator type jobs, but paralegals/contract administrators can’t apply for attorney jobs. I’m really frustrated about that and this is not the first time I’ve lost out to an attorney. I’m a paralegal with a masters degree, but it’s like it doesn’t matter...so frustrating.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKesson.

Interview

6 individual folks from different levels of the organization asked questions pertaining to qa and general sdlc process.

Relaxed interview and questions asked were standard questions. Very agile focused shop, which I loved. People were down to earth.

IT Undergraduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McKesson in April 2018.

Interview

There were three separate phone interviews lasting about 15 minutes each. First you speak to HR/Recruiter, then a director of Data Analytics, then a director of Web Development/E-Commerce so that you can get a feel for which division you would like to work in.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you have worked on a group project (or other significant project) dealing with programming or other IT.   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKesson in April 2018.

Interview

I received an offer for a phone interview with a recruiter. After emailing them right back I had to wait four days for a response. We agreed on April 27th at 2:30 pm. I called in at2:30 and waited for 20 minutes for someone to join in before I hung up. I emailed recruiter and never heard back.

IT Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2018.

Interview

Recruiter phone screen, team phone screen, team interview. Very efficient and thorough. Professional and friendly but also somewhat stern. The questions were fair and based off of my resume. I plan to reapply in the future.

Salesforce.com Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2018.

Interview

Interview process was absolutely smooth!!!! This was one of my top interview experiences. 10 days after application submission I received an email about setting up an initial screening via phone. After the initial screening I had another phone screen with the hiring manager. Within a few hours I received an email for an in person interview. Had an in person interview approx 10 days later with the hiring manager and a colleague that manages another team. I was expecting to hear back following the interview within a week or 2 but was contacted the 3rd week following the interview with an offer. I did not need to negotiate as they met my salary expectations (range).

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Irving, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

I got to the final round and everyone (except for one person) was disorganized and unprepared. They seemed to be trying to make up questions on the fly and the questions would jump around. They weren't difficult questions but lots of jumping around so I couldn't present myself as well as I could.

Interview Questions

• Mostly simple questions. Some hypothetical case study questions and behavioral questions. Both of these types of questions were specific to my background. E.g. I have a background in therapeutics so they asked me a question about therapeutics.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKesson (Irving, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

This is probably the longest hiring process I have been through.Phone interview 02/25. Face to face interview on 03/07 for the pharmacy tech supervisor position and then no feedback despite several emails I have sent to my interviewers for follow up. I got a response from them asking me to come for another interview on 04/09. I went and interviewed with 2 managers at the same time. Regular interview questions. Note I have been Pharm Tech Lead for 8 years now. Everything went well and they showed me around at the end of the interview. But I felt like one was convinced but the other one wasn't. I sent them a thank you email after the interview and nobody got back to me. I emailed the first Manager that I interviewed with back on 03/07. She told me today 04/20 that I wasn't selected for the role. During that time I turn down several contractor jobs. Because I wanted to commit to this company long-term. The poor communication from management is blatant obviously. But She assured me that she will keep my profile for any potential future opening at the new site. I was really disappointed with all the time and energy wasted. But I continue my search elsewhere.