Medtronic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2017

2.9

Rotational Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN).

Interview

I applied for the internship through my school. They took 13 or 14 interviews for 2 open positions. They placed each of us in a separate room and rotated interviewers. Each interview lasted 30 minutes. Four out of Five interviewers were great, high-energy people which made the interviews extremely relaxed. I was not nearly as qualified as some other applicants.

Interview Questions

• They asked specifically about my CAD experience and about any group projects in which I had been involved.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Meet and greet, brief. Entry level, qualifications didn't matter. There were quotas to fill, production numbers to meet, understaffed. Needed warm bodies, lots of foreign workers. Dinner even interview me or anyone else, in a hurry to hire anyone due to staffing shortages

Interview Questions

• Walked around, chatted, very brief. Informal, just in a hurry to fill the ranks. Hired as entry level work everyone else. Forced overtime with lots of micromanaging. In a hurry to hire anyone due to staffing issues   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

I had 2 round interviews. The first round was about my background and some details, as well as information on my resume. The second round was with the team, which were totally around 5 people.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

I had two phone calls. The first was for an analyst position with the manager and a few people from the department. They mainly wanted to get to know me and asked about the work I had on my resume and asked what I knew about the programs they worked with. I got a call a few days later asking if I would be interested in another position and we talked about similar things. No technical questions.

Clinical Specialist CRHF Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Applied online, received an email for an in person interview at a Panera Bread nearby (seems to be pretty common). The guy was rather informal, friendly, and straight to the point. Typical interview questions, he explained the job and company thoroughly before asking me questions. The interview seemed more like an informational session about the job than an actual in-depth interview about my qualifications.

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Received an email requesting a time to speak. I was able to speak with the manager the next day. After speaking about the role, I was invited to an in person interview the next day. I dropped everything that I was doing, came back early from a trip and took time off work. When I sat down for the interview I was heavily questioned about my experience. There were STAR questions which I wasnt expecting for an entry level role. I was told at the end of the interview that they had many strong internal candidates that they had many an obligation to go with . The past two interviews I have done with Medtronic there has been an internal candidate the entire time. They recently contacted me about an additional role , but declined, because I dont want to continue to waste my time.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

20 minutes of STAR question designed to gauge your personality, and 40-60 minutes of technical questions. The technical questions covered programming, statistics, and general engineering skills (such as problem-solving).

Interview Questions

• Describe the steps you would take to design [common product].   1 Answer

Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (New York, NY).

Interview

Like many I applied through an employee referral. The whole process turned into a 5+ month marathon with 12 interviews in total. Many of the interviews were scheduled last minute so be prepared to drop everything and run.

After months and months of back and forth contact, the position I had been interviewing for was dissolved. The real kicker is, no one had the decency to tell me this directly which thought was rather unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a colleague whom you do not get along with?   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Interview

My interview was setup through a contracting company. The interview process was one single group interview with two senior IT developers looking to add some interns to their team. It lasted maybe 30 minutes. I would say half the interview is behavioral questions, and the other half is going over your past experiences, school projects, what you enjoy working with, etc. No technical questions (it could be different since I was going through a contracting company - not sure - at least not with my interview with Medtronic)

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

I applied online through my school's career site. I interviewed at the end of February. I had a 30 minute phone interview with a gentleman who was an engineer at Medtronic. He asked me a couple behavioral questions, then we talked a little about my resume and Medtronic in general.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to hold somebody accountable.   Answer Question