Medtronic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Medtronic Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2018

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Applied through my university, had three phone interviews before being contacted by my recruiter saying that I was offered a position. There were no technical questions and all interviews were very relaxed and conversational. Mostly just talking about my resume.

Clinical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

I had an initial hour long phone interview with the clinical manager that was very relaxed and mostly just a get to know you conversation. The second interview was an in person interview with the clinical manager where I had to give a brief presentation, then about 30 minutes of straight forward questions. I then had a second in person interview with the clinical manager and regional sales director where I gave another short presentation followed by about 45 minutes of standard questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic in January 2018.

Interview

The whole process took about two weeks. They emailed me the day after I applied online to set up an interview that was a few days later the following week.

I interviewed with two leaders from Medtronic, one was the manager of the Customer Service department and the other was an HR Rep. The interview was three parts, the first part was a getting to know you section where they asked you to explain your employment history, how you got where you are today and why you were considering the position. The next part was a series of about 5-7 behavioral questions and the third was my turn to ask any further questions I had. They did ask how much I knew about Medtronic as a company so it wouldn’t hurt to read up on your facts.

At the end of the interview they told me the date they would be making final decisions and I got an offer sent to me the day before.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you completed a project while simultaneously working on your regular daily assigned duties and how you prioritized your time.   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Skype interview with developer on team followed by onsite involving 3 rounds of interview. After the interview I received an email 2 days later saying the team really liked my skills and wanted to bring me on board. 2 weeks later I get a call from the recruiter saying they want to bring me onboard but are still sorting out a few internal moves. Almost a month later 1 reveive an email from the recruiter saying they are looking for someone with a slightly different skillset and decided to go with another candidate. This is the most ridiculous interview process I have ever been through at a company and cannot imagine actually working for such employers!

Interview Questions

• Mostly past experience and how I reacted to in various situations. It was more situation based than technical. Not sure how they actually decide on hiring Principal SDEs based on questions like these   Answer Question

Associate R&D Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

I met a recruiter a professional conference. About 3 weeks later, I had a phone interview and was asked to apply online. Phone interview was simple and relaxed. Mainly asked about relevant experience. I have just heard back that I will be having an onsite interview in about 3 weeks.

Biomedical Engineering Interview

Interview

Spoke with them at a career fair, then applied online. The online application was the standard resume, cover letter, and diversity questions. Was asked to do an on campus interview, but did not move forward. The interview had a mix of behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Showed me a circuit for a low pass filter and asked me what the corner frequency was.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Interview

Asked about my experience, background, and behavioral questions.
    I applied online and whole process took 2-3 weeks. After the vendor round, there was telephonic round with the hiring manager. I got the offer within a week, after the interview.

Interview Questions

• This is for contract position. Interview was pretty straight forward and simple.
      Asked about my experience, background, and behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic in December 2017.

Interview

I initially applied to the same role 5 months prior, but the title was the same. I learned that the role would be exactly the same after going through all the rounds of the interview and asking why the previous person left, I was informed the person left 6 months ago, and they have been trying to find a replacement. 5 months ago when I had my first phone screen, the interview did not go any further because my asking salary was outside of their range. Their target salary was I thought pretty ridiculous for a 90,000 employee company, location for the job would be in the Boston metropolitan area and for an Associate Manager position. A few months later I saw the same job description but the title became more senior, I thought well I might as well apply. I made it all the way until the end to the final interview. I was told I would hear back around 4-5 days. Now it's been about a week and I didn't hear back. I am just assuming radio silence as no, or it could very likely they don't have their acts together and is disorganized. Also very strange that the final interviews were conference calls, did not fly me in and not even a video interview. I honestly expected more from this company, I have never gone through final interviews and did not hear a yes a no. I am not sure if they have a system in place to even send out automated emails. Also I am not sure how many recruiters they have, seems like they are short staffed, both times I interacted with the same recruiter. I am not sure if the recruiter even remembered that we had spoke 5 months ago. There are a lot of strange things throughout this experience. I agree with other reviews on the interviews here that the company seems to lack courtesy. I can also assume that the pay is lower than industry average.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Applied on campus and i got an on campus interview. After a month i got two phone interviews in the same day and i was offered a position a week later

Associate Packaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

The Medtronic did the interview the way full-time packaging engineering interviews SHOULD be done. They ask a couple of the STAR questions, ask a couple personality questions, then give a problem-solving question with a package they actually work with.

I expected it to be difficult because that is how I like it. The difficulty of the interview compared to others I have been through is what made me really want the job more because it showed I would work with employees who care about the packaging and their job. The set-up was four 45 minute formal interviews with Principal Packaging Engineer, two mechanical R&D engineers, and the hiring manager. Then a lunch with another packaging engineer, but the issue here was it was just out of my norm to be in a restaurant wearing my dress shirt answering questions while other people are trying to enjoy their time while we waited for our food. The team in the ENT department was amazing. They were all people who cared about their jobs, company, and what they make.

The Wednesday of Thanksgiving I had an HR manager reach out and had a Medtronic questionnaire to further elaborate on my experiences (I wish more companies did this). The next week I had the initial interview with that HR manager then later that week had a phone screen with the packaging hiring manager. Then the next week was reached out to come to Jacksonville for a formal on-site interview. Scheduled for the week before Christmas. They told me straight up they only brought in three people for an interview. I felt confident about my answers, but also understand that other candidates from the other universities may be much better candidates.

Medtronic is one of the top companies I want to work for because of their passion for the industry. This interview confirmed this. The team was formal and knowledgeable.

I turned down an offer from a food company because they didn't give me enough time before this offer came through. I hedged my bets and lost, but I will always keep trying to get employed by Medtronic in either a contracting or full-time employment.

Interview Questions

• Three different problem-solving questions with giving me the package & asking my thoughts on it and how I would solve it.   1 Answer