Medtronic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Medtronic Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2018

2.9

Clinical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

First there was a phone interview, then an in-person interview with 2 people from the company. Following the interview there was no communication for about 5 weeks, but they did tell me it would be a few weeks before they were to be making a hiring decision. The interview was held in a hotel lobby where I ended up having to shell out $23 just to park.

Renal Care Solutions Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the hiring manager for first round. Was given a second round interview with their team which was two back-to-back phone interviews with a mix of technical questions and behavioral questions.

Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

I was referred to this position by a recruiter. They asked me about my job history and salary expectations. I was assured that they could give me comparable pay to what I was making at the time (I was relocating) to make this more of a lateral move salary wise (more on that later).

They then referred me to the hiring manager for an over the phone interview. I spoke with him for about 30 minutes about my experience and what the position is like. He liked what he heard so I was asked to come to the Twin Cities to interview in person. They did not cover travel expenses (didn't really bother me, but might for people who are coming from very far).

The in person interview was difficult, to say the least. The questions were done using a format I hadn't encountered before, and I was using situations I had encountered in my past to point out that I'm flexible and have learned lessons from mistakes I've made. It lasted almost two hours and it consisted of two separate interviews with a fifteen minute break in between. The interviewers were friendly and patient, however.

About a week later, I was made a formal offer. They didn't meet my salary request, so I had to decline but they seemed like a good organization to work for and wish it would have worked out.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you didn't use teamwork and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Company may be okay group I interviewed with seemed amazing but the recruiters are awful so rude that even if offered the position I would not take it. I have worked for and interviewed at many companies and this is by far the worst ever when it comes to recruiters they need to do a better job with training or hiring recruiters and may have a better luck with getting good employees

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult about the questions very basic   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Medtronic (San Antonio, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone interview first followed by many questions related to the sales skills and techniques I have used in my career. they were looking for how did I handle adversity and how did i overcome road blocks in the sales cycle

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself followed by SOAR questions   1 Answer

Senior Principal Internal Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic (Hartford, CT) in March 2018.

Interview

This was a first round interview phone screen interview. The recruiter was friendly and asked detailed questions about my background. We had a good back and forth. I was also able to ask her follow-up questions about the role and Medtronic.

After the interview I did send a thank you and did get a response from the recruiter, but I didn't receive any follow-up from the recruiter about the job role being filled. I appreciate when companies let you know they selected another candidate for the role.

Overall, I didn't have any issues with the process. I just wish the recruiter would have let me know they selected another candidate.

Interview Questions

• What about the position appealed to me?   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I interviewed at Medtronic (Northridge, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Got contacted by an agency. Has a phone interview, it went well and so they wanted to bring me in for a in-person interview a week later. The in-person interview was super repetitive, all the questions were from the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where your problem solving skills helped you in your career   Answer Question

Associate Corporate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Phone interview that lasted about an hour, general questions about my background and why I want to work for Medtronic. Very nice manager and overall a good experience.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interviewed by the hiring Manager and Senior Analyst. It was mainly questions on my resume. There were very detailed questions asked about strengths and weaknesses. Why I want the job and why I left the previous company.

Web Methods Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

They will ask us to fill in a form with basic details about you technical skills and rating against each. Post that there will be one round of technical and one round of management/HR interview.