Medtronic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2017

2.9

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Interview

Call with hr then call with hiring manager followed by in person interview. Extremely lengthy and disorganized. Will go many weeks without responses from anyone. Lack of professionalism and really don’t care about the candidate. Poor communication and everyone in the office looked depressed.

Project Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Submitted application online, was contacted through the phone, set up a phone interview. Then interviewed in person with three different people. Got called to come in again to meet VP and got offered the job. About a two week process.

BME Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted for an on-campus interview after attending the career fair. The interview was very casual. The interviewer had a packet of STAR questions with her, but we only covered one of the questions as we spent a lot of time discussing my resume and her experience at Medtronic. It was a very fun, conversational interview as she said she was just seeing if my beliefs match up well with the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work with at team and what the process what like/how you handled disagreements/etc.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Contacted by their internal recruiter initially and had a phone interview with her. Next was a phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by an in person interview (which was okay but I wasn’t really my usual self, maybe due to nerves), after which I was given a personality assessment. Once my results came back I was contacted by a senior rep to set up an interview, which was more casual and not as structured as the first. Again, I was asked to meet with the hiring manager and definitely showed him my personality that time, found out I was one of three top candidates, and was told there would be at least two more phone interviews with his peers. Once those were done, I was asked to interview with the manger and his AVP for a final decision as to which of the three of us would be chosen. I prepared a 15 minute presentation showing my success in previous careers, provided binders with the slides to both interviewers, then answered several organized questions from the AVP that were situational regarding how I handled challenges and set backs in the past. I answered honestly, with specific examples, and made sure my personality and sales approach was reflected in my answers. They told me they were making a decision and offer the next day. I received a call from the manager with a verbal job offer within 24 hours.
    The process was long and rigorous. I followed up every interview with a thank you email to the interviewer and a reason I was the best candidate for the position, and tried to analyze each interview as to how I could change and improve for the next one. Felt like I did an excellent job on the last one, and most important, and it was because I learned from, and improved upon, all the others. So, a very demanding interview process, but it caused me to be on my “A” game and really highlight and appreciate the success I’ve achieved over the years in my sales career.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that wasn’t a “win” for you, and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

The hiring process was straightforward and they wanted me on the team. I received an offer the day of and then they included relocation. The work was demanding but it allowed me to grow. A great culture with people to learn from.

PM Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Couple of call, meeting with the team and future supervisor. Met team members one at the time, HR and supervisor. Nothing special, typical questions for project manager job. they don't negotiate salary. Quick follow up.

Regional Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

The whole interview process took me about 3 weeks, smooth process, good questions. Overall, positive experience. Good and intelligent questions were asked. HR process has some issues, probably because using screening with key words.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through their company page, a talent acquisition member emailed me to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. Hiring manager phone interview was 30 minutes filled with background check and alignment of skills to the role applied. Asked to walk him through some problem-solving approach. He said he would get back to me about an in-person interview next.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mounds View, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic (Mounds View, MN) in September 2017.

Interview

I came in and spoke with the Manager on a direct one on one interview. He was nice and friendly the interview went well and we parted contently. The admin called me ahead of time to confirm that Inwould be available and we negotiated a good time to meet

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic in September 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job originally in May. About a month or so later i got an email stating that the job was cancelled and a new requisition was posted. So I applied and got a call in August. The beginning of the process went pretty smooth. The recruiter sent me a email for a interview with the hiring manager. Then a week later they called to make travel arrangements to fly me into the site. I gave the scheduler my availability and then he emailed me with something completely different but anywho. Flight was paid for. But you had to pay for the hotel and rental car. Then submit a expense report to get reimbursed.

I met with 4-5 people. Each lasted about 30 -45 minutes. All where pretty nice. A few situational questions but mainly just going over my resume. I did find it odd that the hiring manager never wrote down any of my responses so I figured they already knew who they where going to hire. The rest of the interviewers wrote down my answers. She was just like, "No, I will remember the answers later"... Very awkward. But okay. The work did seem as if it was more entry level and repetitive then what I initially thought.

So a few days after my interview, i emailed the recruiter, unrelated to the interview process, and she never wrote me back. 2 weeks later, she sent a scripted rejection email. But never responded to my voicemail or emails prior to that which was very unprofessional.

Aside from the rocky part at the end, the company seemed to be growing and had a lot of stability. To me it may have been a pretty decent place to work. That location was fairly small though.

On the flip side, I had another company reach to me in the 2 weeks of not getting a response from the recruiter. Hopefully this will be a much better fit. Hope this helps!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to send an effective email?   Answer Question