Medtronic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Medtronic Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.9

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Received an email requesting a time to speak. I was able to speak with the manager the next day. After speaking about the role, I was invited to an in person interview the next day. I dropped everything that I was doing, came back early from a trip and took time off work. When I sat down for the interview I was heavily questioned about my experience. There were STAR questions which I wasnt expecting for an entry level role. I was told at the end of the interview that they had many strong internal candidates that they had many an obligation to go with . The past two interviews I have done with Medtronic there has been an internal candidate the entire time. They recently contacted me about an additional role , but declined, because I dont want to continue to waste my time.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

20 minutes of STAR question designed to gauge your personality, and 40-60 minutes of technical questions. The technical questions covered programming, statistics, and general engineering skills (such as problem-solving).

Interview Questions

• Describe the steps you would take to design [common product].   1 Answer

Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (New York, NY).

Interview

Like many I applied through an employee referral. The whole process turned into a 5+ month marathon with 12 interviews in total. Many of the interviews were scheduled last minute so be prepared to drop everything and run.

After months and months of back and forth contact, the position I had been interviewing for was dissolved. The real kicker is, no one had the decency to tell me this directly which thought was rather unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a colleague whom you do not get along with?   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Interview

My interview was setup through a contracting company. The interview process was one single group interview with two senior IT developers looking to add some interns to their team. It lasted maybe 30 minutes. I would say half the interview is behavioral questions, and the other half is going over your past experiences, school projects, what you enjoy working with, etc. No technical questions (it could be different since I was going through a contracting company - not sure - at least not with my interview with Medtronic)

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

I applied online through my school's career site. I interviewed at the end of February. I had a 30 minute phone interview with a gentleman who was an engineer at Medtronic. He asked me a couple behavioral questions, then we talked a little about my resume and Medtronic in general.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to hold somebody accountable.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Interview

I had applied and the company had the audacity to claim they took "careful consideration" in assessing me and conclude that they were going to move on. I applied not even 12hrs prior, met all the requirement criteria and never even spoke a word to someone. What could someone "carefully" consider when they haven't even spoke to someone? The only variables on the application were questions regarding race, gender, age, and veteran status. So, for someone who meets the criteria, what else could an employer "carefully consider" besides (unfairly and illegally) stereotyping or judging someone for their race, gender, age, or veteran status?

Interview Questions

• What was "carefully considered" before dishonestly and inaccurately stating a claim that an applicant is inadequate?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very casual 30-minute interview - sat down with one employee and talked about my resume, especially the projects and leadership roles I've held. I talked for most of the time, and the interviewer asked me sporadic questions, mostly about any problems I had during the projects (to see how I would respond in tough situations). Barely had any conversation about why I wanted to work at Medtronic, though.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a project you worked on in which there were too many components to do yourself and what did you do?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering(MS Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Boulder, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through university career website. I got a call for an interview within a week of my application. The interview was managerial type. The interviewer was friendly. He asked about the biggest challenge at work, talk about a colleague with whom it was hard getting along in the project, In your projects which is that one thing you are happy about and one thing you are unhappy about.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your projects in which you had to struggle through to finish the work before the deadline   Answer Question

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Medtronic (Northridge, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Career Fair on campus and received email the following night. Scheduled for an interview that Friday afternoon. Interpersonal questions in STAR format. This was the first round process meant to go on for the second round. Not sure how many rounds total there would be.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you did not meet eye to eye with a person and what was the result?   1 Answer
    • A time where you had to apply time management.   Answer Question
    • Innovative design and how you convinced members to agree   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time where you worked in a team and there was a member who was not doing there part   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Medtronic?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through school's recruiting website and was invited for an interview near the end of February. Interviewed with an alumni who was currently working there, standard STAR questions to assess behavioral attributes and fit to company. Interviewer said they changed their behavioral interview process starting 2017 so past posts may not be 100% accurate. Have not actually heard back but has been almost 3 weeks so I am assuming no offer.