Medtronic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Medtronic

1,005 Interview Reviews

2.9

R&D Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

I met the manager through a recruiting event and was introduced by a friend who worked there. I was later called and went through a 20 minute phone interview before doing 4 hours worth of interviews on site.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you didn't have enough time to complete a report with a hard deadline?   Answer Question

Human Factors and User Experience Interview

Interview

I went through the first two rounds of interview. First was on the phone with two individuals. The second was a video interview with most of their human factors and user experience team.

Intern Interview

Interview

They were very helpful and responded to all my emails and questions before the interview very quickly. They seemed to be not paying attention to me during my interview. They told me I would hear back quickly but did not give me a response for 3 weeks after my interview nor did they respond to any follow up emails.

Interview Questions

• Basic things about myself. Talked a lot about the company but did not ask any interview specific questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2020.

Interview

The process begins with a phone interview for about 30min, going over what the company does, and also getting to know you. After, you get scheduled for an interview event where it takes about 3 hours and interviewed by 3 different people, and including a technical included among the 3.

Interview Questions

• Where you ever forced to go over the deadline to achieve a goal?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

It was very normal - it depends on the interviewers and/or the team that you are interviewing for (which is unknown at the time of applying). There were some interviewers that didn't seem to know the job responsibilities or outlook well. Standard interview process, it just felt like you have to luck out.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

The process if really quick and the interviewer was really nice to talk to. The process took about one week to receive an answer. The interview lasted about 1 hour and it was an on campus interview

Interview Questions

• Describe some of the challenges you have faced when working in a team   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2020.

Interview

It was a very smooth interview, the interviewer were very professional and kept the conversation smooth making it easy for the interviewee. i feel like if you are confident slow down and think about the process it was an easy interview

Interview Questions

• They asked me to explain the projects that was listed on my resume   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (Tempe, AZ) in February 2020.

Interview

The hiring interview process was carried out in 3 steps. First phone call with the HR recruiter where they ask you questions to get an overview of your background and to judge your relevance to the position. The second phone call was with the hiring manager where they ask you position relevant questions and dive deeper into your responsibilities in the previous experiences mentioned on the resume. The third interview was on site where there were three different panels, each panel with a higher seniority than the previous. The on site interview was completely behavioral based question and they expect you to strictly answer in the STAR format which seemed very primitive and does not particularly account for the 'job related aptitude' of the candidate. It was a 3 hour continuous questioning interview sessions with no breaks and they roughly asked about 15 behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in your previous experiences where you had to avoid facing risk in the workplace.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time in your previous experiences where you had to successfully negotiate with a third party vendor.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

I first interviewed with the recruiter, then the hiring manager. Then I interviewed with 6 different people, one after another, in one day. I got asked many behavioral style questions. I really did like all of the people I interviewed with. Medtronic has a great vibe and team culture from what I can tell.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral questions!   1 Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

no heads up before making a phone call for the interview. It was the hiring manager called me without any notice and it is in the middle of the regular business hours. lack of politeness while asking questions. while giving an example the hiring manager said stop giving examples, which was very rude. He called for Full time position but asked me if I can work contracting. Even If I got an offer I would have rejected it.

Interview Questions

• everything in Job description. Too many to say !   1 Answer