MindTouch, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MindTouch, Inc. Interview Questions

Interviews at MindTouch, Inc.

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MindTouch, Inc. (San Diego, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Chris, the recruiter, organized each phone interview and kept me updated about my place in the hiring process. He really added a lot to my understanding and positive experiences while interviewing with MindTouch.
    It all started with a phone screening with the Manager of the Test Engineer Team. This was followed by an onsite interview with several people in 1 day; a technical interview with the same Manager, a cultural interview with 2 other members of the team, and then an interview with the Director of Engineering Operations. I was called back about a month and a half later for another onsite interview with the COO, or self described "conductor" of the organization. A week later I went in for my final onsite interview with the Director of Engineering/CTO.
    It was interesting because I learned about myself every time I spoke with a new person from MindTouch. Information I learned about the MindTouch culture and processes resonated with me, and I'm so excited to be a part of the family.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my typical workday/workflow within the QA software engineering cycle at my previous company.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MindTouch, Inc. in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted an online resume through a recruiter. Started with a phone interview with the recruiter, then had three visits at MindTouch: an initial interview with a director, a technology interview with an engineer, and the C-suite interview. Offer was given on the spot during the third interview. Very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• To give them feedback on some current issues with their website and determine how I would approach it.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MindTouch, Inc..

Interview

First time I've ever been essentially shamed for having stayed with an employer for a long time. Guess loyalty or sticking with a job doesn't mean much here on your resume. Was basically told "not that I want people who just job hop, but..." Whatever. Scatterbrained company.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unconventional, average questions.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MindTouch, Inc. (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Step 1. Phone call by outside recruiter.
    Step 2. Phone call interview
    Step 3. One-on-one with sales manager
    The company is in the 15th floor and everyone there is pretty nice. The one downfall is you do have to pay for your own parking when you interview with Mindtouch. I was asked a series of questions and got to know the interviewer as he got to know me. I kept being asked "why do you want to work in this position when you should be looking at a Sales Engineer role (there was no current openings)?" I also received many compliments and felt pretty good with the interview. The only downfall is I felt like the interviewer was pushing the idea that I was a little overqualified. In fact, a few days later I received noticed that the company is planning to move forward with other candidates and I didn't get the job.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MindTouch, Inc. (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

There were four interviews I had to go through:

Screening: Conversation about MindTouch and why I was interested in joining.

In house interview. This is a 3h interview broken in 4 parts: 30m Coding and software design, 30m Technology overview, 1h technical interview and questions, 1h cultural interview.

In house interview. 1h interview with CEO.

An offer was made hours after my third interview.

Interview Questions

• General programming/technology questions: Data structures, Design Patterns, Unit testing, Communication protocols

Basic personal questions like education, hobies, etc   1 Answer

Sales Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at MindTouch, Inc. (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with a recruiter, then phone interview with SDR Manager, then in-person interview with 4 different people over 2 hours, then a presentation that I had to give, followed by 1 on 1s with CEO and sales management.

Interview Questions

• Fulkerson asked me my college GPA   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MindTouch, Inc. in February 2016.

Interview

Went through exhaustive interview process at disheveled and cramped workspace. 4 interviews over four hours and didn't even receive the courtesy of a call to say that they wouldn't be moving forward.

Interview Questions

MindTouch, Inc. Response

Jun 20, 2016 – Founder and CEO

Thanks for taking the time to share with us your feedback. That's pretty crappy we didn't communicate with you. Our apologies. We've since hired someone to manage our hiring process so that we don't... More

Interview

It was the best hiring experience I have ever had. I was able to meet with various people throughout the organization so I could get a feel for the culture and what was expected from each department.

Interview Questions

• The questions during the interview were very fair and did not have one that I had not heard before.   Answer Question

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MindTouch, Inc. (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Spoke with head of QA initially on the phone, then got called in for an interview with one of the IT managers or developers. They asked basic questions then had some of their current testers(who were kids, like 19) have me edit some CSS on a laptop.

Interview Questions

• if I were to give you a toaster and you were to examine it, describe your process.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MindTouch, Inc. (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, process took 3 months. Got a call from the CEO to interview and the interview was scheduled for a month later. CEO was really nice and friendly and had a great conversation. Was scheduled for follow up interviews in person with two of their people at their offices. Office seemed very crowded - but had a good vibe overall. Interestingly, both were from sales and not Engineering. Usually PM roles are interviewed by other PMs or Engineering. It appeared that it may have been a mistake - the interviewers seemed a bit surprised themselves. They were very nice though and all questions were general and behavioral. I was told I'd be brought back in soon to speak with more people. But there was no response after that. I followed up a month later and was told they selected someone else who had more relevant experience. CEO asked me to stay in touch, a gesture that I appreciated.

Level II Support Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MindTouch, Inc..

Interview

I was called for a phone interview, the person sounded unfocused over the phone. He briefly asked about my skills but mistook my resume for someone else. You can imagine my confusion at this point, but that did not shy away my interest in the job. He understood his mistake, promised a later interview date, and has since ignored any sort of call or follow-up from me. Advice to management: The hiring process is a direct translation for professional talent to ascertain an accredited business from a poor one. Please double-check that your hiring personnel are reviewing resumes and matching them to their respective candidate before they make a call.

Interview Questions

• The phone screener was not prepared to ask relevant questions.   Answer Question