NBA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 27, 2017

2.9

Event Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBA (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was average for today's standards. They asked very standard questions. Initial interview was conducted by HR (limited knowledge of the position) and then the hiring manager.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at NBA.

Interview

There are two rounds. One face to face and one via telephone. They ask you to speak about yourself, which department you see yourself working in, etc. You are most likely contacted right before thanksgiving or after in regard to if you will proceed to the next round. It was a great experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Tell Me About Yourself?
      Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Associate Counsel Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBA.

Interview

Brief phone screener, friendly but down to business. Screener seemed to just be a quick assessment to get a sense background before further conversations with group. Was told resume would be passed on and regardless would hear either way on next steps but never heard back despite follow up. Got the impression that legal skills need to be a 100% match to the role and heavy transactional experienced preferred, as legal positions at NBA are highly competitive and coveted. Very long lag between application and interviews.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about background, qualifications, and why NBA. Why interested in leaving current role, etc. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Project Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at NBA (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a phone interview. I was asked about a few questions about basketball. Some questions about stats and who were the head coaches for certain teams. I was asked who won a game the night before.

Interview Questions

• If Ray Allen tips the ball and Rajon Rondo picks the ball up, who gets credited for the steal?   6 Answers

Staff, NBA China Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NBA (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied thru employee referral. HR called the very next day to discuss my qualifications, JD, salary expectations, and etc. Right after the call, received an email saying if I can come in for a in-person interview with hire manager that afternoon. Went in, good talk with the manager. Mostly behavioral questions. Thought the interview went really well, but never heard back again.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBA in December 2016.

Interview

recruiter reached out, had one interview via Skype, and over a month later found out i was selected for a 2nd interview, and had that interview on the phone in late December 2016. Following contact came 6 weeks later and received notice that i wasn't selected for a third interview.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NBA (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for a couple positions in June and received a phone call from a recruiter a couple days later. She was very nice and said I may not be a fit for one of the jobs I applied for but an executive position role was going to be posted in a couple days. I applied for the position and from that point the communication was great between myself and the recruiter. I heard from her every couple days with status updates which I appreciated since most place won't do that. My first in-person interview was actually via skye with one of the SVP's I would be supporting. After that I was invited to the NYC office for an actual in-person interview with another SVP I would be supporting. This SVP was so nice and I could tell I would love working with her. A few days later I was invited back for a final interview with the final SVP I would be supporting. Going back was going to require me to take additional time off from work (to allow for plenty of travel time into NYC) and I was just too busy to make that work. In addition to the amount of time I was taking away from work to interview with the NBA I wasn't entirely sure I wanted to fall back into an executive assistant role. I was hoping to move on from that. Ultimately, I had to cancel and decline the office to come in for the final round of interviews. It was a hard decision to make since I really did like the SVP's I did have the pleasure of meeting, especially the 2nd one during my in-person meeting.

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NBA (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

You go through about three different interviews. The first one with the general HR manager, the second with the HR Director, and the third with your specific manager. All of my interviews were on the phone but they usually do two phone and one skype.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBA (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied via online and heard back from HR within a few days. I provided several dates to have the phone screening but HR never came back to me. 2 weeks later I got a phone call out of the blue. She told me that the position was changing but still wanted to have an "exploratory" meeting with me. Honestly, she was all over the place and had no clue what was happening and assumed I had already spoken to her. I had the "exploratory" meeting and it was a complete waste of time. She seemed preoccupied. Don't bother applying here.

Interview Questions

• So you want an entry-level position?   1 Answer

Rotational Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NBA (Syracuse, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

First round was an in person interview at school. Second round was done over the phone. Third round is supposed to be done at their office where you give a presentation and meet other associates and execs. My only complaint is not being informed I hadn't made it passed the second round until after the process was over. I mean I took the hint but it's still rude and unprofessional to even get a rejection letter.