NBA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NBA Interview Questions

Updated Feb 5, 2018

2.9

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBA.

Interview

Very slow process moving from round to round and slow response time. The process consisted of two basic behavioral interviews - the first being with the general NBA and the second being with the department that is best fit for you

Interview Questions

• Why the NBA and not other sports leagues or specific teams?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Not bad interviews, have had 3 so far. First was in person is mainly about your resume, second and third are more about the specific department you will be working in. All Interviewers were really friendly and somewhat laid back. I put I did't accept, but there wasn't a button for idk yet. so yeah.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBA (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Fairly straightforward - no difficult or unexpected questions. If you prepare for the interview it should go well! I have had 3 interviews so far (no offer as of yet) and am hoping for the best! It really helps to have an interest in the NBA as they will ask you who sponsors them, and other questions that are easy to NBA fans but could be difficult for those who are not.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBA.

Interview

Had a phone interview in early November and was told I'd hear about a second interview right before or right after Thanksgiving. I thought the interview went extremely well. After sending two follow up emails after not hearing back after Thanksgiving, I was finally told the second week of December that they would not continue to consider my application.

Interview Questions

• What recent partnerships has the NBA been a part of that interest you?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBA (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I thought the interview process was fairly straightforward and easy. I applied for the internship and within a few weeks found out I was selected for a first round interview with a person from HR who asked me standard interview questions. A few weeks later (after Thanksgiving), I found out I was selected for a second round interview with a person within a specific department. A few weeks after having that interview, during the second week of January, I was informed that I would have a third-round interview with another person within that department. I have not yet had the third round interview, but I have been told that if I do well in the third round I should here within a couple weeks that I have been offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experiences and how they relate to an internship in the NBA?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Why did you choose your college/university and your major? How does your major relate to sports?
      What has been your favorite class?
      Etc.   Answer Question

Summer Undergraduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBA (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied in September. Heard back for first round interviews at the end of October and conducted the first round interview at the beginning of November (phone). A month later I was contacted by HR that I made it to second round interviews, but I was not contacted by a department head until the second week of January to schedule and conduct the second round interview (Skype). I received a call a day later from the internship coordinator informing me that I got the internship.

Intern Interview

Interview

There were mostly Behavioral questions. Had to know about how the NBA operated as a league and some of the current initiatives they were rolling out. Also have a reason for why the league.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBA (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

More walking through your resume than anything else. They want to get to know you as a person and what types of things that you have done in the past that make you able to do this position.

Interview Questions

• How well do you know the G-League?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBA (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and made it to phone interviews. First phone interview went well and the HR person insisted we stay in contact. Second recruiter was stand-offish and evidently never even spoke to the other person I initially spoke with. Never heard back after following up.

Event Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBA (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was average for today's standards. They asked very standard questions. Initial interview was conducted by HR (limited knowledge of the position) and then the hiring manager.