NBA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NBA Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2018

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBA (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Applied on the NBA website. Received a call from a recruiter to setup a phone interview. The recruiting process has two phone interviews (one 1:1 and one group) and a final round interview on site. The recruiter seemed very nice and approachable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you faced something boring or mundane. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBA (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

A very thorough interview process--by far the most rigorous one I underwent throughout my job hunt.

I began by submitting resume, cover letter and writing sample. I heard back from the company about three weeks after the deadline by email, informing me of an initial phone screen.

The first interview was a behavioral interview with an HR manager, with questions such as "Tell me about a time you struggled." I heard back 5 weeks later about a second interview.

Round 2 was more lax. It was conducted by two NBA team members: the head of HR and a current associate. They asked me questions about my resume, experience and interest in the NBA.

One week later I heard back from the NBA, inviting me for a final round in NYC. This one involved a 7-minute PowerPoint presentation explaining why one is an excellent candidate (delivered in front of a 8-10 person panel), a panel interview by these same people, a written case study and a quiz about the NBA. If you specified fluency in a language, they will conduct an interview in that language to test your proficiency. At the time I also had to complete and pass a background check.

Less than a week later I received a phone call with the final status notification. Though the process was intense, I enjoyed meeting many people at the company who were all nice and passionate about their work.

Interview Questions

• Given your background in a different field, why the NBA?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBA in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online, the process took 3+ months. The first round is via skype with an HR reprsentative. It consists of basic behavioral questions. The second round is via skype with another HR representative alongside a current associate. This elaborates on first round questions, asks more hypotheticals specifically as they relate to your resume experience ("tell me a time you struggled, describe when you took leadership, etc"). The Third round in New York consists of a short quiz, a writted case study test, and finally a panel interview/presentation in front of top executives. During this they will ask you about specific departments you'd like to work for and different challenges facing the NBA's business.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the challenges facing the expansion of the NBA?   Answer Question

Associate Counsel Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBA.

Interview

Brief phone screener, friendly but down to business. Screener seemed to just be a quick assessment to get a sense background before further conversations with group. Was told resume would be passed on and regardless would hear either way on next steps but never heard back despite follow up. Got the impression that legal skills need to be a 100% match to the role and heavy transactional experienced preferred, as legal positions at NBA are highly competitive and coveted. Very long lag between application and interviews.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about background, qualifications, and why NBA. Why interested in leaving current role, etc. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBA.

Interview

Had a phone interview in early November and was told I'd hear about a second interview right before or right after Thanksgiving. I thought the interview went extremely well. After sending two follow up emails after not hearing back after Thanksgiving, I was finally told the second week of December that they would not continue to consider my application.

Interview Questions

• What recent partnerships has the NBA been a part of that interest you?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at NBA.

Interview

There are two rounds. One face to face and one via telephone. They ask you to speak about yourself, which department you see yourself working in, etc. You are most likely contacted right before thanksgiving or after in regard to if you will proceed to the next round. It was a great experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Tell Me About Yourself?
      Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBA.

Interview

Online application. 3 weeks to a month wait between applying and first contact.

1st interview: Contacted by a recruiter via email, discussed resume and a lot of behavioral questions (ex. describe a time when you disagreed with a supervisor).

2-3 months later contacted via email again.

2nd interview: Contacted by the hiring manager in the department for which I applied. Discussed resume, more behavioral questions.

A week later:

3rd interview: Contacted by another member of the department, talked about resume, and asked specific questions about the department. Skype interview. **Not everyone gets a third interview like this.

I was contacted by a recruiter within 48 hours with my offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with a supervisor and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBA (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Lengthy, drawn out. It seemed very shallow. My interviewer was very political about his questioning. HR took quite a bit of time to get back to me on the status of my interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBA in December 2016.

Interview

recruiter reached out, had one interview via Skype, and over a month later found out i was selected for a 2nd interview, and had that interview on the phone in late December 2016. Following contact came 6 weeks later and received notice that i wasn't selected for a third interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBA (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

More walking through your resume than anything else. They want to get to know you as a person and what types of things that you have done in the past that make you able to do this position.

Interview Questions

• How well do you know the G-League?   1 Answer