National Instruments Analog Hardware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Instruments Analog Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

3.8

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Provo, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

Went to a luncheon hosted by the company and gave them my resume at the career fair the next day. They hosted a dinner for those to whom they extended an interview to go over general company info and then the candidates were split up into software, hardware, leadership, and full-time groups to discuss specific interview questions. Interview consisted of 2 behavioral questions (tell a time you had to troubleshoot a problem and the path you took to do it; tell about a time you went above and beyond of what was required). This was followed by 2 technical situations (filters with capacitors and op-amps). Several questions were asked on these two topics to insure an understanding instead of spewing memorized information.

Overall, interview was a great experience. I suggest brushing up on topics based on the type of interview you go for.

Interview Questions

• Solve the gain of a non-inverting op amp. Suppose the input to the op amp was a 2.5 VAC source with a 2.5 V DC offset. Alter the op amp so there is no offset on the output voltage.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for National Instruments

Analog Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

45 minutes in person interview. Two interviewers - one from analog background and the other from digital background. It is a combination of behavioral interview and technical interview. Got the interview from campus career fair.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Short interview at the university campus, followed by a full day at National Instruments. Rigorous technical interview by actual engineers. They really expect you to know your stuff. I suspect no one really aces an interview; they seem happy to keep asking harder questions. This was the hardest interview I had. Now that I've started working there, I can understand why. Whatever you think you learned at school, it's not enough.

Interview Questions

• Justify the design decisions on your senior project.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview went very well. Actual interview was extremely technically challenging. I have never been through a more brutal interview process and it was very humbling.

Analog Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

It's a one-day interview. You will be taken to different groups and asked to solve several technical questions (make sure to get fully prepared because it's tough!). There were also several presentations introducing their company and products.

Interview Questions

• Solve an analog circuit and sketch the frequency response.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Most of the questions were based on solving for the gain of cascaded BJTs. A couple of questions on diodes and opamps. Lot of emphasis on projects and questions based on that. Overall it was not a difficult interview. I screwed up because I was rusty on BJTs ...
    There were three rounds of interviews each lasting 1.5 hours. Each with a separate group within NI. Except for the first interviewer, they were friendly and helped me throughout.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in February 2009.

Interview

Interview consists of two main parts. The first part is about past experiences and the second part is technical questions. Past experiences go through situations where you demonstrated the use of a particular skill, like debugging. The technical questions don't go into much detail unless you do very well, but cover a lot of courses.

Interview Questions

• One of the most difficult questions I got was to draw all the waveforms for a switching mode power supply.   Answer Question

Analog Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bayan Lepas (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Instruments (Bayan Lepas (Malaysia)) in December 2013.

Interview

They mostly will ask about the project you has done before. Few technical question regarding on basic circuit and knowledge. It take almost 1 hour + to completed the interview session.

Interview Questions

• Basic knowledge must have example behavior of R, C, L. Then amplifier, transistor.   Answer Question

Analog Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at National Instruments in February 2011.

Interview

On campus interview. It was a 1:1 interview. The interviewer showed a PCB thats used in NI.He then asked resume related questions about the Projects done. Moving to a technical question, he asked about designing a logic so that three LEDs would glow in a specific order.