National Instruments Digital Hardware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Instruments Digital Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

it is a 30-45 mins 1-1 interview locating at a hotel conference room near my college.
I met the interviewer on the campus career fair and info session.
They let me choose to have technical or behavior interview first.
The overall interview is not that hard.

Interview Questions

• Design a State Machine, and analyze the delays.
    Review some projects on the resume.

Other Interview Reviews for National Instruments

Digital Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

On-campus interview. It was two behavioral questions plus some technical questions. I was interviewed by two hardware engineers. They were cordial and very helpful. They helped me along when I was unsure of how to proceed with the problem. They were planning to ask me more technical questions, but we ran out of time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to research something and apply it to your project.
      Design a circuit for a 101 detector.
      Design a circuit for a 101 detector, and let the output be high for 3 clock cycles after sequence detected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at National Instruments (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

The intern interview lasts about 45 minutes and includes 3 parts: 1) ask some personal information like visa status, graduation date. 2) ask you to describe two personal experiences on problem solving and designing. 3) Give you 15 minutes to solve a problem on digital circuit. Of course, the rest of time is Q&A

Interview Questions

• Describe a experience that you encounter a difficult problem which takes you a very long time, says months, to solve it. What's the problem and how did you figure out and solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments (College Station, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

There were too parts to the interview, a behavioral interview and a technical interview. The behavioral was pretty straight forward following the STAR interview process and the technical portion was one question.

Interview Questions

• Gave me a sequence of 0's and 1's and asked me to implement this using flip flops.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Instruments (State College, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Career fair and got a call to come back the next day and interview with them. Their interview consisted of two parts. The first on was behavioral and the second part was a technical question

Interview Questions

• They asked me to name a time when I went above and beyond. Also they asked a technical question involving FSM and how I would make a circuit to see if a string was valid.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Instruments (Gainesville, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

i applied to them on career fair and next evening got a call from them for the next day interview. Also was told that it would be about digital logic design. Interview had a mix of behavioral questions and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Random pattern generation and switching in between   1 Answer

Digital Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

It is simple. First there was a telephonic interview in which the interviewer had asked me about my resume and skills. I answered them well and the questions were very simple like describe your projects and how did you correct the bug you faced in your project and stuff...

Then there was an on site interview where they asked me on flip flops, timing diagrams, delays etc.

Interview Questions

• how is the serial and parallel communication done using fpga with the external devices.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Gave the resume at the career fair and got an email the next day. The interview was held at the campus after three days. Two people interviewed me - 1) Manager, 2) Our university alumnus.

Interview Questions

• 1) Explain a scenario where you took the lead and how you are able to accomplish it.
      2) Describe your debugging skills.
      3) A technical question on FSM like sequence detection in a bit stream.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

It's a on campus interview right after the career fair. First they did some back ground check and asked some behavior problem. Then it goes to technical problems described as bellow. The technical problem is more about basic one since it's a on campus interview. I still wait for more information about later on-site interview to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• A basic state machine problem. Glitch property and its solution.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

On campus interview after career fair. It was easy with technical and HR questions.
    Questions based on state diagrams and complete analysis of it.
    Very friendly and helping interviewer.
    HR questions were simple and general. Pretty chilled out.
    They took very long to get back withe result and i had accepted internship elsewhere.