National Instruments Programmer Analyst I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Instruments Programmer Analyst I Interview Questions

Interviews at National Instruments

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

I had applied online. An initial Phone screen was scheduled a week later. The questions were mostly behavioral- Tell me about yourself, some team projects you have worked on? Why NI?

Thereafter, I got an call for an onsite interview a week later- The schedule was as follows:
The day started with the presentation of 15-20 minutes that covered details about myself, career so far, why NI and Why NI should select me. I had to present in front of 8-10 members followed by Q&A round. The second round was a technical interview round. It lasted about an hour. Then they offered me lunch followed by a hour of behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for National Instruments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

1 Skills test in University
    1:1 interview in University
    1 fit Interview in company
    1 Technical interview in company
    1 peer interview in company

Skills test has pseudo codes
    interviews are not very tough, asks about various situations in experience
    technical interviewer asks to design family tree, video rental system, employee leave system
    Day in the company is very hectic and exhausting. but experience is nice.

Interview Questions

• Design of Family Tree database or web system and hardware   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

Received an interview call through college job fair.

First Interview :(Location: University Campus)
    Consisted of general questions like , tell me about yourself , what programming experience do you have , and describe a situation where you resolved conflict etc. and few technical questions on database management .

Skills test(Location: University Campus)
    Got phone call on the same day of interview , asking me to take test.
    test was of 1 hour and had 30 multiple choice questions.
    No particular language was used but a psuedo code.

Got a call for on-site interviews in Austin.
    First Interview: Fit interview
    All questions were of the type ,describe a situation in your projects where....

Second Interview: technical
    Discussed about projects on my resume.
    Draw ER diagram for video shop.
    Design Employee Leave/vacation system

Third Interview:HR
    General discussion about what I like to do .
    project scenarios , and what would be my action in such conditions..

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in October 2008.

Interview

Excellent correspondence with the recruiter, and great assistance towards helping the move itself go smoothly. I was very impressed with the fact that they gave me a skills test; I have never had that before following an interview. NI has one of the coolest corporate cultures, so they are not just interviewing the knowledge of the individual, but the personality itself to see if it is a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience where you were forced to handle a conflict, and what was the outcome   2 Answers
    • What is your biggest strength   1 Answer

Negotiation

Due to the fact that I was transitioning from college, and that NI deals with recruiting out of universities on a regular basis, I was offered the standard college graduate package with no room for negotiations.