National Instruments Programmer Analyst I Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2017

To filter interviews, or .
Found 17 of over 839 interviews

Applied online19%
Employee Referral13%
HardAverageEasy

National Instruments

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments

Interview

A phone screen interview followed by a face to face interview with local management. If those go well, you move to having interviews with people from the US or Hungary most likely.

Interview Questions
  • Several technical questions
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batu Maung

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Instruments (Batu Maung)

Interview

1. Phone call interview - simple and easy interview where like normal chatting. 2. On site interview - Two stages: (1) Non-technical (2) Technical non technical is just Q&A section with the HR department. Such as introducing yourself and normal interview questions you can simply get on Google. technical part is question on your skill and knowledge. It depends on the interviewer whether they want you to draw, explain, write some codes.

Interview Questions
  • Introduce yourself - What do you learned - asking on database question such as how you design your project - draw it out and explain the flow and relationship - programming logic question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in Oct 2015

Interview

2 Interview on site. Both of them are mixed(technical and behavioral). I got hired from career fair meeting. they called me for an on-campus interview. there were two on-campus interview. both of them were behavioral. Dress code was professional, a very nice enviornment and a good experience for recrutiment for intern poisition.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me "whether a string is palindrome or not"?

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in Feb 2015

Interview

I met the company at the Texas Tech career fair. I was schedule for an interview the next day on campus. I was told that they would contact me within the next week. I received a call almost a week later stating they wanted to send me to Austin for the second round of interviews. In Austin, we met the team, the company, and the city.

Interview Questions
  • How would you describe the Internet to someone that doesn't know what it is?
  • Talk about a time when you had to sacrifice something for the better of the team.
  • Database Diagram for a movie rental store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Debrecen

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at National Instruments (Debrecen)

Interview

After 2 months, I got a call to have an english language test. Few days later, I was told to take a programmer test that took 1 hour. Not very hard, but have to keep the pace (1-2 minutes / questions). 2 weeks later I had a personal interview with a HR and with two person related to the field I applied. The questions covered the SQL, and programming basics, and it took an hour.

Interview Questions
  • I had to make a database scheme on a whiteboard then describe the details to the interviewers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in Jan 2013

Interview

I had applied online. An initial Phone screen was scheduled a week later. The questions were mostly behavioral- Tell me about yourself, some team projects you have worked on? Why NI? Thereafter, I got an call for an onsite interview a week later- The schedule was as follows: The day started with the presentation of 15-20 minutes that covered details about myself, career so far, why NI and Why NI should select me. I had to present in front of 8-10 members followed by Q&A round. The second round was a technical interview round. It lasted about an hour. Then they offered me lunch followed by a hour of behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batu Maung

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National Instruments (Batu Maung) in Dec 2012

Interview

Resume filter, phone interview, on site interview, technical question ...

Interview Questions
  • Technical questions of your area

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in Apr 2012

Interview

Received interview call after the career fair in Feb. First on-capmus interview in March 1 week, plant visit during last week of March and offer in April 3rd week. Plant visit was an amazing experience.

Interview Questions
  • If you were to feature on a magazine's cover page which would it be? And what will be the head line?

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in Mar 2012

Interview

I met NI through a career fair. A couple weeks later, we were asked to join in on a 1:1 campus interview. After selections were made, we were then asked to attend an on-site interview that lasted for a day.

Interview Questions
  • Name a project that you were in charge of, what went wrong, and how did you fix it?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments (College Station, TX) in Mar 2012

Interview

First stage of the interview was an on-site programming test and behavioral interview. 2nd round was an all day event. You get to tour their campus, meet some managers, and attend scheduled interviews. There were a total of three. They ranged from behavioral to technical. Overall a very fast-paced day. That night the team will take you out to dinner and a fun event on the town.

Interview Questions
  • An ERD question involving relationship only to itself.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Interviews