National Instruments Programmer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Instruments Programmer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at National Instruments

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Received interview call after the career fair in Feb. First on-capmus interview in March 1 week, plant visit during last week of March and offer in April 3rd week. Plant visit was an amazing experience.

Interview Questions

• If you were to feature on a magazine's cover page which would it be? And what will be the head line?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for National Instruments

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

I met NI through a career fair. A couple weeks later, we were asked to join in on a 1:1 campus interview. After selections were made, we were then asked to attend an on-site interview that lasted for a day.

Interview Questions

• Name a project that you were in charge of, what went wrong, and how did you fix it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

NI came to our career fair. I turned in my resume and talked with the people. A week later I got a phone call to schedule an on campus interview.
    First we had a technical test with 30 multiple choices. Several people took the test together. It was an hour. Then I left and came back at the scheduled time for the interview. It was an hour.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavior questions. One or two database design questions. Not too hard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments (College Station, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

First stage of the interview was an on-site programming test and behavioral interview.

2nd round was an all day event. You get to tour their campus, meet some managers, and attend scheduled interviews. There were a total of three. They ranged from behavioral to technical. Overall a very fast-paced day. That night the team will take you out to dinner and a fun event on the town.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I met the company at the Texas Tech career fair. I was schedule for an interview the next day on campus. I was told that they would contact me within the next week. I received a call almost a week later stating they wanted to send me to Austin for the second round of interviews. In Austin, we met the team, the company, and the city.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the Internet to someone that doesn't know what it is?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when you had to sacrifice something for the better of the team.   Answer Question
    • Database Diagram for a movie rental store.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

A phone screen interview followed by a face to face interview with local management. If those go well, you move to having interviews with people from the US or Hungary most likely.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

2 Interview on site. Both of them are mixed(technical and behavioral). I got hired from career fair meeting. they called me for an on-campus interview. there were two on-campus interview. both of them were behavioral. Dress code was professional, a very nice enviornment and a good experience for recrutiment for intern poisition.

Interview Questions

• They asked me "whether a string is palindrome or not"?   1 Answer

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments in March 2009.

Interview

The recruiter worked quickly to get me set up for an interview. The first phone interview was behavioral with some pseudo-technical questions thrown in. Although my second interview had a scheduling snafu, it went fairly well. It was technical in nature.

After the second interview, I went to Austin to have two more interviews, plus a written exam. The culture there was amazing, and the people made sure I had everything I may have needed. Everybody was friendly and exude a sense of intelligence. The recruiter did a fantastic job of helping me out as well, giving me heads up and also selling me on how NI does business.

After all this, I was extended a verbal offer. I accepted immediately, and the recruiter informed me that I should be receiving the offer letter early the following week. Early the following week the letter never came. He called me and explained what happened and told me he would call me with a status update in a couple of days. When he finally called, he told me that Friday would be the day, and he would call me. He never did. I tried to reach him and never could until I contacted someone at NI. Finally two weeks after I verbally accepted the job offer, I was told that the offer was put on hold due to budget constraints.

The interviewing process went beautifully. However, I don't have a good feeling about the whole process because of how the offer was handled. If you get a job offer, please make sure to get it in writing before doing anything.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a website that links buyers and sellers of autos?   1 Answer

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bayan Lepas (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Bayan Lepas (Malaysia)) in December 2010.

Interview

Professional, courteous and informative. Looks for a cultural fit to the company in terms of attitude, mindset and intelligence.

Interview Questions

• What is the company's main product?   1 Answer

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments in February 2011.

Interview

First phone screening for about 30 mins, if the command of English, some technical skills and confidence is there, then the onsite interviews follows ; Personality and Skill tests. If you're the one targeted they will arrange a lunch/dinner with candidates to gauge how is the behavior outside the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the time where you had to invent/create a solution and how did you go about it?   1 Answer

Their method of hiring is based on skillset and personality, not interests or strengths