National Instruments Programmer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 20, 2017

2.9

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

A phone screen interview followed by a face to face interview with local management. If those go well, you move to having interviews with people from the US or Hungary most likely.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for National Instruments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

2 Interview on site. Both of them are mixed(technical and behavioral). I got hired from career fair meeting. they called me for an on-campus interview. there were two on-campus interview. both of them were behavioral. Dress code was professional, a very nice enviornment and a good experience for recrutiment for intern poisition.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I met the company at the Texas Tech career fair. I was schedule for an interview the next day on campus. I was told that they would contact me within the next week. I received a call almost a week later stating they wanted to send me to Austin for the second round of interviews. In Austin, we met the team, the company, and the city.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the Internet to someone that doesn't know what it is?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when you had to sacrifice something for the better of the team.   Answer Question
    • Database Diagram for a movie rental store.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Received interview call after the career fair in Feb. First on-capmus interview in March 1 week, plant visit during last week of March and offer in April 3rd week. Plant visit was an amazing experience.

Interview Questions

• If you were to feature on a magazine's cover page which would it be? And what will be the head line?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

I met NI through a career fair. A couple weeks later, we were asked to join in on a 1:1 campus interview. After selections were made, we were then asked to attend an on-site interview that lasted for a day.

Interview Questions

• Name a project that you were in charge of, what went wrong, and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments (College Station, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

First stage of the interview was an on-site programming test and behavioral interview.

2nd round was an all day event. You get to tour their campus, meet some managers, and attend scheduled interviews. There were a total of three. They ranged from behavioral to technical. Overall a very fast-paced day. That night the team will take you out to dinner and a fun event on the town.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

NI came to our career fair. I turned in my resume and talked with the people. A week later I got a phone call to schedule an on campus interview.
    First we had a technical test with 30 multiple choices. Several people took the test together. It was an hour. Then I left and came back at the scheduled time for the interview. It was an hour.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavior questions. One or two database design questions. Not too hard.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batu Maung (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Instruments (Batu Maung (Malaysia)).

Interview

1. Phone call interview - simple and easy interview where like normal chatting.
    2. On site interview - Two stages: (1) Non-technical (2) Technical

non technical is just Q&A section with the HR department. Such as introducing yourself and normal interview questions you can simply get on Google.

technical part is question on your skill and knowledge. It depends on the interviewer whether they want you to draw, explain, write some codes.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself - What do you learned - asking on database question such as how you design your project - draw it out and explain the flow and relationship - programming logic question   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Debrecen (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National Instruments (Debrecen (Hungary)).

Interview

After 2 months, I got a call to have an english language test. Few days later, I was told to take a programmer test that took 1 hour. Not very hard, but have to keep the pace (1-2 minutes / questions).

2 weeks later I had a personal interview with a HR and with two person related to the field I applied. The questions covered the SQL, and programming basics, and it took an hour.

Interview Questions

• I had to make a database scheme on a whiteboard then describe the details to the interviewers.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batu Maung (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National Instruments (Batu Maung (Malaysia)) in December 2012.

Interview

Resume filter, phone interview, on site interview, technical question ...

Interview Questions

• Technical questions of your area   1 Answer